West Side Steakhouse
597 10th Ave
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
West Side Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidesteakhousenyc.com/
- Phone: 2125644803
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Ms. Ilona 2125644803
A word from West Side Steakhouse
West Side Steakhouse is New York City's newest hot spot featuring classic steakhouse dishes such as Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, slab bacon and dry aged premium steaks, just to name a few. Our new west side eatery combines the old world charm of a traditional steakhouse with a modern look. With its unique "Old New York City" motif, the West Side Steakhouse will have you dinning in comfort and style. From tantalizing appetizers, to our mouth watering steaks, we are sure to please even the most discriminating palate. So whether it's a night out with friends or an intimate dinning experience with that special someone, the West Side Steakhouse has what you are looking for at prices you can afford. West Side Steakhouse is conveniently located at 597 10th Avenue, between 43rd and 44th street, in the Clinton area a/k/a "Hell's Kitchen" steps away from the Theatre District, Times Square, and the USS Intrepid.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West Side Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (16)special occasion (15)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- West Side SteakhouseStevieDined on 9/17/2014Interesting find. Small for a steakhouse, but that is not a negative assessment. One always expects massive for a steak house. Food was very good. Ceasar salad very tasty. @ steaks, a filet and pork chops very tasty. Sides of veges also very good. Service was fine. Menu limited, no veal chop or lamb chops. But it is what it is, a very fine steak house well located near theatre district and subways.Special Features:
- The best value in New York!!nyterpfanDined on 9/13/2014What an awesome place!! The food is 5 star caliber and on par with the best steakhouses in the city. But your bill will be about HALF what you'd pay at one of the well-known ritzy spots in town. The restaurant itself is a cozy neighborhood spot---great place to take a date for a nice relaxed atmosphere. I had the T-Bone with creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes and my companion had the rib-eye with the same sides. Everything was outstanding--could literally cut the steak with a butter-knife!! Oh---lest I forget, the slab bacon appetizer is a MUST!!Special Features:
- Delicious steakArtlyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Dimmed ambiance, friendly and efficient service. Perfect done rare blue steak, slight over cooked vegetables. Syrah-Malbec at the exact temperature. Do not hesitate, go for it.Special Features:
- Delicious!AndyDined on 9/9/2014Big steakhouse flavors without big steakhouse prices.Special Features:
- West side steakhouseSteakmanDined on 9/1/2014On arrival we were met by a very surly waitress. We were shown to our seat which was right next to kitchen door and trays full of dirty dishes 3ft away from us. Prices are not too bad. Steak was ok but nowhere near the best I've had. The waitress really did seem to have an attitude problem. I personally would not return to westside steakhouse as there are 101 better ones in manhattanSpecial Features:
- AwesomeBirdfacee2014Dined on 8/31/2014My husband had the rib steak (cooked to perfection) and I had the sea bass. I order of mushrooms was enough to share. Cesar salads were nice...( not overloaded with garlic and creamy sauce). The real winner was the warm pecan pie served with whip cream...probably the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Marvelous find on 10th AvenueKellyDined on 8/30/2014Located on 43rd street and 10th avenue, it's possible to overlook this delightful steak house which also features a full menu of seafood specialties. The rib eyes we ordered were luscious and at $29 a real bargain. Order the traditional sides, steak fries and cream spinach which were superb. And say hello to Nick and his team. They are great hosts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014near to times square but out of noise. great food! recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, fine serviceamyloidbetaDined on 8/24/2014The steaks are excellent and the wine choices well matched. The sides were quite tasty, and I especially enjoyed the asparagus. The shrip scampi was well cooked and had nice flavor. Bread was fresh. The mixed green salad was not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality of meatarlindaDined on 8/17/2014Good restaurant for group people. The quality of the meat was excellent. Too much for a person the quantity of meat served. The assortments were different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food and Service was absolutely wonderful would definately go again.Special Features:
- West Side Steakhouse - A Gem!raymondo8Dined on 8/16/2014We were looking for a great place to eat around the corner from our apartment in Times Sq. West Side Steakhouse in Hell's kitchen didn't fail on any level, the food was great, my two sons shared a porterhouse for 2 and said it was amazing! I have had steak in South Africa, Australia, Korea, Europe and agree with them both! I'd recommend visiting this restaurant anytime.Special Features:
- Decent food for a good price5DutchDined on 8/12/2014Do not expect miracles here but the food is good and the price is very reasonable.Special Features:
- ExcellentDebSchDined on 8/9/2014We all had the NY Strip and it was excellent- was so impressed woyh our cocktail that we asked the waiter for the bourbon type. Classy, subtle atmosphere!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experiencevirginiagalDined on 8/2/2014Steaks were cooked to perfection, service was very good. We were celebrating my daughter's move to NYC and our experience here simply added to the event. Would recommend for a good, well priced (for NYC) meal. Lived up to trip advisors review and open table reservations were wonderful, first time I used it - worked well.Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Everything I ate at WS Steakhouse was great. (Ordered 12 oz filet) Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flaxmaDined on 8/2/2014The steaks were yummy and the prices were good.the copped liver appetizer was outstanding.They coiuld use a more experienced bar tender .Special Features:
- bge60Dined on 7/25/2014Very average quality food. Seated within eashshot of dueling flushing toilets. Very nice waitress.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014We had a very good dinner for a good Price. The place is nice and clean and the food was good.
- Consistently good steaks in HKseanp78VIPDined on 7/17/2014The food here is excellent - and consistently so. Filet Mignon of excellent quality and cooked perfectly. Service is efficient, but a little cold - you'll get used to the servers after a while and it's just their style. Good value for money when compared to Ruth's Chris, etc.
- If You Want a Good Steak, Eat Here!RichKoNYCVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is my 5th or 6th time here, and I am always so pleased with the food, service and overall quality of this little gem of a place. Hey, there are a lot of steakhouses in NYC, but West Side Steakhouse is the best value by far AND everyone I have taken there insist on going back again. I cannot recommend this place enough. There is also more than just steak: They have great appetizers, incredible seafood, the pork chop and lamb chops are amazing. Of course if I keep it up, I will never get a table! GO!!! TRY!! ENJOY! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Steak!GermanandgreensDined on 7/12/2014Steakhouses are ridiculously expensive but not this place!!! You get a great steak at a fair price.
- Quick BiteDiningDudeDined on 7/12/2014I had the T Bone Steak which was under cooked, even though I requested Medium Rare. The Creamed Spinach was very good as was the Grilled Asparagus. Mashed Potatoes are mashed potatoes so, you really can't mess them up too much. I would recommend the Molton Chocolate Cake with the Vanilla Ice Cream. Very, very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding Porterhouse for 2StaekLoverDined on 7/6/2014This was our second visit to West Side Steakhouse, and also the second time we ordered the porterhouse for two. The steak was outstanding. The sides are also very good, and more importantly, normal-sized, so you can try a few! The service is very good, and they have an interesting beer selection for beer lovers. We look forward to our third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place, big tasteTexastravellerDined on 6/16/2014We were looking for a steakhouse that was not the "5-star, really expensive" kind of place. Found this on trip advisor and booked through open table. Probably would have missed it without directions. Wait staff was very attentive. Food was amazing. Price was good for a steakhouse. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can hang with the "big boys!"ChrisDined on 6/14/2014I was looking for a steakhouse taste and feel without the huge steakhouse price tag. Westside Steakhouse was perfect. Enjoyed the delicious ribeye with blue cheese crust...done to perfection. Scallops appetizer also tasty and cooked to perfection. Would definitely return and already told friends and family about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodspongetedDined on 6/13/2014I always go here when I want to meet up with friends for a proper, but not too expensive dinner near midtown. It's not too noisy, so you can have a decent conversation. The staff are very friendly, and for the location, it's not very expensive! (That said, $5.50 for a tiny side dish of fries is a bit cheeky). The cuts of meat are always good quality, and good value for money - Though, the last time I was there, what constituted 'medium' and 'medium well' seemed to be up for debate. All in all, well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Super steaksMartDined on 6/12/2014What a great find, excellent food, great service. When we are back in nyc, we will be coming back. Jose was a true gent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the West Side Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great SteaksFoodaddictDined on 5/25/2014West Side Steak House has amazing steaks. I had the porterhouse and it was excellent. Just melts in your mouth and seasoned perfectly. The atmosphere was great, low dimmed and perfect for a romantic date. The wine list was nice too. I highly recommend this steak house!Special Features:
- steak is melt in your mouth!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Steak was delicious, worth going for that. Service was fine, nice vibe to place generally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, mediocre food.SDan1998Dined on 5/23/2014Upon our arrival we were pleased that it was not a large restaurant. It had a family feel to it. The waitress was very nice and helpful. The service was very good. The food was just OK. Had the fried calamari and slab bacon for appretizers. The calalmari was average, but the slab bacon was very tasty. Our rib eye's arrived along with our sides. Steaks were prepared perfectly but weren't as tasty as I have had at other steak houses. The mac and cheese tasted like a boxed brand. The garlic mashed potatoes were pretty good. The sauteed spinach was not bad but I found the portion to be small. As I left the men's room the employees were eating at a table in the back and the size of their portion was what I expected ours to be.
- SIMoneVIPDined on 5/22/2014The owner smokes cigars by the front door and disrespectfully refuses to close the door. Poor customer service.
- Business TripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Food was outstanding; service less than great, had to request items several times. Only a small amount of quests in restaurant; but server was more interested in spending time with gentlemen at the bar.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerSerenityDined on 5/15/2014My husband ordered the T-bone steak, I had the filet mignon & shrimp scampi. We shared three sides: asparagus, onions, mushrooms. Everything we ordered was great. The best of everything was the shrimp scampi - best shrimp I've ever had. For dessert I had the banana-chocolate chip cheesecake- fantastic. My husband had the apple pie and apparently it was only "meh". Very expensive food compared to "back home", but compared to other steak restaurants in the area, not bad at all. Service was great. Took a bit for our waitress to warm up to us, but once she did, she was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRingoagogoVIPDined on 4/11/2014My favorite steak house in NYC. The Ribeye has the bone in. This is the house specialty and you can't go wrong. It is not over run with out of towners. Good drinks, and the wait staff are really nice. If I owned a steak house it would be just like this. If you want to spend more money there are lots of options. To me this is the best value!!Special Features:
- Hot or miss?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Im not sure how to feel about this place. I guess if you're a fan of bland seafood then i guess you'd enjoy. Im pretty sure they just cracked the lobster tail open and put it on my plate as is. The shrimp was ok in the sauce it was placed in, but it had a little too much lemon on it (atleast i hope the sour taste was lemon? :-/) and lets not forget the extra bits of dry food on our drinking glasses. Like really, who wouldn't notice that??? I DID enjoy the slab of bacon though. Its virtually impossible to mess up baconSpecial Features:
- First time in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014This was the first time in New York and the steak was cooked perfectly the food was wonderful A+ to the chef, the food was priced right but the service was on the poor side. I might return on the next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service lackedDinnerfor2Dined on 4/5/2014Our dinner was very good. We started with the Bacon Appetizer (Must Have), shared the Cesar salad (very good but would have liked to have been offered fresh Parmesan and or pepper), had the petite filet and the ribeye. Very good steaks and cooked very well. We shared the sauteed spinach, garlic mashed potatoes and the sauteed mushrooms. Again, food was excellent...the service was slow, not attentive and lacked much character and often looked confused at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGalateaZKDined on 4/5/2014The staff are really nice and will seat your group even if most of them aren't there (under reservation). Really romantic place for dates. Ordered the T-bone Steak and it was really juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for pre-theatregbearDined on 4/5/2014went for dinner before a play. service good. food very good. steaks came just as we had ordered them. prices reasonable and gave several price point options. would definitely go again.Special Features: