333 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westvillenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127761404
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am -4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Are you planning a big meal for your carnivore and vegetarian friends/co-workers? We are now offering our delicious hearty food for catering for large parties and private events. Food is served buffet style in half or full size catering trays (12 or 24”), which allow a large variety of items, and a more colorful and appetizing spread.
A word from Westville Hudson
Through the eyes of Westville, life is simple. We believe that if you use the freshest, highest quality ingredients, their preparation need not be fancy. The food speaks for itself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Westville Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (26)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (16)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Great pre-concert dinnerMarlaNYCVIPDined on 9/18/2014We live downtown so decided to have an early dinner at Westville (where we usually order in from or have brunch) and then take the subway up to a concert at Madison Square Garden. Turned out to be a great idea. Dinner was delicious, prompt and made our night so civilized away from the crowds near the Garden. The happy hour drink specials were terrific too. Will do this again.Special Features:
- Yummy!spicy13VIPDined on 9/14/2014Similar to the other Westville locations, it had great food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Perfect SpotTexinNYCDined on 9/14/2014This little spot is great for a casual weekend brunch. The staff is friendly and the menu is full of good comfort-food favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!bshahDined on 9/7/2014The polenta fries + brussel sprouts were amazing. I loved the challah french toast as well; menu was extensive so there was something for everyone. The service was absolutely lovely. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great for familiesDugBVIPDined on 8/31/2014As out-of-towners, we weren't sure where to eat after visiting the Children's Museum of Art. From the outside, it didn't look particularly kid-friendly, but someone at the museum suggested otherwise. What a find! Lunch for kids was healthier than most places and the chicken burger was delicious! If you have kids, try out the app on the kids placemat - it's so cool! It makes their drawing come to life.Special Features:
- Delightful BrunchMBCODined on 8/31/2014We dined at Westville Hudson as a table of six. The staff was exceptional, our waitress was patient as we surveyed the menu and our water glasses were kept full. Our food was delicious, especially the veggie items, which we chose as appetizers. We will return for another brunch experience.Special Features:
- B SmithVisitDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a great menu that pleases both vegetarians & meat lovers. Their vegetable platters are amazing and so fresh. Appetizers came quickly & the portion was perfect for 6 people. Waitstaff was all friendly & the atmosphere was perfect- not so noisy you can't hear , but not so quiet you are scared to make a sound. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, affordableMerryDined on 8/12/2014Went here for a birthday dinner with a group of friends and it was delicious and didn't break the bank. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findEnjoyDined on 8/10/2014Fresh food, great selection of veggies and fun atmosphere makes this one of our favorite places to each in Soho/Hudson area. Nice prices too. Go, eat and enjoy. The trout was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The food here was absolutely fantastic. Fresh, light, flavorful, and satisfying. My party of three ordered the smoky mac n cheese, corn on the cob (grilled and served with parmesan cheese), a wide variety of assorted market vegetables, cobb salad, the burger, and each got our own desserts and everyone absolutely LOVED everything. They played good music and the restaurant was not too loud or overcrowded. Very quaint/cute place with high ceilings and windows for walls so you can feel like you are also outside. HIGHLY recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, friendly spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Second time here on trip to NYC, both times with a small group. Very friendly and relaxed vibe. The food is reasonably priced, good, and healthy. There are many veggie side dishes to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Great selection for vegetarians! Took family from out of town and they really liked my choice. Moderately priced and great for happy hour which was until 8pm on Friday night. I would definitely go back and refer others.Special Features:
- Great for large partyfoodiemomDined on 7/19/2014We had a party of 10 and they accommodated us beautifully. The food was great and brought to our table all at the same time. The bartender made sure my husband always had a martini in front of him!Special Features:
- Not GoodmmcrVIPDined on 6/28/2014I do not get the popularity of this place. I have been to two different locations, both of which were very busy, and each time everyone I was with said: "Why is this place so popular?" The food just isn't any good and definitely not worth a long wait of an hour or more. This is very average food overdone and under-quality. I tried it twice because I really wanted to see what the fuss was about, but I will not be going back again. Just a waste of time and money.
- Great tasting menu of vegetables!scottpfeifferVIPDined on 6/11/2014Service was delightful, and the food here is always great. The casual atmosphere is welcome as a break while on business trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014I love the vegetable plate, especially the yucca fries. The staff were really nice.Special Features:
- Food for vegetarians and friendsVeg4everDined on 6/1/2014This is our new favorite restaurant. Delicious veg options, inlcluding a vegan hot dog. My favorite are the mix and match "market plate" options of everything from zucchini with tomatoes and mozzarella to sauteed mushroom to polenta fries. Nice tribeca post-industrial feel to the location, and space to eat outside if the weather is nice.Special Features:
- Love all WestvillesLauragDined on 6/1/2014Westville makes really great fresh food. I love all of the Westvilles, but appreciate this one because it's more spacious which means not as long as a wait for deliciousness!Special Features:
- Vegetables really shineDiningwithfriendsVIPDined on 5/27/2014Westville has a great menu with broad appeal but it's terrific selection of seasonal vegetable sides (almost 20!) really distinguishes it. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysAnnieDined on 5/25/2014Westville is an excellent cafe/bistro that services in season delicious produce. They did an excellent job with our large group (10 people) and many specific dietary needs. Our food arrived exactly as ordered and in the perfect amount of time. Our drink glasses were never empty! I couldn't have been happier - especially at this price point and given the quality of ingredients.Special Features:
- Good, not great. Worth trying againNewyorkeatsDined on 5/24/2014The food was good- the best part being the homemade cookies for dessert. The selection of market sides was also impressive. However, the real deterrent was the service. I made a reservation for 3pm- the only one available for the day. When we got there we were the only people in the restaurant and they would not let us sit without our whole party was there. Normally I get that but- only. Ones. There. Secondly they were not very flexible with the menu options. Their limited desire to cater to the patrons bothered me some. However, they were still friendly and helpful. The food was worth coming back a second time for a second opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Westville Hudson reviews archive.
- Very accommodatingAliggggggDined on 4/26/2014Great service and care for a high maintenance group with vegan, wheel chair, picky eaters etc. the ramp outside les straight to our large table, plenty of space and truly wheelchair accessible. Great service, sides are amazing. Everyone loved the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This RestaurantJannyDined on 4/15/2014Great food, great service and overall a fun spot to dine!Special Features:
- Very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The food was amazing. Especially the veggies. We made an early reservation for our group of 8 in hopes of hanging out and talking before a show. It was 5:30 and the place was only half full and already the music was so loud we were shouting to be heard. Of course so was everyone else, which of course made it hard to hear the music, so they turned it up some more. You get the picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ingredients + great recipes!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2014I have been going to the other Westville locations for a couple years and enjoy their brilliant menu. They use fresh organic ingredients and have creative twists on classic menu items. I was glad to see the same great menu at the Hudson location! Also, this location is much more spacious and gets a lot of light through big converted industrial building windows. Great for brunch/lunch with friends. I was eating with a party of six and The only downside for me was the family crowd. This Soho/Tribeca area is a little off the beaten path, (so most likely you will be taking a cab), and the neighborhood is very family oriented. Sorry to sound like a jaded NYC club kid, but this is the height of gentrification here... and it is boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVickiDined on 4/1/2014Great food and atmosphere. The service was fast and efficient and the veggie burger was delicious. Definitely a great place to go with a group of friends for casual, reasonably priced dining! Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014Delicious and nutritious. The only problem is how loud it is inside the restaurant. You have to constantly yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, incredible coffeeEarlybirdDined on 3/21/2014Went to lunch with my daughter and friend. We had an early lunch reservation -- it wasn't crowded when we got there but I do recommend a reservation for any time after noon. Although we weren't rushed in any way, there was quite a crowd waiting to be seated by the time we paid our check. Service was friendly, attentive and timely. We ordered a vegetable platter which was fresh and tasty and our entrees were delicious and just the right size. One more thing -- if you like cappuccino, you must order it. It was the best I've had in along while.Special Features:
- Florescent light ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Florescent light ambiance. Dry food for everyone around a table of 8. Embarassing to bring an out of town visitor. Collectively agreed we will Never go to this west vill again.
- Westville Hudson FTWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014I invited a couple of NY friends to Westville Hudson to meet a couple of LA friends, and it was a winner all around! Everyone loved the food, in particular the vegetables. I could eat the vegetables all the time! My LA friends were still talking about it two days later. Plus the Happy Hour extended til 8p! A winner all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Our group had a great time at lunch. Very quick service!Special Features:
- Atmosphere was a bit odd.MediocreVIPDined on 2/9/2014Atmosphere was a bit odd. The restaurant feels like it's in an old warehouse but not in a cool way. Service was inattentive and food was just OK.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014This is one of our top go to places for everything. The food is fantastic. The service is accommodating and kind. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. A great spot for vegan foodies too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West SoHo Hot SpotMurgatroydDined on 1/31/2014Nothing fancy, but there's an excited buzz to this place that makes it more than the sum of its parts. The food is fresh and flavorful, with the most original touch being an exhaustive list of vegetable sides. I would definitely return when in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Solid food at a solid price pointTravelfriendsfoodDined on 1/17/2014I love Westville. The staff is unpretentious, friendly, helpful and the food is consistent. I'm lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant and a pescatarian---the menu caters to all. My carnivorous friends, vegan friends and wino friends can all convene for a delicious, casual dinner without complaint here. I am a Westville loyalist and recommend it to everyone. (I've only been to Huston location---love the staff there).Special Features:
- Always delicioushappyfoodieDined on 1/15/2014I love Westville and this location is by far the biggest. We reserved a table for four and we each got something different but equally delicious. I cannot say enough about their market vegetables, but neither can anyone else. Go here for good food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Almost don't want to reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/2/2014Almost don't want to review this because I don't want more people to find out about it. Westville food is always great, but the tiny hole in the wall restaurants are tough. This location is huge though. Great tables, great bar, easy, casual, and delicious. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- Vegetarians will love it here!WillajaneVIPDined on 12/30/2013Vegetables shine at this huge box of a place. Not cozy at all but they do veggies right and have a huge Choice. Everything else decent but not special. Monday night drinks special brings a young crowd .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New locationFoodieDined on 12/13/2013I've been to several Westville locations and decided to give the new location a go. It's very spacious. However, it took forever to locate our server. The restaurant was not that busy given the hour and we were greeted promptly, but after that she was MIA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCJ118Dined on 12/7/2013We went to Westville Hudson for my friend's birthday dinner. Eight of us were seated immedately with our reservation and served efficiently. The seasonal vegetable platters were delicious as a shared appetizer and the dinners were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.