West Side Steakhouse
597 10th Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
West Side Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidesteakhousenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 564-4803
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Ms. Ilona 2125644803
A word from West Side Steakhouse
West Side Steakhouse is New York City's newest hot spot featuring classic steakhouse dishes such as Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, slab bacon and dry aged premium steaks, just to name a few. Our new west side eatery combines the old world charm of a traditional steakhouse with a modern look. With its unique "Old New York City" motif, the West Side Steakhouse will have you dinning in comfort and style. From tantalizing appetizers, to our mouth watering steaks, we are sure to please even the most discriminating palate. So whether it's a night out with friends or an intimate dinning experience with that special someone, the West Side Steakhouse has what you are looking for at prices you can afford. West Side Steakhouse is conveniently located at 597 10th Avenue, between 43rd and 44th street, in the Clinton area a/k/a "Hell's Kitchen" steps away from the Theatre District, Times Square, and the USS Intrepid.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West Side Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)romantic (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)special occasion (17)notable wine list (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- A Great Steakhouse!JohnYVIPDined on 11/25/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal at reasonable prices. If you're going to one of the theatres on Theatre Row, this is the place to have dinner before - or after - the show. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatwktompkinsDined on 11/9/2014Great is all that's needed. Friend recommended the resturant and boy I'm glad they did. Steak was as good as you might get a Peter Lugers or Keen's at about 1/2 the price. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had dinner here before going to a show on 42nd street. I had a very tasty tender steak cooked perfectly, and she loved the sea bass in broth. We were not rushed, had great service and enjoyed the dinner very much. Will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, you get what you pay forLoversLaneDined on 11/8/2014The amazingly reasonable prices will keep me coming back. Server completely forgot an appetizer we had ordered and my steak that was supposed to be cooked medium was cooked medium well. A shame, because it was indeed a high-quality cut of meat. Hopefully next time will be a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014We were only in NY for a couple of days for a birthday (mine to be exact) and my friends were all getting in a different times. I booked a table for 6 for 7;30pm and had to change it to 8 for 8:30pm ... but the restaurant had no issues with it and we were treated like stars! outstanding food, fantastic service and we were even treated to a complementary drink to celebrate. Wonderful place and the owner was fantastic. would not hesitate to go back! A must eat spot !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014We had the porterhouse steak, which was amazing, the Mac n cheese was good, but the mashed potatoes tasted instant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy group mealNotusuallyareviewerDined on 10/26/2014We had a business group from out of town. Low key, good food, easy atmosphere and in the neighborhood. It worked out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house in ManhattanChrisBee64Dined on 10/19/2014Great atmosphere, good service, excellent meat. Enjoyable wine list. Reasonable priced. Would go there again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and reasonably pricedTinaDined on 10/11/2014I came here because a friend (with severe dietary restrictions) recommended it. We made a reservation the day of on OpenTable and got the nice window seat. I ordered the lamb chops, which were amazing. My boyfriend ordered the bass which was wonderfully cooked - golden and flaky. The other couple ordered the Steak for Two medium rare - It came out a bit on the rare side for my tastes. My friends thought it was better the last time they came, and complained it got cold too quickly (it came pre-sliced). The lamb chops and steak came with just meat, so be sure to order some sides. I loved the asparagus, and the fries were piping hot and wonderfully crispy. Overall we had a great experience, and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad servicedisappontedDined on 10/10/2014We came for dinner to celebrate a special event: myself, my husband, and two sons. When they came to collect our order only the three male at the table were asked what they would like to eat, when the waitress turned to leave I said that today (only :) I will eat too. After eating main course we ordered deserts but then realized that we all need to check the washroom. I explained this and asked to have the desert once we are all back, but deserts came while my son was still in the washroom, and moreover with totally melted ice cream. We found the service to be below standard in all aspects. Food-wise, the steaks were good, the fish was ordinary, and melted deserts were very bad. We will not come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Steakhouse that doesn't break the bank. Let's face it who wants to spend the $$$ at the well known and established steakhouses unless you use an expense account. Although this steakhouses' fare and ambiance is a notch below these established places it is not much of a difference. Thanks to Westside Steakhouse whenever I have a hankering for a good piece of steak without breaking the bank I have a place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Side SteakhouseStevieDined on 9/17/2014Interesting find. Small for a steakhouse, but that is not a negative assessment. One always expects massive for a steak house. Food was very good. Ceasar salad very tasty. @ steaks, a filet and pork chops very tasty. Sides of veges also very good. Service was fine. Menu limited, no veal chop or lamb chops. But it is what it is, a very fine steak house well located near theatre district and subways.Special Features:
- The best value in New York!!nyterpfanDined on 9/13/2014What an awesome place!! The food is 5 star caliber and on par with the best steakhouses in the city. But your bill will be about HALF what you'd pay at one of the well-known ritzy spots in town. The restaurant itself is a cozy neighborhood spot---great place to take a date for a nice relaxed atmosphere. I had the T-Bone with creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes and my companion had the rib-eye with the same sides. Everything was outstanding--could literally cut the steak with a butter-knife!! Oh---lest I forget, the slab bacon appetizer is a MUST!!Special Features:
- Delicious steakArtlyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Dimmed ambiance, friendly and efficient service. Perfect done rare blue steak, slight over cooked vegetables. Syrah-Malbec at the exact temperature. Do not hesitate, go for it.Special Features:
- Delicious!AndyDined on 9/9/2014Big steakhouse flavors without big steakhouse prices.Special Features:
- West side steakhouseSteakmanDined on 9/1/2014On arrival we were met by a very surly waitress. We were shown to our seat which was right next to kitchen door and trays full of dirty dishes 3ft away from us. Prices are not too bad. Steak was ok but nowhere near the best I've had. The waitress really did seem to have an attitude problem. I personally would not return to westside steakhouse as there are 101 better ones in manhattanSpecial Features:
- AwesomeBirdfacee2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband had the rib steak (cooked to perfection) and I had the sea bass. I order of mushrooms was enough to share. Cesar salads were nice...( not overloaded with garlic and creamy sauce). The real winner was the warm pecan pie served with whip cream...probably the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Marvelous find on 10th AvenueKellyDined on 8/30/2014Located on 43rd street and 10th avenue, it's possible to overlook this delightful steak house which also features a full menu of seafood specialties. The rib eyes we ordered were luscious and at $29 a real bargain. Order the traditional sides, steak fries and cream spinach which were superb. And say hello to Nick and his team. They are great hosts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014near to times square but out of noise. great food! recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, fine serviceamyloidbetaDined on 8/24/2014The steaks are excellent and the wine choices well matched. The sides were quite tasty, and I especially enjoyed the asparagus. The shrip scampi was well cooked and had nice flavor. Bread was fresh. The mixed green salad was not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality of meatarlindaDined on 8/17/2014Good restaurant for group people. The quality of the meat was excellent. Too much for a person the quantity of meat served. The assortments were different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food and Service was absolutely wonderful would definately go again.Special Features:
- West Side Steakhouse - A Gem!raymondo8Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking for a great place to eat around the corner from our apartment in Times Sq. West Side Steakhouse in Hell's kitchen didn't fail on any level, the food was great, my two sons shared a porterhouse for 2 and said it was amazing! I have had steak in South Africa, Australia, Korea, Europe and agree with them both! I'd recommend visiting this restaurant anytime.Special Features:
- Decent food for a good price5DutchDined on 8/12/2014Do not expect miracles here but the food is good and the price is very reasonable.Special Features:
- ExcellentDebSchDined on 8/9/2014We all had the NY Strip and it was excellent- was so impressed woyh our cocktail that we asked the waiter for the bourbon type. Classy, subtle atmosphere!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experiencevirginiagalDined on 8/2/2014Steaks were cooked to perfection, service was very good. We were celebrating my daughter's move to NYC and our experience here simply added to the event. Would recommend for a good, well priced (for NYC) meal. Lived up to trip advisors review and open table reservations were wonderful, first time I used it - worked well.Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Everything I ate at WS Steakhouse was great. (Ordered 12 oz filet) Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flaxmaDined on 8/2/2014The steaks were yummy and the prices were good.the copped liver appetizer was outstanding.They coiuld use a more experienced bar tender .Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the West Side Steakhouse reviews archive.
- bge60Dined on 7/25/2014Very average quality food. Seated within eashshot of dueling flushing toilets. Very nice waitress.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014We had a very good dinner for a good Price. The place is nice and clean and the food was good.
- Consistently good steaks in HKseanp78VIPDined on 7/17/2014The food here is excellent - and consistently so. Filet Mignon of excellent quality and cooked perfectly. Service is efficient, but a little cold - you'll get used to the servers after a while and it's just their style. Good value for money when compared to Ruth's Chris, etc.
- If You Want a Good Steak, Eat Here!RichKoNYCVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is my 5th or 6th time here, and I am always so pleased with the food, service and overall quality of this little gem of a place. Hey, there are a lot of steakhouses in NYC, but West Side Steakhouse is the best value by far AND everyone I have taken there insist on going back again. I cannot recommend this place enough. There is also more than just steak: They have great appetizers, incredible seafood, the pork chop and lamb chops are amazing. Of course if I keep it up, I will never get a table! GO!!! TRY!! ENJOY! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Steak!GermanandgreensDined on 7/12/2014Steakhouses are ridiculously expensive but not this place!!! You get a great steak at a fair price.
- Quick BiteDiningDudeDined on 7/12/2014I had the T Bone Steak which was under cooked, even though I requested Medium Rare. The Creamed Spinach was very good as was the Grilled Asparagus. Mashed Potatoes are mashed potatoes so, you really can't mess them up too much. I would recommend the Molton Chocolate Cake with the Vanilla Ice Cream. Very, very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Porterhouse for 2StaekLoverDined on 7/6/2014This was our second visit to West Side Steakhouse, and also the second time we ordered the porterhouse for two. The steak was outstanding. The sides are also very good, and more importantly, normal-sized, so you can try a few! The service is very good, and they have an interesting beer selection for beer lovers. We look forward to our third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place, big tasteTexastravellerDined on 6/16/2014We were looking for a steakhouse that was not the "5-star, really expensive" kind of place. Found this on trip advisor and booked through open table. Probably would have missed it without directions. Wait staff was very attentive. Food was amazing. Price was good for a steakhouse. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can hang with the "big boys!"ChrisDined on 6/14/2014I was looking for a steakhouse taste and feel without the huge steakhouse price tag. Westside Steakhouse was perfect. Enjoyed the delicious ribeye with blue cheese crust...done to perfection. Scallops appetizer also tasty and cooked to perfection. Would definitely return and already told friends and family about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodspongetedDined on 6/13/2014I always go here when I want to meet up with friends for a proper, but not too expensive dinner near midtown. It's not too noisy, so you can have a decent conversation. The staff are very friendly, and for the location, it's not very expensive! (That said, $5.50 for a tiny side dish of fries is a bit cheeky). The cuts of meat are always good quality, and good value for money - Though, the last time I was there, what constituted 'medium' and 'medium well' seemed to be up for debate. All in all, well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Super steaksMartDined on 6/12/2014What a great find, excellent food, great service. When we are back in nyc, we will be coming back. Jose was a true gent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksFoodaddictDined on 5/25/2014West Side Steak House has amazing steaks. I had the porterhouse and it was excellent. Just melts in your mouth and seasoned perfectly. The atmosphere was great, low dimmed and perfect for a romantic date. The wine list was nice too. I highly recommend this steak house!Special Features: