What a Dish Cafe & Catering
24921 Dana Point Harbor Dr
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
What a Dish Cafe & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.whatadishoc.com/
- Phone: (949) 276-4884
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jordan Richey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jordan 9492764884x
- Entertainment: Live music and art shows on the weekend, call for details and hours.
A word from What a Dish Cafe & Catering
What a Dish is family owned and operated and like to think of our clients as an extended part of the family. When feeding our family, whether it be ours or yours, we have always placed an importance on sustainable, organic and seasonal foods. With a combination of these ingredients, we believe health and happiness will follow and than each and every one of our customers for their support over the last 16 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
What a Dish Cafe & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Was expecting great thingsDININGDIVA2VIPDined on 11/2/2014After reading all the great reviews, we thought we found another neighborhood gem. Not the case. Poor service, cold coffee and food and slow service. We were expecting a great place in Dana Point, but we were very disappointed. It wasn't busy, so there is no excuse for poor service. I hate to have to "flag" down the wait staff, for more coffee and the check. We won't be returning.
- Nice for FriendsqltncatDined on 10/28/2014Four of us had a weekday lunch together here. Our lunches were delicious! Two of us shared ribeye sliders, which were excellent. The other two had the seared albacore sandwich and the Coco sandwich. We all had soup of the day (Pumpkin), yummy. We also shared sweet potato fries which were nice and crisp. We celebrated two birthdays with chocolate cupcakes. Everyone was pleased and we left totally satisfied. We sat outside, the area was nice. The wait staff was available but non-intrusive.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful!AzyuppieDined on 10/12/2014We had brunch on a Sunday morning that was amazing! The staff and owner were very friendly and personable! The food was excellent! We are going to be back many times and even said it's a great place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks nice but...Surfbum2Dined on 9/20/2014It looks nice from outside and its website, but so busy and noisy when 2 of us visited there for a brunch. May be our expectation was too high...we just looked for a relaxed time as a beginning of weekend. Server could not pay enough attention to us from the beginning, although we had a reservation via OpenTable. Coffee was flesh. Food was good quality but tiny. --- No cigar.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/19/2014"What a Dish" is a good name for this place - our meals were excellent. The service was very good, too. Note: There were no heat lamps outside, so plan to bring a light jacket or wrap if you want to sit outside in the evening.Special Features:
- Won't go back.SusanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food pretty good, but not as described on the menu. Quinoa risotto had a tiny amount of quinoa, but lots of rice; lemon sauce on salmon & chicken didn't taste like lemon; asparagus was tough. Bakery brownie & lemon bar good; nice that there are small portions available. Overpriced for what you get; better available in the area. We were the only ones there, except for a walk-in who got a lemonade. Bathroom unisex, but no lock.
- Serving breakfast late into the dayKathleenVIPDined on 8/6/2014You can have pancakes at 1pm if you want. Lots of choices for lunch, including breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the What a Dish Cafe & Catering reviews archive.