Whiskey Cake - OKC
1845 Northwest Expressway
Penn Square Mall
Oklahoma City, OK 73118Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Whiskey Cake - OKC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whiskeycakeokc.com/
- Phone: (405) 582-2253
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Hardiman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Whiskey Cake - OKC
We serve up tasty farm-to-kitchen dishes and cocktails, all made from scratch with ingredients sourced from local and regional farms and markets. We use slow-cooking methods on our wood grill and spit and in our smoker because it tastes better that way. Come dine with us at our communal tables, in one of our booths, on our sofas or rocking chairs, or perhaps on the porch next to the fireplace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Whiskey Cake - OKC - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Whiskey Cake - OKC reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (37)special occasion (35)good for groups (34)great for brunch (28)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (15)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- love this placeTabbycat85Dined on 11/14/2014I'm gluten free and they have descent options, its a smaller menu anyways, cause they are big about fresh and local, so the GF options are small as well(they are on the regular menu, they just have a (*) at the beginning of the name of the food and that means those are GF) I don't like sea food or anything in the water, so I very much LOVE their chicken, its yummy and the spinach it sits on is sooo yummy. Their brussel sprouts are amazing, I think its the avocado coleslaw is as well. My favorite is the appetizer peppers, my husband and I only got one the first time we came, but they were so good we now get one each :) make sure you squeeze half the lemon on them, anymore might be to sour/lemony, those I could totally just eat for my meal only :) they are that amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMisterGDined on 11/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants. I haven't been disappointed after eating here multiple times. The food is always fresh and staff is always friendly. keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!CassKDined on 11/11/2014Love the seasonal menu. The turkey chilli was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Try the Whiskey Cake! YummmmMamaOkieDined on 11/8/2014Service was excellent even though we had to wait a bit. Bartender was fun and made great suggestions for drink while we waited. Server, once seated, was wonderful and attentive. Had the fried green tomatoes - Had not had since I was a kid - they were perfection as was the salmon and the WOW Whiskey cake!! You have got to try it!! Oh and the coffee is served french pressed! Fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and quickFloMofoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014Seated promptly at our reserved time; order taken and apps showed up very quickly as did our entrees. Pace of service was a little rushed but overall this fresh concept, farm to fork, is a winner. Great food combinations and flavors. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- DeliciousOKCMomDined on 10/19/2014Every bite was delicious. Excellent Sunday brunch location. Great service and beautiful patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have been there a couple times and must say that the service and food and super. All of them are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend for those of you who like to chill with your friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeamosdwayDined on 10/11/2014Great service, friendly and engaging staff, excellent food choices and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceGoodDined on 10/4/2014I like the changing and featured items. Staff is skilled and knowledgable. Garden is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyVIckieH22Dined on 10/4/2014Very interesting menu selections available. Go if you're looking for something differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, but not our last time!LoLaDined on 9/28/2014We celebrated my birthday here for dinner, there were 6 of us and it was the first time for us all. We loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food and the service was excellent ! I took my son and his girlfriend and now this is his favorite restaurant. We ordered the OMG burger ,Deviled and kale salad . the food was so deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurantFoodloverDined on 9/13/2014Love this place! Such a unique theme and I love the twists they put on regular foods. The deviled eggs and fried green tomatoes are a must have as well as the cake of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurant.whiskeyDined on 9/12/2014Aside from the waitress trying to take our plates preemptively, several times, everything was delicious! The diversity of options on the menu impresses every time I go. And it's a foregone conclusion I will order the deviled egg special, no matter the variation. They're always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjetman67Dined on 9/8/2014recommended by a coworker tried only once but the food and service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eating in a booth made it terrific.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014It liwered boise level and we were able to communicate and enjoy the meal .Those fried tomatoes are the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Whiskey CakeMissBevDined on 9/5/2014My salad was good, but the Whiskey Cake was exceptional. I'll try that again.Special Features:
- LOUD!ElizabethDined on 8/31/2014Our party of 4 was complimentary of the food, all "From the Hen" portion of the brunch menu. But the extreme noise required us to lean across the table and shout at each other to be heard. The only relief we had was when the music died down. Maybe the noise (music) provides excitement and energy in the evening, but not for Sunday Brunch.
- Must dine here when in OKCARvsiitorsDined on 8/30/2014Food and Service were excellent, confirming the recommendation from friends as a great place to dine when visiting OKC.Special Features:
- CakeliciousWaterdiverDined on 8/30/2014Great devileggs, the burger, salad and soup are great. Service is excellent and to top the great dinner a whiskey cake, we are going back and bringing the rest of the family!Special Features:
- Fabulous salad !BabsDined on 8/26/2014I ordered the fried chicken salad, which is spinach and apples and pecans with two fried chicken tenders. It was really yummy ! Some of the best fried chicken I've ever tasted, I might add.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heres2UDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and very nice ambience. The waitress and service were fabulous! Love the salt water taffy on the way out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in BrunchnoneDined on 8/24/2014We love going to Whiskey Cake for dinner, their drink selection is pretty top notch. But we recently went for brunch (first time) and it was very disappointing. The menu was lacking - several brunch dishes were just eggs over pork, and the variety just wasn't there. I had the eggs benedict, which came over BBQ pork, but wasn't able to sub ham (a traditional benedict ingredient) and that was odd. The coffee was good and the bloody mary bar (kinda over priced considering you have to make it yourself) was entertaining. We're sticking with dinner at Whiskey Cake for now.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeWorleyBirdDined on 8/22/2014I can never find anything to complain about. I've been a handful of times, and they're always great. I love that they always change up their menu, and that the deviled eggs are never the same but always delicious.Special Features:
- Whiskey CakePinkieDined on 8/21/2014A group of my girlfriends ate at Whiskey Cake. We had the deviled eggs and fried green tomato appetizers and then various entrees. All of us liked the freshness of the ingredients and the resulting taste. We all though we would be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we tried it!KaytdanDined on 8/20/2014This place was recommended by our hotel so we went. We were not disappointed! The food is so fresh and the drinks are wonderful! And make sure you try the whiskey cake! It was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation MaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food and good service. Whiskey Cake is always great. Trout was wonderful as well as tri tipsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the bourbon listLKetVIPDined on 8/14/2014I like this place because it serves food later on weeknights than many other places. Good cocktails available and some decent stuff behind the bar. The food is quite good - but I feel portion sizes are a bit small in comparison to price and other similar restaurants. Which is ok, because that leaves room after your meal for the AMAZING dessert - whiskey cake, of course! Well worth it!Special Features:
- Good food, excellent service, loudnicknameVIPDined on 8/9/2014Good food, excellent service, too loud to enjoy. I had to cup my hands over my ears to hear my wife across the table from me. She had no problem and thoroughly enjoyed.
- JZFitzJazokcVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always an awesome dining experience lunch, dinner with family or drinks and apps at the bar! Sophisticated and casual offerings - always do the chef's choice deviled eggs. Love that they buy fresh, local and it is simply the best place in all of OKC to dine if you have food allergies! (Husband celiac). Love me some Whiskey Cake at least once a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewRegularVIPDined on 8/6/2014First time to eat there and loved it. The food was very fresh and tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryjanzDined on 8/4/2014we arrived and seated at our table fast... service was great and we had a snack about 3pm so we chose no appetizers. Food was great but i think for dinner you should have a small roll or sm loaf for the table along with a sm salad. my dinner felt incomplete with just the main course sitting there. I had the duck and asked for the poblano cheddar grits. it was very yummy. the whiskey cake ...yes to die for. The place was a bit LOUD, so no get to know you social talk goes on here. Recommend yes but have a burger of some kind i think you will enjoy the fullness and price when you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food was great and the waiter was very friendly. This was our first time to eat here and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Whiskey Cake - OKC reviews archive.
- Great food, service! Tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Great food! Great service! Very close seating. Our table was so close to the three tables around us that we seemed to be in the same party with the table next to us. I kept bumping elbows with the guy at the table behind me, and the girl in the corner table had to ask us to move our chairs to get to her table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBeckyEDined on 7/26/2014We love Whiskey Cake. The food is great and the menu is constantly changing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget dessertskippyVIPDined on 7/25/2014The lighting,decor, and service are hard to beat. I had reservations and the place was packed. My table actually had a plate with my name on it--nice touch! The duck was fairly good and we really enjoyed the hummus--will do that again! My only real disappointment was the mac 'n cheese. For a place with such rich, buttery foods, why the slender, Kraft-like macaroni with thin, cheese scant sauce? Something must be done about it. The best surprise was our dessert. I had to order the whiskey cake, though I am not much for desserts, because this is the name of the restaurant and because I hardly bothered with my mac 'n cheese. The cake is aaaamazing. It is so buttery and moist! I would come again even just for dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiegurlVIPDined on 7/23/2014It's always fun to see the "deviled eggs" of the day. I would never have thought to do a Mexican version with mushrooms and a Siracha based sauce- too yummy. I think they were even better than the Greek eggs topped with olive and feta, which was a huge hit for our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!PhillyGuy54VIPDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I really love this place. We've also taken a number of friends there with us and all of them have loved it as well. It's located in a mall parking lot, so it's deceptive from the outside. But the environment is super creative and comfortable, the service is always personal and outstanding and the food is fresh, unique and very well prepared and presented. And we love the ever-changing deviled eggs appetizers! You will not go wrong at Whiskey Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Patio NightKrisDined on 7/15/2014Although there is not much of a view it was a unseasonably cool July evening. David our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Our experience at Whiskey Cake was outstanding! For our first time at the restaurant, we were hoping for a pleasant experience and we were not disappointed. The food and the service were excellent and we highly recommend Whiskey Cake for a late lunch or an early dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features: