6714 N. Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westbar.com/
- Phone: (405) 607-4072
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: West offers a private dining room with two flat screen televisions and fireplace. If desired, the patio adjacent to the private room may also be reserved.
- Private Party Contact: Kortney Haynes 4056074072x
A word from West
West is a contemporary American restaurant with a menu sure to please every palate. Our focus is outstanding cuisine and fine wines. We have a full bar, both a smoking and non-smoking patio (with fire pit), as well as a private dining room with fire place. West is the perfect spot for lunch with friends, a post-work cocktail, or dinner with the family. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
West reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (25)great for lunch (25)special occasion (21)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great Place for a Business LuncheonMichelle56VIPDined on 11/18/2014I like West for business lunches. It's easy to get a table for large parties. The menu accommodates those who want to order, say, the kale salad, and those who want a big plate of pasta. Also, the servers know how to be attentive without interrupting a meeting flow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd finish to a Great MealRogiesAngelDined on 11/15/2014We had a really nice dinner, the sesame Ahi tuna appetizer was fantastic. Followed by the Texas Red Fish entree, which was perfectly blackened. Then unexpectedly we were served Cotton Candy to finish our meal, given the high quality of everything else this was simply an odd finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereOKCfoodieDined on 11/14/2014We come here once a month or so just to treat ourselves with good food. I love the atmosphere, which is what attracts us to the restaurant. Parking is just alright, if you can't get a spot adjacent to the restaurant, you have to park up a hill that's kind of a distance away. We started our meal with Zuccha chips which were delicious as usual. I almost always get the house specialty risotto, which is usually delicious. This time, I asked for my tenderloin medium rare, and it was barely seared on the outside. I wish I could upload a picture. I'm not picky about how my meat is cooked, and I'd rather have it undercooked than overcooked, but this was as rare as I have ever seen. It was covered in a sauce (I don't recall this dish being covered in a sauce before) and it looked like the rare parts (which was all but 1/8" around the outside) were intentionally covered in the sauce. Anyway, despite that, we had a good time. I took the leftovers home and cooked the remainder of the tenderloin in a hot skillet the next day. I also got a vodka drink with cucumber and strawberries, it was delicious!!!! My husband got a steak and also enjoyed his meal very much. The brussels sprouts were delicious. As always, the cotton candy meal ender is a treat and so unusual. We always love that the flavor of the cotton candy is different each time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at WestcwtmktVIPDined on 11/9/2014Average brunch. 2 eggs good, chicken fried steak good, potato cakes were thin over cooked hash browns, I like food salty -biscuits were so salty I could not eat.
- Disappointed.BirdmanDined on 11/8/2014Was a favorite in the past. Arrived 10 min. early for reservation and were given a poor table. Complained and even though we were ahead of other reservations, still given a mediocre table. Entre was good but not what was ordered. Had to ask three times for a wine chiller. Unlikely to return.
- Terrible ExperiencejstemmonsDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I decided to try West once more. We took our 2 girls (9&6 yrs) this time. The table had not been properly cleaned off and my husband got ketchup on his shirt upon sitting down. From the start the waitress was clearly less than thrilled to have children at her table. Our 6 yr old ordered bow tie pasta w/red sauce. The sauce was spicy (I tried it.) I asked the waitress if she could get plain pasta and she argued the sauce wasn't spicy. She sourly granted our request. We once again inconvenienced the waitress when we asked for refills. Very disappointing and expensive dinner for this family that dines at the best restaurants in OKC weekly. We definitely do not recommend this restaurant and definitely will not be going back.
- LauraVIPDined on 11/1/2014Lovely restaurant, great service & wonderful food. Yummy martini. Hubby is very picky about his fish & it was perfect. Going back this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmStew52Dined on 11/1/2014This last visit wasn't quite up to par for West. The filet was under-cooked, asked for medium rare, got rare, and yes, she asked me to cut into it, but I hate doing that. Sending a steak back for more cooking ruins the tempo of the meal. Just get it right the first time! Not a particularly good cut of filet either. My date had the seared ahi tuna; it was served lukewarm at best. Our server didn't know all the specials, and the one she did recall was a striped bass. I asked her if it was a local striper; she didn't know. The waiter at the table behind us correctly identified it as a sea bass... C'mon West, you're better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the norm...velvetminiDined on 10/12/2014Normally we have been very happy with our experiences at West, but overall the food on our latest visit was quite disappointing. We may wait a bit before giving it another chance.Special Features:
- New menu is a downgradeGymcat360Dined on 10/11/2014Very un satisfied with the new menu. Our family used to live this place because everyone could find something to eat- vegans and meat eaters alike. New menu is definitely disappointing.Special Features:
- ALWAYS Great !SirEatsALotDined on 10/9/2014Not the EXCELLENT experience at WEST !! Chef Eric Smith and owner Rick Haynes know how to keep their diners coming back !Special Features:
- Redfish!eat2liveDined on 10/3/2014Had the redfish which I am told will be put on the menu soon was fabulous with the Kale, and the brownie sundae we Shared .....Thanks to our sweet waitresses suggestion......always a nice evening.! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Bland beef!niteontownDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the risotto and 14 oz. Ribeye and both looked amazing on presentation but we're bland to the taste. The service was horrible. He forgot our drinks several times. Not satisfactory for the price. Not sure how this made the top list last year. Atmosphere was cool.
- Great food!AmmrVIPDined on 9/26/2014Salmon pasta & zucco chips are amazing!! Loved the cotton candy treat tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereTaste2dye4Dined on 9/22/2014The atmosphere was very soothing, the waiter "Cali" was very polite and gave us a great amount of time to talk with my date and preferred an exquisite wine that my date found brilliant. Very romantic for a first date and relaxing. With a touch of business/casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was so excited...IloveMeatDined on 9/19/2014Then they were out of quail eggs so no $20 burger...then my tuna was just icky...then my salad was too salty...then my grilled cheese only had cheese on 60% of it...then my onion rings were cold...then I left.
- Birthday celebrationvegfriendDined on 9/8/2014I love West. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. We can each have a very special meal--together. We celebrated my birthday at West last year and my husband's birthday this week. The food and service were great. We will certainly be back. Don't miss the homemade potato chips with blue cheese and balsamic. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okEasy2pleaseDined on 9/5/2014Food wasn't that great. Didn't like the bread which was like grilled Texas toast. No salad with meal. The desert however was great - the salted caramel brownie. No kids meals so spent $11 for an 8 year old on a just so so cheese pizza.Special Features:
- Good, but priceyStew52Dined on 8/30/2014Great steaks, but do we really need to plop them down on top of the mashed potatoes? If I have to explain why this shouldn't be done, well... Great filet though, and the mushrooms and reduction were superb. The Seghisio Zin was also good, but again, at $60, a bit pricey. I do like West, and will undoubtedly keep coming back, although I frequently find myself asking why...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Labor Day BrunchYumYum1VIPDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I enjoyed a quiet, Labor Day brunch on Saturday 8/30/2014. The restaurant, which did have patrons, was quieter than usual, due to the holiday weekend. We had a wonderful time eating and chatting in my favorite booth. The waitstaff was solicitous, but not intrusive. I ordered the tenderloin salad (my first time for that entree), which was just delicious…the meat was so tender it almost melted in my mouth. My friend ordered a burger. We both ate her french fries, which were well seasoned, not too salty and were actually a big enough portion for two. We talked for at least 2 1/2 hours before leaving. It was a delicious, relaxing, rejuvenating lunch encounter. Thank you, West!Special Features:
- Nice New SitefoodfanDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time at West. I was there with four other individuals. We were just friends getting together. The last time I recommended a restaurant, two of these individuals were not pleased. This time, everyone left very happy. The food was all really good. And the dishes looked good too. The desserts were also great. I recommended to one of my friends that this would be a great place to bring his wife. Nice job West. . . I just had one negative. I guess it would help if I lost a little weight, but in our booth, the seats were a little too soft so I sat a little low compared to the table. I realize that I am being extremely picky with this one but that is how well I liked your restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbartmanDined on 8/17/2014Brunch food was great. A bit on the more expensive end, but very good. My wife wanted a specialty coffee which they did not have (only espresso or regular coffee) and they only had 2 specialty drinks for brunch. She wanted something Red bull with alcohol, which they did not have. But we'll be back. Great atmosphere and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Disappointing visitTheAdmiralDined on 8/16/2014We visit West fairly often( once/month) and were disappointed by the entrees and the noise level. The Personal Meatloaf seemed steamed, had a pâté'-like texture and was tasteless, as was the "gravy" topping it. The Tuna, requested to be more well-done than the kitchen would usually do, was far too undercooked. The appetizers/ salad were satisfactory. The restaurant offered a complimentary dessert in apology for the Tuna. The overhead music speakers - directly over us- were often too loud, depending on the music playing- the same problem on our last visit. We'll re-visit West, but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchYumYum1VIPDined on 8/16/2014On Saturday, August 16th, I met a friend for brunch at WEST. The day outside, was overcast and dreary. Inside the restaurant, the service and the meals were hot and appetizing. The waitstaff was solicitous, as always, but not cloying. My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely brunch with attentive but unobtrusive service and left, two hours later, in a satisfied and happy mood. Saturday brunch at WEST has something on the menu for everyone. The prices are affordable and you can dine in privacy or publicly, because there are both booths and tables available. So far, I have been very happy with the variety of brunch choices on both sunny and rainy Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4Lifefood4lifeDined on 8/13/2014I was part of a group of 4 who dined at "West" on Wednesday Evening, Aug. 13th. I met a friend there @ 5:00 for drinks and appetizers and our husbands joined us later. Our service was Outstanding; Sarah was not hovering and knew exactly when to appear. I ordered the Tenderloin Risotto and found it very tender and flavorful. My husband had the Tenderloin Salad and I wish that I had ordered that menu item. His Tenderloin Salad had twice the Tenderloin and cost half as much as my Tenderloin Risotto. The Risotto was a bit too heavy paired with the Tenderloin. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. I personally found the Zucchini Chips to be a bit greasy. We had a booth and it was quiet enough that we could visit.Special Features:
- BravoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014food was appealing and tasty. Service was excellent and food delivery timely.Special Features:
- Very FinebaldeagleDined on 8/12/2014The four of us agreed that West was an ideal place to eat and chat. We get together often for meals and found West to be perfect for us.Special Features:
- Too much salt!SaildocVIPDined on 8/10/2014Has been a regular location for brunch. Tried the new crab cakes Benedict. Way too much salt! Could barely eat it. Have noticed that trend with all their food lately.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service, Loud AmbiancelividsquirrelDined on 8/8/2014We went to West on day 23 of a "Whole 30", and the server was extremely accommodating to our special dietary requests. The food was delicious, but it's hard to give an even-handed review of that when you ask them to leave off and modify all the recipes! We sat in the north addition, and it seemed like there were 2 large groups of 10-12 "20-somethings" who had come to West after work to drink and talk loudly. We were on a special date, including babysitting, so that didn't enhance the romantic atmosphere. However, very good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the RestMandyDined on 7/26/2014As a first timer to West, I didn't have any expectations.We arrived early to check out the bar. They have an unbelievable selection! The bar staff was top notch, standing back so you don't feel like they are even there but taking care of you the entire time. I also love the feel of this restaurant. It is very modern, without being cold, with a laid back, cozy ambiance. Now the most important thing: THE FOOD! Our waitress guided us so well, knowing we were first timers. She suggested the warm chips as an appetizer...Out of this world. I would suggest the beef tenderloin risotto, such a rich yet balanced entree. For dessert, we had warm cookies and milk and every table at West ends with cotton candy! Great experience, can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 390 reviews are from the West reviews archive.
- One of our favoriteschampDined on 7/5/2014Third time to visit. Not disappointed. The 1977 steak is the best and has been everytime we've come. We also got the fish tacos - amazing! And enjoyed the risotto. Finshed the meal with cotton candy that we don't eat anywhere but here. We ate early because we had a movie to catch. Sat in the front part of the restaurant - normally it's a little loud but it was perfect. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarlaDined on 6/29/2014We read a review in SLICE magazine and decided to try it. We loved WEST!!! Food was great! Service was great! Recommend trying the salted caramel brownie for desert--YUMMM!!! Plan to go back and try brunch tomorrow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RealtorFoodieRealtoronthetownDined on 6/28/2014One of my go to spots for dinner with friends. Good Food. Nice wine list. Good cocktails. In the neighborhood. Consistent. And the Zukie Chips are my naughty indulgence!Special Features:
- Dining Experience at West 6/20/2013NikkiDined on 6/20/2014We had a very nice experience at West. Our server Sam was very professional, knowledgable and courteous. She took great care of us, and I loved all the gluten free options you had available. My husband had no complaints on the food and with him being a chef that's pretty rare. Chefs are hard to impress :) Cotton candy at the end of the meal was a nice touch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening outeat2liveDined on 6/13/2014I wanted to celebrate my husband with all he had done last week and what better way than to make reservations at west! Yummy zucca chips, 20 dollar burgers and to top it off? The amazing bread pudding and dynamite cotton candy to boot! Needless to say we went home with our tummies full, satisfied and happy! Thank You!Special Features:
- Disappointed our foodie guestsWinston1969Dined on 6/7/2014Our guests from out of town are foodies and were greatly disappointed. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was bland, the sockeye salmon over mashed potatoes with sautéed spinach had almost no flavor. A fun family reunion regardless but food not best in town to show off OKC dining.Special Features:
- Another great Western Avenue placeJoMKessVIPDined on 5/24/2014First time at West. Not our last, either. We had reservations, probably not needed. Interesting decor. The Papardelle Bolognese was excellent, with the right amount of Italian sausage. The individual meatloaf had an interesting texture, not crumbly like your mom's but almost like a pate' in a loaf. The green beans were fascinating... not sure what they have in them but they'd get even the finickiest kids to eat right up. Excellent portion size. We passed on dessert but were brought a complimentary plate of cotton candy. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Awful ServiceSchallerDined on 5/2/2014The appetizer was delicious and our food was very good. We also really liked the cotton candy. I wish I could rate this restaurant higher but our server was AWFUL. He was so inattentive and it took over 45 minutes for him to even take our order.Special Features:
- First time and not the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014It was delicious! Loved the apps and the wine! Cotton Candy was cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety of menu itemsWestIsBestDined on 4/25/2014Enjoy this venue as it provides wonderfully prepared food that I would rarely cook myself. I've eaten here many times when coming to Okc to visit family and it is always superb in every way. Food. Service. Atmosphere. And price. This was my first lunch visit but I will be back for both dinner and lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.