White Dog Cafe - Wayne
200 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Dog Cafe - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitedog.com/
- Phone: 6102253700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 4:00pm - 6:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Grainda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Tamas Szene 6102253701
A word from White Dog Cafe - Wayne
The White Dog Cafe is known for it's unusual blend of award winning contemporary organic american cuisine, civic engagement and environmental sustainability. We only use the finest ingredients from farms that practice sustainable farming methods and all of our seafood comes from sustainable sources, while our wine list includes quality varietals from american vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
White Dog Cafe - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
White Dog Cafe - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
497 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (281)neighborhood gem (231)great for outdoor dining (228)special occasion (213)great for lunch (185)great for brunch (172)romantic (116)good for groups (108)hot spot (98)vibrant bar scene (96)notable wine list (59)kid-friendly (35)late-night find (20)scenic view (15)Show More
- Great local foodNewZagats2VIPDined on 9/15/2014The service was fast enough to still make it on time, but it was a birthday and the guy brought nothing special and we left, kind of used to having at least an amuse bouche, from the chef! But not even that! The Peach salad was AWESOME, and so were the mussels! But the trout was cold and we were in a hurry, so we should not have had to wait for it so long, only for it to be cold. The manager was super nice, and so was the server. He just wasn't super attentive. Oh well. It is good for salads!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh local produce! Yum!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a fabulous dinner! The mushroom soup was wonderful, actually EVERYTHING was. I can see the White Dog Cafe becoming a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awesome local gemReinsureregVIPDined on 9/13/2014We took our son who is at VFMAC out for a quick bite and a break from the regimented life at the Academy. He enjoyed his burger. My wife had the pasta special and I enjoyed my perfectly cooked ribeye. Server was attentive and the cocktails were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Have been to the city site; prefer this for its size and vibe. Thought the service was outstanding though the cynic in me was suspicious. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pay for the popularityOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was great. Ambience was charming, hip and quaint, all at the same time. You pay for the popularity of this trendy spot however; every time we make reservations we still have to wait for at least 15 minutes, and seldom end up in the room we ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Great neighborhood place to eat! Great casual dining at bar and tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJoeDDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were first rate. A great addition to the Wayne dining scene. Wonderful place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014Had a wonderful birthday lunch. White Dog has a beautiful garden/cottage feel. Food and service were both excellent. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Our party of 5 sat on very uncomfortable steel chairs. The wine was very expensive so we shared a bottle for 5 people. The appetizers were good and the entrees were very nice and presentable and tasted very good. I would recommend making a reservation for parties less than 5 otherwise you sit on steel chairs. The service was great and our waiter was readily available and the food came out in a reasonable time. I probably won't go back again though....too pricey.Special Features:
- OutstandingYummy12Dined on 9/7/2014The White Dog never disappoints. The food is consistently outstanding and the decor never gets tired. Favorite spot.Special Features:
- SurprisedDmacDined on 9/7/2014Service and atmosphere are great, but my omelette was cold, the potatoes soggySpecial Features:
- White Dog, a culinary gem in WaynezaharaDined on 9/7/2014We were thrilled with our Brunch experience at White Dog this past Sunday. We sat outside on a glorious day. The service was friendly and very accommodating. The food was abundant, surprising and delicious. There were lots of great choices for Brunch. It was a special occasion as we were meeting our adult son's girlfriend for the first time. The atmosphere was ideal for conversation. Service was charming and attentive without being over solicitous. The menu is varied. We were given a beautifully arranged array of homemade breads at the beginning of the meal with homemade apple butter and regular butter. This set the stage for the sumptuous feast to follow. White Dog will be a regular spot for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- All Brunches Should be This Great!SubukaiVIPDined on 9/7/2014White Dog in Wayne has consistently been my new favorite brunch spot. While I did not love the summer menu as much as I loved the spring menu, it was still excellent and I am looking forward to checking out the fall menu. I love that they change it up; although I will miss dishes on occasion, it never gets stale. And then there's the bottomless brunch drinks... they do sangria right! On the couple occasions that my young God-daughter has come along, they have been great with her.Special Features:
- Dinner with familyCasinobobDined on 9/6/2014On Saturday, Sept 6th, I had the pleasure of revisiting one of my favorite dining spots,and as usual we (party of 8),had a wonderful time and an outstanding well paced meal.The server, Stephanie,was excellent and knowledgable.and Paige the hostess went out of her way to change our reservation from 6 to 8. We had last minute out of town cousins come for a visit,and I called on Friday to try to add two more guests and Paige was able to work her magic. Start with the Dirty dog martini and an order of fried pickles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Pleasantly surprised with the spacious and elegant layout. There are several different dining rooms, each with a unique ambiance. We ate in a clubby lounge/library room. Comfortable seating and not jam packed. David, our waiter, was professional and efficient and very pleasant. He offered good suggestions. The bread was warm and delicious with butter. All the food was superb. Will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mainline stapleraidersix2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014Very popular version of the university city older sibling. The food is a similar high quality but the scene is mainline on steroids. UC is a funky university vibe, while Wayne is definitely a see and be seen experience. That said all the food was great, fresh and well prepared. I think the beet salad could use a few more beets in it, the cheese plate is always a hit, let them surprise you with the selections. You really can't go wrong here but reservations are a MUST.Special Features:
- We thought it couldn't get better..SusanDined on 9/5/2014This was our second time dining here. After our first time here we thought - how can it get better? How they top this? Well, we found out. We made a reservation for our anniversary dinner. Everything was outstanding from the champagne to the appetizers to the dinners and the dessert and the special card left at our table. The service was phenomenal. This is our NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT! Thank you to everyone who made our night so special.Special Features:
- Reservation failureWarskVIPDined on 9/5/2014Despite my Open Table reservation, when we arrived they hard no record of our reservation. I had received an email confirmation but failed to take it with us. Suggest you do this less you get seated in a corner by a crowed noisey barSpecial Features:
- Business travel lunchnashvillegrooveDined on 9/3/2014My local Philly client recommended White Dog as "the first and one of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Philly". It did not disappoint! Great food and service. Will be back.Special Features:
- ALWAYS OUTSTANDING!obieTDined on 9/2/2014I love this place! From the atmosphere to the food and service, it never disappoints. A superb go-to place. Last evening, our party of five was celebrating my daughter's 22nd birthday, and the staff made a lovely, civilized fuss as soon as we checked in at the front desk, as well as throughout our experience. It made me feel good to know that they had actually read the comments on the reservation (many places do not seem to do that). All I wrote was that we were celebrating my daughter's 22nd Bday, that's it---They handled it so professionally and appropriately. Along with the great food, we had a great time, and felt very comfortable. What a great place anytime---I'm so glad it's right in my "backyard." Tons of stars for this gem!Special Features:
- A classicfoodiefanVIPDined on 8/31/2014We like The White Dog on Penn's campus a bit better, but we're biased having gone to school there. The food is essentially the same, but the one in Wayne doesn't have the same feel as the one downtown. Still, it's a great place for some healthy, fresh food with a good brew or wine.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful foodClansmittyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Have been here several times on dates with my husband and have never been disappointed. Husband has hosted work dinners here. Wonderful food. Very impressive menu and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food is great-love the decor!globalfoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014My first visit to White Dog was in July and I came back in August. I have a feeling there will be more trips backs in the near future. I LOVE this restaurant! The farm-to-table local ingredients are thoughtfully prepared into delicious apps, entrees and deserts. Great bar specialties and wine list. The decor is adorably thematic in an upscale way--who can resist having fun in a room full of doggy images of all makes and models???Special Features:
- White Dog CafeDinerinArdmoreDined on 8/30/2014We went to White Dog with some close friends and we sat outside. It was beautiful and relaxing. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- Brunch at White Dog - WayneJayKrueDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a great brunch at White Dog - Wayne. They easily accommodated our party of 9 and as usual the service was excellent. I highly recommend the French toast bread pudding, it was the best French toast I have ever had. The Lancaster omelette, steak salad and eggs Benedict were also all very good.Special Features:
- pickydinerDined on 8/30/2014Took my friends from California and China for lunch. We sat outside. Very nice atmosphere open, beautiful setting. Food was very good, staffs were very friendly providing excellent service. I wish it was closer to my house, do I can bring other people out for lunch too. Definitely would come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great time.CAI926Dined on 8/29/2014The food is so good you want to like your plate and the drinks are perfect every time. The waiters too, are well trained and pleasant. When you take some friends with you - you are sure to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local organic foodhspinwebDined on 8/28/2014The dinner was excellent. The server was helpful in selecting choices and had knowledge of where the food came from and what was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal!Gerry425VIPDined on 8/28/2014We took advantage of everyone still on vacation and went to White Dog for a last minute dinner out. Grilled fish was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - way too noisykenron113VIPDined on 8/26/2014went on a Tuesday night for a reunion dinner of 8 for a cousin up from Florida. Unfortunately there were 2 groups of women in the room - one of 8 and one of 10!! The noise that they generated was ungodly and almost mind numbing. The restaurant should have not put both groups into that room since it just could not handle 40 conversations at once coming from those tables. Service was great and food was outstanding.
- SandPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent caprese salad and best halibut I've had outside of Alaska.Special Features:
- extremely disspointedmscourtiasDined on 8/24/2014Its a gorgeous place. Loved the decor but unfortunately we didn't enjoy our eggs benedict since the hollandaise sauce had too much vinegar and it ruined the taste. The appetizer (smoked salmon with corn fritters) was very bland and tasteless. My son's hamburger was decent. The cappuccino was weak. I would never return.
- MarkDined on 8/24/2014Visited White Dog Cafe on several occasions for brunch. There are some unique brunch entrees. Each of the entrees I have ordered have been excellent. The ambiance is upscale but comfortable. The staff is friendly and provides great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleVIPDined on 8/24/2014as always, a great meal at White Dog - four of us had brunch outside on a beautiful day and all thoroughly enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014another flawless experience at White Dog-Just one more reason I try to dine here ever time I visit Philly
- good find for usCarlVIPDined on 8/23/2014we have been to their rest. in Phila. but first time in Wayne. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun decor and tasty foodLEsuburbsDined on 8/23/2014The best thing about the restaurant is the decor, i.e., assuming you like dogs. There are drawings, paintings, photos, and sculptures of dogs throughout the restaurant. I came for lunch on a Saturday with a friend. We were both surprised that we were given a brunch menu, as we thought brunch was just for Sunday. Nonetheless, the food we ordered was tastySpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodVeganKimVIPDined on 8/22/2014I go to the a Whit Dog 2-3 times per month. It has good fiord and service that I can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.SpanishdudDined on 8/21/2014This place is on point with everything they do. Have nothing but praise for this establishment. Although we went for happy hour and all my girlfriend wanted was the turkey burger. It was the only thing on the menu that had been 86'd. Other than that 👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb describes it all!!!latinprofVIPDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful food from the gazpacho to the blackberry w/lemon ice cream bread pudding. Wonderful service on the lovely terrace (less noisy than inside) and certainly equally charming. They even read the "special request for restaurant" part on Open Table booking! They honored each part of mine. I called the next day to thank the manager for such a wonderful evening. LOVE IT! (my pick for my birthday dinner of all restaurants in the entire area)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.