Whiskey Cake - OKC
1845 Northwest Expressway
Penn Square Mall
Oklahoma City, OK 73118Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Whiskey Cake - OKC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whiskeycakeokc.com/
- Phone: 4055822253
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Hardiman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Whiskey Cake - OKC
We serve up tasty farm-to-kitchen dishes and cocktails, all made from scratch with ingredients sourced from local and regional farms and markets. We use slow-cooking methods on our wood grill and spit and in our smoker because it tastes better that way. Come dine with us at our communal tables, in one of our booths, on our sofas or rocking chairs, or perhaps on the porch next to the fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Whiskey Cake - OKC - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Whiskey Cake - OKC reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (42)good for groups (34)special occasion (33)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (12)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food and the service was excellent ! I took my son and his girlfriend and now this is his favorite restaurant. We ordered the OMG burger ,Deviled and kale salad . the food was so deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurantFoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Love this place! Such a unique theme and I love the twists they put on regular foods. The deviled eggs and fried green tomatoes are a must have as well as the cake of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant.whiskeyDined on 9/12/2014Aside from the waitress trying to take our plates preemptively, several times, everything was delicious! The diversity of options on the menu impresses every time I go. And it's a foregone conclusion I will order the deviled egg special, no matter the variation. They're always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjetman67Dined on 9/8/2014recommended by a coworker tried only once but the food and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eating in a booth made it terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014It liwered boise level and we were able to communicate and enjoy the meal .Those fried tomatoes are the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Whiskey CakeMissBevDined on 9/5/2014My salad was good, but the Whiskey Cake was exceptional. I'll try that again.Special Features:
- LOUD!ElizabethDined on 8/31/2014Our party of 4 was complimentary of the food, all "From the Hen" portion of the brunch menu. But the extreme noise required us to lean across the table and shout at each other to be heard. The only relief we had was when the music died down. Maybe the noise (music) provides excitement and energy in the evening, but not for Sunday Brunch.
- Must dine here when in OKCARvsiitorsDined on 8/30/2014Food and Service were excellent, confirming the recommendation from friends as a great place to dine when visiting OKC.Special Features:
- CakeliciousWaterdiverDined on 8/30/2014Great devileggs, the burger, salad and soup are great. Service is excellent and to top the great dinner a whiskey cake, we are going back and bringing the rest of the family!Special Features:
- Fabulous salad !BabsDined on 8/26/2014I ordered the fried chicken salad, which is spinach and apples and pecans with two fried chicken tenders. It was really yummy ! Some of the best fried chicken I've ever tasted, I might add.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heres2UDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and very nice ambience. The waitress and service were fabulous! Love the salt water taffy on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in BrunchnoneDined on 8/24/2014We love going to Whiskey Cake for dinner, their drink selection is pretty top notch. But we recently went for brunch (first time) and it was very disappointing. The menu was lacking - several brunch dishes were just eggs over pork, and the variety just wasn't there. I had the eggs benedict, which came over BBQ pork, but wasn't able to sub ham (a traditional benedict ingredient) and that was odd. The coffee was good and the bloody mary bar (kinda over priced considering you have to make it yourself) was entertaining. We're sticking with dinner at Whiskey Cake for now.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeWorleyBirdDined on 8/22/2014I can never find anything to complain about. I've been a handful of times, and they're always great. I love that they always change up their menu, and that the deviled eggs are never the same but always delicious.Special Features:
- Whiskey CakePinkieDined on 8/21/2014A group of my girlfriends ate at Whiskey Cake. We had the deviled eggs and fried green tomato appetizers and then various entrees. All of us liked the freshness of the ingredients and the resulting taste. We all though we would be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we tried it!KaytdanDined on 8/20/2014This place was recommended by our hotel so we went. We were not disappointed! The food is so fresh and the drinks are wonderful! And make sure you try the whiskey cake! It was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation MaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food and good service. Whiskey Cake is always great. Trout was wonderful as well as tri tipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the bourbon listLKetVIPDined on 8/14/2014I like this place because it serves food later on weeknights than many other places. Good cocktails available and some decent stuff behind the bar. The food is quite good - but I feel portion sizes are a bit small in comparison to price and other similar restaurants. Which is ok, because that leaves room after your meal for the AMAZING dessert - whiskey cake, of course! Well worth it!Special Features:
- Good food, excellent service, loudnicknameVIPDined on 8/9/2014Good food, excellent service, too loud to enjoy. I had to cup my hands over my ears to hear my wife across the table from me. She had no problem and thoroughly enjoyed.
- JZFitzJazokcVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always an awesome dining experience lunch, dinner with family or drinks and apps at the bar! Sophisticated and casual offerings - always do the chef's choice deviled eggs. Love that they buy fresh, local and it is simply the best place in all of OKC to dine if you have food allergies! (Husband celiac). Love me some Whiskey Cake at least once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewRegularVIPDined on 8/6/2014First time to eat there and loved it. The food was very fresh and tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryjanzDined on 8/4/2014we arrived and seated at our table fast... service was great and we had a snack about 3pm so we chose no appetizers. Food was great but i think for dinner you should have a small roll or sm loaf for the table along with a sm salad. my dinner felt incomplete with just the main course sitting there. I had the duck and asked for the poblano cheddar grits. it was very yummy. the whiskey cake ...yes to die for. The place was a bit LOUD, so no get to know you social talk goes on here. Recommend yes but have a burger of some kind i think you will enjoy the fullness and price when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was great and the waiter was very friendly. This was our first time to eat here and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service! Tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Great food! Great service! Very close seating. Our table was so close to the three tables around us that we seemed to be in the same party with the table next to us. I kept bumping elbows with the guy at the table behind me, and the girl in the corner table had to ask us to move our chairs to get to her table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBeckyEDined on 7/26/2014We love Whiskey Cake. The food is great and the menu is constantly changing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget dessertskippyVIPDined on 7/25/2014The lighting,decor, and service are hard to beat. I had reservations and the place was packed. My table actually had a plate with my name on it--nice touch! The duck was fairly good and we really enjoyed the hummus--will do that again! My only real disappointment was the mac 'n cheese. For a place with such rich, buttery foods, why the slender, Kraft-like macaroni with thin, cheese scant sauce? Something must be done about it. The best surprise was our dessert. I had to order the whiskey cake, though I am not much for desserts, because this is the name of the restaurant and because I hardly bothered with my mac 'n cheese. The cake is aaaamazing. It is so buttery and moist! I would come again even just for dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiegurlVIPDined on 7/23/2014It's always fun to see the "deviled eggs" of the day. I would never have thought to do a Mexican version with mushrooms and a Siracha based sauce- too yummy. I think they were even better than the Greek eggs topped with olive and feta, which was a huge hit for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!PhillyGuy54VIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I really love this place. We've also taken a number of friends there with us and all of them have loved it as well. It's located in a mall parking lot, so it's deceptive from the outside. But the environment is super creative and comfortable, the service is always personal and outstanding and the food is fresh, unique and very well prepared and presented. And we love the ever-changing deviled eggs appetizers! You will not go wrong at Whiskey Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Patio NightKrisDined on 7/15/2014Although there is not much of a view it was a unseasonably cool July evening. David our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Our experience at Whiskey Cake was outstanding! For our first time at the restaurant, we were hoping for a pleasant experience and we were not disappointed. The food and the service were excellent and we highly recommend Whiskey Cake for a late lunch or an early dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2014This was my 2nd time in 2 weeks as a visitor to OKC. My hosts took me to dinner and the food was phenomenal both times. The service was excellent both times as well. I love the concept of fresh/everything from scratch/locally sourced/farm-to-table, etc. You know the food you are eating is healthy without being "health-food." And of course, the whiskey cake is to die for!Special Features:
- JimmyDined on 7/10/2014Our adult family all gathered at Whiskey Cake for dinner during the workweek and the food and service were phenomenal. My family jokes with me that I have too high a standard for restaurants but not at this meal. Rae, our waitress was over the top great and so was the food and the whiskey cake. Love it x 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertCurlySueDined on 7/8/2014The Whiskey Cake for dessert was to die for! Best dessert I have had in a long while and very different from any other Resturant. The rest of it was avarage. The fried green tomatoes for dessert was good also.
- Drink UpBrie2ashDined on 6/27/2014Came actually during the lunch era and it wasn't really crowded & actually tried bar sitting this visit. The bartender was a delight in telling how they grow some of the products. I love the drink Tracy's Garden & then their Gin drink with Hisbiscus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whiskey cakeLevi15Dined on 6/25/2014The service is always great here but we did receive our appetizer and about two minutes later recieved our entrees. It was not enough time in between our meals to enjoy, felt a little rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food-very crowdedTheTravelingBearsVIPDined on 6/18/2014We went for lunch. The food was fabulous!!!! Fresh and different. The dessert-whiskey cake, of course-was amazing. My only complaint with the restaurant is that the tables are crammed up next to each other and there is NO privacy (do NOT come here for a romantic dinner) and it is all open, so that makes it VERY loud - even when the restaurant is not full. Not a good place to have lunch and talk.Special Features:
- Fun Visit!Gonzo711Dined on 6/16/2014We had a great time and wonderful food! The atmosphere was fun and inviting. The only downside was the slightly slow service due to a couple large groups seated near us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014The food at Whiskey Cake was excellent, and the service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableokcdaveDined on 6/1/2014Whiskey Cake has became one of my favorite restaurants in OKC! Love the atmosphere, food and service!!!Special Features:
- Must Stop in OKCSandJFoodiesDined on 5/25/2014We loved every part of this restaurant, from food to decor. Great menu of traditional items with a gourmet flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved brunch!MurphySlawDined on 5/25/2014Been there twice. Service was great. I had the chicken and waffles each time. My picky eater girlfriend enjoyed both meals she ordered abs even a specialty brunch drink. (wish I could remember the name) We will be back many more times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.