10850 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidetavernla.com/
- Phone: 3104701539x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Cohn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Westside Tavern offers 2 private dining rooms:
The Westwood Room, which can accommodate seated dinners of up to 66 guests or standing receptions for up to 100.
The Cedar Room accommodates up to 26 seated guests or standing receptions of up to 40.
The rooms can be combined to accommodate a seated dinner of up to 80 guests or standing reception of up to 150
The Westwood Room has a private full service bar.
Both rooms have Audio/Video Equipment
- Special Events: Westside Tavern’s two stunning private dining rooms incorporate modern and rustic elements to render a warm, residential environment that is equally suited for personal occasions and business entertainment.
A word from Westside Tavern
Westside Tavern is a social, urban-minded restaurant, featuring chef-driven California Tavern Cuisine alongside a complimentary selection of fresh cocktails, California craft beers and a boutique wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Westside Tavern - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
Westside Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (68)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (20)special occasion (17)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (14)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (9)romantic (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- Fabulous!mickey67Dined on 9/20/2014I celebrated my birthday for the second year in a row at the Tavern. I did so because they have the tastiest burgers! I like my burgers well-done, which sometimes can dry out the meat. I don't know how they do it, but the burger is always nice and juicy. I almost asked for another burger to go. The hostess and wait staff are always so nice and efficient. My friend who accompanied me had never dined there before, but she has already decided to come back again! We may celebrate her birthday there as well. We had the peach cobbler for dessert which was "to die for".Special Features:
- luveditVIPDined on 9/12/2014Overall, the experience was good. The service was good as was the food. It is pretty noisy (as are most restaurants these days).Special Features:
- Westside Tavern is dependableLarryBVIPDined on 9/4/2014After a movie at the Landmark this is the perfect place to have a meal. The food is quite good and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGTomDined on 9/2/2014This is a great place for lunch, convenient for many. The food is always excellent and I feel good when I am there. The staff is upbeat, informed about the menu, specials, etc. It is also fine for dinner with an intelligent wine list and a good bar, but they only take reservations for lunch. I don't enjoy waiting for a table for dinner after a movie. So for me it is primarily a place to meet someone for lunch. Great for casual meetings.Special Features:
- Death of the partyAGoddessinLAVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good food. Nice waiter. Pathetic bartender. I asked for one of their cocktails (from their drink menu) with the sweetener on the side. Bartender said no, arguing that they've spent too much money on their formulations to deviate. We took our party elsewhere and had the same drink repeatedly.
- Sticker Shock!KamaainaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wow. $20 for a sandwich and fries at lunch?! Plus drink, plus tax, plus tip. Ouch!
- Good Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Went for a quick bite with my family... Nice menu selection, good portion sizes and the food tasted great... Service was a little lacking at times.Special Features:
- Good foodoverpricedVIPDined on 8/23/2014always nice food and drinks. The wine list is nice too. They were very accommodating of our baby- even put away our stroller in a safe spot while we ate.
- Always goodDocVimVIPDined on 8/22/2014The Westside Tavern is my go to place for lunch with friends and family. The food is always good and reliable and the service is always very prompt. The Salmon Burger is what I usually order, though sometimes I will go for the veggie burger. I often find that burger places are best defined by the veggie burger they make. If it is not good, then their burger is likely ok as well. WT's veggie burger is delicious.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch and movieBobbiDined on 8/17/2014Started with mimosas for brunch, and they were perfect. Had the corn flatbread recommended by the waiter and it was delicious. Would order it again next time. The roast chicken was very good, and ended with Cappucinos. A terrific brunch. Especially if going to an early movie at the Landmark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food.MarkDined on 8/15/2014This time I had the trout and it was prepared just right, crispy skin and tender inside over a delicious corn based vegetable chowder. Very tasty. The burger is always good, so is the french dip. It is a good lunch place.Special Features:
- Not consistent but give it a chanceGinaDined on 8/1/2014I ordered the steak cooked medium, and while the temp was correct, the steak was absolutely flavorless. The Server took it back without hesitation and brought out the special which was very good (Fried Chicken). I frequent this resturant, so I wasn't surprised that the Server was so accomendating, they always are, but I think that is a reflection of the management, because the resturants management practises are always A+. The Server however was not attentive, never refill our glasses with wine, slow to returning to the table to service us. However, I do recomend the resturant, just wish the Chef would be more consistent. The pudding is also a disappointment - tastes more like a brand muffin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside TavernLAResident1Dined on 7/29/2014The food is always great and so is the service. Recommend reservations if eating at noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Love this restaurant - diverse menu, food is always good; consistent quality. Courteous service. A great place to have a meal w/friends or alone -- at the bar, table or booth. Burger is to die for, delicious french dip, fantastic calamari, delicious lobster salad. Definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch Placestlopez12VIPDined on 7/23/2014Westside Tavern is a great half-point between Century City & Santa Monica. Loved the lunch menu options.Special Features:
- CachecreekDined on 7/22/2014I love Westside Tavern. I've only gone there as a regular for lunch, but never disapppointed in the food, service, ambience. Special thanks and kudos to their restaurant manager (I'm sorry I don't know his name) that covers the lunch shift during the week. He's incredible - efficient, focused, friendly and always paying attention to customers. And BTW, if you can find a way to keep the heirloom tomato, cucumber and watermelon gazpacho soup on the regular menu, you'd have a following!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious at the WestsideDocVimVIPDined on 7/17/2014The Westside Tavern is my go to restaurant to take my friends for lunch. It's easy to park at, accessible and delicious food and a price that won't break the bank. We like to split a lot of the food so we can try different things. Salmon burger is always delicious and the flat breads are a must. I am a little sad that they got rid of the lamb french dip, but I'll make do. :)Special Features:
- BebrVIPDined on 7/6/2014Small portions but tasty. Prices were a little highSpecial Features:
- Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/27/2014I have always enjoyed excellent service at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Meal....GigiDined on 6/21/2014A very positive dining experience! Our server was pleasant and very attentive. Food selection is vaired and our choices were excellent. Our entrees were appetizing and were very tasteful. Our order was taken quickly - questions answered and she checked with us during the meal. Definately would return to Westside Tavern again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!tiramisuVIPDined on 6/20/2014Came for lunch after a movie at the Landmark and lunch was great as always! Great food, service, ambience and comfort.Special Features:
- Good Solid Reliable PlaceBusterDined on 6/15/2014Came here for a UCLA graduation celebration lunch. Food choices were good because they appealed to various tastes and experiences. Nothing too exotic for the grandmas and out of towners but interesting enough for the foodies and younger guests. Service was relatively quick although they didn't fill water glasses with regularity. I would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2014I come here regularly to dine before seeing a movie upstairs, sometimes with friends or alone at the bar. The food is reliably excellent, and the specials are great. Very good bartenders, too. One of my favorite go-to spots on the westside.Special Features:
- decent food w/ attitudeprofessionalmomDined on 6/15/2014We went to Westside Tavern for Father's Day brunch/lunch. The food was decent, but the server seemed to be exasperated that we had a child with us (on Father's Day?). His attitude only warmed when it was nearing time for the check to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roger BEHRSTOCKRogerVIPDined on 6/5/2014Everything good. Noisy though XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccxccxxcccccccSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Westside Tavern reviews archive.
- Great Lunch SpotCarolynVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was just what we were looking for on this day. A lunch spot with delicious food and a range of choices from delicious trendy salads and soups, to a great burger!Special Features:
- FSUJennVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food and service were very good, although we went there for brunch and they only had one breakfast offering. If you are in the mood for lunch, this place is pretty good, but it's definitely not a brunch place. Also, it's in the Westside Pavilion mall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at WTBananieVIPDined on 5/10/2014We made an impromptu get together with some friends and Westside Tavern is the first place we thought of to go. Great food, as always, great servers. It's always at the top of our list when we're thinking of places to go.Special Features:
- Another great meal at WTBananieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Westside Tavern is definitely our go-to place...for when we decide to eat out on a whim or even when we have it planned way in advance. There isn't a bad selection on the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- CasualWorthyReferralsDined on 4/25/2014When going to the Landmark, good place for dinner and movie. Nothing stands out.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Have been wanting to try this place but they don't take dinner reservations so we opted for lunch! Great service and the food was absolutely delicious! Starting off with the tempure green beans for the table - a must!! Had the veggie burger which was amazing and we all shared the donuts at the end for the table. Also a must! Will definitely be returning! Only gave it 4 out of 5 because our server was missing for the first 15 minutes!Special Features:
- Always a great mealBananieVIPDined on 3/29/2014We decided on lunch at the last minute at The Westside Tavern. We know we're always going to get great food and great service every time we dine there. Always like the new items that are added to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flatbreadNanaVIPDined on 3/28/2014All the food was delicious but the flatbread with artichokes, fava beans, roasted tomatoes and pesto was amazing. My granddaughter liked the tomato basil soup and grilled cheese. But I wish there was a children's menu available. The chicken soup was as good as any deli if not better. Service was just fair as we had to wait about 10 minutes prior to being approached by a waiter and the restaurant was not busy as it had just opened!! NO excuse for this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside TavernLarryBVIPDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant continues to serve wonderful food and fine drinks. The servers are friendly and helpful. This is a great place for a meal before or after a movie at the Landmark. Reservations are a good idea at lunch.Special Features:
- Always a winnerNanaVIPDined on 3/19/2014Terrific ahi poke and delicious grilled veggie and burrata sandwich. Service was quite good and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. We were able to get the booth we like too!! Would like to see some more new menu items.Special Features:
- Butter Poached Lobster RollPartyof5VIPDined on 3/8/2014Wow, my daughter thinks this is the best sandwich she has ever had. Big chunks of lobster in the buttered/grilled roll and when one piece ended up on the floor our gracious server brought her extra lobster to replace it - now that was service over-and-above what you'd expect. Our group of five was there on a Saturday afternoon around 1:30 and the noise level was such that we could actually talk to one another. The flat breads are yummy and the hummus is so delicious, you've got to try it. We also shared the chocolate bread pudding topped with ice cream - a perfect ending to a delightful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!MerCysVIPDined on 3/7/2014Centrally located and presents well. A terrific place for a lunch meeting. The staff and the excellent menu make it a breeze to carry on our business and still feed our rumbly tummies!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service!tiramisuVIPDined on 3/1/2014Great for a meal before and after a movie or shopping at the Westside Pavilion. 3 hrs free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Biz Lunch SpotPamBaker91423VIPDined on 2/28/2014Great selections...wonderful food! Perfect location...the salads are awesome!Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousNanaVIPDined on 2/26/2014The food was great as usual, especially the salmon burger and burrata and artichoke salad. The waiter was professional and accommodating. We were seated at a front window booth, as I had requested.Special Features: