White Dog Cafe - Wayne
200 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Dog Cafe - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitedog.com/
- Phone: 6102253700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Grainda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from White Dog Cafe - Wayne
The White Dog Cafe is known for it's unusual blend of award winning contemporary American cuisine, civic engagement and environmental sustainability. We only use the finest ingredients from farms that practice sustainable farming methods and all of our seafood comes from sustainable sources, while our wine list includes quality varietals from american vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
White Dog Cafe - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
White Dog Cafe - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
473 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (289)neighborhood gem (247)special occasion (201)great for outdoor dining (200)great for lunch (180)great for brunch (170)good for groups (124)hot spot (118)romantic (108)vibrant bar scene (86)notable wine list (61)kid-friendly (34)late-night find (23)scenic view (12)Show More
- Special dininghelzVIPDined on 10/26/2014Whatever meal you choose, it will be a wonderful experience. Everything is delicious and creative. Service is also special. They aim to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal, beautiful placeBlueleoDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I brought an out of town friend here and everything was perfect. The rooms are decorated beautifully and so quirky. We sat in the book room at a comfy table. There were books suspended from the ceiling I felt like I was in Harry Potters living room. Our waiter was outstanding. He was helpful, informative and best of all funny and totally professional. But the best part of all was the food. The three of us shared some appetizers, we had oysters, an autumnal salad and a half portion of pumpkin tortellini. For dinner we had three different entrees all wonderful. The place is a little pricey but worth every penny. This restaurant gets it right from start to finish and I'm a cat person. .Special Features:
- love the white dogwaynepaDined on 10/26/2014Had a birthday dinner on Sunday night, it was a lovely experience - great food, great atmosphere - the White Dog gave us a complimentary cheese plate for the for the occasion. Always a top pick and a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- It started with server of the monthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014We were greeted by their server of the month and the entire experience was wonderful. Wonderful recommendations, tentative but not overbearing service and the environment was perfect for brunch. This restaurant has great environments in each room with an overall well thought out dog theme with taste, no pun intended. Food was delicious and $4 mimosa was a wonderful surprise. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Girls nite out...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The three of us started out late and ended up ordering several starters, some pasta and a salad. It was perfect and each dish was very tasty...Special Features:
- IncredibleELKnotDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I went to the White Dog for our Anniversay dinner and we had the best experience. We sat at the best table and every employee wished us Happy Anniversary- there was a card on the table and we received a cheese platter and since my wife is lactose intolerant they brought her the Tuna Tartar app. The Mushroom soup was and is award winning! The main dishes were just as delicious. Fantastic all around!Special Features:
- ABLTGDawgVIPDined on 10/21/2014The avocado was tough to find. The bacon was simply tough. Big disappointment. Fortunately, the meal was taken off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!smw237Dined on 10/20/2014Had a delicious dinner at White Dog Cafe. The service was very attentive. I hardly ever get desert, but couldn't resist the apple bread pudding and it was the highlight of the meal for me. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- TerrificBrynMawrDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a great meal - loved the linguine and rib eye. Nice that they have half portion options for pasta so you can enjoy one of their great appetizers or salads. Wine list was very good and the ambiance is great for dinner with friends. Stylish but not overdone - casual elegance. Wait staff were very attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- awesomeCfusettiDined on 10/20/2014White Dog never disappoints me- from business lunches to happy hour to get together lunch/dinner with friends. At Universiy City or in the Main Line- its always great .Special Features:
- Nice surpriseChipshot50Dined on 10/19/2014I have been a fan of the White Dog Cafe in West Philly but this was our first time to the one in Wayne for my wife's birthday. It was a pleasant surprise. We went to brunch and the combination of all you can drink Mimosas and unique menu was perfect. This was topped off by ver attentive service and wonderful birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I have been here 4 or 5 times now for Brunch. I think the food is very good...I would definitely come back and try dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AMAZINGQuitapayDined on 10/18/2014This was not our first time at white Dog, but it was the first time for 5 out of our party of 9, including my mother, whose birthday we were celebrating. My mother loved the food and so did EVERYONE else. It was literally perfect, nothing could have been done better. Our waiter was great also. The only thing I didn't like was the phone call I got the day before telling me that if we brought w birthday cake for my mom, that it would be $3 per slice to have it cut. That's is entirely too costly in too of the cost of the cake itself. Our bill was already $269 so we opted not to bring the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Dog CafeDAB25Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful service! Delicious and interesting food. We were seated in a quiet room with plenty of light. It was a delightful meal & worth returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Autumn BrunchDiningOutOfTown2Dined on 10/18/2014I've heard about White Dog in Wayne since it opened but never made it there until this past weekend. It was as great as I'd heard. The decor and themed rooms are fun. The service is prompt and courteous. The brunch menu offered a variety of dishes made from local ingredients. The Oh Good Grief (cider with pumpkin puree) is perfect for an Autumn morning! My boyfriend and I had a good experience and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent food and service. The service staff were incredible and made the night specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereDatenightDined on 10/17/2014The food and service were awesome. I appreciated the microbrewery beer that was on the menu and the mushroom soup.Special Features:
- Great Spot!layne26cDined on 10/13/2014I've heard a lot about this restaurant, but it was my first time. Great food and great service! Definitely going to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad accousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014I've been a fan of White Dog since the 90's Judy Wicks restaurant in the Penn area of Philadelphia. The Wayne version aims for the same ambiance and comes close, with an artful arrangement of dog decor. Always a great brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We have never had a bad meal here - each one is actually better than the next. Our server was exceptionally good as well!Special Features:
- KittyDined on 10/11/2014We had a great time! Beautiful place!. My sister has been there because she works in Radnor. We went for her and my brother-in-laws, 4th wedding anniversary! Atmosphere was so beautiful and Amanda, our waitress was awesome. It was not forced niceness either, she was genuinely very nice and friendly! I would definitely like to return and treat someone esle to this spot. I even learned the history of the name! That was so interesting! Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:
- DPLLKLVIPDined on 10/10/2014Another great meal at the WDC. The Tuna special and the warm Caesar salad were outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysHealthnut1VIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was just excellent! With food allergies, everyone was just SO accommodating. Everything was perfect and delicious! The brussel sprouts were too hard, but other than that...just great!!! Will always go back and recommend! Thanks White Dog!Special Features:
- Very GoodDianeDined on 10/10/2014The food was very appetizing. The menu was diversified and had many unusual and tasty offerings. The server was quite attentive and pleasant. I highly recommend to friends and family. The décor was beautiful and had many rooms that were all decorated in a different theme. Beautiful bar area.Special Features:
- GO!PatDDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding! Went last night for our anniversary and it was just fantastic! Great ambiance, really nicely done inside. The food? Out of this world! Really enjoyed all of it! Service was what you'd expected from a much more expensive restaurant. Constant attention (Not too much though) and very attentive. Very knowledgeable of the food and answered all of our questions. Go!Special Features:
- Magical day and diningdinoladyDined on 10/9/2014A stroll through nearby Chanticleer Gardens followed by a fabulous lunch at White Dog Cafe with superb service!Special Features:
- DaleVIPDined on 10/7/2014We've eaten lunch & brunch here many times and always very pleased with the food - however our recent lunch was most disappointing. Two of us hadspecial soup was by waitress as sweet corn bisque. Different wait person served the soup he said it was sweet corn soup with chipotle, which was extremely spicey - fortunately both of us like spice but other unsuspecting diners would find it difficult to swallow. We two also ordered the oyster po boy, which contained so few and such tiny oysters you could barely see them, let alone taste them and the sandwich was overpowered by too much sweet bread, roasted peppers and coleslaw with absolutely no evidence of oysters. Sure hope this is not a sign of things to come for what had been a favorite.
- Consistantly excellent!GoldingGoldensDined on 10/6/2014We have lunch here every week and have always had excellent food, and terrific service. We have come to know many of the employees and are always welcomed back with hugs whenever we return after a vacation. It is hands down our favorite restaurant! A special shout out to our favorite bartender Natasha and manager Paige.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchStephDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch! Food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive. However, we had a reservation for 11:45, showed up on time but we were not sat until almost 12:10.Special Features:
- Great Eveningkk1126Dined on 10/4/2014Was able to get an 8 PM reservation last minute, had the best tortellini I have ever had. The butternut squash was GREAT! I wish I remembered our server's name, he was very attentive, polite, and friendly.Special Features:
- special eveningsandmanDined on 10/4/2014terrific meal. first time at White Dog after many times thinking about it. lovely evening with my wife and great food. linguine with shrimp and calamari in pesto was marvelous. we'll be back. nice bar scene too with plenty of spots to eat as wellSpecial Features:
- ambiencepartyof6Dined on 10/4/2014Drinks and apps are VG. Main course meals were average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 10/4/2014great locally sourced menu. The beer list is outstanding as full of Victory, Yards and Stoudts options. We really loved the cheese plate and the yellowtail appetizer. The swordfish was good but not worth the price as better options. The salmon was very good as was the side of mac and cheese. Dessert had a good selection and we liked (but not loved) the Choc "PB&J" which was a bit small.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShalDined on 10/3/2014Love the restaurant! It was my second time. Everything was great except our waitress was a little distracted. All others were attentive and made up for our waitress's distracted air. Will Definately go back. Food great, esp mushroom soup. Would absolutely recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and service are always fantastic. My favorite place for lunch and happy hour. Can't wait to try Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestNooyorkerVIPDined on 9/27/2014I believe that this is the best restaurant on the mainline. We have eaten here several times and there is just nothing bad I can say about the "White Dog" Aside from the Mainline it is one of the best in the Philadelphia area.Special Features:
- After 30 years of Marriage...LivindaDreamwitthe1IluvDined on 9/27/2014I wanted a place appropriate and close to home to help celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The moment we arrived we were addressed properly by the front desk who made us feel special. The ambiance and service was so perfect. Having five children, we especially appreciated the ability to speak to each other in a normal tone and in full sentences. The menu was fantastic with a perfect variety from each course. I would highly recommend White Dog Cafe as a place to celebrate and enjoy a perfect meal with those that you love and care about in your life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chefs Tasting Menu + wineMMMariDined on 9/27/2014like the new items on Fall menu. Opted w/5 course chef tasting+wine pairing. Ordered almost everything on tasting menu. All great, only item that didn't WOW-the strip steak. Loved the pumpkin stuffed tortellini n the wine paired was perfect! Beet salad, scallop great as usual. Tuna/wahoo was excellent, so fresh, loved it rare.Server (Stephanie) great! Multi courses +wine pairing requires a well trained staff.Wine pairing-a good value n paired well, would have liked a slightly bigger pour (b/c the courses were so yummy!). Portions of the courses were great. FYI, glad you do Restaurant Wk, we were just there for dinner n had to come back again b/c of it. Thank you for a great evening. See you soon.Special Features:
- HeatherVIPDined on 9/27/2014Been to the White Dog multiple times and enjoy it each time. Tried the tasting menu for restaurant week and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experiencecleaningmommyDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to White Dog for a date. We have an infant so it has been awhile since we have been out without the kids. The ambiance was whimsical yet classy. The food was amazing and the server, Christian, showed the perfect amount of attentiveness without making us feel rushed. The fresh food left us satisfied without that heavy feeling we so often feel after eating out. We can't wait to go back and take friends and family with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.