950 North Western Avenue
Lake Forest, IL 60045Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westwoodbistro.com/
- Phone: 847-295-2500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursdays 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm Brunch
2:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Khammay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us help you create a menu for your special event. Please call for details.
A word from Westwood Bistro
Westwood Bistro offers a contemporary American menu with French and Asian influences. Chef Khammay, a 30 year industry veteran of Le Francais, Irea 60, Karma and most recently Grille No. 43. The restaurant has seating for 120 indoors and 34 outdoors (weather permitting).Continued
Reserve your table today! We look forward to seeing you.
Reserve your table today! We look forward to seeing you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Westwood Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (15)special occasion (10)romantic (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A newer restuarant choice I lovedInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/17/2014I do a lot of business entertaining in the Lake Forest area and decided to try this new to me venue. I was very pleased and so were my business associates'. Very varied menu which some places cant pull off but Westwood did very well. WE Will be back Thanks AgainSpecial Features:
- Some Hits, Some MissesDailyDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Still early on with this recently opened restaurant. The calamari small plate was very good, as was the Salad de Provence. The Scallop small plate was not great: Very small scallop for the price, and it came out rubbery. The Classic Nicoise Salad had potential, but the cuts of Tuna used were tough and didn't appear to be sushi grade. Needed a sharpened knife to work through them. The martini was pretty good, but on the expensive side. Will give it another try, but wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be for my first visit.
- Great Food But Noisy AtmospheregurneeveesDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dining at Westwood Bistro and we went with another couple. My husband and I got there early, so we went to the bar and had a drink. The bartender was awesome! Personable, friendly and obviously took great pride in his job...We so enjoyed watching him mix drinks! Our meal was delicious...We were seated at a square booth table and my husband and I sat across from our friends...We found ourselves shouting to be heard...We felt the table was too big, so we ended up moving so that two of us were sitting on the corners and our spouses moved over close to us...Just so we could hear each other without having to shout....Our waitress was terrific!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Very noisy! It was sooooo loud inside that it made having conversation almost impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We were so pleased to find this restaurant not only the beautiful décor and a great wait staff, the food was very, very good, great presentation and fast service.Special Features:
- Waguburger22VIPDined on 9/9/2014Ordered Wagu burger and it tasted like meat spoiled. Waiter and manager tasted in kitchen and waiter agreed. Ruins your meal when you bit and swallow bad meat. Manager said they'd take it off our bill. Of course, only took one bite and bad. Manager should have bought us drink or comped appetizer.Special Features:
- Impressive!fairreviewerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere, amazing service plus delicious food! So happy to have a new restaurant in the neighborhood that's worth going to.Special Features:
- not too happynottoohappyDined on 9/6/2014Service was not great. The waiter was never around, we waited for EVERYTHING!! He didn't know much about the menu .Special Features:
- Happy to have another choice in LF!ILCScottVIPDined on 9/5/2014I hate trying new things, so it it was only after Westwood Bisto was open for a month or more that we finally have it a try for dinner...At 9p, we were greeted and seated immediately...The bar looks like a lot if fun...They did a great job converting what used to be a Burger King...You would never if you weren't from the neighborhood !! The food selection was great....Some of the dishes were a little pricy in my opinion, but they have food selections that cover the gamut from burgers to steak and fish...The apps were great as well as the sushi....Can't wait to try it for lunch....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new local spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014This new restaurant is a nice option for folks who like to enjoy a nice meal and drinks locally.Special Features:
- Great presentation, Lacks TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We were very excited to try the new restaurant and I would give it a so-so rating. The service was outstanding! I was super excited to try the sushi. It really looked amazing (Alaskan Roll), but lacked taste. We also had the calarmari salad and we thought it to be overpriced with no quality. We will definitley give it another try, maybe just an off night.
- Excelent Lake Forest diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Who would have thought that a Burger King would have such a transformation? We ate outdoors seated in comfortable and served delicious, eclectic food, from sushi to red meat. The service was outstanding. Pur party had a wonderful tineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014Four of us went - four of us thought we have a real "find" here!Special Features:
- crushercrusherDined on 9/2/2014This place is very new and not well known to the locals. Also, we ate on the day after Labor Day and there were few guests. The small outdoor seating is nice.Special Features:
- New to the Neighborhoodjsf1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Westwood Bistro has a somewhat limited but varied menu. Everything we ordered was good. The sushi was fresh, the lobster bisque was delicious and the burgers were tasty. The prices are fair for the food offerings. The restaurant aspires to fine dining and the drink and food prices are slightly high. Expect to pay $50-75 per person at dinner for a drink, appetizer and main course. Service could be more well coordinated and was a bit slow (drinks, bread). We will be back. This is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. Lake Forest needs more good restaurants downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacy from HPOut4dinnerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant is very pretty and has a small nice bar. The food was great- especially the sushi. Out service was week. Our waiter came infrequently, seemed stressed, and forgot things - like our drinks. The bus staff wasn't great either. I would give it a try again in a while, hopefully they will have worked their service issues out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Very mediocre. I don't plan on going back. I was halfway through my salad when they brought the main dish. I put the salad aside and started on my very disappointing main course. The pasta with seafood was so immerse in liquid, it should have been served as a soup. The mussels were 'old' and shriveled. They didn't taste any better than they looked. I just couldn't swallow the one I tested. The placemats were sticky as were the menus. They have a long way to go to compete with the existing restaurants in the area.
- don't go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/30/2014The evening started bad when there was some confusion with the hosts on who would get the next outdoor table and things went downhill from there. The server had no clue about the menu and when we pointed out we got the wrong meal he couldn't even figure that out and had to go to the kitchen and ask them. When I talked with the manager about the mishap he apologized but said he would have to discuss it with the owner and get back to me--I'm still waiting. The food when we did get it right was bland.
- Great beginningItchVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were blessed to have Blake as our server. He was awesome! Service was great and not rushed!!! It was terrific being in a new place with reasonable prices, good food and excellent service. Presentation of main dishes were creative. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful interior, strange menuVerydisappointedVIPDined on 8/29/2014The inside has air blowing on u no matter where u sit. Too dark,smashed in tables with tiny booths. Bar is terribly small and awkward. Menu is odd, trying to do too many things. We've tried it 3 times now and food is just ok. Have a hard time picking and end up with pizza or salad-boring. Really wanted this to be good..disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, poor valueJontan1966VIPDined on 8/27/2014There are better restaurants in the area for the money. When we entered we were accosted by two not quite surly but definitely not welcoming hostess and host. Smiles and thank you goes a long way. None for us. Our waiter was pleasant, very young and inexperienced, but enthusiastic. Also, My wife's $22 lobster salad had almost no lobster or salad and what was there wasn't very flavorful. I had a decent burger which tasted good but had to use a knife and fork to eat because the BBQ sauce covered everything. Our waiter admitted afterwards that he should have told me to order the sauce on the side. We will not be back primarily because of the high prices without the requisite quality of food, presentation, or service.
- Good beginningsARMRVIPDined on 8/26/2014For a new restaurant it off to a good start. I would say the menu is interesting but their sides and salads were expensive. I could do with a smaller side salad for less money. When I was there for lunch the bread was really good but at dinner a different bread which was fair. Waitperson was lovely but not on top of her game. Loved the gourmand hamburger!! We will be back for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- eastsiderEastsiderDined on 8/23/2014The Good- Very attractive place with dark wood and a "hip" vibe The Bad- Service, Menu The Ugly- Noise level was obnoxious Would not returnSpecial Features:
- deliciouscrogDined on 8/23/2014while our dinner was very tasty, they are still working out the kinks with servers the cherry tart pinot noir was deliciousSpecial Features:
- want it to be betterChicagoDined on 8/23/2014Rooting to have some good local restaurants that we just want to go back to. Décor was good and I could pretend I was in the city....food not quite there; foie gras was warm and slimy, salmon a tad undercooked for medium and shoe string fries average. Wine prices were good though and I liked the ambience. Encourage putting a couple of crowd pleasers on appetizer menu (shrimp, scallop). I did like the fact that they had entrée salads and sandwiches as an option. We will go back and really want this restaurant to succeed!Special Features:
- RegularPatronVIPDined on 8/22/2014Dumpling was supposed to be crisp but was just dough. Also costly for what it was. Whitefish not good, fishy.
- neighborhood gemeat2liveDined on 8/21/2014Finally, a chic place to get a decent glass of wine and a bite to eat with sophisticated ambiance and great service right in the neighborhood! Loved the sushi rolls, very fresh despite the price tag. Thought the choice of bread for their sandwiches could be better quality. The smoked salmon came on what appeared to be a packaged sliced wheat bread...very boring. And the ciabatta roll for the white fish was too small to accommodate the fish. Overall a lovely experience that prompted us to return the following evening to sit at the bar for a few sushi rolls and a glass of wine. Would also be great to have a larger selection of more moderately priced wines by the glass. Cant make this a regular at $100 a pop for the bar snack just described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Lake ForestBigBill117Dined on 8/21/2014I had the best steak I ever had in Lake Forest, IL in 40 years of eating in the best restaurants in Lake Forest. Perfectly cooked and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopefulLFPaulDined on 8/20/2014A very diversified menu: from Sushi, Pizza, Upscale Burgers to Flavorful Entrees. Rack of Lamb was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spotWildGameDameDined on 8/19/2014I had the Wagyu burger with the Duck bacon and Jack Daniels bbq on a brioche bun. Oh this was so yummy. You must also try the coffee. They serve Hawaiian coffee and its wonderful with their apple pie a la mode. Great new spot. Best part... free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workEdwardDined on 8/17/2014Second time at this new restaurant. First time was 3rd day open. Pleasant experience. this time: Seated promptly where we asked. Service was slow all night. Drink order taken 5 minutes after seating, served over 10 minutes later Food: pizza had blackened bottom, not good. returned and diner refused replacement. French fries side served cold. Portions were OK, prices judged a little high (about $5 per item in general) to build a following in this town. Manager/owner needs to be on the floor - no one checked with us all night - even the waitress was lax in follow up, altho appropriately apologetic about the good gaffs.Most in party were not anxious to return soon to this restaurant - altho we try to support local establishments.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Living near by we anxiously awaited the opening of this new restaurant. What a disappointment! One of our 4 meals was inedible -- the duck and salmon BLT. The smoked salmon was thick and rubbery. But, even more surprising, it arrived without any duck bacon. When we called this to the attention of the waiter, he sent somebody back with 2 strips of slightly underdone bacon on a bread plate that I guess we were supposed to add to the sandwich ourselves. It was awful. The salad was not impressive and bland. The whitefish sandwich was gooey and luke warm. The only person who enjoyed their meal ordered the salmon roll appetizer. The greeters and wait staff were not inviting.
- NickDined on 8/16/2014Acoustics bad, noise challenged. Lighting clever. Menue compelling but doesn't deliver. Not a family restaurant as originally promoted.
- New, should get betterEzdinerDined on 8/15/2014Reservation for 8 pm on Friday, sat right away, ordered cocktail and bottle of wine. A few minutes later, order appetizer. By 8:10, both entrees and appetizer arrive at same time, not time to finish cocktail-enjoyed appetizer (sushi) after entree; poured my own wine; advertised as whiskey bar, but did not have many whiskey drinks, a few drinks and a list of bottles; parking is tight; bill arrived shortly after entrees....left by 8:40ish. Only open a week, hopefully kinks will be worked out, nice inside and patio.Special Features:
- First VisitTonyDDined on 8/15/2014Living in Lake Bluff, we decided to try this new restaurant less than ten minutes from home on a Friday night. Interesting food diversity including sushi and hamburgers. The three of us shared the firey tuna roll which was very good. Two of us had steak frites, both were to be medium rare. Again very tasty but one was slightly overdone-medium. My wife had the salad de provence which she enjoyed. Wine list looked promising but since so close to home brought our own bottle. The only problems were 1) the noise level which was a bit too much for comfortable conversation, in fact hard to hear waiter at times and 2) by 8:45 pm they only had one type of dessert left having sold out of the others. Will try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Addition to Lake Forest!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Have been waiting anxiously for this location to open and dined with three colleagues from work. Our waiter was friendly and made some great recommendations for lunch. I had the Salmon Salad with a ginger rhubarb dressing; the salmon was done to perfection, my two other colleages had the Lobster Mango Salad and the Whitefish Sandwich with Bistro Fries (exceptional). The food was fresh, presented well, and bursting with flavor. I know I'll certainly be returning soon.Special Features:
- Lackluster menuDivagourmetVIPDined on 8/13/2014I expected a more interesting menu, but found it to be rather pedestrian.
- Give it a chance0penmindedDined on 8/13/2014My wife and i gave it a try and would go back. But the service and limited menu has to improve. The sushi we had was very good and the lobster bisque was excellent. However the Halibut was not worth the money and tried to be too fancy for what it is. The shrimp diablo was tastey, but needed more shrimp and less fish. Entrees for what they are a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and excellent serviceLFDadDined on 8/10/2014The menu was outstanding. I had the Westwood Sushi, which contained jalepeno and octopus - it was outstanding. My dinner partner had the chicken sandwich with fries, and he thought the fries were the best. We agree that it's a combination of Inovasi and Miramar - but darker and quieter. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Menu contains all the foods I love to eat so I had trouble choosing. Enjoyed their food very much and the presentation was great. Husband thought the portions were small for the price (Halibut $27 and side of Spinach $9.) Restaurant is dark but the bar is cozy. Outdoor patio is very nice also. Dined there twice last week. I think it will be a great success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.