4117 State Hwy 27 East
Alexandria, MN 55124Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewestonstation.com/
- Phone: 3207636677
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private party or event coming up? Simply give us a call, we can create a menu sure to please everyone.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, groom's dinner, showers or other special event, every day is a good reason to come home to Weston Station. For larger groups of 25 or more, reserve the Empire Room, our back of the train private room. Call us to see how we can serve your event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Belinda 3207636677
A word from Weston Station
Your experience begins in a restored 1950 railroad dining car. Imagine fine dining as it was in days of old, or be seated in an open kitchen concept dining room as you watch our chefs prepare your dinner. Our chefs create unique and exceptional food you won't find anywhere else. Located in Alexandria, Minnesota, 3 miles east of downtown on County Rd. 82. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Weston Station - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Weston Station reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very Average dining experienceLaurieBDined on 8/23/2014We were staying in the Alexandria area for an Anniversary weekend and I was looking for a special place for dinner. Weston Station looked so good on the website, but the food was pretty average. My husband's baked potato was hard and my twice baked was dry, only lukewarm, and not nearly the flavor I would have expected. Our steak was no better than what we could have grilled at home ourselves. For an average night out, the food was good, but nothing special. I expected a cut above for the price we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale menu that falls shortjbaumDined on 8/17/2014The onion soup is very good, however, ours came out just warm. My shrimp was overcooked, as was my wife's pasta. My wife stated she did not like her shrimp and pasta dish. The server (owner?) said they were experimenting with the dish. Why do we have to eat their experiments. The service was very good, as there were only two tables seated. It may be a good value, if you use a restaurant.com deal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was good but quite overpriced...plating was very unappetizing. My alfredo side should have been in a separate serving dish so as not to get mixed in with the steak blood/juices. Prices were very high for portion sizes and quality of food. Overall quite dissatisfied with the experience for our anniversary. My wife also felt quite pressured to purchase a glass of wine from our server. We likely will not return. We had been to this restaurant once before about nine years ago and the experience at that time was fantastic...sadly not the case this time.
- vacation highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Smith Lake Resort recommended you they were right you were great. See. You next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementgirl2jazzDined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch. We were very disappointed. Food appeared to be store bought and reheated. Quiche was small and dried out. Desserts were probably old and not good. A few may have been okay. Not a very pleasant atmosphere. Lower level had a loud fan which made it impossible to have a conversation. upper level was okay for hearing. We won't go back. Too many other good places to eat.
- Dining experienceAnnieDined on 6/5/2014We recently enjoyed a very nice evening meal to celebrate a family members birthday who lives out of state at the Weston Station. So nice to see some unique items on the menu and their home baked bread is THE BEST! If you're looking for a place out of the ordinary, you must try the Weston. Very personalized service and great food!Special Features:
- Interesting locationImpresarioVIPDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed meeting the owner and hearing her stories. The fish was good, spinach excellent. Great for an evening adventure as we were from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Weston Station reviews archive.
- SurpriseCollegeKidDined on 1/13/2014Was looking for a good steak place in an unfamiliar town, and saw this come up on OpenTable with mixed reviews. Decided to take a chance, and was pleasantly surprised. The food was great, service excellent, and atmosphere relaxed. Will go back next time I am in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersTamtamDined on 12/13/2013We made reservations to celebrate a birthday and we weren't disappointed. We all enjoyed the special that evening. The food was very good and the service was the same Wwe have been wanting to try this restaurant and we were happy we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBirthday61Dined on 11/8/2013Hope we didn't get too loud for the rest of the patrons....we had a good time.Special Features:
- The food was very good anddutheduDined on 10/12/2013The food was very good and the service was excellent. The owner of the restaurant came around with appitizer samples the chef had prepared. Great old train car made for a nice atmosphere. Nice menu with something for all appetites.Special Features:
- We brought friends from TexasDoglegDined on 8/17/2013We brought friends from Texas for a special birthday dinner. We had terrible service!!! Steaks were not done as ordered and had to be sent back. Do not intend to return to this restaurant.
- Back for MoreKroneyDined on 6/11/2013We were first time diners at Weston Station, out to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary. We'll be back several times before our 48th. Great history in the old railroad car, great atmosphere, excellent food (chicken marsala and walleye, and a free dessert for the occasion), and off-the-charts-service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013The service was good, however I ordered the small sirloin steak and it was the toughest steak I have ever had. I would not recommend the restaurant. Food was not worth the price. The soup was good.
- This place has gone to thedpassDined on 5/11/2013This place has gone to the dogs since the Weston's left. I will not spend another dime in that place or any other run by the current owner.
- As usual, great food madeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013As usual, great food made even better by the excellent service in an intimate setting.Special Features:
- Great meal and service. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great meal and service. Had the walleye and one serving at our table noted a few bones. Our second time at this dining location and will stop again as we travel in this area for sure. Try the augratin potatoes for sure they are special.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013If you are looking for good food, this is the place. The steaks are absolutely fantastic, and so was the lobster. Based on a request made in our online reservation, a table to accommodate our needs was in a great location for us. A complimentary dessert was given for our anniversary celebration. There are some obvious regulars who go there, and it is easy to see why. The staff are friendly and helpful. At another table, the waitress remembered favorite orders and preferences. In fact, a week after we'd been there one recognized me in a totally different setting. There are some lovely selections for fine dining. For early bird dining, there are fantastic dishes at very reasonable prices. I highly recommend Weston Station.Special Features:
- We love Weston Station! AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We love Weston Station! Always wonderful food and great service. Steaks are out of this world and cooked to perfection each time we come! We brought a couple of newbies this time and everyone left very pleased and satisfied! We will be back:-)Special Features:
- Overall the meal was fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Overall the meal was fine. BUT The garlic mashed potatoes were mealy, watery and flavorless. The grasshoppers were slushy and not creamy (yuck).
- Seemed a little under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Seemed a little under staffed but it was probably the busiest holiday of the year for dining out ( Valentines Day ).Special Features:
- This has become our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013This has become our favorite "date night" place. Service is exacting and the food is prepared correctly!!!Special Features:
- Dinning at Weston StationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Dinning at Weston Station was a great way to kick of our New Year's Evening! Thank you.Special Features:
- A delightful evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012A delightful evening with seating in the train car. The food and wine were excellent. One of our party of four, commented that it was the best walleye he had ever eaten. We all enjoyed our meal, excellent service, and dessert was amazing. My birthday celebration dinner will be fondly remembered. We will be "all aboard" for a return visit to the Weston Station. Yes, indeed!Special Features: