W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
3371 Princeton Road
Hamilton, OH 45011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wgkitchen.com/
- Phone: (513) 887-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: CInque \x27Q\x27 Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our J Lohr room can accommodate up to 35 people comfortably for a full dining experience. Inquire regarding availability.
A word from W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
The W.G. Kitchen and Bar at Bridgewater Falls is an American bistro serving a variety of appetizing cuisine in an inviting atmosphere. We offer a full bar, beer, and wine flights or one can select a bottle from our hundreds of retail wines, even one to take home. We look forward to providing memorable experiences for each of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (42)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I've been here three times and every time the food has been awesome. I love the wine flights and get one every time I go. All the wines are described well and I really enjoy them. The last time I went we had a server that was too distracted and the service we received was okay at best, although she was very nice. The restaurant wasn't very busy on a Sunday evening. Since I was celebrating my birthday, I opted for the premium wine flight which I felt was a bit overrated. Of the three flights I've had there, it was my least favorite. I'm not a wine expert, but I've had what I believe to be my fair share and feel pretty "aware".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love W.G Kitchen & Bar.KsniderDined on 11/22/2014The food is incredible. The service is top notch. There is no place around like this. We probably visit at least 3 times a month. LOVE !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 meals I have hadAircat11VIPDined on 11/21/2014I travel alot. About 20 trips a year. I get to eat at some nice places 'on the company' so have had some great food. The scallop dinner I had here was one of my top 5 meals ever. They even made it special order, no blackened, and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gathering place!RossgirlDined on 11/17/2014Met some friends for dinner and none of us had dined with you. We were anxious to catch up with each other. Our server was fantastic at explaining the menu and the wine options. She was patient and let us enjoy the evening. Dinner was great! We all will definitely make it back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even know...TinkincDined on 11/14/2014We'd passed this place for over a year now without even giving it a thought. OpenTable introduced us to the place and we can't believe the quality and variety of the food. We've eaten there 2 weekends in a row, and everything has been excellent. Service is very good, atmosphere is a little loud, and wine selection is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vvforsell20Dined on 11/8/2014knowing about the wines ,not that great?? Dress attire everybody wearing jeans? Your place is a little nicer then that??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnceaweekDinerDined on 11/8/2014Arrived 5:45 PM before the Saturday night rush. Server seemed distant, his mind appeared to be elsewhere. Wine flight was good, pricing during happy hour at the bar the cost is $5 less - no idea why restaurants charge different pricing depending on where you are seated. Ordered Bleu Burger, menu indicated bacon and sauteed onions - neither was on the burger. Server was happy to provide a desert to compensate. For some of us this was not the best option. Flatbread pizza was very good, ouse salad was very good.Special Features:
- Going BackveggiemomDined on 11/8/2014A friend had posted she was there so we went the next night. Loved the wine & beer selection. Happy hour munchies were reasonably priced & filling.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWandoDined on 10/25/2014Roy our Waiter was OUTSTANDING! He was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Beverage service was slow, but I feel Roy was spread a bit thin, so I don't blame the waiter. Food was very good, although the Margarita Flatbread wasn't what I expected. It was a heavy Cheese bread and I was thinking lighter Pizza. The BQ Chicken Flatbread was delicious. The Pork Tenderloin dish was OUTSTANDING and just the right portion. WC Salad was wonderful. Over all the experience was almost perfect! Fun, classy and energetic.Special Features:
- FriendsCadventureDined on 10/20/2014Treated friends for dinner on a week night. We had reservations just to be sure but restaurant wasn't crowded. We enjoyed the wine flights and purchased a bottle of wine for home. Service was attentive, restaurant clean, general manager was welcoming. Serving size seemed a little skimpy on one of the entrees but otherwise everyone was satisfied. We enjoy this neighborhood spot and hope they will be around for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return!WineAndDineDined on 10/17/2014This place has a great selection of wines at really good prices! The food is more casual and good, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerwhomeDined on 10/12/2014Quiet Sunday evening dinner with friends. Food was super, waitress was dilightfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to chill...Akm122VIPDined on 10/4/2014Super laid back atmosphere, great place to enjoy and try wines, beers, etc. We really enjoyed hanging out with friends here, and the service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corkage feesouthcinciDined on 9/26/2014Had dinner Friday night for a group of 4. Bill was $204 including tip. Bottles of wine were 16 each. Adding $10 per bottle corkage is ridiculous. I would have much preferred giving $30 to the waitress. Food was good, been there before, should have just done flights of wine. I won't pay corkage again! So best of luck!Special Features:
- Definitely will go back.TopcatDined on 9/18/2014My sister is on a walker and they made special arrangements to have a table close to the front - very quiet space. Beer and wine selection excellent and food was delicious and well presented. Our waitress, Tabita, made the evening. She was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine and food!lovewineDined on 9/12/2014You won't be disappointed! Their service is EXCELLENT and wine & food are AWESOME!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!LCHHDined on 9/9/2014The server was attentive and his recommendations were perfect for our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- becoming a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014the food is excellent although the service can be slow at times. love the wine selection and offerings by the glass/flights. have not been disappointed yet and plan to return each time i visit Hamilton, OHSpecial Features:
- becksueDined on 9/5/2014Even though they had a short power outage they were on top of their game. It was our first time there but we loved it and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 9/3/2014Food was prepared to perfection. Great wine selection. Went on a Wednesday evening and the service was excellent, the atmosphere quiet. Perfect for a "date" night.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Can't understand why it took us so long to discover W.G. Kitchen at Bridgewater Falls, but so glad we did! Very pleasant experience from start to finish. Excellent service, food, and wine. Look forward to next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULhamiltondinerDined on 8/23/2014WG has a new chef and new menu. It was excellent. Also now have daily specials, which was needed.Special Features:
- I'd heard a lot of good things...KinnaDined on 8/23/2014...from my friends about WG. I left feeling like I'd like to go back and give it another try. The salted caramel drink was good, but not as much caramel and salt as I'd expected. I got the chicken BBQ pizza which was skimpy on the chicken and bacon, bland in flavor and arrived only warm. My husband got the pork tenderloin and asparagus soup and really like both. We all got different desserts so we could share. My friend's tiramasu (sp?) was perfect, the chocolate mousse had great texture but lacked chocolate flavor, the creme broulee was ordinary. As I said, because my friends have loved this place, and I really do WANT to like this place, I'll go back and give it another shot.Special Features:
- DelicioustlmkjDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious, back home we say "ono". It is not a word you use just for fun, it is meant to be used when the food is good, really, really, good. I appreciate the gluten free options. The waitress was friendly. Ambience received 4 out of 5 stars because the noise level was a little loud. It wasn't terrible where we had to speak loudly to hear each other, just loud enough to have some distraction. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSearayDined on 8/21/2014Four ladies wanted to go somewhere nice to celebrate together. The service was awesome...no rush but always visible. The food was very good and we were treated to a free dessert for the birthday girl! The wine selection is amazing too. We ended up closing down the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningtealchickDined on 8/16/2014Took my husband there for his 50th birthday. We had a wonderful meal. Our server was attentive and chatty, but not intrusive. We were there on the first night of their new menu. Delicious new offerings. Love the new menu more than the old one. So many fresh choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Had an awesome dinner with friends. Our server was Roy and he did a really good job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Real Nice MealoccasionalfoodieDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten dinner at WG Kitchen several times, with very little variation in the result. Generally they serve simple but good food, well prepared and presented. Service is good, friendly and prompt but not exceptional. The wine flights are great fun, and sometimes educational. This is a nice place, not fancy, but comfortable for a casual drink or a big dinner.Special Features:
- RegularsVIPDined on 8/4/2014ONce again a fabulous dinner at WG WC, and this one on the oocasion of our wedding anniversary. The specials were perfectly cooked, the food weas at the proper temperature, and both our wiatress tina and the GM Matt were perfectly attentive to us. No wonder wee keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls reviews archive.
- Great foodlikesgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014Every trip to W.G. Kitchen is a good one. Always excellent food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booder101Dined on 7/19/2014Happy to find this restaurant - the wine flights were fun to try, and the wines were good variety. My husband I had fillet and the salmon dinner salad - the fillet was cooked as I asked and tasty, and my husband said the salmon was cooked perfect, not dry at all, very moist and delicious. We also tried the ricotta honey which was something different and very good, as well as the creme brulee for dessert which was good also. The weather was cool and not very humid so we sat outside, which was very nice and quieter as the interior would have been difficult for at least one in our party with hearing issues to hear. We enjoyed our visit and will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Fun atmosphere, good food, nice wine selection. Attractive look, good service, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good Food/Fair ValueKeepItRealDined on 7/18/2014The food was interesting and well prepared. However, the portions were quite small and the prices were moderate to high. The restrooms were out of order when we were there but they made arrangements with a restaurant across the way if needed. It was a Friday night and the place seemed kind of slow. It might be good for a special function/meeting but will not be at the top of my frequent list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Seating OptionBandLJDined on 7/11/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant since it opened. This time we choose to sit outdoors and it was great! Even though we had a slight distraction with a fly in my wife's chardonnay, the server handled it with class and ease. The food was excellent as always and the atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCincyDaveDined on 7/5/2014Service was top notch. Food was excellent as always. Love the wine/drink selection, great craft beers available as well. Food was spot on, will be going back.Special Features:
- Plating does not make good goodFburrowatlDined on 7/3/2014Food was average at best. Ambiance was not that good either. Maybe better for large groupsSpecial Features:
- Good place for outdoor lunchRHH01VIPDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed lunch on a Saturday with an out of town guest. Soup and half sandwich or half salad make an excellent warm day combo. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!RubyDined on 6/7/2014Great food, great wine, great atmosphere. Thank you for a very nice romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningMaineladyDined on 6/2/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday here. She wanted a place too have a "nice glass of wine". Thought this would surely fir the bill. Infact, we each had 4 nice glasses of wine, choosing the red and SA red wine flights. Bread/olives/olive oil plate, perhaps a bit pricey when you know other restaurants include this. But we also has a complimentary pita plate, so maybe that works out. I had half caesar salad and half spicy shrimp pasta. The shrimp pasta was very tasty. Our servers were pleasant, but not as attentive as I would like.Special Features:
- SteakExpertVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food is always satisfying and a great selection of drinks to back it up. Portion sizes could be a little larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.