W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
3371 Princeton Road
Hamilton, OH 45011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wgkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5138879463
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: CInque \x27Q\x27 Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our J Lohr room can accommodate up to 35 people comfortably for a full dining experience. Inquire regarding availability.
A word from W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls
The W.G. Kitchen and Bar at Bridgewater Falls is an American bistro serving a variety of appetizing cuisine in an inviting atmosphere. We offer a full bar, beer, and wine flights or one can select a bottle from our hundreds of retail wines, even one to take home. We look forward to providing memorable experiences for each of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls - Best Restaurants in Hamilton ›
W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (18)romantic (14)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great wine and food!lovewineDined on 9/12/2014You won't be disappointed! Their service is EXCELLENT and wine & food are AWESOME!Special Features:
- becoming a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014the food is excellent although the service can be slow at times. love the wine selection and offerings by the glass/flights. have not been disappointed yet and plan to return each time i visit Hamilton, OHSpecial Features:
- becksueDined on 9/5/2014Even though they had a short power outage they were on top of their game. It was our first time there but we loved it and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 9/3/2014Food was prepared to perfection. Great wine selection. Went on a Wednesday evening and the service was excellent, the atmosphere quiet. Perfect for a "date" night.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Can't understand why it took us so long to discover W.G. Kitchen at Bridgewater Falls, but so glad we did! Very pleasant experience from start to finish. Excellent service, food, and wine. Look forward to next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULhamiltondinerDined on 8/23/2014WG has a new chef and new menu. It was excellent. Also now have daily specials, which was needed.Special Features:
- I'd heard a lot of good things...KinnaDined on 8/23/2014...from my friends about WG. I left feeling like I'd like to go back and give it another try. The salted caramel drink was good, but not as much caramel and salt as I'd expected. I got the chicken BBQ pizza which was skimpy on the chicken and bacon, bland in flavor and arrived only warm. My husband got the pork tenderloin and asparagus soup and really like both. We all got different desserts so we could share. My friend's tiramasu (sp?) was perfect, the chocolate mousse had great texture but lacked chocolate flavor, the creme broulee was ordinary. As I said, because my friends have loved this place, and I really do WANT to like this place, I'll go back and give it another shot.Special Features:
- DelicioustlmkjDined on 8/22/2014The food was delicious, back home we say "ono". It is not a word you use just for fun, it is meant to be used when the food is good, really, really, good. I appreciate the gluten free options. The waitress was friendly. Ambience received 4 out of 5 stars because the noise level was a little loud. It wasn't terrible where we had to speak loudly to hear each other, just loud enough to have some distraction. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSearayDined on 8/21/2014Four ladies wanted to go somewhere nice to celebrate together. The service was awesome...no rush but always visible. The food was very good and we were treated to a free dessert for the birthday girl! The wine selection is amazing too. We ended up closing down the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningtealchickDined on 8/16/2014Took my husband there for his 50th birthday. We had a wonderful meal. Our server was attentive and chatty, but not intrusive. We were there on the first night of their new menu. Delicious new offerings. Love the new menu more than the old one. So many fresh choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Had an awesome dinner with friends. Our server was Roy and he did a really good job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Real Nice MealoccasionalfoodieDined on 8/10/2014I've eaten dinner at WG Kitchen several times, with very little variation in the result. Generally they serve simple but good food, well prepared and presented. Service is good, friendly and prompt but not exceptional. The wine flights are great fun, and sometimes educational. This is a nice place, not fancy, but comfortable for a casual drink or a big dinner.Special Features:
