Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
54 The Crossings Plaza Suite M
Clifton Park, NY 12065Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wheatfields.com/
- Phone: 5183834444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Served: Monday - Friday 11am - 4pm; Friday - Saturday: 12pm - 4pm Sunday Brunch/Lunch 10 - 2
Dinner: Sunday 2pm - 9pm Monday - Thursday: 4pm - 10pm
Friday & Saturday Dinner 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Anthony Bifano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar’s skilled catering coordinator plan a fabulous event for you and your guests. On site or off the premises, WHEATFIELDS specializes in creating memories. Spectacular food augmented by outstanding service, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar is the perfect place for family events, for business functions, or celebrations of any nature. Contact Kristen at email@example.com
A word from Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
A Saratoga favorite for over 21 years, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar comes to Clifton Park! Conveniently located in The Crossing Plaza, WHEATFIELDS Bistro & Wine Bar is at the intersection of Routes 9 and 146. WHEATFIELDS’ Bistro & Wine Bar’s mission is to bring the finest local ingredients to guests’ plates. Proudly supporting New York farmers & wineries and serving regional products; WHEATFILEDS mission is in action. Pasta, Pizza & Breads are made daily on the premises, steaks are hand-cut & house-aged, Chef’s specials are offered nightly, impressive Gluten-Free menu, Carry-Out available, over 40 wines offered by the glass, Happy Hour Monday-Friday 4-7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (11)romantic (8)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great placeKevinVIPDined on 8/23/2014A taste of NYC right here with much more room. The food is very good and.well prepared, coupled with great service you cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service was lackingnoda21kDined on 8/17/2014We went for the special Traver's Restaurant Week menu which had some really delicious and interesting things on it. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't ready to handle the volume of traffic it received the Sunday night that we went. We didn't get any bread, had to wait a good 10 minutes past the time of our reservation (though we got there 15 min early as well) and it took at least 10 minutes for each course to be served. Our drinks that we received at the bar prior to our dining were very good but we had a lengthy wait to pay for them as well. They really should have planned better for the traffic they would be receiving on the first Sunday of their special menu.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 8/10/2014My family dines at Wheatfields in Clifton Park approx 1 a month. I have found recently that the service has been terrible - on our last visit - the poor server was assigned to far too many tables as the management had just cut 3 wait staff. This is unacceptable as it is the customer experience that will bring you back to dine 1st and then the quality of the food. Wheatfields needs to reevaluate their staffing ratios.Special Features:
- lollipop941lolipop941Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed dinner with friends visiting from NYC. It was a delightful experience. Server was efficient and polite. Entrees were excellent and cooked to perfection. . Pasta is homemade and the best in the area. Noise level was moderately disturbing, but tolerable. Certainly will be back again.Our NYC friends were impressed that we "farmers" in Saratoga actually have decent restaurants!!!Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014We were a small party of 3 and we thoroughly enjoyed Brunch. We have eaten there often and we always have great food and an excellent experience. I must comment on our server, Max. He is an excellent addition to the staff. Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and always there when needed him but he was not in your face. Thank you Max! We will ask for you when we return soon!Special Features:
- Great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome wine list. Homemade pasta was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The temperature of the bistro was so cold that our meal was instantly cold.Special Features:
- Gluten Free PastaNancyDined on 7/15/2014I have always loved to dine at Wheatfields because I believed that Wheatfields prepared gluten free pasta the best in the area. Not sure if the night I dined at Wheatfields was an off night but the pasta was overcooked and the crumbled sausage was over cooked and dry. The gluten free bread was dry and I could not eat only 1 piece because it was so dry the bread was caught in my throat. My friend had the goat pizza and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply alrightFoodieComedyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Nothing blew me away about Wheatfields. I do appreciate a good homemade pasta, and theirs was moderately good. I got spaghetti and meatballs (it was a Monday). The sauce tasted like canned sauce, despite them insisting its homemade, and the meatballs were a bit bread-y. My partner got the crab mac & cheese which was much better than mine. I think it's a bit too expensive for what it offers. The service left something to be wanted as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentPirloDined on 6/20/2014Went there for my anniversary the hostess was excellent and put us in a more secluded section. Bartender was fantastic checked up on us frequently but not over the top, and the food was great recommend the gnocchi to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but too coldMMMTDined on 6/15/2014We really like dining at Wheatfields except for the temperature, it's really too cold because the air conditioner is turned up too high - even the fire place they have going at the same time can't beat the airco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustaDinerDined on 6/14/2014I found the establishment very receptive to my needs. I ordered flowers to be delivered to the table and this was done. The staff was great and the food was very tasty. A very enjoyable experience for my first time there. I have already recommended your place to some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisabDined on 6/1/2014Last time we ate here was better. I wondered if they changed chefs because same dishes were prepared differently. Service wasn't great. The food was tasty but just not quite as good as previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RunandineDined on 5/30/2014We went at 7:30 on a Friday. We were 2 couples. It was so loud we struggled to hold conversation. Most people appeared to have been there since work - happy hour noise level. By the time our food came it had quieted and we were more comfortable and you could hear the piano player. The food was really great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UGH !Don't go close to closing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014we went thirty minutes before closing, our orders were messed up, when the proper orders were delivered they were inedible, and to top it off they were sweeping and cleaning all around us. we will never go back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We been to both your places and this one is just as good as saratogaSpecial Features:
- great lunch spotJohnVIPDined on 5/19/2014Friendly staff, nice place to meet for a business lunch.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Had an excellent brunch on Sunday, 5/18. Love that this restaurant offers a gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night pick up jointNvrgoagain68Dined on 5/16/2014Food was average, service was average. Did not like being seating out near the bar... Way too loud and crowded. Couldn't get between tables to get to your table, wait staff stuggled as well. People that make dinner reservations are looking to have a nice dinner should be seating in the dining room. People that come in without a reservation can be offered the option of seating out at the bar area if they don't want to wait. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Was no way a relaxing end to the work week at all. I was given a gift certificate by someone that loves the place and I have to say I'm glad I wasn't paying. Will Not be eagerly planning our next trip there!Special Features:
- Usually goodMel42Dined on 5/11/2014We usually love Wheatfields but out Mothers Day visit was less than par. We waited 15 minutes before anyone came over to our table, then the waitress took our drink order only. She dropped off our drinks and disappeared. When she came back and took our order it was very rushed. I watched her spend more time with outside tables than inside. We were not the only table waiting. When we got our meals, my food wasn't that great and my son did not get the dish he ordered even though the waitress and manager insisted it was right. Moment to get the bill, it was the wrong dish. We might be looking for a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- DinnerP2259Dined on 5/10/2014Family of 4 - Experienced long delay for entrees. Server did a nice job of keeping us updated on the status. After the wait my steak was slightly overcooked. Eventhough we did not complain at all about the wait or the over cooked steak, the server offerred to not charge us for our desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Saturday night?barbVIPDined on 5/10/2014We arrived for our 7:15 reservation early and had a delicious white Sangria at the bar. We were seated at 7:25 and ordered a chopped salad and calamari. Both were very good. After that the night went downhill. We sat waiting for our entrees (4 pasta dishes) until 9:30. Our waiter, Sam, was apologetic at first but then avoided us a little. (Not his fault) When we complained he offered to let us speak with the manager. She said the kitchen got backed up and our order was next. When the meals arrived almost 15 minutes later 3 of the 4 dishes were cold. We did not complain at that point since everyone was hungry. We were comped the appetizers and one drink and we were given a gift card. We may try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter brought over the wrong bottle. We then learned they were out of the wine we wanted. We ordered a second bottle and again he brought the wrong wine. Finally the manager came over and said they were out of that wine as well. Wine selection was limited. I would not consider this a "wine bar". Children were everywhere. It's a restaurant that serves alcohol. Very misleading.
- The following 438 reviews are from the Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Not the sameUnderwhelmed32Dined on 4/26/2014I have had some wonderful romantic dinners at Wheatfields in Saratoga but this Bistro in Clifton Park falls short. Food was unimpressive. Foodies will be disappointed despite the appetizing sounding menu. Waitstaff was attentive, and the 'new girl' in training did her best. No complaints there. Two different dining rooms make for a very different experience depending where you are seated. We asked to be moved from a corner table abutting a separating wall in the back room to the front by the window which was much nicer. Overall a fair experience.Special Features:
- Awesome meal great service.FrequentFlyersDined on 4/26/2014Had a reunion dinner with our daughter and her husband, visiting from Buffalo. The food was very good and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Daddy Approved!Joy09Dined on 4/19/2014My 90 year old dad is very particular but Wheatfields met his high standards. The mushroom radiatore will be a big reason to return with Dad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2014My 96 old Mother , husband and myself were readily welcomed, seated and served walker and all. The Manhattan Mom had she said was the best ! Salads were very easy and large, Pizza was excellent. Recommended for all times of day and for all ages.Special Features:
- Servicesusie14Dined on 4/17/2014We had a great lunch made more special by the very sweet server, who was always attentive but never intrusive!Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceMarkDined on 4/12/2014Despite other recent reviews of Wheatfields, we had both good food and service during our visit, although we ate early and the place was still half empty by the time we left at 6:30.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for 3Diva123Dined on 4/11/2014I was there for a birthday celebration with 3 friends. The waitress was great, very knowledgeable about the food. The food was very good and the drinks were delicious too. We had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud...Loud and LouderJohnDined on 4/11/2014first time there. looked at menu and saw high end food and pricing. inlaws wanted to go to 99. thought I would treat them. food was excellent. place was loud. we were moved from the bar area to dining area to help and barely better. was making this a special anniversary dinner and highly dissappointed on the noise level. noticed curtains that could have been used to drop the noise level, but not used. recommend the wait staff actually sit down and try to have a conversation. impossible. won't return or recommend
- Won't be going back anytime soon :(DinnerVIPDined on 4/6/2014A friend of mine & I have been meeting here once a month for lunch for almost a year, this is by far the worst service and food we've had. We've had slow service before and food we didn't really care for but this was horrible. One of the meals we received was wrong & it took almost 25 minutes to find someone to let them know that we received the wrong food. Then we were told we received what we received because they didn't have all the ingredients listed on the menu. We there for over an hour & half & never received refills on our drinks & there wasn't anyone to ask for them. When we received our bill we had been over charged, we again couldn't find the waiter to have the bill corrected we had to go to hostess to have it fixed.
- I have been going to wheatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014I have been going to wheat fields for a couple of years and just went this past Saturday. The menu has changed and so has the food. The taste and preparation is not as good as it used to be, not that it was ba bad dinner but wheatfields no longer stands out as a premier restaurant.
- way overpriceddogydad1Dined on 4/2/2014spent $23 bucks on a meal that featured shrimp and pasta. It had 4 shrimp and chewy pasta.Server was a busy guy hardly had time for us.Not going back.
- CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2014It is very nice. There is a fireplace, and the mixed drinks were good. The entrees were priced well and the dessert was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!CliftonParkerDined on 3/29/2014Wheatfield's has become one of our favorite local restaurants. Both the food and the service are always excellent. Plenty of gluten-free options to choose from. We'll be back again and again!Special Features:
- The waitress we had was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The waitress we had was horrible. She was rude and pushy. Otherwise it was goodSpecial Features:
- Good!ValleyDined on 3/28/2014Great food, however the service seems to not be as great as it once was. Great gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSandmanDined on 3/22/2014Used open table and had special request for seating which Wheatfields followed perfectly which was very much appreciated. Food was very good. Will return for sure. Open kitchen makes it a bit noisy but otherwise great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with FriendlovetolunchDined on 3/9/2014A friend and I have been waiting to get together for awhile...and we had three choices for Clifton Park...but decided on the Wheatfields Brunch because of the ambience and the additonal of a piano player - who was very talented and perfect for the occasion. We enjoyed our meal and cocktail choices very much, the waitress was very charming and also very good at checking back with us at just the right times. Would return for another brunch or lunch anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.