White Dog Cafe - Wayne
200 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Dog Cafe - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitedog.com/
- Phone: 6102253700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 4:00pm - 6:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Grainda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Tamas Szene 6102253701
A word from White Dog Cafe - Wayne
The White Dog Cafe is known for it's unusual blend of award winning contemporary organic american cuisine, civic engagement and environmental sustainability. We only use the finest ingredients from farms that practice sustainable farming methods and all of our seafood comes from sustainable sources, while our wine list includes quality varietals from american vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
White Dog Cafe - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
White Dog Cafe - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
525 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (303)special occasion (251)neighborhood gem (235)great for outdoor dining (225)great for brunch (198)great for lunch (190)romantic (136)good for groups (115)vibrant bar scene (108)hot spot (94)notable wine list (68)kid-friendly (38)late-night find (20)scenic view (12)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent service, tasty food, decent pricing, friendly staff, a welcome addition to the Wayne area--place for entertaining, celebrations, rendezvous--warmth and some intimacy (if you get the right corner). EZ reservations and parking a snap.Special Features:
- A good business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Had a good business lunch, tables not too close and not too noisy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My Fired Green Tomato BLT was great. The omlets of the day were a little sparse on meat. My companion ordered the "special" of the day and he said the pieces of sausage were paper thin, though taste good. Another guest has an omlet off the menu , which seemed to have much bigger portions. My french fries were wonderful, and a third guest who got pancakes had a beautiful full stack that looked yummy. Our waiter was conscientious, and courteous . The Decor is a HOOT, including dog Topiaries. Parking lot not the greatest and in a strip Mall location, but I would definitely not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Active and attractiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Wait staff was attentive . The restaurant was busy yet the staff maintains a welcoming environment. Extremely courteous waitress was attentive throughout the evening. The entrees were fresh and flavorful. The antipasti was excellent. Would definitely return.Great evening.Special Features:
- Great food and servicegregsmom1980Dined on 8/15/2014The food and the service were wonderful. The one big problem that we encountered was the noise at the bar very close to our table. We ate and left pretty quickly because of the noise, and having to practically shout to each other to have a conversation. I love the restaurant, but if I was led to a table near the bar on another evening, I would probably just leave before the meal. It's too bad. I took out-of-town company there, and was disappointed that we could barely have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great burgersarafaekVIPDined on 8/15/2014Burger is great, as is the happy hour offering list. Thanks!Special Features:
- Lovely for lunchdudleyDined on 8/15/2014Met a friend for a weekday lunch. Had a Caprese sandwich that was awesome and my friend had an unusual peach and blueberry salad that was equally good. Lovely "Mocktails" We hadn't seen each other in awhile, so we wanted to chat. Service was excellent and no one suggested that we leave until we were ready. The Cookie Jar desert is a hoot!Special Features:
- Stellar experienceMamaMoDined on 8/15/2014My daughters were in town from California where they are able to easily sustain their vegetarian diet (while supporting local organic growers). White Dog met these needs easily!! To top off a great meal, it was also my daughters birthday. They had a card at the table and all of the staff came by to say Happy Birthday. There was also a complimentary treat, and they were very gracious about bringing in our own cake. It was a great dining experience in so many wYs!Special Features:
- An oof night for White DogSbrbnCoupleDined on 8/12/2014Our last several meals at White Dog have been outstanding, but this was a let down as all of our entrees seemed average. I'm sure we'll be back, but this meal was a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- The BesterlfoodDined on 8/12/2014I love the White Dog and go there as much as I can!Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Had a girls day out and had lunch at the White Dog. Food was great. Service was great. We had such a nice time just chatting over good food!Special Features:
- AmazingMichDined on 8/10/2014The swordfish was the absolute best I ever tasted!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Dog Delivers Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious dinner and a lovely evening at White Dog Cafe this past week-end. It was a perfect evening for outdoor dining on their patio. And the food was awesome once again. I had a refreshing peach salad followed by lamb rigatoni. My wife had the filet. The service was very good and attentive. We were relaxed and not rushed. We look forward to going back again!Special Features:
- trout was over cooked, dryluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Disappointed in the quality of the main course. Trout stuffed with crabmeat was tough, over cooked. Should have sent back to the kitchen but that is not our nature. Very expensive night for poor quality. Presentation was good.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!!2cheesebratsDined on 8/9/2014We love everything about white dog!! Especially the brand new menu.. We had a hard time picking what we wanted to try! We ended up with two specials and they were fabulous! Our waiter David is amazing! From great suggestions on their delicious cheeses, dinner specials or menu items, good conversation and just around super attentive.. We try and get him whenever we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!TeriDined on 8/9/2014Went there for dinner with my son who is a vegetarian. Seated at a wonderful table on a Sat night...Our waitress, Karen, was delightful....Professional, helpful, and doing everything possible to ensure we had a fantastic experience. The hostess checked with us twice to make sure everything was good. The food was incredible. Service incredible. Ambience wonderful. My son had the stuffed zucchini, and I had the cod. Beautiful presentation and the flavors were perfect. The cheese platter had incredible cheeses and jellies. Couldn't have been more delighted.Special Features:
- GemMomanddadnightoutDined on 8/8/2014Lived in the KOP/ Wayne area for last 5 years and this has to be one of the best restaurants if not the best restaurants in the suburbs. Amazing decor...it's like you walk into this eclectic English pub with a flair for classic mainline decor. Food was outstanding. Waiter was professional. If you go, I recommend you block some time because your are not going to want to leave!Special Features:
- just missesetc1Dined on 8/8/2014The menu delivers reliable quality but leans towards style over substance. Chairs inside are difficult to get in and out of and too low for the tables. The chairs outside are just plain uncomfortable. The noise level is unpleasant inside, and no better outside because of the loud music. The wine list offers almost no choice at the lower end of the prices and are over priced. The wait staff are attentive but sloppy. The specials were mumbled to us - incomprehensible. For the cost of dinner here the service should be better.Special Features:
- Delicious and attentive!MariMariEatsDined on 8/8/2014White Dog Cafe never lets us down. Inventive menus with locally grown food. The combination of ingredients in their meals are daring and tasty. If you're a foodie, this is the perfect place for you to dine. For your birthday they give you a complimentary cheese board and make you feel extra special. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from start to finishSusanDined on 8/8/2014From the bread to the dessert...one of the best meals we have ever had. Service was fabulous. The bread with honey butter was the best I have ever had. We had the special appetizer (I forget the name but it was a mozzarella ricotta cheese with toast points and tomatoes with an olive eggplant spread). My husband had the pork chop which he loved. I had the vegetarian meal (squash and zucchini boats with cheese). We both shared the peach melba.Special Features:
- mainline mainstayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014The White Dog is a Mainline go to place. Always good food and excellent service Wed night by Christian. Our group loves the fact that the service people let us sit and talk without pushing to turn the table. We dine here often and always enjoy our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodGabbyDined on 8/6/2014I took my parents out to dinner, and we sat outside. It was beautiful and the service was impeccable. It was a little pricier than our typical restaurant, but it's well worth it. Great for special occasions or happy hour at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchVeganKimVIPDined on 8/6/2014I had a delicious piece of trout and cous cous. They were very accommodating with my food sensitivities as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014My daughter and I had dinner there and the entrees were very disappointing! I had trout wrapped in bacon—the bacon was unchewable, like rock, and the fish very salty. My daughter had the vegetarian dish, which was very bland. The bread, however was good, as were the wine and cocktail. Noise level was ok because we were there early.
- Great meal for a large groupKeepitrealDined on 8/4/2014There were 9 in our party, including several kids. They do offer kids plates--they are just not on the menu. The server also helpfully pointed out that they can do 1/2 portions of many of the dishes. The service was prompt and courteous and accurate. The food was absolutely fantastic. Every person at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Main Line DiningRdeF230Dined on 8/2/2014We've been here many times and have always enjoyed it. This weekend we at outside on the patio and it was fantastic. It felt like we were somewhere on vacation, while Lancaster Ave. was just beyond the bushes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Main LineBennVIPDined on 8/2/2014Overall White Dog is superb in every category. I have dined there numerous times and its consistently "perfect". The wait staff know the menu inside out, never had an Entry or Appetizer that was not original, plated nicely and was not mouth watering delicious. I'm a Martini aficionado, almost never have had a perfect Martini and even rarer to have them consistent. White Dog gets pretty close on drink mixology and presentation. Highly highly recommend!Special Features:
- This White Dog fetches a great timerescue4meDined on 8/1/2014A great place to meet friends, make friends, and tell friends about the next day. The food is superb. The service is impeccable. Each room exudes its own unique charm. Tradition is the trademark of the Main Line and in a few short years White Dog Café has become an important part of that tradition. I love to take new people to the WDC. They end up admiring my good taste because of your good tastes.Special Features:
- Special Occasion8nfulDined on 8/1/2014Took my wife and the kids to White Dog Cafe for her birthday dinner as this is one of her favorite restaurants. We were shown to our table and there was a birthday card from the restaurant wishing my wife a happy birthday. The service and food was amazing. They do not have a kids menu but they offered a variety of options that our kids really enjoyed. We have eaten here on many occasions and every time they have delivered on exceptional food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouzDined on 8/1/2014For the money we paid.. We were not impressed by the food. Steak was too tough. Overall it was okay but not great. We won't be returning
- A Favorite PlaceJillBDined on 8/1/2014The White Dog Cafe is a a favorite place for our small lunch group, and we have always had a good dining experience there. Our recent visit was no exception. Our waiter was attentive and thoughtful. The menu was full of interesting choices, and the food was delicious. Dining in the Library is always a pleasant experience for us. We plan to be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed ...Foodie520Dined on 8/1/2014My sister was in town from Georgia and I knew she would love it just as much as I do! The lunch menu is good just not as impressive as the dinner menu. Still very good meal and perfect place to catch up and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food among the dogsHungryProfessorDined on 7/31/2014We were three form dinner. The specials were amazing and the items on the menu did not srae behind. Appetizers as well as main courses wee just godd and made our evening beautiful.Special Features:
- Love!BdayVIPDined on 7/31/2014Mushroom soup is always a FAV. Meal was great. The houndita cocktail was yummy. Consistently a wonderful meal, I am always happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaymanCaymanDined on 7/31/2014Food was fantastic, pricing good, slightly pricey, service by Michel was outstanding, noise level was good enough for a decent conversation, but bar area was very noisy.Special Features:
- LunchPALFDined on 7/31/2014I made a reservation to celebrate a special birthday of a friend. She is a vegetarian and we both ordered the "special"-soup, saald and caprese sandwich. The waitress came back to tell us that there were no more specials(it was about 1:15PM). We reordered. Food was good. The touches for the birthday girl were very considerate and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Selected this restaurant based on location and open table feedback for a special event. Atmosphere was fun and energetic - that's about all white dog cafe offered. Our service was poor, and had to send back my entree (vegan meatballs) because they were cold. Obviously, they were prepared in advance and them frozen for future use. The chef could have at least microwaved them so they were served hot, but no - I was served a cold meal. The bartender was backed up and our cocktails were late - served well after our appetizers arrived. While the manager did apologize and took my entree off the Check, it was insincere at best. Definitely not worth the $500 check for 6 people. Do not reccomend - get it together white dog...
- Simply Fantastic!QualityFirstVIPDined on 7/30/2014From start to finish, White Dog for lunch was fantastic, The service provide by Stephanie and her trainee was superb, the food delicious, especially the heirloom, mozzarella and fried onion on toasted marbled rye sandwich, and the ambience eclectic and enjoyable. Not much more to say than that.Special Features:
- Always awesomeMaddyDined on 7/27/2014Whether we go as a couple, or with other people, everyone is always pleased with the food, service and ambience. Definitely a feel-good restaurant.Special Features:
- nice night outFoodeeDined on 7/26/2014We had a little snafu upon arriving (our table was not ready for our reservation) and communication between the host/hostess could have been better. After waiting about 15-20 minutes for our indoor table, we were notified that our outdoor table was ready. Fortunately, within another 10 minutes (after my husband checking back in), they led us to a wonderful indoor location. Our waitress was incredible: friendly with a great sense of humor, extremely knowledgeable about the entire menu (including the wine list), offered many helpful recommendations, and provided great service. The food selection was nice and quality was top-rate as usual.Special Features: