10850 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidetavernla.com/
- Phone: (310) 470-1539
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Cohn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Westside Tavern offers 2 private dining rooms:
The Westwood Room, which can accommodate seated dinners of up to 66 guests or standing receptions for up to 100.
The Cedar Room accommodates up to 26 seated guests or standing receptions of up to 40.
The rooms can be combined to accommodate a seated dinner of up to 80 guests or standing reception of up to 150
The Westwood Room has a private full service bar.
Both rooms have Audio/Video Equipment
- Special Events: Westside Tavern’s two stunning private dining rooms incorporate modern and rustic elements to render a warm, residential environment that is equally suited for personal occasions and business entertainment.
A word from Westside Tavern
Westside Tavern is a social, urban-minded restaurant, featuring chef-driven California Tavern Cuisine alongside a complimentary selection of fresh cocktails, California craft beers and a boutique wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Westside Tavern - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Westside Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (70)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (15)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (5)romantic (3)Show More
- Another great meal at WTBananieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We made an impromptu get together with some friends and Westside Tavern is the first place we thought of to go. Great food, as always, great servers. It's always at the top of our list when we're thinking of places to go.Special Features:
- Another great meal at WTBananieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Westside Tavern is definitely our go-to place...for when we decide to eat out on a whim or even when we have it planned way in advance. There isn't a bad selection on the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- CasualWorthyReferralsDined on 4/25/2014When going to the Landmark, good place for dinner and movie. Nothing stands out.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Have been wanting to try this place but they don't take dinner reservations so we opted for lunch! Great service and the food was absolutely delicious! Starting off with the tempure green beans for the table - a must!! Had the veggie burger which was amazing and we all shared the donuts at the end for the table. Also a must! Will definitely be returning! Only gave it 4 out of 5 because our server was missing for the first 15 minutes!Special Features:
- Always a great mealBananieVIPDined on 3/29/2014We decided on lunch at the last minute at The Westside Tavern. We know we're always going to get great food and great service every time we dine there. Always like the new items that are added to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flatbreadNanaVIPDined on 3/28/2014All the food was delicious but the flatbread with artichokes, fava beans, roasted tomatoes and pesto was amazing. My granddaughter liked the tomato basil soup and grilled cheese. But I wish there was a children's menu available. The chicken soup was as good as any deli if not better. Service was just fair as we had to wait about 10 minutes prior to being approached by a waiter and the restaurant was not busy as it had just opened!! NO excuse for this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside TavernLarryBVIPDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant continues to serve wonderful food and fine drinks. The servers are friendly and helpful. This is a great place for a meal before or after a movie at the Landmark. Reservations are a good idea at lunch.Special Features:
- Always a winnerNanaVIPDined on 3/19/2014Terrific ahi poke and delicious grilled veggie and burrata sandwich. Service was quite good and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. We were able to get the booth we like too!! Would like to see some more new menu items.Special Features:
- Butter Poached Lobster RollPartyof5VIPDined on 3/8/2014Wow, my daughter thinks this is the best sandwich she has ever had. Big chunks of lobster in the buttered/grilled roll and when one piece ended up on the floor our gracious server brought her extra lobster to replace it - now that was service over-and-above what you'd expect. Our group of five was there on a Saturday afternoon around 1:30 and the noise level was such that we could actually talk to one another. The flat breads are yummy and the hummus is so delicious, you've got to try it. We also shared the chocolate bread pudding topped with ice cream - a perfect ending to a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!MerCysVIPDined on 3/7/2014Centrally located and presents well. A terrific place for a lunch meeting. The staff and the excellent menu make it a breeze to carry on our business and still feed our rumbly tummies!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service!tiramisuVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great for a meal before and after a movie or shopping at the Westside Pavilion. 3 hrs free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Biz Lunch SpotPamBaker91423VIPDined on 2/28/2014Great selections...wonderful food! Perfect location...the salads are awesome!Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousNanaVIPDined on 2/26/2014The food was great as usual, especially the salmon burger and burrata and artichoke salad. The waiter was professional and accommodating. We were seated at a front window booth, as I had requested.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. We'd goWendyDined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant. We'd go a lot more if they would take reservations past 4:45 p.m.Special Features:
- It's an easy place to havetravelforfoodVIPDined on 2/5/2014It's an easy place to have a meal if you go off hours or can wait to get in before or after the movies upstairs. They now take reservations for lunch, making it a go-to place to meet for business lunches. Lead off with the tempura green beans while people consider the rest of the menu and everyone will be happy.Special Features:
- Consistenly great!EricDined on 2/3/2014From the time you walk in to the time you leave, every staff members greets you, thanks you and makes you feel good. The food is excellent, nicely presented, the choices are for everyone from vegan to meat eaters. I set up a lunch meeting and it was a great place for having meeting. Our server gave us the right amount of attention while having our meeting. He was A+++++. Westside Tavern is consistently great in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside Tavern doesn't disappointCatosaurusDined on 2/1/2014I like this place for weekend lunches with friends. The food is well-prepared, there are good wines by the glass, as well as fun (and delicious) cocktails, the service is attentive, and it's quiet enough for lots of girl talk. Plus, there's 3-hours of free parking, and it's in the Westside Pavilion next to movie theaters and retail therapy. This time out I had a glass of sparkling wine, an Asian chicken salad, and a fantastic chocolate mousse (garnished with chocolate nibs). Delicious!Special Features:
- Very good place for a biz lunchsusipDined on 1/27/2014First time reserving on Open Table - no issues with my reservation. Food is consistently great - especially the hummus. Love this for business lunches as the food is just trendy enough but with some mainstays for picky eaters. Many, many guilty pleasures on this menu (DONUTS!!!) but easy to make some healthy choices too.Special Features:
- Nice for business lunchMangiaVIPDined on 1/8/2014A perfect meeting spot between Santa Monica and Century City. The Quinoa salad was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrific lunch or dinnerRobbieVIPDined on 12/23/2013Great spot in West Los Angeles to meet and eat. There's lots of menu possibilities to choose from. Convenient parking in the Westside Pavilion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!!!NanaVIPDined on 12/13/2013Incredibly delicious steak salad-steak done medium rate as requested. Excellent chicken, avocado,tomato and bacon sandwich-The best bacon I have ever tasted. Service was professional and efficient. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back, again and again!cathieloloVIPDined on 12/11/2013We shared 3 appetizers - mac & cheese (aka CRACK & cheese - OMG, so addictive!), brusell sprouts & green beans. All ah-mazing. I had the veggie goat cheese sandwich and it was even better than the crack & cheese! We each loved our entres. The place was PACKED but the service was excellent, as if we were the only ones there. This place is unbelievable, EVERY SINGLE TIME! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always order the chicken/avocadoDancerDined on 11/19/2013Always order the chicken/avocado sandwich with fries.....delicious. This time had dessert too....also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time for food and movieSandyjkVIPDined on 11/7/2013This very convenient restaurant has a varied menu, quick service and large room. Good for a quick meal or a leisurely one while attending the Landmark movie theater adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grope neighborhood restaurant tmonalisa4VIPDined on 11/7/2013The food and service was good but the noise lever was too high and it was very Hard to hear the person next to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!NanaVIPDined on 11/6/2013The artichoke flatbread and crab cake salad were quite good, but the daily special salad-Chinese chicken salad was a disappointment-very mundane with a tasteless, quite oily dressing. This dish should be improved or taken off the menu. Service was friendly and professional. This restaurant is always a winner! My favorite booth by the front window that I had requested was available which made me quite happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an OK restaurant.BogeyDined on 11/3/2013This is an OK restaurant. There is a need for them to update their menu offerings. Been the same for two many years now. Booth seats are torn should be replaced as sitting in a torn booth which has been patched over is not good for a supposedly upscale restaurant. Food is medicore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Location LocationGidgetGoesSeafoodVIPDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant is always packed given it's location (steps away from the Landmark Theater and the Westside mall). First time I used OpenTable to book here and was seated next to the kitchen door. NOTE TO OPEN TABLE: Why is that? We asked to move to a booth away from the door and they accommodated our request because a table opened up. Typically LA however: wait staff clearly have scripts or a face shot somewhere - visibly nonchalant, but decent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our lunch and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013We enjoyed our lunch and our friends did as well - Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the reservation with my account, is there a way that it could be credited to my account?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlyVIPDined on 10/30/2013Best cheese burger in L.A. and that is saying a lot...Special Features:
- Great service, terrific foodRobbieVIPDined on 10/30/2013And easy parking! Located in the Westside Pavilion, this restaurant is convenient, has good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchKRussVIPDined on 10/24/2013I had lunch with threebusiness associates and was so delighted that we could actually talk and not strain. The tables are placed a nice distance from one another. We all ordered something different, and everyone was delighted. I had the salmon entree which was served poised upon a bed of puree of butternut squash and a side of delcious crispy kale. The salmon was cooked to perfect and was so delicious I ate every bite, which is rare for me. This is the first review I've written, but just had to share how fabulous that salmon dish was. I can't wait to go back and have it again. Service was great as well. It's a great meeting place between Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Easy parking, too.Special Features:
- Always good!NanaVIPDined on 10/16/2013Food was delicious especially the beet and Burrata salad. Service was just fair and the cappuccinos were so cold we sent them back as they were undrinkable. This was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The incredible Chef has createdDeniseDined on 9/15/2013The incredible Chef has created an extremely delicious menue. A true delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingNanaVIPDined on 9/11/2013Food was okay (although the flat bread was not as tasty as usual) but the service was not up to the Westside Tavern's normal high standards. After the waiter brought us our food, he never returned to the table to ask if we needed anything. In fact, we had to ask another waiter to get some drink refills. This is not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not great. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/10/2013Service was not great. Had to ask for drink refills a few times and the waiter never checked back to see if everything was okay with our food.Special Features:
- Good Experience, Always PackedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2013A favorite restaurant in my neighborhood and very convenient for lunch/dinner before/after a movie at Landmark. But always busy, with intense energy and lots of noise. Service and everything was great--having a Open Table reservation makes all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be more flexible with the menuPamBaker91423VIPDined on 9/4/2013I wish that you were more flexible. My business lunch guest asked if he could have chili on his turkey burger, and the server told him, "No, I'd have to charge you for a full cup of chili. It's the policy here." He then asked if he could have a side of a truffle sauce, and she said," No, it's only for the special dishes." Whatever happened to putting the customer's requests first. If there is an additional charge, I understand that. But your policies and how the server dishes them out makes the customer feel uncomfortable asking...you're not dealing with an ego driven celebrity chef here. It's a burger for goodness sakes. And, the lunch crowd was light... Really, do you want to lose business?Special Features:
- What happened to old Westside T?DinerVIPDined on 9/1/2013Over the past several years, we have been going to the Westside Tavern as much as twice a month for lunch, and the food has most always been quite good. Sunday was very different. Omelets that were among the specials were tasteless and definitely nothing special. The Red Quinoa, which has always been moist and a taste treat, was dry and tasteless as well. Is there a new chef? Well get rid of him/her!! We'll go back one more time and hope that things have improved, otherwise, we'll be going to Nordstrom's for lunch after the movies.
- A constant pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013As usual, Westside Tavern continues to deliver the goods. Food was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.