- RegularsVIPDined on 8/4/2014ONce again a fabulous dinner at WG WC, and this one on the oocasion of our wedding anniversary. The specials were perfectly cooked, the food weas at the proper temperature, and both our wiatress tina and the GM Matt were perfectly attentive to us. No wonder wee keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlikesgoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014Every trip to W.G. Kitchen is a good one. Always excellent food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booder101Dined on 7/19/2014Happy to find this restaurant - the wine flights were fun to try, and the wines were good variety. My husband I had fillet and the salmon dinner salad - the fillet was cooked as I asked and tasty, and my husband said the salmon was cooked perfect, not dry at all, very moist and delicious. We also tried the ricotta honey which was something different and very good, as well as the creme brulee for dessert which was good also. The weather was cool and not very humid so we sat outside, which was very nice and quieter as the interior would have been difficult for at least one in our party with hearing issues to hear. We enjoyed our visit and will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Fun atmosphere, good food, nice wine selection. Attractive look, good service, reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good Food/Fair ValueKeepItRealDined on 7/18/2014The food was interesting and well prepared. However, the portions were quite small and the prices were moderate to high. The restrooms were out of order when we were there but they made arrangements with a restaurant across the way if needed. It was a Friday night and the place seemed kind of slow. It might be good for a special function/meeting but will not be at the top of my frequent list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Seating OptionBandLJDined on 7/11/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant since it opened. This time we choose to sit outdoors and it was great! Even though we had a slight distraction with a fly in my wife's chardonnay, the server handled it with class and ease. The food was excellent as always and the atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCincyDaveDined on 7/5/2014Service was top notch. Food was excellent as always. Love the wine/drink selection, great craft beers available as well. Food was spot on, will be going back.Special Features:
- Plating does not make good goodFburrowatlDined on 7/3/2014Food was average at best. Ambiance was not that good either. Maybe better for large groupsSpecial Features:
- Good place for outdoor lunchRHH01VIPDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed lunch on a Saturday with an out of town guest. Soup and half sandwich or half salad make an excellent warm day combo. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!RubyDined on 6/7/2014Great food, great wine, great atmosphere. Thank you for a very nice romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningMaineladyDined on 6/2/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday here. She wanted a place too have a "nice glass of wine". Thought this would surely fir the bill. Infact, we each had 4 nice glasses of wine, choosing the red and SA red wine flights. Bread/olives/olive oil plate, perhaps a bit pricey when you know other restaurants include this. But we also has a complimentary pita plate, so maybe that works out. I had half caesar salad and half spicy shrimp pasta. The shrimp pasta was very tasty. Our servers were pleasant, but not as attentive as I would like.Special Features:
- SteakExpertVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food is always satisfying and a great selection of drinks to back it up. Portion sizes could be a little larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and dinnerhamiltonjudgeDined on 5/30/2014I frequented for a business lunch on 05/30/14 where I had steak salad and associate had the wrap...I then took wife and overdue pregnant daughter for dinner on 05/31/14...The outside seating was enjoyable and the food was good...I had not been there in awhile and felt that the dinner menu was more to my liking...I had the seared tuna, daughter the scallops and wife the tilapia...All were pleased...I was glad to see hamburgers as a possibility...Continue the good work...JohnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, customer service?Debo021473Dined on 5/23/2014I love WG. Disappointing Friday night. My friend and I had at least 4 different slip ups during our visit. 1. Delayed initial service. 2. Wine was late arriving and arrived with our entrees. 3. Friend was given wrong dessert and neither of us had silverware for dessert. 4. I had to send my coffee back because or was cold. Now, I am NOT a high maintenance guest and my husband is in the restaurant business...so I get it. I didn't complain, but was surprised when not one item was comped on my check. I just feel that is POOR customer service.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the W.G. Kitchen and Bar - Bridgewater Falls reviews archive.
- DisappointingaamreinDined on 5/17/2014Our service was horrendous. took 15 minutes to get our drink order taken, when our server finally came to take our drink order, we went ahead and put in our appetizer and entrée orders. The waiter blatantly ignored our table, while taking great care of the table right next to ours. My water glass sat empty for a long time until some random server finally came and filled it for me. The ricotta and honey appetizer was disappointing, we've had much better elsewhere. My fiancé's farm burger was good, my salad was terrible, not that I could tell our waiter because he never checked in with us. Honestly, I never write a negative review, but the service here was awful. We'll never be back and will be telling our friends to stay away as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was looking for but goodTriciaDined on 5/17/2014Extremely noisy even in the more romantic looking areas. Service for wine and beer too slow. Food service good. Meal delicious (everyone that raved about steak bruschetta is correct). Loved the wine flight and generous pour. So many posts about servers being new and (gasp) our server was new. Makes me wonder why they cannot keep servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W G Kitchen & Bar West ChesterGoing4GoodFoodDined on 5/12/2014Nice atmosphere, REALLY good food. Monday and Thursday there is no "corking fee for wine" which makes them very affordable. Impressed our business guests with the good food , good service and nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- WG KitchensRockafellaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food, creative wine tasting choices, gourmet prepared foods nicely presented. Service is excellent and made as you like it paired with sides of your choice. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Very good, as alwaysFft1123Dined on 5/10/2014We took the kids this time, knowing that the menu was not exactly kid friendly. We were a little nervous. We ended up having a great time and the kids thought the experience was cool. The waiter was good, the food was good and I always seem to find a new craft beer that I enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but NOISY!WillbebackDined on 5/3/2014Like food but had new waiter. We were seated in back next to 3 tables of 8 and the noise level was such that we asked to be moved. We were accommodated and inside separate room much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely love this placeAdam1001Dined on 5/2/2014My wife and I found this place a couple months ago. When we can get out for a night they are on the top of our list. Great food, amazing beer and wine list as well as great atmosphere. To top it all off the staff is absolutely amazing. Highly recommend trying them out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!IslandDined on 4/30/2014We always enjoy WG'S! Great for girls night out or with family and friends!! Everyone is always so nice and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticSandmanDined on 4/26/2014Other than some of the employees being fairly new, the environment was amazing and the food even better. We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceHeather1166Dined on 4/25/2014The staff was personable and friendly. Came to the restaurant on a whim, and it was definitely worth it. Great spot for date night or girls night out, I will be coming back!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchBarbaraloohooDined on 4/20/2014This was our first time eating brunch at W.G. Kitchen and Bar. We chose it for Easter brunch because of its close proximity to the church we attended that morning. Many diners expected a "buffet" when they heard the word "brunch". This restaurant/bar does NOT have a buffet, but a limited breakfast menu on Sunday mornings. Our server was, hands down, one of the BEST we've ever had anywhere. I ordered a Blood Mary and it had a HUGE strip of fried bacon as a garnish (along with an olive and a lime slice). We will return for the Blood Mary!Special Features:
- Gma13Dined on 4/19/2014I have enjoyed every meal at W G . I gave this visit a 5 star for overall experience because of Shawn (our waiter ) and the manager. We were experiencing a long wait for our cocktails. Shawn kept checking and informed the manager of the delay in service. Both took care of the situation . The bartenders are the only aspect of this restaurant that needs improvement.Special Features:
- Celebrating mom's 80th birthdayIamaserver2Dined on 4/14/2014Food and service was outstanding. Open table reservations are scheduled at 5:15 and our party of 5 was, at first, the only table seated in the restaurant. By the end of the meal two more 2-tops were seated in the bar area so I cannot post an accurate noise level. Our server Sheila was very attentive but not intrusive, and the food was excellently prepared, presented, and delicious. I especially like the meatloaf, as the sliced areas were most likely crisped up in a pan and topped with gravy--I'm definitely doing this the next time I fix meatloaf at home. The only negative was that Open Table reservations could not be later in the evening. 5:15 was a bit too early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level extremeDebTimDined on 4/12/2014I first want to say our wine flight and dinner choices were excellent. However there were a couple things that made this a not so perfect romantic evening that we had planned. No one seemed to want to remove our dirty plates or the empty wine flight holder. We had a nice table for two but with a 4 glass wine holder, appetizer plate and our plates that we put the appetizer on, made for a very crowded table. Even when they brought our dinner, they still only took the very large appetizer plate away! The worst was the noise level. We could not carry on a quiet conversation because of very loud people and extremely loud laughter. I felt like we were in a bar not a restaurant. I will try a weeknight next time.Special Features: