White Barn Inn
37 Beach Avenue
Kennebunk, ME 04043Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
White Barn Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.whitebarninn.com/
- Phone: (207) 967-2321
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm -9:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:30pm -9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Cartwright
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are offered in the White Barn Inn Wine Cellar. The Cellar seats 10-15 guests. Offered year round, seating at 7:30pm.
- Entertainment: Talented Jazz Pianist entertains evenings.
A word from White Barn Inn
Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Five Star and Relais Gourmand property with four course Prix Fixe Menu at $109 per person, and subject to availability, a nine course Prix Fixe menu at $165 per person, both featuring the finest fresh local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
White Barn Inn - Best Restaurants in Kennebunkport ›
White Barn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (119)romantic (111)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (11)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Memorable dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014There was nothing not to love! The wait staff was friendly, but unobtrusive; every taste of food was exceptional; and the room has an ambiance that is both elegant and cozy...a difficult balance to achieve. Unfortunately, though it was our fifth visit, it will probably be our last...the prices have just become too high for our budget. I will miss the experience when we visit Kennebunkport...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got to the WBI!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014I moved to Kennebunk from Washington DC in 2006 and heard about the Inn. I have been trying to get there ever since! Finally a friend (Who is a foodie, so I knew she'd appreciate it. When she was here the last time, we went Fore. St) came to visit and we celebrated her birthday. It was everything I heard and expected it to be! We agree it was the best dining experience we've ever had (including Paris, Italy and NYC)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unsurpassed experienceAFLTCDined on 11/2/2014Right from your arrival you are treated royally. The room is beautiful and the decor changes seasonally. The food is excellent and the polished friendly service makes for a truly special evening. Be sure to order the wine paring with dinner as it is a great accompaniment to your meal. It is expensive but you will feel it is money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobKVIPDined on 11/1/2014The White Barn Inn was over the top in all aspects including cost. Fantastic experience for that special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful evening outabbyDined on 10/31/2014Great experience, however not the same as it has been in the past. Has come down a notch in my opinion but we will give it a try one more time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Family of four. Second time dinning there. Absolutely fabulous! Have given gift certificates to family and friends over the years to share the experience. "Your humble servant"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a few things need fixinatt1Dined on 10/24/2014overall-its one of the best in se maine- yet for the $$, they could spruce up some things--with tables seated close enough that you are listening to the same waiter "spiel" on special items, meal preparation etc. as each nearby table reaches a certain point in the meal-it spoils the ambiance. food is generally well prepared and overall ambiance is attractiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The entire experience was fabulous. Quite possibly one of the best meals ever and we have both dined around the world. From the service to the food, we couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceDedeVIPDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed another spectacular dinner at White Barn Inn after probably 8 years of not having been to this amazing restaurant. The restaurant is charming, the service impeccable and the food is outstanding. The window scene in the restaurant was stunning for fall with pumpkins, corn stalks and mums. We will not wait another 8 years to return. I can taste the mouth watering lobster as I write this review. It was the most amazing preparation of lobster that I have ever had and so easy to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always.FLMEVIPDined on 10/21/2014What's to say, that hasn't already been said? It's a terrific experience- always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGailVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have dined many times at the White Barn and always 5 stars. Lobster dish is our choice 90% of the time but others have never disappointed Blueberry souffe was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite upscale in New EnglandTollmhDined on 10/18/2014Always way more than just having dinner; it is always special in every category. We enjoy the rustic charm of the barn, the oil paintings, the low light. A perfect setting to enjoy top notch service and cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing ...FineDinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014If you have not had this culinary experience yet, then you need to add this to your to do list. It will give you a night to remember!!Special Features:
- ExcellenceFabeatsDined on 10/14/2014The White Barn Inn delivered on all the promises. Fantastic service, superb food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie HeavenSchs71aviddinerDined on 10/13/2014Service was fabulous. Had a perfect appletini to start. A very knowledgable wine steward took us through the wine pairings, the wine selections included some we had never tried which was fun. The amuse bouche were fun and very different. The foie gras and corn/lobster chowder appetizers were excellent. My husband's halibut looked great. My filet mignon was about twice the size I expected! Sauces were smooth and perfectly matched to the plate. The two different souffles we had for dessert were delicious. The little petit fours tree -each branch held a mini petit four-was my undoing. I. Never. Leave. Dessert. Uneaten. But this delicious meal had filled us up and after an herbal tea, we were ready to call it a meal. A terrific experience!Special Features:
- Wow !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent dîner, everything wonderful, top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not blown awayDrewchildDined on 10/11/2014Went for dinner on a Saturday night at 9pm with my wife. We both selected the chefs grand tasting menu. Some of the dishes that stood out were the smoked lobster, and the beef shortrib and tenderloin. I also had the wine paring with the dinner. Doing all those courses after 9 pm was probably to much, as it felt slightly rushed and we were the last guests there at nearly midnight. In fact, they packaged the last round of candies and cookies to go, and did not offer coffee or tea, which was odd for a $450+ meal for 2.Special Features:
- One of the bestSweetTVIPDined on 10/11/2014You can't go wrong with the impeccable service, excellent food, and nostalgic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionGailVIPDined on 10/5/2014We are so lucky to have the White Barn Inn right on our doorstep. We tend to go here for special occasions and have so enjoyed this as a special treat. The food is wonderful, the service impeccable, and you never leave there feeling like you weren't treated like a star. Well done again!Special Features:
- Great Food and great serviceMagnificentVIPDined on 10/4/2014White Barn Inn is not just a destination but an experience. The staff and general manager are gracious and genuinely care about their guests. We went to meet friends and enjoy the changing of the season. The menu was a wonderful tasting experience and deserving of the Relais & Chateux recognition. The service was impeccable and everyone took extraordinary care to ensure our dinner was memorable. If you love exquisite food and great service there is no better place in the Kennebunkport area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of perfectionMagnificentVIPDined on 10/3/2014Group of 4 went for dinner (also breakfast). Wonderful service and meal. Highly recommend. Innovative, fabulous dishes.Special Features:
- Elegant and excellentMimmasDined on 10/1/2014Absolutely excellent service and top quality preparation of food. Well prepared cocktail and extensive and impressive wine list. Wonderful place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:
- ExcellenceHubieDined on 9/30/2014Right up there with the likes of La Tour d'Argent and Auberge d'ille. Great food both in presentation and taste with the service beyond reproach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceReviewGuyDined on 9/25/2014Anniversary celebration for us. Food, service, ambiance were all fantastic. Our table location wasn't the best for us, but just need to know what to ask for next time prior to coming. Very special and well worth it. Our waiter Samuel was attentive, professional and cheerful.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceJf1070depotDined on 9/25/2014We've visited the White Barn many times and it never disappoints. Service is exemplary and the extensive menu utilizes many local ingredients. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Value vs. FlavorBadgerVIPDined on 9/25/2014I am not usually one that looks at value, but when a 4 course is $109 I have high expectations. Long story short for me is the flavors were not there and I feel that this place survives on it's service and lovely atmosphere rather than the flavor of it's food. The food was good, but it was not great, and by no means was it excellent. Flavors fell flat for me and left for a very unmemorable food experience. It should be noted that while it's a 4 course, we also got an amuse to start the meal, an amuse before the dessert course, a tier of sweets when the bill came, and then chocolate muffins before we left. We were definitely overly full when we left and couldn't eat all the sweets. A flavor update is in order though. Service=5 stars!Special Features:
- White Barn, KennebunkportPaceDined on 9/21/2014Food is consistently excellent. Nice choices on the menu to select from. This is more than a dining experience. It's a nights entertainment. Piano player is great.Special Features:
- Beautiful spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014Took my parents here for their 54th anniversary Sunday night. The restaurant is beautiful and a really nice spot to celebrate a special occasion. Be prepared to spend at least $150.00 per person. This was the 4 course dinner vs their 9 course dinner which is the only other option priced at $165.pp without tax, tip or drinks. Appetizer small but good, the next course was good but again small.My dinner, fettuccine topped with lobster;pasta mushy and lobster was under cooked. One other dinner, Veal, small portion was cold. Better to go with either their Duck or Steak. Both were very good. they did take off $109 but considering this is a 5 star restaurant I fully expected more. Comped extra desert as well. I'd pass on this place.Special Features:
- Worth the hype!SBBohVIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I celebrate 2 anniversaries - our wedding date and also our official "start of the relationship" date. The latter happens to be 16 years so we wanted to get away and also indulge. I had heard about the White Barn from friends and had to check it out. The service made you feel like royalty! And the food was divine - such a lively dining experience! The wine list also topped off the exquisite food. Very expensive but worth it if you are looking for a lovely and special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated 30th Wedding AnniversaryWeloveOGTDined on 9/18/2014This is certainly where you would want to spend a special occasion. We were greeted as Mr and Mrs ** by the hostess and our server Niels. The service was impeccable! We are not 'foodies', but thoroughly enjoy good food, and each course of our dinner was delicious and beautifully presented. The entire evening was perfect, especially when our desserts arrived with a candle and "Happy 30th Wedding Anniversary" written on the plate. (It had been mentioned to Andrew when confirming this reservation that we had to cancel in June when we were going to celebrate our anniversary, and were looking forward to finally dining there.) It was worth waiting to celebrate here!Special Features:
- LouisDined on 9/15/2014We both had the lobster entree: the meat seemed much less fresh and flavorful than the meat served at two local restaurants in their lobster rolls. Our waiter brought a "pre dessert" before our dessert, then dessert, then a metal "Christmas tree" rack with a variety of sweets, and finally a small basket of sweet baked goods--even though we had clearly said it was just too much food.
- Anniversary DinnerahammerDined on 9/12/2014This is our third time to White Barn Inn and the most disappointing. Something has changed in the kitchen. A first course risotto with scallops provided delicious scallop but no sign of risotto, and corn chowder was bland. The main course halibut was overcooked and very dry. For dessert the blueberry soufflé was wonderful, but the peach creme brûlée was disappointing. It is peach season and they were hard a to cut even with a knife.Special Features:
- FantasticpaceripleyDined on 9/11/2014Very expensive. Very worth it. Excellent service. Great value. Beware of the incredibly expensive wine and alcohol list (or not). A meal for the memories. Remember to bring a jacket!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceTrytostaylocalVIPDined on 9/11/2014Everyone at The White Barn makes you feel like you are the only ones dining there. The chef prepares everything to perfection. The presentation is outstanding, the food, wine, ambience, I cannot say enough about this play. Hands down the BEST place to go for that special occasion. Never disappointed !Special Features:
- WendyDined on 9/10/2014It was a perfect spot for our wedding anniversary. They gave us the best table (view of garden) and service was excellent. I heard other diners say it was the best restaurant in Maine--we don't live in Maine, but would guess that they are right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable eveningnickVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our evening at the White Barn Inn. A pretty setting, hospitable and friendly service and good, but not great, food.Special Features:
- Nourishment for the palate and soulLorettaDined on 9/9/2014A dinner at the White Barn Inn is that rare opportunity to be transformed by a culinary experience during which all of the senses are seduced and massaged in a manner most exquisite and satisfying. The imaginatively prepared and brilliantly presented cuisine infuses the palate with an extraordinary blend of flavors and textures; the humble, yet breathtaking decor envelops the diner in a virtual sanctuary to gastronomy; and the meticulous, knowledgeable, yet always deft and subtle ministrations by the wait staff further enhances the experience. In the end, this is a meal that is truly food for the soul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the experiencebluedog71Dined on 9/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed the experience. The service was superior, food excellent, and very upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-Star Dinner!LoveToCookDined on 9/8/2014Our group of five had dinner here, and what an experience it was! Most in our group opted for the multi-course chef's sampler menu, complete with wine pairings, and none of us were disappointed! The remaining member of our party, who ordered from the standard four-course menu, was equally pleased with his selections. The food was outstanding and the service equally so. The waitstaff was comprised of a head waiter for our table and numerous assistants. The service was attentive, professional, and friendly! This is dining at its best, and made for the perfect send-off dinner seeing as we were leaving for home the next day. Don your nice clothes and be prepared to spend a little money, but in doing so, you will be in for a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningMemorableDined on 9/7/2014Albeit expensive, the food and attentiveness reached new heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.