Wharo Korean BBQ
4029 Lincoln Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Wharo Korean BBQ
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wharo.com/
- Phone: 3105787114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 4:00PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call us for more information on catering. We create special catering menu for each party.
A word from Wharo Korean BBQ
Wharo was founded in 2004 with the passion and inspiration to introduce quality and health conscious-friendly Korean food on the Westside of Los Angeles. Wharo dishes are derived from Modern Seoul Styles dished with a Western twist. We are always trying to enhance flavors and create new recipes to modernize and move with the trend. At Wharo, we are proud that all of our dishes are free of MSG but instead;use home-style cooking to create the mouthwatering flavors. From homemade spicy Kimchi to Organic Soft Soon Tofu Soup, we only culture the finest for our customers. We also use high quality Certified Angus Beef which passes 10 quality standard testing for its title.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wharo Korean BBQ reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and service.KBDKVIPDined on 5/7/2013We met friends who are gluten-free. The ribeye option was perfect for them and we ordered the kalbi. The quality of the meat was good and I appreciated that the kalbi marinade was subtle. The japchae and dumpling appetizers and the banchan were tasty. The waitstaff is attentive. Wharo is child-friendly and is perfect for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They give such a small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/16/2013They give such a small portion of steak, it isn't worthe the price. The small appetizer plates wren't enogh for 2 people. I was there when they first opened the rest. they use to give more food. Very disappointing, will not return.
- Absolutely fantastic!!! K-townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2012Absolutely fantastic!!! K-town without the drive...Special Features:
- Always on my list when I visitFoodiefusionistaVIPDined on 9/18/2012Always on my list when I visit LA -- this hip neighborhood has consistent quality, impeccable service and is always a solid choice. Bulgogi, Ribeye and Tongue are a MUST! The Korean beer selection is good as well.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a firstOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2012Great restaurant for a first date. You cook your own food and have so many different options to choose from. We ordered the platter dish for two people and it was more than enough food. If you struggle with cooking/knowing how long to grill/ etc., the servers are there to help you the entire way through. Small, intimate restaurant with a lot of energy. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012Had a great time here. It's hibachi style Korean food...except where in Benihana where they cook for you, you get to cook you own meats and veggis on your personal grill. Fun twist and a great date spot!Special Features:
- The pajyun was delish. TheCollierCulinaryCritiqueaVIPDined on 9/12/2012The pajyun was delish. The bibimbop was ok. There was nothing else to write home about. The portions small & pricey. The service was slack. I did notice that other parties got treated better than I did (I was alone).
- The food is just really excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012The food is just really excellent and the service is attentive.Special Features:
- Nice little restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Nice little restaurant with good food. Only draw back was how expensive it was. I am accustomed to nice Korean BBQ restaurants in/near Korea Town where everything is included in the one price you pay for the meal. At Wharo they charge you for everything separately. You end up paying extra for the pancake appetizer and such which adds up very quickly.Special Features:
- The portion could be moreuuggghhhhhhhhhhVIPDined on 7/28/2012The portion could be more generous and customer service. Also, you need to remember to check in your guest when they make reservation via open table.
- Awesome Korean food on the westsideOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2012I love this restaurant. I drive over there from West Hollywood rather than driving to Koreatown which is much closer to me. My whole family loves the kalbi and bulgogi including my picky 3 year old. I also love their kimchee jigae, kimchee tofu and bibimbops. I want to try other items but I always gravitate towards my favorites. I highly recommend Wharo!Special Features:
- Go For Everything ElsePhilipMDined on 6/23/2012I've driven blithely past the mini-mall Wharo is in for decades without ever stopping. Despite being on frantically busy Lincoln, Wharo has ample free parking, and is quiet inside. Our young waitress was friendly, if desperately inexperienced. When asked to describe a dish she replied, "What do you mean?" (With a little coaxing she ended up giving a good description.) The BBQ itself is expensive, and despite first rate ingredients, relatively uninteresting to my taste. What is great about this place is the large menu of other Korean food. We chose several appetizers, a soup and a clay pot rice dish and were delighted with all of them.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, food was fine,DinerDaisyDined on 6/21/2012Friendly staff, food was fine, but not great. Not a memorable experience, but not terrible either.Special Features:
- Okay food, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2012The food was okay, but not great. It's hardly authentic Korean BBQ...it's very, for lack of a better word, "Americanized." And pretty overpriced, especially given the small portions they serve. More authentic Korean restaurants serve twice as much for 1/2 the price and the taste is better than Wharo. Their drinks are overpriced too. Still, it's a cute little place to grab Korean BBQ if you don't feel like driving out to areas with more of a Korean BBQ restaurant selection. Don't think I'm inclined to go back. Certainly not at those prices. I kept thinking, there's a reason I don't see any other Korean people here. Too bad.
- Los Angeles is filled to theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2012Los Angeles is filled to the brim with Korean BBQ places and when you are tired of the "all you can eat" joints and are ready to step up to how it should be done, go to Wharo. The ingredients are superb, the bimimbop is outstanding and the service makes you say "ahhhh".Special Features:
- The only decent Korean foodIntimateVIPDined on 2/17/2012The only decent Korean food around Venice/Marina del Rey.
- Westside KoreanJakeVIPDined on 2/5/2012If you need to eat Korean food, but can't leave the Westside, this is about it. It is friendly and good quality but about 40% higher price than K-town and a bit 'dumbed down' to suit Western tastes. The room is functional though not particularly elegant.
- Since you have to cook yourthisisitVIPDined on 1/27/2012Since you have to cook your own meat, it's hard to judge the quality of the food. Also,they use to have a terrific pancake appetizer which is no longer on the menu and the prices have gone way up for such a local, strip mall, restaurant.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012The food at Wharo was very authentic and prepared very nicely. I would recommend eating here, and will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- So Good. You just have toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2012So Good. You just have to go. Fresh and yummy. Once a week favorite.Special Features:
- Korean BBQ. Very Pricey butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2011Korean BBQ. Very Pricey but good. We got a double combo and my wife was still hungry, and I ate less than my share that night and she is petite. So not like she could eat a horse in case someone was to think she might be capable, i.e. why she was still hungry.
- We really enjoyed the foodMJD2inPDRVIPDined on 11/2/2011We really enjoyed the food and experience of table top cooking. The service was great and we would highly recommend this to others.Special Features:
- If you live on the WestsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011If you live on the Westside and are interested in trying something different, this place is great. I went with a big group, had a reservation for 5 but they accommodated when an additional friend joined last minute. Only a few of us had ever had Korean BBQ before so they made sure to help us decide how much to order, how to cook, etc. You really get your money's worth if you go with a few people. Might be too pricey and too much food for just two people...Special Features:
- Food wasn't as spicey at theScoutVIPDined on 9/22/2011Food wasn't as spicey at the first time I went but I still loved it and will go back again!
- One of the only fair standardIntimateVIPDined on 9/4/2011One of the only fair standard Korean BBQ you may find in Marina/Venice area. As good as it gets.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful DiningfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/20/2011This is a wonderful Dining experience. The quality of meats they use is superior to other Korean BBQs. They take care and extremely professional service when entering this restaurant. I look forward to going back and highly suggest to all that have not yet been.Special Features:
- I was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/17/2011I was a little disappointed in this restaurant. I think I was expecting a little more flavor from the meats - I really only used 1 type of dipping sauce, so maybe a few more choices might have helped. Some of the veggies didn't really cook through - I think it was some type of squash that was still raw even though it had sat on the grill. Overall, a disappointing experience for me.
- LOVE WHARO!!!!FabFelitaVIPDined on 7/23/2011Wharo's a great KBBQ for the Westside. My Korean friend wasn't so impressed with the really Korean stuff (some jigae and wanted more sauce and was charged extra), but I, being Chinese-American, have always been VERY HAPPY with the Korean BBQ and other goodies they have here! I was happily surprised that they expanded their menu to include more stuff! Yay!! Now you can get a variety of different jyuns (korean style pancakes stuffed with chives, calamari, crab, etc,), soon tofu (that bubbling pot of soft tofu and pork or beef with an EGG cracked to boil right in it), as well as Mandoo Guk (that beef or veggie dumpling soup with the rice cakes for extra). We brought in a party of 6 (including one little child), and it was great!Special Features:
- Great for locals wanting KoreanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2011Great for locals wanting Korean bbq. Service is always courteous. The only disappointing thing was that the brisket was a bit overcooked, dry and tough, otherwise the bulgogi and other meats were great. Generous refills of the appetizer dishes.Special Features:
- We love Wharo!LisaZaxVIPDined on 6/9/2011We stumbled upon Wharo recently and have been back several times since then (in one week!). The food is fantastic - fresh and all perfectly seasoned. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable and really helped us navigate the menu. I highly recommend this wonderful little gem!Special Features:
- Great service & amazing koreanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2011Great service & amazing korean BBQ. Good selection of delicious Korean dishes.Special Features:
- Comparing to the Korean BBQjoedustinVIPDined on 5/23/2011Comparing to the Korean BBQ in Manhattan, Wharo was just ok. They use a gas BBQ vs the hot coals that come out and give an extra flavor to the meats. Overall, the food was good. The atmosphere was not what I expected, but it works.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/8/2011The evening started off well enough. Our server seemed fairly knowledgable and proficient while answering questions and taking our order. Unfortunately the quality of service degraded from there. As the restaurant began to fill up it became apparent that they were short of the sufficient number of servers required to properly take care of their customers. The order arrived in bits and pieces and they kept forgetting to bring the rice. The food itself is fair to good but does not have the intensity of flavors from a Korean BBQ restaurant. My recommendation would be to drive the 20 minutes it takes to get to Korea Town for an authentic Korean BBQ experience.
- We went for my Mother's birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2011We went for my Mother's birthday. The waiter was fantastically attentive, the food was delicious and perfect for a family comprised of a seafood only eater, finicky teenager and foodies!Special Features:
- Wharo is delicious and servesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2011Wharo is delicious and serves high quality meat. Fun to cook your meat right in front of you. The soup and salad as well as all of the sides are great too. Their happy hour deal is a true steal of a deal!Special Features:
- This was a great find. AmazinglyGabesVIPDined on 2/18/2011This was a great find. Amazingly friendly staff. Everyone was helpful and nice. Great food.Special Features: