2211N. Frontage Road
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidecafe.net/
- Phone: 9704767890
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday 7:00AM - 11:00AM
Lunch: Everyday 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner:Everyday: 4:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Mike Irwin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We are the Valley's premier caterer. Big, small, on site, off site, from casual to fine dining we do it all! Catering for all occasions; corporate functions, weddings, rehearsal dinners, luncheons, breakfast, coffee, and just about anything you could think of. Our professional catering and culinary team can work within any budget to make you the hero of your next event. Don't be fooled by our competitors catering can be extremely affordable. We look forward to making your event the talk of the town!!
A word from Westside Cafe
The Westside Cafe is Vail's best casual restaurant; voted best breakfast, best lunch, best casual dinner & best family dinner by the Vail Daily and the top review sites. The food is inspired by the excellent family cooking that we all grew up with, American comfort food done just right. You'll feel at home while enjoying a great meal in our relaxed, 'Vintage Vail' themed dining room and bar. Our renowned Chef, Mike Irwin has created a casual menu that keeps our locals and out of town guests coming back again and again. We offer extensive menus, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with something for everyone. Our comfortable bar and great happy hour is a local tradition! Happy hour runs from 3-6 pm daily features; $3 ice cold draft beers, $3.95 glasses of wine, 25% off bottled wine , 50% off appetizers $5.95 margaritas, bloody marys, and martinis. Come in relax, smile, and forgot about pretentious Vail for a while. 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Westside Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great good with excellent waitressBarbiuDined on 8/8/2014The bacon wrapped tots were soooo yummy. Our waitress was very attentive and cool. I suspect she's a snowboarder when she not working at the cafe. She just had that kind of vibe. We enjoyed our dinners and definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedcampianoVIPDined on 8/3/2014We read reviews that this was a special place. We sat through an afternoon thundershower while we ate and that was the only thing memorable about our visit. The barbecue sauce tasted bottled, the cole slaw was coarse and the dressing tasteless, and the fish tacos were undistinguished. The Sweaty Betty beer was great however.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The waitresses are amazing at the Westside Cafe. They all work very well together to make sure your needs are being met. We all enjoyed our meals from the Veggie Eggs Benedict to the Strawberry Chicken Salad. We'd definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening of diningNancyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Westside Cafe is great for what it does--good food at good prices. The waitstaff is personable and attentive. The menu has sufficient variety to satisfy everyone's needs/desires.Special Features:
- Delish!yumyumDined on 7/11/2014Hamburgers, dessert.... all fabulous! Friendly staff too!Special Features:
- Give it a second chancetravellerDined on 7/4/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. The food was fine. Could have been hotter temperature wise. The service was poor. Our food was late, came out at different times, and they seemed to forget we'd not been all served. They apologized and explained they had new cooks and they weren't on the same page, but still..... Anyhow, it's a good location and the food was good enough, I'd give them one more chance. They did at least take something off the billI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food for reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014This is the second time we have eaten at the Westside Cafe in Vail. It is a basic but quaint interior and often quite busy. Our first time there it was for breakfast, which was quite good. This time it was for dinner, and it was again solid. The buffalo meatloaf was a hit, as were the burgers. We also had the beet salad which was tasty. Definitely worth considering in Vail when compared to places that are much more expensive.Special Features:
- Vail home style eateryNews4UVIPDined on 6/29/2014Casual relaxed friendly Unpretentious restaurant A perfect family spot kids Menu Western decor part of holiday Inn but with separate entrance Frequent diners can get a rewards point cardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Westside Cafe reviews archive.
- Very fresh, tasty, inexpensiveBigdaddyDined on 4/2/2014Well worth driving to. It's good to know that a place such as this exists at Vail. Reasonable prices- $5 for a glass of wine. Very good, fresh food, unpretentious. Great, friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great inexpensive local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/25/2014I have eaten out in Vail a lot and hadn't heard of Westside Cafe until recently. It's seen as a local spot for comfort food. I thought I wouldn't find something I wanted on the menu since I don't exactly know what comfort food is and I think of things I don't like. I went for dinner and had an excellent salad with chicken for my main dish and there was plenty to choose from. I almost ordered ahi tuna, which I would try next time. It is a nice contrast for me from the usual more trendy atmosphere in most Vail restaurants. I will return for sure!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseLisaDined on 3/25/2014Great burgers, fish and chips, fish tacos, and the sausage Mac n cheese was awesome! Very casual dinner to end a great day on the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for your moneyTenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/19/2014Portions are generous. We had dinner. I know breakfasts are good. Locals like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual GemLarryVIPDined on 3/5/2014Wanted to find a casual restaurant in Vail and we chose Westside Cafe. 1/2 price bottles of wines, Bison meatloaf, bacon wrapped jalapeño tater tots and chicken pot pie. This was a true gem. Great food, great service and comfortable setting. Went back next morning for an equally fantastic breakfast!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous breakfasts! DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014Fabulous breakfasts! Dinner was just as good. Will definitely go back next time we visit Vail. Easy to get to on public buses, just get off at the west vail mall stop. Just a 3 minute walk! Well worth it!!Special Features:
- Great prices for yummy foodSkichickDined on 2/13/2014I made a reservation online but when my party of 10 arrived, we were told that no reservation was received but that one had been canceled. Fortunately we were accommodated quickly. Our server was very efficient & willing to do separate checks. We will definitely be back during our next ski trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerDougDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I went to spend the night in Vail and found Westside. We were so pleased with our dinner that we made a point to return on Sunday morning for breakfast. There was a wait but it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual DiningdantVIPDined on 8/31/2013This is a great casual dining venue. It is an ideal place for families. The menu has something on it for everyone. Things we ordered were the prime rib dinner, burgers, fish and chips. Everything was quite good and very reasonably priced and our picky eater grand kids even were happy with their choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience...TraceyDined on 8/31/2013These guys do a great job! We enjoyed breakfast there this past weekend which was a very positive experience. Although we had a short wait to get in, it was well worth it. Our waiter was friendly and in spite of being busy, took time to make sure the food and service met our expectations. The helpings were both abundant and delicious. So impressed, we went back for dinner the following night...much more quiet atmosphere, but both the food and the service were again over the top!
- Ok, but nothing special. TookeatingoutDined on 8/22/2013Ok, but nothing special. Took a long time to get food and it was not busy.Special Features:
- Great palce to eat!KathyDined on 8/8/2013Great food, reasonably priced and fantastically friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner; good variety in menu and nice specials; great patio for bringing the dog; love to go here while visiting vailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed bagWoodswomanDined on 7/11/2013Our waitress was excellent. My partner got a burger that was actually cooked the way he requested . . . medium rare, . . which is unusual. The restaurant was out of the fish for Fish and Chips and for every other fish dish with cod. The Trip Advisor reviews raved about the bloody Marys, so I ordered one, chagrined to find that I was paying for a glass of BEER to go with it, no matter that I don't drink beer. No fish and chips so I just ordered a cup of pork green chile which was tasty but would have been better on a burrito or something. All in all, the waitress actually MADE the experience, but I left with most of my chile in the bowl, A mixed bag, yes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new fresh fish dishes,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2013Love the new fresh fish dishes, especially the grilled halibut with jasmine rice. I really wish they would bring back the braised short ribs this winter as they were awesome. I missed them this past winter and ate there less frequently as a result.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in the Vail Valley!KristenVIPDined on 3/24/2013Best bloody mary's in the Vail Valley!! And the service was super - really attentive and nice wit/conversation, too. The food was great - very flexible re: the menu and our dinner was awesome!! Great value, too!!Special Features:
- Great for a relaxed dinnerKateDined on 3/10/2013Great for a relaxed dinner after a day of skiing. The food is great and it will not break your bank as some of the other restaurants do in Vail.Special Features:
- Very good food. Not FINEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Very good food. Not FINE dining, however. Nice atmosphere and a great deli attached.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/27/2012Not a good restaurant. Good environment, but the food was not that great and the service was bad. Will not return. Not sure this place belongs on OpenTable.
- Strip mall parking lotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2012While the service was fast and attentive (almost empty on a Saturday evening in July), the food was good but not great, and it was overpriced for what you get. Portion size was fine, good eats for kiddos, decor needs an overhaul. I know it's "local", but it's kinda lame.Special Features:
- In a bad location and theyBirthdaybunchVIPDined on 6/30/2012In a bad location and they have no atmosphere. Food was just ok.
- We love Westside Cafe. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/13/2012We love Westside Cafe. It's consistent and there is always something to discover on the menu (thanks, Mike Irwin!). Their loyalty program is just an added bonus.Special Features:
- Westside is, by far, the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/31/2012Westside is, by far, the most overall good restaurant in the Vail Valley. So glad you guys are here :)Special Features:
- Disappointing for dinner -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2012Disappointing for dinner - I guess they need to stick to breakfast.
- We will definitely come back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012We will definitely come back. Varied menu, laid back environment, and family friendly. Heard breakfast is excellent.Special Features:
- Server informed us she didPlanetRVIPDined on 3/10/2012Server informed us she did not feel well and was in a bad mood. Pretty much says it all.
- we went here for dinner andPickypickyVIPDined on 2/29/2012we went here for dinner and the food was pretty good. relative to the other dining options in vail, this is a good value. the food is good at reasonable prices (relative to vail prices). we hear the breakfast is the best but we weren't able to get there.Special Features:
- Great family friendly restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2012Great family friendly restaurant right of I-70. The food here is awesome, especially the breakfast.Special Features: