Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
54 The Crossings Plaza Suite M
Clifton Park, NY 12065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wheatfields.com/
- Phone: (518) 383-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served: Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm; Friday - Saturday: 12pm - 4pm Sunday Brunch/Lunch 10 - 2
Dinner: Sunday 2pm - 9pm Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday Dinner 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Anthony Bifano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar’s skilled catering coordinator plan a fabulous event for you and your guests. On site or off the premises, WHEATFIELDS specializes in creating memories. Spectacular food augmented by outstanding service, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar is the perfect place for family events, for business functions, or celebrations of any nature. Contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
A Saratoga favorite for over 21 years, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar comes to Clifton Park! Conveniently located in The Crossing Plaza, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar is at the intersection of Routes 9 and 146. WHEATFIELDS’ Bistro & Wine Bar’s mission is to bring the finest local ingredients to guests’ plates. Proudly supporting New York farmers & wineries and serving regional products; WHEATFILEDS mission is in action. Pasta, Pizza & Breads are made daily on the premises, steaks are hand-cut & house-aged, Chef’s specials are offered nightly, impressive Gluten-Free menu, Carry-Out available, over 40 wines offered by the glass, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Very DisappointingAI23Dined on 11/16/2014Made reservation for 6 for brunch at Wheatfield's Bistro in Clifton Park (4 of us made the date). Was giving this place a try again as I have been here twice for dinner and twice for lunch prior and, besides the first dinner I had there when they first opened, I have been disappointed in each visit thereafter. I figured they really couldn't mess up breakfast food. I was wrong. First, it seemed as though the lights were not turned on in the restaurant as it was dark and generally not a pleasant atmosphere. Took 20 minutes before the waitress took our orders and another 40 minutes before we actually received food and that was after asking her to check on our order. Food was cold and not all meals arrived as ordered. Drink ordered with food order - 20 min later the waitress appeared and said the bar was out of an ingredient. Placed different drink order and that didn't arrive for another 10 minutes and was awful and undrinkable. We complained to the manager who reduced our tab to $0 and was very apologetic. Although we were comped the food, it did not make up for the inedibility of the food and the dismal/argumentative service received and we will not be returning. Very disappointing as Wheatfield's in Saratoga Springs is wonderful, but this Bistro is dismal.
- Long wait again....Winedine7VIPDined on 11/10/2014After eating here two weeks ago and dinner taking 3 hours we thought it was a fluke. We were offered deserts to compensate our long wait. So we tried it again with a different group and two hours this time. Everything was fine until after we received our salads. Our dinners took a much longer time and were delivered and almost cold and sticky pasta. Wonder what us going on in the kitchen? Usually pretty good at wheatfields.Special Features:
- Good stuff!christinabambinaDined on 11/9/2014I love this restaurant. The food is amazing. The wait staff is pretty good. The only criticism I have is that sometimes you end up sitting real close to the kitchen, or the restaurant is busy, so it is really noisy because it's small.....but I love the horseshoe booths. Hope that is helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerAgingfoodieDined on 11/8/2014A date night/anniversary dinner for the wife and I. We had a great dinner and good conversation. The my wife had the special pasta dish and I had the pasta with white clam sauce. Both were excellent with the clam sauce even besting my homemade! Sweet "local" clams in a butter lemon sauce! Service was prompt and courteous food was hot and fresh. It was not a busy night so our table was fine but on a busier night I expect some of the seats ( ours included) would have felt a little bit cramped. As it was we were fine and were able to talk quietly and enjoy the food. Try the truffle fries, they were tasty and fresh and hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experiencecleo7Dined on 11/7/2014I have been here several times for lunch and dinner. Fabulous service, great ambiance, and delicious food. Their home made pasta is the best! Great wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014first date night and was able to impress. food was very good, service was a tad slow (restaurant was busy), wine a little pricey. definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMaryDined on 10/25/2014This is my second time at Wheatfields; first with a group of girlfriends and second with my husband and 2 small children. I love that the atmosphere allows it to be enjoyable for both types of groups. The food and wine was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blackjackDined on 10/24/2014The happy hour noise was less than before. I would visit again.Special Features:
- RichforlifeDined on 10/22/2014This is my go-to place and has been for quite a while. Really nothing about this place that I don't like. It's just a very nice and comfortable place to go for drinks and food for two people or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't say enough good things!laur612Dined on 10/16/2014My dad and I recently took my mom here for her birthday. The waitstaff and management were so friendly and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable. When I used OpenTable to make the reservation, I mentioned that it was my mom's birthday. The waiter immediately said happy birthday to my mom when we were seated and continued to be helpful and gracious throughout dinner. My mom was even given homemade pasta and sauce as a birthday present to take home! I had the spinach fettuccine and it was really delicious. I can't say enough good things about this place. Our desserts (tiramisu and flourless chocolate torte) were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wheatfields CPRestaurantMadDined on 10/13/2014I have never been disappointed at Wheatfields - always a great meal. Excellent service, excellent food, great wine list. One of my local favorites!Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014For the most part, I enjoyed the restaurant very much. The service was very good, but the noise level was a little more than I was looking for. The food we had was terrific but the menu was a bit limited if you have a non-foodie with you who just wants a few simple menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!MadisonMichaelsDined on 10/8/2014I like that they have a nice gluten free menu and nice, attentive staff! Great happy hour spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid experienceGaskanDined on 10/7/2014Atmosphere was nice. Staff was very friendly. Food was served in a timely manner, was well cooked and hot when served. Food tasted very good and portions were reasonable in relation to the price. The waitress was a little out of sync and because some ingredients were out of stock our first drinks came after our meal was served and fresh pepper and Parmesan was offered after helf our meal was eaten. Overall a positive experience though and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Customer2014RetireeDined on 10/4/2014Great food...Stellar Service. I had the special of the evening....Tagliatelli and fresh tuna and it was very tasty. Enough for 2 meals. A really great wine list too.Special Features:
- slow lunch servicelunchtimeDined on 9/25/2014great food, but took almost 2 hours for lunch. The service was to slow and I will not eat here for lunch again
- Wonderful evening, recommendlive2eatDined on 9/23/2014We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted it to be special, and it was. Dinner was excellent and the restaurant covered the cost of our deserts as way to add to the celebration. Even with the cost of our deserts covered, the bill was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Better than last timePageDined on 9/20/2014Noise level, feeling of privacy improved by divider btw bar and front dining area. All else ok. Would recommend it, will go back.Special Features:
- InconsistentDining21Dined on 9/19/2014We go to Wheatfields often, my husband likes it. The service varies depending in your waiter. I ordered chicken Marsala. The appetizer came out quickly but the meals took a long time. After taking 1 bite of the chicken, I realized it was noticeably raw on the inside. Really gross. The waiter had disappeared so the manager gave me a complimentary glass of wine, but by the time my new food came out my husband was pretty much done eating. The whole experience grossed me out. My husband ordered a "special" meal and it didn't appear to be what the description said but he ate it anyway. The last time we were there I had an email for $10 off but the waitress wouldn't let me use it. Our bill was $110 for 2 people- bad business practice.Special Features:
- OK for a quick biteMrocVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food was ok; nothing special. Spaghetti and meatballs all-you-can-eat special was good value for $$. Service was slow and uneven. Never had same waitress throughout. Although not crowded, servers were hard to find. We stopped for a quick bite while driving home after a long weekend. OK, but would not go out of my way to return.Special Features:
- Great placeKevinVIPDined on 8/23/2014A taste of NYC right here with much more room. The food is very good and.well prepared, coupled with great service you cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodloghome24Dined on 8/22/2014I haven't tasted homemade that's any better than the handmade pasta at Wheatfields. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Good food, service was lackingnoda21kDined on 8/17/2014We went for the special Traver's Restaurant Week menu which had some really delicious and interesting things on it. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't ready to handle the volume of traffic it received the Sunday night that we went. We didn't get any bread, had to wait a good 10 minutes past the time of our reservation (though we got there 15 min early as well) and it took at least 10 minutes for each course to be served. Our drinks that we received at the bar prior to our dining were very good but we had a lengthy wait to pay for them as well. They really should have planned better for the traffic they would be receiving on the first Sunday of their special menu.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 8/10/2014My family dines at Wheatfields in Clifton Park approx 1 a month. I have found recently that the service has been terrible - on our last visit - the poor server was assigned to far too many tables as the management had just cut 3 wait staff. This is unacceptable as it is the customer experience that will bring you back to dine 1st and then the quality of the food. Wheatfields needs to reevaluate their staffing ratios.Special Features:
- lollipop941lolipop941Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed dinner with friends visiting from NYC. It was a delightful experience. Server was efficient and polite. Entrees were excellent and cooked to perfection. . Pasta is homemade and the best in the area. Noise level was moderately disturbing, but tolerable. Certainly will be back again.Our NYC friends were impressed that we "farmers" in Saratoga actually have decent restaurants!!!Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014We were a small party of 3 and we thoroughly enjoyed Brunch. We have eaten there often and we always have great food and an excellent experience. I must comment on our server, Max. He is an excellent addition to the staff. Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and always there when needed him but he was not in your face. Thank you Max! We will ask for you when we return soon!Special Features:
- Great wineMoJo1Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome wine list. Homemade pasta was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 455 reviews are from the Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The temperature of the bistro was so cold that our meal was instantly cold.Special Features:
- Gluten Free PastaNancyDined on 7/15/2014I have always loved to dine at Wheatfields because I believed that Wheatfields prepared gluten free pasta the best in the area. Not sure if the night I dined at Wheatfields was an off night but the pasta was overcooked and the crumbled sausage was over cooked and dry. The gluten free bread was dry and I could not eat only 1 piece because it was so dry the bread was caught in my throat. My friend had the goat pizza and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply alrightFoodieComedyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Nothing blew me away about Wheatfields. I do appreciate a good homemade pasta, and theirs was moderately good. I got spaghetti and meatballs (it was a Monday). The sauce tasted like canned sauce, despite them insisting its homemade, and the meatballs were a bit bread-y. My partner got the crab mac & cheese which was much better than mine. I think it's a bit too expensive for what it offers. The service left something to be wanted as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentPirloDined on 6/20/2014Went there for my anniversary the hostess was excellent and put us in a more secluded section. Bartender was fantastic checked up on us frequently but not over the top, and the food was great recommend the gnocchi to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but too coldMMMTDined on 6/15/2014We really like dining at Wheatfields except for the temperature, it's really too cold because the air conditioner is turned up too high - even the fire place they have going at the same time can't beat the airco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustaDinerDined on 6/14/2014I found the establishment very receptive to my needs. I ordered flowers to be delivered to the table and this was done. The staff was great and the food was very tasty. A very enjoyable experience for my first time there. I have already recommended your place to some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisabDined on 6/1/2014Last time we ate here was better. I wondered if they changed chefs because same dishes were prepared differently. Service wasn't great. The food was tasty but just not quite as good as previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RunandineDined on 5/30/2014We went at 7:30 on a Friday. We were 2 couples. It was so loud we struggled to hold conversation. Most people appeared to have been there since work - happy hour noise level. By the time our food came it had quieted and we were more comfortable and you could hear the piano player. The food was really great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UGH !Don't go close to closing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014we went thirty minutes before closing, our orders were messed up, when the proper orders were delivered they were inedible, and to top it off they were sweeping and cleaning all around us. we will never go back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We been to both your places and this one is just as good as saratogaSpecial Features:
- great lunch spotJohnVIPDined on 5/19/2014Friendly staff, nice place to meet for a business lunch.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Had an excellent brunch on Sunday, 5/18. Love that this restaurant offers a gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night pick up jointNvrgoagain68Dined on 5/16/2014Food was average, service was average. Did not like being seating out near the bar... Way too loud and crowded. Couldn't get between tables to get to your table, wait staff stuggled as well. People that make dinner reservations are looking to have a nice dinner should be seating in the dining room. People that come in without a reservation can be offered the option of seating out at the bar area if they don't want to wait. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Was no way a relaxing end to the work week at all. I was given a gift certificate by someone that loves the place and I have to say I'm glad I wasn't paying. Will Not be eagerly planning our next trip there!Special Features: