11942 Roe Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westchasegrille.com/
- Phone: 9136635400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Westerhaus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: WestChase Grille has two private spaces available that are sure to provide the perfect setting for any private function. Accomodating groups ranging in size from 6 to 56, these art gallery styled spaces will set just the right mood for your event. Best of all, we don't charge a booking fee.
- Private Party Contact: John Westerhaus 9136635400
- Entertainment: We feature live music five nights a week (Wed-Sun) with favorite local artists, like Lonnie McFadden, Kerry Strayer Trio with Joe Cartwright, Angela Hagenbach, Monique Danielle, Rick Bacus Trio, Stephanie Laws and Friends, Terry Hancock Band and J Love.
A word from WestChase Grille
WestChase Grille specializes in serving upscale comfort food. The décor is warm, elegant and inviting, with live music five nights a week (Wed - Sun). Chef/ Owner, John Westerhaus, trained at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, graduating with honors in both their cuisine and pastry programs. The lunch menu offers great salads, homemade soups, a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, as well as lunch size portion entrées. The dinner menu has something for everyone including: Certified Angus™ Beef steaks, highly acclaimed seafood, chicken, pasta and nightly specials that showcase items such as: rack of lamb, veal and duck. WestChase Grille’s wine list has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” two years in a row. Additionally, there is a full bar serving great martinis, house cocktails, bottle and draft beer. Guests may bring in their own wine and enjoy it with a nominal corkage fee. The fabulous food and drink is complimented by a friendly and knowledgeable wait staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
WestChase Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food and service wonderfulTERRYVIPDined on 3/16/2013Food and service wonderful as usual. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- My friend and I had a wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013My friend and I had a wonderful, peaceful dinner here. The ambiance was very romantic with the jazz music and the lighting.Special Features:
- The food was good and theLLW51VIPDined on 3/15/2013The food was good and the waiter attentive, but we did not enjoy the band in the dining room. It made it very difficult to carry on a dinner conversation. When we go out for a nice dinner, we want to be able to talk to each other without feeling like we are shouting.
- the best restaurant in Kansas City.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013A great dining experience with fantastic food a view of the kitchen and live music in the background what more could you ask for. The food here is among the best in all of Kansas City.Special Features:
- Great Music. Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Great Music. Great service and great music can't be beat. Thanks!Special Features:
- As usual food always good.BettyVIPDined on 3/9/2013As usual food always good. Good wine. Overall experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Scallops & risotto were veryKcjenbDined on 3/9/2013Scallops & risotto were very good. Husband said it was the best cooked and flavored steak he'd had out at a restaurant in a very long time. Service was slow to start, but then very helpful & thorough. Live band was amazing!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood/local atmosphereAvdtrvlrDined on 3/9/2013Great neighborhood/local atmosphere place to dine. Food was excellent and served piping hot from the kitchen. Good wine list.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013My wife and I had a perfect time dining and listening to very good music. Food that night was the best we have had at your grill. Thank you for a great evening. Jerry CampbellSpecial Features:
- We always enjoy WestChase,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2013We always enjoy WestChase, particularly the live music. This time we were sat at a "comfortable" distance from the live music such that we could still have good conversation. The food is always delicious. The $20 uncorking fee is a little steep. Overall, a good experience and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Our first time here. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Our first time here. We were really impressed with the food and service. Surprised to find they actually know how to cook an extra rare steak, it was perfect. Not surprised because they could do it, surprised that in this town of meat eaters no one can really do it properly. The mushroom flatbread appetizer was really good.Special Features:
- Crab cake was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Crab cake was outstanding. Calamari very good. Caesar salad had too many croutons. Coconut creme pie was disappointing...consisted mostly of whipped cream with little coconut creme filing. Owner was a minor annoyance as he wouldn't allow my friend and I to sit side by side in the bench seating. Seemed like this would have been ok as there was plenty of space. However, he insisted this couldn't be allowed. He should spend more time evaluating his meals (coconut creme pie) rather than imposing petty personal peeves on his customers.
- My husband and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013My husband and I had a wonderful evening at the restaurant. The food was delicious along with the service. We'll be coming back.Special Features:
- I took my wife to dinner forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I took my wife to dinner for her birthday, and we greatly enjoyed our meal and the ambience of the restaurant. The soft lighting in the restaurant was perfect, and the jazz band performed music that was not too loud and intrusive for conversation, but provided excellent jazz tunes that contributed to the warm atmosphere on a wintry evening. Our waiter was friendly and helpful, and he had a good sense of humor. My wife had the Altantic Salmon and I had the Swordfish. Both were delicious and cooked just right. Our dessert (Chocolate Torte) was a wonderful finish to the meal.Special Features:
- Once again we had a relaxingBaconsMomVIPDined on 2/23/2013Once again we had a relaxing dinner at WestChase. Our filet mignon with Bernaise sauce was perfectly cooked and the Caesar salad was crisp and delicious (I asked for anchovies on mine). The key lime pie wasn't quite as good as a few weeks ago, but we still polished it off. We ate early, so the music had just started when we finished, but it was wonderful as always. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- This is the first time myFoodieDined on 2/15/2013This is the first time my wife & I dined at Westchase Grille. It was a pleasant experience especially with the live music that was easy to hear without interrupting our conversation. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Very bad service. Waiter broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Very bad service. Waiter brought a different appetizer in the beginning and then messed up the order. The store was not busy there were only two families and three waiters. So no excuse. Will not recommend to anyone. Food was okay nothing special or tasty
- Third visit here. ImprovedhollywoodDined on 2/14/2013Third visit here. Improved alot. Great food. Busy. Service lagged at times. Great music trio.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day dinner. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Valentine's Day dinner. Food was very good. Band was great. They need to seriously upgrade/train their wait staff... poor communication skills and no follow-through. I'd go back and I would recommend except for really poor service. Honestly, the wait staff at any Applebee's is better.Special Features:
- We enjoy WestChase frequently;BaconsMomVIPDined on 2/14/2013We enjoy WestChase frequently; it never disappoints. Great food, good music, an attentive Exec Chef/owner. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- IckOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013The food was awful. I ordered a roasted chicken and risotto dish. The chicken wasn't butchered properly. I ended up with half a breast and other parts I couldn't identify. The risotto was undercooked. The pieces of rice were hard and chewy. I told the waiter. He brought me a similarly undercooked side of risotto. This was the second time I had been to this restaurant. The first time wasn't quite this bad but was bad enough that I stayed away for years. I thought I'd give it a second chance for Valentines Day. Big mistake.
- My wife and I celebrated Valentine'KenMDined on 2/14/2013My wife and I celebrated Valentine's Day at the West Chase Grille. Wonderful time, great food, great service. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceDelightedDined on 2/12/2013Outstanding food and service once again. Went on 2/12 for an early Valentine's Dinner with my wife. Probably our 5th or 6th trip to WestChase. The food is wonderful, the wine list impressive, and the service is always top notch. Would heartily recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent service and greatSRAE216Dined on 2/12/2013Excellent service and great food. The spinach salad with warm apple slices was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- this is the third time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2013this is the third time that i have been there in the last couple months and by far the most disappointing, my steak was overcooked, caesar sald was tasteless and service was mediocore at best, you asked if it was a special occasion when i made the reservations and we told the waiter when we were seated that this was a 90th birthday dinner but the restaraunt did nothing for the occasion, very disappointing and will not go back again
- Good food, quiet live music.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We enjoyed our dinner very much . I had the half chicken and my husband had the special which was also a chicken special. We enjoyed the pumpkin pudding dessert with ice cream and whipped cream. We sat very close to the music but the music was soft enough that we could carry on a normal conversation. I would recommend this WestChase Grille for a very enjoyable night out.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely wonderfuldeedeeDined on 2/8/2013The food was absolutely wonderful -- everything was amazing. The ambiance was perfect, and the floor to wall windows added to the overall aesthetics; live music topped off the wonderful experience. I had the filet which was one of the best I have ever had, my husband said the same thing about his salmon. I also want to point out - the house salad should never be missed.Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurant.cherylVIPDined on 2/7/2013This is a beautiful restaurant. My salmon was cooked was delicious. Will definitely stop by again.Special Features:
- Enjoy the neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2013Enjoy the neighborhood gem John has crested. Menu changes occasionally is refreshing. Wait staff is always pleasant, helpful and knowledgable regarding menu items. A great place to go and enjoy some relaxing music while enjoying a delightful meal. Always enjoy Lonnie McFadden.Special Features:
- Not going backRachaelDined on 1/29/2013Our service here was terrible. The waiter seemed like he couldn't get away from our table fast enough and when we asked for a recommendation on the food he said "we have good steak, prime rib, fish" so basically the whole menu was his recommendation. When we got our food it was not good. The potatoes tasted old, like they had been reheated from days before, this was for the mashed and the potatoes au gratin. The prime rib was ok but very very bland and I tasted the filet mignon and it was burnt when it was supposed to be medium. We have been going here about once or twice a year for special occasions for the past few years but this last visit was so bad that we will not be going back.
- Our server seldom come overOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013Our server seldom come over to our table of 2 to wait on us. When he did his attitude felt like he didn't want to talk to us. Our food was good as always.
- the food was very good...goodSteveinkcDined on 1/26/2013the food was very good...good value for the price. we really enjoyed the trio that was playing, they added a nice touch to our evening. this is a real good place to go, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Food is always good. ServersBettyVIPDined on 1/25/2013Food is always good. Servers remember you and state drink order by memory. Enjoyable.Special Features:
- Friday night music was specialseniorgluttonVIPDined on 1/25/2013Friday night music was special treat, provided you dont have a table too close to the band as the venue is small for that much sound. Excellent music, although emphasis on Oldies.Special Features:
- We loved it before. ButOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2013We loved it before. But we went Friday of Restaurant Week. We took advantage of the special menu. It was disappointing. I could not eat my main course: smoked salmon with pasta. I am pretty sure that it was because of Restaurant Week that the food was disappointing. Previously, we have had delicious dinners there with the trout.
- This was the first time myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013This was the first time my husband and I had eaten there. We found our filets to be wonderful and wonderfully cooked. The wine list was good. Very romantic setting especially with the live music. I really liked the music and was glad it was not too loud. We were able to carry on a conversation and still enjoy the music.Special Features:
- Great time with friendsC12345VIPDined on 1/24/2013We were introduced to this restaurant within the past year and have made it one of our favorite.Special Features:
- I was so impressed with thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013I was so impressed with this restaurant that I wrote a letter to the owner. The food is exquisite, the service is impeccable, and the restaurant is lovely. I LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:
- Waitress made several recommendatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2013Waitress made several recommendations about things to avoid on the menu which is always a red flag. They were out of the Verne brûlée and the coconut cream pie was subpar.
- Good food not as food service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Good food not as food service. Our server seemed flustered and was not knowledgable.This is different than last time where not food and service were impeccable. We will probably give it one more shot to see what is the real experience... So we will see.Special Features: