Wheat Cafe - College of Du Page
425 Fawell Blvd, CHC Bldg.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wheat Cafe - College of Du Page
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6309422284
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday and Friday: 11:15am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Dining room available for parties up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Meyers 6309423223
A word from Wheat Cafe - College of Du Page
Specializing in seasonal, farm to table, contemporary cuisine. Wheat Cafe is a student operated restaurant located in the Culinary & Hospitality Center at the College of DuPage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wheat Cafe - College of Du Page reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- cowmamDined on 9/12/2014Wheat Cafe offers a 5-star experience for every budget. Truly worth checking out.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerwsz1951Dined on 9/10/2014Great place for a great price! 5 course dinner for around $30.00. The food was presented well and the staff, which is student run,was delightful.Special Features:
- really goodDickDined on 7/23/2014food and presentation are great. Servers are pleasant and knowledgeable of menu details. A really high class dining experience at a great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bikingbabesDined on 7/2/2014We really enjoyed the food and the service from Joe. He politely answered all of our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value Value ValueliketoeatDined on 6/25/2014Don't let the fact that this is a school restaurant keep you from coming. Excellent food, nice, open room, good casual feel make for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The food is very good and you just cannot beat the value. Worth a trip. Book early as reservations fill quickly.Special Features:
- Amazing value and great foodabo020Dined on 6/18/2014Comfortable relax environment. Courteous staff. Great food with weekly changing menu. Amazing value.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceLadylu7Dined on 6/17/2014This is a gem in Glen Ellyn where the COD hospitality and culinary students hone their craft. The food is artful and delicious, while the one server at your table is generally very polite and attentive while having a good knowledge of the menu.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Wheat Cafe - College of Du Page reviews archive.
- Delightful restaurantLadylu7Dined on 4/18/2014The Wheat Cafe at COD is such a nice treat for a special occasion or for any time at all when you are able to get a reservation. The food is just delicious, the service personal, and the environment makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Wheat Cafe gets an A+OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014This was my first visit to the Wheat Cafe. I brought my group of staff from the Registration Office & Enrollment Support Center. We found it relaxing and a nice way to break away from the daily hustle and bustle. The WC staff were pleasant and professional. The service was excellent. The food (including dessert) were perfectally delicious. It's definitely on my radar for more future luncheons! Thank you!Special Features:
- amazing foodphotoclay1Dined on 3/27/2014Your restaurant was recommended to us by my daughter, I would not have sought it out on my own. The table setting was impeccable, suggesting a high quality meal. The service and dinner exceeded this. The waitress was attentive but not overly so, and the presentation of food, as well as the preparation and taste were to die for. Portions were not too larger and not too small. I have already recommended this to my colleagues and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh talentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014We have recently started taking advantage of the student dinners at Wheat Cafe and have been very pleased with the enthusiasm of the waite staff and the quality and preparation of the meal. what a gift to the community!Special Features:
- Wheat Cafe at COD is Marvelous!KimmieDined on 3/27/2014My friend and I had lunch at Wheat Cafe. The wait-staff were very attentive, helpful and friendly. Our food was tremendous and the price was very reasonable. Great restaurant - congratulations, COD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job was done by everyone.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2014Great job was done by everyone. Excellant food, excellant presentation, great price. THANKS - keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchJudyACDined on 3/21/2014The food was good,and the student server great. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014Great food and service. We go several times per year. Very reasonably priced for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpringing gemScotchgirlDined on 3/12/2014secondgem second time we have eaten there and we were not disappointed. ONe has to come knowing you will be served by students with COD's hospitality program. They seem scared at first, but it is,fun to interact with them.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Wheat Cafe. The food was wonderful and we felt like we were at a gourmet dinner at one of Chicago's top restaurants. Whoever was preparing the salmon that day, kudos to you - it was like butter! We understand that the servers are also students and that may explain why the server seemed unexperienced. Thank you for a great lunch, i already have a reservation for the farmlands dinner in April.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014Food is always very good. I like that they have added wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun time!scotland31Dined on 2/27/2014It is great fun to have lunch here. The food is very good and the students are engaging and sociable. Plus they do a great job with service! I try to bring a small group of friends over to the Wheat Café at least twice a year and everyone has enjoyed the experience, the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Culinary Arts MealmaripeDined on 2/20/2014Wheat Cafe is the lunch restaurant of College of DuPage's Culinary Arts School, and they do a terrific job, IF you are willing to reserve ahead and follow their school schedule! Glorious gourmet food, served artfully; linen tablecloth, fresh flowers, and good service - - and oh, did I say: for a great price too!Special Features:
- Unique LunchScotchgirlDined on 2/20/2014Excellent lunch-in a culinary school program. Lovely table setting including fresh flowers. Service is very good. Some minor glitches - coffee which spilt onto saucer - where altered when brought to their attention. Pleasant and personable server. We really connected to her. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great burgerJessieDined on 2/14/2014I ordered the gourmet burger and cut fries. It was delicious and hit the spot. The house manager came over and said hello. He was very friendly and made the experience enjoyable. I also recommend Jessie as a GREAT server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014My first visit to Wheat with a friend was a lovely surprise. Though a student produced event, it was professional in every way. Service was attentive, presentation beautiful, and the food was terrific. Even the view in this dreary winter was light filled and beautifully landscaped. Definitely a lovely cousin to the neighboring Waterleaf restaurant.Special Features:
- A great choiceDickDined on 2/12/2014We always enjoy lunch here. With the table setup it feels like a fine dining experience. The food Is good and presentation is a outstanding. Service is top notch. This is a college class and the students really go all out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014This is the restaurant for the culinary school at COD. The food was delicious and portions were just right. There was one service issue, the waiter did not realize we were to choose both a soup and salad. He thought it was one or the other. He realized his mistake after we had eaten our salads and brought us our soups. All of the students working that night were very pleasant. Everyone in our group ordered something different and it was all quite good. We have plans to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i have been thete at leastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014i have been thete at least 4 times for lunch. It has always been terrific. I try to bring new people with me to get word out about the Wheat Cafe's food & flavor combinations. This last time, my favorite was Cheesecake with mango sorbet. This time for me, though, menu had less excitement for me. It may have been that I chose halibut. I intend to come again when menu changesand relive earlier excitement I had with the previous menues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Once to Say You've Been ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013The food was great and it's fun to think that we were helping with the education of the culinary school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food presented beautifullDickDined on 12/6/2013Very good food presented beautifully. Good service with food served hot and and in a timely manner.Fine dining ambiance all around. I will visit again and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great food with student employeesTeddyDined on 12/6/2013The Wheat cafe employees College of DuPage students who are enrolled in their Culilnary Arts program. I've eaten here 3-4 times and the food has always been excellent; the salads and soups, in particular, are delicious. The lunches offer three dining options for the entree; all I've had have been very good. You also have a choice of soup, salad and desert. The short ribs I had on my most recent visit were extremely tender and flavorful. The service is quite good and attentive and it is great to give the students an opportunity to hone their skills. I highly recommend trying this place for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2013Very good food with nice presentation at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Treat!DonnaDined on 11/21/2013Treated a good friend to lunch for her birthday at Wheat Café. Wonderful lunch -- great food and really good service and great value! We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wheat CafeHankDined on 11/20/2013It is always a pleasure to dine at Wheat Cafe. I enjoy interacting with the students, and the food is always delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome!PriceDined on 11/20/2013This is the second time I have been back to Wheat Cafe and I have LOVED it each time! The food is wonderful and the wait staff does a great job. I love that their are numerous options for each of the courses of the meal, it is great to try new things as well as for picky eaters. Overall, this place is GREAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Few Suggestions:PamBDined on 10/17/2013My friend & I found the breadsticks looking so delicious, but found them to be stale & tasteless. It took 3 tries to finally get HOT coffee.....with actual steam coming out as it was poured. Before that, it was just a bit warmer than room temp. Waitresses & their helpers were ever so good @ making sure we had everything we needed, especially when it came to finally getting my coffee HOT! Noise level was a bit loud, but with groups right next to our table, what can one expect, I guess! Thank You for allowing us to dine in such "luxury!" We'll be returning, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn''t botherscoffey06Dined on 10/11/2013It takes way too long to get your lunch served. Most people that are going to this work for the college and can't be gone that long for lunch. Price was was too high for the small portions that you get. Even though we had a reservation, we had to wait because they were getting our table ready. They put us in a little corner where a table should not have been. We ended up having to move the table length wise to even fit in the spot. Waiter was pretty good.
- Great ValueALK007Dined on 10/4/2013This is a great place for lunch. The food and service was great and you are supporting the work of the College of DuPage Culinary program and students.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAndrewDined on 10/3/2013A really nice restaurant. Superb service from start to finish. Wonderful food prepared with great recipes and care. The attention to detail is evident from the table settings to the presentation on the plate. Unbelievable value. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedRonnieDined on 10/3/2013This was my first visit to the Culinary School Dining Center. I was very pleased with the service and the food. I will definitely return . This is a gem the community needs to get to know. I will share my pleasure with others. In fact, I am planning to return at the end of the month. The opportunity to attend the restaurant in combination with a play at the MAC would be wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Culinary Cuisineculinarygrad2Dined on 10/3/2013As soon as I walked in I was greeted by one of the students and was taken to my seat. My waiter was fabulous! He was unobtrusive and had a happy disposition. I was impressed my the casual elegance of the restaurant. The portions of the food are smaller than usual, but the food is fresh and plated well. My salmon was cooked perfectly and the desserts rocked. Especially the cheesecake with diced apples on top in a delicious sauce. I will definitely be back for lunch and possibly dinner very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for a Great PriceWestSuburbanDinerDined on 10/2/2013Our first visit to Wheat Cafe will not be our last. Culinary and Hospitality students at COD prepare and serve your 5 course meal - all for $22 pp. The food quality is excellent, the wait staff are friendly and eager to please. The menu changes regularly. They offer a limited selection of wine which is OK but the real star here is the excellent quality of the food. This is a real "find".Special Features: