White Dog Cafe - Wayne
200 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Dog Cafe - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitedog.com/
- Phone: 6102253700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 4:00pm - 6:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Grainda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from White Dog Cafe - Wayne
The White Dog Cafe is known for it's unusual blend of award winning contemporary organic american cuisine, civic engagement and environmental sustainability. We only use the finest ingredients from farms that practice sustainable farming methods and all of our seafood comes from sustainable sources, while our wine list includes quality varietals from american vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
White Dog Cafe - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
White Dog Cafe - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
526 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (307)neighborhood gem (250)great for outdoor dining (235)special occasion (231)great for lunch (199)great for brunch (183)romantic (121)good for groups (115)hot spot (111)vibrant bar scene (100)notable wine list (62)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (20)scenic view (12)Show More
- After 30 years of Marriage...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I wanted a place appropriate and close to home to help celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The moment we arrived we were addressed properly by the front desk who made us feel special. The ambiance and service was so perfect. Having five children, we especially appreciated the ability to speak to each other in a normal tone and in full sentences. The menu was fantastic with a perfect variety from each course. I would highly recommend White Dog Cafe as a place to celebrate and enjoy a perfect meal with those that you love and care about in your life!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chefs Tasting Menu + wineMMMariDined on 9/27/2014like the new items on Fall menu. Opted w/5 course chef tasting+wine pairing. Ordered almost everything on tasting menu. All great, only item that didn't WOW-the strip steak. Loved the pumpkin stuffed tortellini n the wine paired was perfect! Beet salad, scallop great as usual. Tuna/wahoo was excellent, so fresh, loved it rare.Server (Stephanie) great! Multi courses +wine pairing requires a well trained staff.Wine pairing-a good value n paired well, would have liked a slightly bigger pour (b/c the courses were so yummy!). Portions of the courses were great. FYI, glad you do Restaurant Wk, we were just there for dinner n had to come back again b/c of it. Thank you for a great evening. See you soon.Special Features:
- HeatherVIPDined on 9/27/2014Been to the White Dog multiple times and enjoy it each time. Tried the tasting menu for restaurant week and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to White Dog for a date. We have an infant so it has been awhile since we have been out without the kids. The ambiance was whimsical yet classy. The food was amazing and the server, Christian, showed the perfect amount of attentiveness without making us feel rushed. The fresh food left us satisfied without that heavy feeling we so often feel after eating out. We can't wait to go back and take friends and family with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekphonjoanDined on 9/27/2014Food is always reliably wonderful. But the restaurant week menu was 5 courses, not 3, and though a good buy at $50, I would have preferred the 3 course option at $35.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's 85th BirthdayduchessDined on 9/27/2014Impeccable service and dining experience. Attentive but not intrusive. Outdoor seating was perfect with potted flowers on rustic tables under large umbrellas. The bottomless Mimosas and White Sangrias were a big hit for our party of 5. The Local Artisanal Cheese appetizer and the Antipasti were divine and beautifully presented. Rave reviews for both the Cuban Sandwich and the Roast Beef Sandwich with Mushroom Jus. Reservations were for 12:15 and we left at 2:15. Long leisurely lunch for a special occasion. Perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!DinerDined on 9/26/2014So happy that White Dog ventured to the suburbs! We have been here many times and always have a fabulous dinner. This time, we were there for Main Line Restaurant Week. 4 course dinner for $50/pp. The menu was outstanding. So good it was hard to choose! Everything was fresh, delicious and presented beautifully. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Adorable findCarolynVIPDined on 9/26/2014I was so glad that we picked this restsurabt to try for mainline restaurant week. The decor is so clever and adorable and extends from outside all the way to the restrooms! And food doesn't disappoint. Delicious American food meets British classics. It reminded me of Dandellion in philly- but I liked White Dog Cafe better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We sat outside on a lovely evening, and while the patio was busy, the feeling was calm. We chose a prix fixe menu with 5 courses (restaurant week), and each of the courses had excellent, varied options, including vegetarian choices that were unusual and delicious. The service was excellent. Our waitress was attentive and friendly without being intrusive, and she was able to answer questions about the food and preparations in a knowledgable way. Additionally, all of the staff were very professional, with different servers sometimes replacing silverware or serving food. Our waitress always followed up. We would highly recommend this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014We went for Main Line Restaurant Week on Friday evening. The food and service was great. The only negative was that we had a 7:15 reservation and didn't get seated till 8pm and our food order wasn't taken till 8:15pm. Why even bother with a reservation. But that being said the Restauant Week menu was perfect both on how it was prepared and the portion size of each course. Thought 5 courses for $50 was a bargin.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceNnrothDined on 9/26/2014Excellent drink pairings, and warm inviting atmosphere. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DPLLKLVIPDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed the tasting menu as part of restaurant week.Special Features:
- Kept us waiting for 30 minutesVeganKimVIPDined on 9/26/2014I had a 1pm reservation for a special lunch with my family. It was a workday and I had planned an hour for lunch. They did not even seat us until 1:30! They sent over a cheese platter as an apology. However, when the bill came they charged us for it and the bill had to be adjusted. In addition, I don't eat dairy (something I told the waiter when we ordered). The food was good as usual. In the past I have gone to the White Dog about 3 times per month. I assume that they could see my dining frequency in my Open Table profile and wondered why they chose to seat everyone else but us. This was unusual but it was a special occasion and they really did not provide a positive experience. I will have to look for other options for future dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewmidgeDined on 9/25/2014We ate at the White Dog during restaurant week and it was phenomenal. We participated in the special five course special and their were 3 choices for each course, each appropriately varied. Each course was sized right and had flavors that were varied and we chose the wine pairing as well. The meal was perfectly timed and accompanied by choices of wine that were matched just right. We would come back again...and again and again!Special Features:
- Special Occasions at White Dog CafedinoutmorDined on 9/25/2014White Dog not only has a wonderful menu that changes enough to keep it interesting each time we go, it has a very attentive wait staff. All of my particular interests and issues were acknowledged, fulfilled. The birthday, the gluten free requirement were fully addressed, as was the special seating for the occasion. I couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and gourmet foodBusinessTravelerDined on 9/25/2014White Dog has a unique ambience: each room with a different theme but all with dog decor. The service is friendly and respectful. I have been here several times, and the food is consistently well prepared. Most of it is from local sources. It is beautiful presented and with subtle combinations of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the White Dog and My AnniversaryRickiDined on 9/25/2014The food was good and met my current standards- which includes no dairy. We ordered off the menu and found that it accommodated us nicely. This was a special occasion so I ordered wine and the wine was quite good. The White Dog in Wayne knows what it is doing and does it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ilovegreatfoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great lunch. Great server; Ashley was friendly, knowledgable and accommodating. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephDined on 9/24/2014I was a bit disappointed in some of the service I received at White Dog. I had a reservation for 4 at 8:15PM. Around 8:45, I finally went back up to the host and hostess to check on the status of the table. At this, they apologized and said that the they must've forgotten to let us know. However, the table was still not ready. Another 15 minutes went by before we finally sat down to eat. While I understand that it was restaurant week and that is the reason it was so busy, I still feel that they could've been more accommodating. That being said, it was restaurant week-a popular restaurant should know what to expect and should prepare accordingly. The disappointment sort of ruined the mood of the meal for my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too successful?BilboVIPDined on 9/24/2014We are long term White Dog fans from the early days at Penn. The tradition of excellent food and innovation continued through new ownership and to the second location in Wayne. We were disappointed though with a significant wait to get seated with an Open Table reservationSpecial Features:
- Top SpotMartinDined on 9/24/2014The White Dog Cafe is one of the finest restaurants in the Delaware Valley. The food is always right, the service is just as it should be, and you will need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressMerrytooleDined on 9/24/2014Our waitress was just outstanding. The food was excellent, as usual, especially the soup. I took a friend from New Jersey for her birthday...it was her first visit, and she excitedly told her family about it (they live in Audubon). It was a truly wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Slow service at the barDonnaVIPDined on 9/21/2014I like to sit at bar but bartenders were too busy doing their side work and service bar last Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White DogOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014First time eating here. Greeted and sat timely. The server Meghan was excellent. The food and atmosphere were great! Really enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Never disappointsNewYorkerDined on 9/20/20149/20 was parents weekend at Villanova which brought us to White Dog café and though it was crowded, the service was amazing the restaurant accommodated my seating preference and my reservation was right on time. The experience has also been wonderful for us at White Dog and this time was equally as good.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!foodieuf4VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have been going to this restaurant for the past 3 years since my daughter started attending Villanova. We are from California and we always make sure we eat here once. It is farm to table food. We love the freshness! Decor is adorable! Service is always good.Special Features:
- Just okBwouchDined on 9/20/2014Service was terrible. Had to ask for drinks multiple times. Food took over an hour. When it did come it was cold and had to be sent back. Waitress was terrible. Had to be reminded of drinks and other requests several times. Wasn't just our table a few other tables around us were complaining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for lunch and brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good food, great service, nice atmoshphere. Make sure to make reservations.Special Features:
- satisfactorylisaDined on 9/20/2014I have been here twice, once for dinner which was delicious and pricy and recently for lunch to celebrate a family birthday. I really enjoy the ambience. Each room is very comfy and the décor is entertaining. My lunch was good, a salad with shrimp but not phenomenal. The most disappointing thing was that our waiter forgot to bring out our cake for the bday girl and brought dessert for the bday girl and dessert menus. We told a few staff members and still waited at least 20 mins for the cake to arrive. They need to improve the service a bit.Special Features:
- gmlarioDined on 9/19/2014Great menu and decor. Food was great and so was the service!Special Features:
- DPLLKLVIPDined on 9/19/2014Another great meal at the WDC. The new Fall menu was great to see and the usual specials were wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentLyndaDined on 9/19/2014Great atmosphere Food and Service were excellent. Tuna tartar was the best ever with the touch of avocado, excellent. The best Bloody Mary. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up (again)!CharlotteWalkerDined on 9/19/2014I love this restaurant! Best starter is the Mushroom Soup. Great presentation. My party of four enjoyed several of the specials which were also wonderful. Had a fabulous server, Christian, who was very pleasant and attentive. It was a delightful luncheon experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent charming restaurant with great food and service. Mario was outstanding as our waiter. Dog lovers are in for a treat!Special Features:
- Consistently goodBruceDined on 9/18/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and have found the experience to be consistently excellent. Food is good, atmosphere is lively but not noisy, decor is eclectic but well thought out.Special Features:
- AccomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food is great and they were very accommodating to our gluten free diner, but the service was quite slow. For an office luncheon, it would have been nice to have been served quicker so we could get back to work.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local foodNewZagats2VIPDined on 9/15/2014The service was fast enough to still make it on time, but it was a birthday and the guy brought nothing special and we left, kind of used to having at least an amuse bouche, from the chef! But not even that! The Peach salad was AWESOME, and so were the mussels! But the trout was cold and we were in a hurry, so we should not have had to wait for it so long, only for it to be cold. The manager was super nice, and so was the server. He just wasn't super attentive. Oh well. It is good for salads!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 9/15/2014Very good dinner, attentive waitress ..........................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Good setting but disappointing foodRailguyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Very well-decorated restaurant. Many nice touches. Although middle room where we sat had very uncomfortable chairs. Service was very attentive. Menu was solid with good variety and breadth. Problem was the food was hit and miss. My pork chop was undercooked TWICE. I had returned it and it still came back extremely pink after having been ordered medium. Good news was it worked well as leftovers after being reheated. Wife's bolognese was underseasoned. Desert selection waqs poor and the apple crisp bread pudding was worst bread pudding we have ever had. They need to work on performanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchhambone85Dined on 9/14/2014Went here with 5 friends for Sunday brunch.. Amazing food and service!Special Features: