White Dog Cafe - Wayne
200 W. Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
White Dog Cafe - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whitedog.com/
- Phone: 6102253700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday- Friday 4:00pm - 6:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zach Grainda
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Tamas Szene 6102253701
A word from White Dog Cafe - Wayne
The White Dog Cafe is known for it's unusual blend of award winning contemporary organic american cuisine, civic engagement and environmental sustainability. We only use the finest ingredients from farms that practice sustainable farming methods and all of our seafood comes from sustainable sources, while our wine list includes quality varietals from american vineyards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
White Dog Cafe - Wayne - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
White Dog Cafe - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
507 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (290)great for outdoor dining (236)special occasion (230)neighborhood gem (229)great for brunch (183)great for lunch (181)romantic (122)good for groups (107)vibrant bar scene (102)hot spot (99)notable wine list (61)kid-friendly (37)late-night find (20)scenic view (13)Show More
- Consistently wonderful foodClansmittyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Have been here several times on dates with my husband and have never been disappointed. Husband has hosted work dinners here. Wonderful food. Very impressive menu and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food is great-love the decor!globalfoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014My first visit to White Dog was in July and I came back in August. I have a feeling there will be more trips backs in the near future. I LOVE this restaurant! The farm-to-table local ingredients are thoughtfully prepared into delicious apps, entrees and deserts. Great bar specialties and wine list. The decor is adorably thematic in an upscale way--who can resist having fun in a room full of doggy images of all makes and models???Special Features:
- White Dog CafeDinerinArdmoreDined on 8/30/2014We went to White Dog with some close friends and we sat outside. It was beautiful and relaxing. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- Brunch at White Dog - WayneJayKrueDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a great brunch at White Dog - Wayne. They easily accommodated our party of 9 and as usual the service was excellent. I highly recommend the French toast bread pudding, it was the best French toast I have ever had. The Lancaster omelette, steak salad and eggs Benedict were also all very good.Special Features:
- Great food, great time.CAI926Dined on 8/29/2014The food is so good you want to like your plate and the drinks are perfect every time. The waiters too, are well trained and pleasant. When you take some friends with you - you are sure to have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local organic foodhspinwebDined on 8/28/2014The dinner was excellent. The server was helpful in selecting choices and had knowledge of where the food came from and what was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal!Gerry425VIPDined on 8/28/2014We took advantage of everyone still on vacation and went to White Dog for a last minute dinner out. Grilled fish was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food - way too noisykenron113VIPDined on 8/26/2014went on a Tuesday night for a reunion dinner of 8 for a cousin up from Florida. Unfortunately there were 2 groups of women in the room - one of 8 and one of 10!! The noise that they generated was ungodly and almost mind numbing. The restaurant should have not put both groups into that room since it just could not handle 40 conversations at once coming from those tables. Service was great and food was outstanding.
- SandPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent caprese salad and best halibut I've had outside of Alaska.Special Features:
- extremely disspointedmscourtiasDined on 8/24/2014Its a gorgeous place. Loved the decor but unfortunately we didn't enjoy our eggs benedict since the hollandaise sauce had too much vinegar and it ruined the taste. The appetizer (smoked salmon with corn fritters) was very bland and tasteless. My son's hamburger was decent. The cappuccino was weak. I would never return.
- MarkDined on 8/24/2014Visited White Dog Cafe on several occasions for brunch. There are some unique brunch entrees. Each of the entrees I have ordered have been excellent. The ambiance is upscale but comfortable. The staff is friendly and provides great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleVIPDined on 8/24/2014as always, a great meal at White Dog - four of us had brunch outside on a beautiful day and all thoroughly enjoyed the experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014another flawless experience at White Dog-Just one more reason I try to dine here ever time I visit Philly
- good find for usCarlVIPDined on 8/23/2014we have been to their rest. in Phila. but first time in Wayne. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun decor and tasty foodLEsuburbsDined on 8/23/2014The best thing about the restaurant is the decor, i.e., assuming you like dogs. There are drawings, paintings, photos, and sculptures of dogs throughout the restaurant. I came for lunch on a Saturday with a friend. We were both surprised that we were given a brunch menu, as we thought brunch was just for Sunday. Nonetheless, the food we ordered was tastySpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodVeganKimVIPDined on 8/22/2014I go to the a Whit Dog 2-3 times per month. It has good fiord and service that I can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.SpanishdudDined on 8/21/2014This place is on point with everything they do. Have nothing but praise for this establishment. Although we went for happy hour and all my girlfriend wanted was the turkey burger. It was the only thing on the menu that had been 86'd. Other than that 👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb describes it all!!!latinprofVIPDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful food from the gazpacho to the blackberry w/lemon ice cream bread pudding. Wonderful service on the lovely terrace (less noisy than inside) and certainly equally charming. They even read the "special request for restaurant" part on Open Table booking! They honored each part of mine. I called the next day to thank the manager for such a wonderful evening. LOVE IT! (my pick for my birthday dinner of all restaurants in the entire area)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoBellaDined on 8/18/2014Excellent service, tasty food, decent pricing, friendly staff, a welcome addition to the Wayne area--place for entertaining, celebrations, rendezvous--warmth and some intimacy (if you get the right corner). EZ reservations and parking a snap.Special Features:
- A good business lunchlynchbankDined on 8/18/2014Had a good business lunch, tables not too close and not too noisy.Special Features:
- SaintBernardMamaDined on 8/17/2014My Fired Green Tomato BLT was great. The omlets of the day were a little sparse on meat. My companion ordered the "special" of the day and he said the pieces of sausage were paper thin, though taste good. Another guest has an omlet off the menu , which seemed to have much bigger portions. My french fries were wonderful, and a third guest who got pancakes had a beautiful full stack that looked yummy. Our waiter was conscientious, and courteous . The Decor is a HOOT, including dog Topiaries. Parking lot not the greatest and in a strip Mall location, but I would definitely not hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014definitely a must for brunch, food is delicious and bottomless drinks round out a perfect brunch experience available Saturdays and Sundays!Special Features:
- Active and attractiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Wait staff was attentive . The restaurant was busy yet the staff maintains a welcoming environment. Extremely courteous waitress was attentive throughout the evening. The entrees were fresh and flavorful. The antipasti was excellent. Would definitely return.Great evening.Special Features:
- Great food and servicegregsmom1980Dined on 8/15/2014The food and the service were wonderful. The one big problem that we encountered was the noise at the bar very close to our table. We ate and left pretty quickly because of the noise, and having to practically shout to each other to have a conversation. I love the restaurant, but if I was led to a table near the bar on another evening, I would probably just leave before the meal. It's too bad. I took out-of-town company there, and was disappointed that we could barely have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great burgersarafaekVIPDined on 8/15/2014Burger is great, as is the happy hour offering list. Thanks!Special Features:
- Lovely for lunchdudleyDined on 8/15/2014Met a friend for a weekday lunch. Had a Caprese sandwich that was awesome and my friend had an unusual peach and blueberry salad that was equally good. Lovely "Mocktails" We hadn't seen each other in awhile, so we wanted to chat. Service was excellent and no one suggested that we leave until we were ready. The Cookie Jar desert is a hoot!Special Features:
- Stellar experienceMamaMoDined on 8/15/2014My daughters were in town from California where they are able to easily sustain their vegetarian diet (while supporting local organic growers). White Dog met these needs easily!! To top off a great meal, it was also my daughters birthday. They had a card at the table and all of the staff came by to say Happy Birthday. There was also a complimentary treat, and they were very gracious about bringing in our own cake. It was a great dining experience in so many wYs!Special Features:
- Great Business LunchVeganKimVIPDined on 8/14/2014High quality food, good atmosphere, attentive wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oof night for White DogSbrbnCoupleDined on 8/12/2014Our last several meals at White Dog have been outstanding, but this was a let down as all of our entrees seemed average. I'm sure we'll be back, but this meal was a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- The BesterlfoodDined on 8/12/2014I love the White Dog and go there as much as I can!Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Had a girls day out and had lunch at the White Dog. Food was great. Service was great. We had such a nice time just chatting over good food!Special Features:
- AmazingMichVIPDined on 8/10/2014The swordfish was the absolute best I ever tasted!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Dog Delivers Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious dinner and a lovely evening at White Dog Cafe this past week-end. It was a perfect evening for outdoor dining on their patio. And the food was awesome once again. I had a refreshing peach salad followed by lamb rigatoni. My wife had the filet. The service was very good and attentive. We were relaxed and not rushed. We look forward to going back again!Special Features:
- trout was over cooked, dryluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Disappointed in the quality of the main course. Trout stuffed with crabmeat was tough, over cooked. Should have sent back to the kitchen but that is not our nature. Very expensive night for poor quality. Presentation was good.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!!2cheesebratsDined on 8/9/2014We love everything about white dog!! Especially the brand new menu.. We had a hard time picking what we wanted to try! We ended up with two specials and they were fabulous! Our waiter David is amazing! From great suggestions on their delicious cheeses, dinner specials or menu items, good conversation and just around super attentive.. We try and get him whenever we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!TeriDined on 8/9/2014Went there for dinner with my son who is a vegetarian. Seated at a wonderful table on a Sat night...Our waitress, Karen, was delightful....Professional, helpful, and doing everything possible to ensure we had a fantastic experience. The hostess checked with us twice to make sure everything was good. The food was incredible. Service incredible. Ambience wonderful. My son had the stuffed zucchini, and I had the cod. Beautiful presentation and the flavors were perfect. The cheese platter had incredible cheeses and jellies. Couldn't have been more delighted.Special Features:
- GemMomanddadnightoutDined on 8/8/2014Lived in the KOP/ Wayne area for last 5 years and this has to be one of the best restaurants if not the best restaurants in the suburbs. Amazing decor...it's like you walk into this eclectic English pub with a flair for classic mainline decor. Food was outstanding. Waiter was professional. If you go, I recommend you block some time because your are not going to want to leave!Special Features:
- just missesetc1Dined on 8/8/2014The menu delivers reliable quality but leans towards style over substance. Chairs inside are difficult to get in and out of and too low for the tables. The chairs outside are just plain uncomfortable. The noise level is unpleasant inside, and no better outside because of the loud music. The wine list offers almost no choice at the lower end of the prices and are over priced. The wait staff are attentive but sloppy. The specials were mumbled to us - incomprehensible. For the cost of dinner here the service should be better.Special Features:
- Delicious and attentive!MariMariEatsDined on 8/8/2014White Dog Cafe never lets us down. Inventive menus with locally grown food. The combination of ingredients in their meals are daring and tasty. If you're a foodie, this is the perfect place for you to dine. For your birthday they give you a complimentary cheese board and make you feel extra special. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous from start to finishSusanDined on 8/8/2014From the bread to the dessert...one of the best meals we have ever had. Service was fabulous. The bread with honey butter was the best I have ever had. We had the special appetizer (I forget the name but it was a mozzarella ricotta cheese with toast points and tomatoes with an olive eggplant spread). My husband had the pork chop which he loved. I had the vegetarian meal (squash and zucchini boats with cheese). We both shared the peach melba.Special Features: