7720 W Courtney Campbell Causeway
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whiskeyjoestampa.com/
- Phone: (813) 281-0770
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thur: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Fri: 11 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sat: 11 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sun: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill is the perfect place for your next banquet, group party, meeting, team-building event, wedding, birthday party or any other social event you’ve got in mind!
Whiskey Joe's creates custom event packages to accommodate your event, including live music selections to keep your party poppin’ and a dedicated catering team to keep your guests snackin’.
- Private Party Contact: Please contact Wjtampacatering@srcmail.com 8132810770x
- Entertainment: Visit our website for the current entertainment schedule and upcoming events! www.whiskeyjoestampa.com
- Special Events: Whiskey Joe's Bar & Grill is the perfect place for your next banquet, group party, meeting, team building event, wedding, birthday party or any other social event you've got in mind! Whiskey Joe's creates custom event packages to accommodate your event, including live music selections to keep your party poppin’ and a dedicated catering team to keep your guests snackin’.
Please contact Wjtampacatering@srcmail.com to book your event. We look forward to sharing in your celebration!
A word from Whiskey Joe's
Serving up great food and cold drinks -- live entertainment, white sand and warm tropical breezes, Whiskey Joe’s is the top place in Florida to give you your island fix without getting jet lag. Whiskey Joe’s has a large restaurant overlooking Tampa bay and a fun Tiki bar right on the beach featuring a great bar scene, including 14 types of mojitos, 30 types of margaritas, and over 52 beers on tap. Pair your cocktail with one of our local dishes, put your feet in the sand, cozy up to one of our fire pits and enjoy a killer sunset. There’s always something going on at Whiskey Joe’s Bar & Grill! Visit today and feel like you’re miles away.Continued
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation.”
Please contact the restaurant for reservations over 20 guests. We will do our best to accommodate your reservation.”
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Whiskey Joe's reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (14)good for groups (10)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Ehh.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Not much menu variety. To loud but probably not geared towards my age and me being a local. Geared more for the snow escape vacationers who are bright eyed and bushy tailed. Service was good.Special Features:
- Nice Group DinnersunsetDined on 11/5/2014We asked to be seated in a quiet location so we could hear a mini presentation and it was perfect. We were tucked away in a corner with a gorgeous view of the sunset. The food was good, nice happy hour and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. You did have to valet, which was free, but make sure to have cash to tip. Overall, a nice visit and definitely recommended for sunset.Special Features:
- Perfect for out of towners!!FloridaHotSpot1Dined on 10/22/2014I took a group of co-workers because I thought it was a perfect place to showcae how beautiful Florida is! We sat outside and my guests loved that we could watch the sun set! It was perfect! The view aside, the food is always excellent and a great variety of choices. My guests enjoyed the food as well. The service was just right...not rushed, there when we need him. Overall, a great night!!Special Features:
- It Was FineMarcVIPDined on 10/21/2014We needed to find a reasonable place to go eat for a business meal and this place was fine. It was quiet when we were there - not too busy which was nice. The waitress was excellent. The food was okay - nothing to write home about. I think the vegetables were previously frozen. I think this more of a place to go for a bar scene than any real great food experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingLocaldinerDined on 10/18/2014There needs to be some kind of happy medium between local joint and laid back restaurant with staff older than 18 to manage traffic at the front of the house.Good food and service however the atmosphere and immature staff allows beach-goers next door to wander in with wet bathing suits, flip flops and otherwise inappropriate attire while people are dining. This was previously the Castaway and had a better system for keeping this restaurant a higher class and keeping the public from wandering in. I can understand a more relaxed concept restaurant however even some of the servers are hanging out of their shorts and not in a provocative or attractive way.Special Features:
- Great Sunset View.RRR152Dined on 10/10/2014Good food and drinks at a reasonable price with a awesome view of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bar foodDSWnTucsonDined on 9/24/2014We had a group of 8 out for a casual diner in Tampa. Whiskey Joe's fit the bill nicely. The food was better than most bar food and the view was spectacular.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Whiskey Joe's reviews archive.
- Gulf views are greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2012Great water views, food and service are both very good. Crossing traffic to get there is extremely difficult. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Love the bayside location.marketingwzVIPDined on 3/17/2012Love the bayside location. The outside deck is the place to enjoy a great meal with a fantastic view.Special Features:
- Would recommend for a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012Would recommend for a drink and view. Food was mediocre for us. Fun place and ambiance to check out...fun entertainment.Special Features:
- Our waiter was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Our waiter was a little slow and he would disappear for a good while.Special Features:
- Wanted brunch so disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012Wanted brunch so disappointing but we had a nice meal but thought it was expensiveSpecial Features:
- Great enough for the VPOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2012We had a group of 20 leadeers from AT&T (including a local VP) and EVERYONE commented on how great your service and food was. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- My first time here. I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My first time here. I went at night and the lights that hung over the water were very cool. Our waitress did an excellent job meaning that she was ready to help us out whenever we needed something but wasn't standing over us the whole time. My girlfriend had the pecan encrusted salmon which she really enjoyed. I had the seafood Mac and cheese which I later realized was overpriced and sub par. I will probably try it again but next time go for a different plate.Special Features:
- WORST MEAL EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Just terrible, took my wife of 20 years there for valentines day, She ordered the shrimp scampi,,, it arrived with no shrimp or scallops like advertised, that was a 16 dollar plate of pasta, Im a 250 lb bodybuilder, I ordered the blackened grouper,seeing it was 18.95 thought I would get a good size piece of fish, it was 3 oz of fish a little steam veggys that were previous frozen, and some nasty rice, It tasted all like a entire bottle of curry powder, instead of blackened grouper,my 3 oz of fish cost 18.95. Steve the waiter was good, he took my wifes meal back and they added like 3 shrimp and 3 scallops that were all the size of your finger nail. Never ever again, I lived in fl for 45 years now, and that was THE WORST meal ever.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012Very excellant service for a party of eight and food very good also. The view was spectacular and our out of town guests very much enjoyed and plan on bringing other out of town guest there as well as continue to dine there ourselves.Special Features:
- Music too, too loud.rustylionDined on 2/11/2012We were there with my mother for her 80th birthday. WOW. Had we known that they would have the music so loud we never would have reserved such a picturesque spot on the Gulf. Great view but when the music is pounding your ears and we can't even communicate what we want to eat to the server (who apologized for how loud the music was ), then we knew we were in the wrong place. The food was quite good but unless you are less than 35 years old looking for a hot bar scene, part of a big birthday party group or just don't mind eating amidst loud music without any table conversation, then I would recommend Bahama Breeze across the causeway.Special Features:
- you need to improve.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012We were consistently charged different prices for our beers -- which were the same type but different times throughout the entire evening. They used the excuse happy hour but the prices varied on several of our tabs at different times and happy hour had nothing to do with it. Took a long time for the waitress to get to our table in the bar area and it wasn't even crowded yet. My first drink was a vodka with cranberry and pineapple --- where was the vodka ??? and the glass was so small with ice filled to the top ---- i was finished it in about 5 minutes. After that -- i ordered a beer.Special Features:
- The place is fabulous exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012The place is fabulous except the noise level is unbearable to me - but then I am a bit older so maybe the "kids" would like it. Probably not the best for older people.Special Features:
- Food was quite good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2012Food was quite good but the music and noise were excruciatingly loud. Could not hold a conversation with others at the table.Special Features:
- We were celebrating 2 birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012We were celebrating 2 birthdays and were very pleased with both the service and food.Special Features:
- Food was good. Did not meetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2012Food was good. Did not meet expectations because the last time I was in the building, Cast Away was the resturant and had a more upscale menu.Special Features:
- Food was average. View/locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2012Food was average. View/location was great. Are server was new and couldn't offer many reccomendations/suggestions but she was very pleasent and conscientious.Special Features:
- Service was good. Hard toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Service was good. Hard to do when it is New Years Eve and the place is full!Special Features:
- New Years Eve was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011New Years Eve was a great party. Enjoyed it very much. I really like the Barefoot bar/beach and enjoying the cool fires.Special Features:
- Won't Go Here AgainDougSandiDined on 12/31/2011Unfortunately, after waiting for about 15 minutes to get our drinks (no alcohol), it took about an hour and 20 minutes to get our food. Some, like the soup and pizza, were already semi cold. Not a good New Year's Eve night for us at Whiskey Joe's. We left wishing we had made a different choice. Manager didn't even offer to discount our bill or do anything for us. Sad......Special Features:
- Not much of a menu. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Not much of a menu. Great bar food. Made reservations on New Years Eve ... Didn't need them. Got right in and no one sat near us. Not busy. Service was lousy. Food good. Wrong food brought out. Great view!Special Features:
- Great Christmas Day dining!fred56Dined on 12/25/2011Great Christmas Day dining! Awesome Florida menu. They also had a special Christmas Day special with Turkey and Ham and all the trimmings.Special Features:
- We went for a Xmas eve dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011We went for a Xmas eve dinner. We had a beautiful night sitting on the outside patio and enjoying the beautiful weather. Best thing is I didn't have to cook for the holiday!Special Features:
- OK for the tourist in you.MartySNashvilleVIPDined on 11/20/2011OK for the tourist in you. Food was about what you'd expect. View and "happening" feel are the best parts of this place.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful...theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Everything was wonderful...the service was great...the food delicious...the view was breath-taking...Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Just an OK place. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Just an OK place. We were hung up in traffic so we were late getting there and had to wait for a table for about 15 minutes. Food was nothing to brag about but edible. Nice view.Special Features:
- Festive atmosphere and niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2011Festive atmosphere and nice outdoor seating and patio. Entrees overpriced for quality of food. Don't go here for the food.Special Features:
- A typical "Dive Bar" withAndyNPRVIPDined on 10/23/2011A typical "Dive Bar" with a view. Self-parking is almost impossible. Must use the valet parking. The food is typical of an establishment like this. The Cheesy Bread is quite good as is the Shrimp "Dip." The Crab Cakes were more Cake than Crab. The Seafood Gumbo was very good. Lots of flavor and you can ask them to omit the rice, if you want. The Blackened Grouper with Shrimp was very nice and tasty. It's a nice place to hang out with friends and have a few drinks with your meal.Special Features:
- We had dinner outside on theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2011We had dinner outside on the deck, although the birds were a bit obnoxious, sitting right over top of the bay and the beaches was great, and to sit and watch the sunset while having dinner was amazingSpecial Features:
- When my wife and I visit FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011When my wife and I visit Florida we often meet our son at Whiskey Joe's. He lives in Tampa and we have a home in Lakeland, Fl. The restaurant is easy to get to and has great views and excellent service. The food is reasonably priced, good to very good quality and we will continue meeting there for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing view, OK food, great deck..OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2011There really is not better place for an outdoor meal... the views are one of a kind and the setting is unique. That said, the band is way too loud inside and the food, while good, is nothing to write home about and is a little on the expensive side for what you get... until you factor in that you gotta pay for the views. The restaurant itself could stand to be refreshed inside. Go for a cocktail and some appetizers on the back deck at sunset and you will be very happy.Special Features:
- LOVE WHISKEY JOESOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011I've always loved it here!! The food is amazing, and I was more than happy when I saw that my inlaws loved it as well. they did indeed mention they would definitely be back. my parent's used to take me there all the time when I was younger and I always loved loved loved the food, it's hard to find restaurants these days that you love and want to go back to. Whiskey Joes is definitely one of those restaurants that you HAVE to go back to.Special Features:
- Table was ready upon arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011Table was ready upon arrival at 7 PM Waitress ready and willing to serve. Very pleasant. Food came out hot and cooked well. Did not feel rushed and over all our party had a very nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- We haven't been to WhiskeyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2011We haven't been to Whiskey Joes in years. We had a great experience and will be back soon and often.Special Features: