West Side Lounge
1680 Mass Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
West Side Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westsidelounge.com/
- Phone: 6174415566
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5pm – 12am
Thursday - Saturday: 5pm - 1am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 03:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3pm - 12am
Kitchen serves 'til 10:30pm Sun-Wed & 11:30pm Thurs-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Wilton Osorno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are thoroughly in love with private parties at West Side Lounge! Guests enjoy a custom menu and, naturally, a special cocktail created just for the occasion. Events range from intimate dinner parties, where guests are very much part of the restaurant scene, to a larger cocktail parties, weddings, birthday bashes, fundraisers ... you name it; we'll plan it! Groups of up to twenty people can be accommodated when the restaurant is open; there is also an opportunity to reserve the entire restaurant for a lunch, cocktail, or dinner event. We love working with our guests to create a memorable experience!
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Gochis 6174415566
A word from West Side Lounge
West Side Lounge is an intimate neighborhood bistro known for its memorable food, signature cocktails, and welcoming vibe. According to the Zagat Guide, West Side Lounge is "the perfect neighborhood sleeper: this loungey New York-style boite beckons sophisticated adults with a huge drink menu of delicious seasonal cocktails and New American bistro plates that are reasonably priced, yet crazy good."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West Side Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good time and good food guaranteedDiscriminatingDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2013I always enjoy my meal and experience at West Side Lounge. The hip, casual vibe, the menu with delicious comfort food offerings for good value (nearly all entrees are under $20), and the creative cocktail list keep this place on my list of reliable standbys for a fun night out. Be forwarned that the service can be slow. But if you're in no rush, go with a group of your besties and just chill.Special Features:
- We wanted to like it more...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went with our family on Valentine's Day. The restaurant looked cozy, with roses hanging from the ceiling, but the ambiance suffered from the two large flat screen TVs at the bar (it is a small place, and we kept getting distracted by the TVs). Also, we could barely hear each other over the very loud, very bad 80s music piped through the speakers - when we asked if this could be lowered, the waiter said that "the owners like it this way." The appetizers were all great, including a seared duck breast, delicious arancini, and a top-rate beet salad. However, the truffle fries were soggy, and my husband's steak had no seasoning and was flavorless. We really, really wanted to like this place more, but unfortunately we won't be going back.Special Features:
- Food was good. Good combinations,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Food was good. Good combinations, but some dishes were too salty.Special Features:
- West Side Lounge is alwaysricewingsDined on 2/4/2013West Side Lounge is always reliable for an inexpensive dinner in a relaxed atmosphere. The dish called "Our Favorite Chicken Ever - pan seared chicken on whipped goat cheese mashed with an artichoke and wild mushrooms sauce" at $16.95 was fabulous (highly recommended) The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Oh, and the bar is terrific.Special Features:
- Good food for a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2013Good food for a good price but why couldn't we get a booth? I made an Open Table reservation a few weeks ago, but I guess booths require some special type of reservation. Also way too noisy for my tastes.
- Great neighborhood findDaveInBostonDined on 1/27/2013Wide variety on the menu. I wanted FIVE of the entrees, but settled on the Cod with mashed potatoes and vegetables and it was stellar. Can't wait to go back. Nice atmosphere. Caesar Salad was excellent too.Special Features:
- Ate here in a recent FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Ate here in a recent Friday night. It was my first visit - and I wasn't expecting much because the restaurants in this part of town tend to be so-so. The West Side Lounge is better than the rest. Its small, but cozy. Service was super-friendly and efficient. Great drinks (a truly outstanding manhattan!) Limited menu - but lots of good choices nonetheless. The lobster mac n'cheese is worth ordering if you see it on the menu.Special Features:
- The cheap seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013The food is very good at this restaurant. My gripe is that initially they placed my son and me at a high table where one of us would have been seated for dinner on a stool. Not too comfortable. When we objected, they kept us at a high table, which I didn't like much, but at least there was a chair with a back. I would have much preferred, with a reservation, to be shown to a real table. I can understand how without a rez one might be treated as we were, but not in our case.Special Features:
- Great cocktails, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Great cocktails, overpriced but good food. If the food was on average about 5 dollars cheaper per dish I'd go there much more often. Noise is the only other complaint. Otherwise, great ambiance, and best cocktails in the area.
- The restaurant was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013The restaurant was really quite good but we would have been much happier if we didn't have to rush through dinner to make our theatre's time after waiting for over 45 minutes for our dinners to show up. We told our server that we had a 7:30 curtain when we sat down at 5:30. Our food did not arrive at our table till 6:30. Although the food was great I'd think twice about going again.Special Features:
- I love being in this restaurant.LisaHDined on 12/31/2012I love being in this restaurant. It feels like home. I didn't enjoy my dinner new years eve, and it was expensive. But I valued the dining experience - the service, atmosphere, playlist, and culinary efforts.Special Features:
- Night of friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Great experience, we had a party of 8 for a surprise birthday and West Side Lounge was perfect for the occasion. The entire staff was excellent, food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I was looking for a energetic place with calm lighting and it couldn't of been more perfect!Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The menu choices offered interesting and very nice "taste" appeal, even if not lengthy. Our foursome enjoyed each entree (two from the specials that evening), and the beat salad was excellent as well. We had trouble deciding so want to try other dishes next time. Atmosphere upbeat and fun (decor, crowd, etc) and service attentive and professional. The music was great selection, and while we were dining, looks like great place for a drink or two at the bar... Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Right down the street fromWine0boyVIPDined on 11/12/2012Right down the street from Harvard, West side lounge is probably one of the best places in the neighborhood which is not saying a whole lot. We had amazing service, enjoyed out cocktails but, frankly, I can't remember what we had for dinner (dined there a month ago). If you're hungry and close to the Ivy League mecca this is an option - otherwise lots of better places are to be had in Boston proper.Special Features:
- The food is always very good;CrabrisottoVIPDined on 11/9/2012The food is always very good; great wine list too. Always new things so easy to return.Special Features:
- Let's start with the drinks...veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Let's start with the drinks...very unique and amazing, not to mention reasonably priced. These are the type of drinks you are unlikely to be able to replicate at home...which is the only reason I fork over money for cocktails. At $9/each, they are an extremely good value in Boston. The food was mostly good. My wife and I just decided to get a bunch of appetizers since so many things on the menu sounded appealing and we couldn't decide. The calamari was excellent and the portion huge. Crab cakes were above average but a small portion. Arancini was unremarkable and small. Parmesan fries in truffle oil tasted very good but were unfortunately somewhat soggy. Bottom line: great prices and decent food. I will return and try some entrees!Special Features:
- West Side Lounge never let'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012West Side Lounge never let's us down. We brought a friend from out of town here the other night and everything was excellent. Our cocktails were all perfect (the 888 Ginger Martini is my favorite), though that made them go down too fast. We ordered the truffle fries and roasted Brussels sprouts as starters and quickly consumed them all, then we had the tuna and cod for main courses. The tuna was especially good, cooked black and blue with a tasty crust that blended into the meat of the fish.Special Features:
- Yummy food, loud music.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012We had a nice little experience at West Side Lounge. We showed up early and they seated us early which was great because we were exhausted. We decided to order multiple appetizers instead of mains because there were too many to choose from. We had the arancini (yum), the halloumi lettuce wraps (they were SPICY and delicious), vegetarian spring rolls (a nice, cool complement to the lettuce wraps), and the Parmesan truffle fries. They were all very tasty and came out quickly. I also had the Concord grape martini which was reasonably priced and went down a treat. The music got super loud mid meal which was strange, and it sometimes took a while for water refills, but on the whole this was a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- wonderful restaurant. theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2012wonderful restaurant. the food is excellent and the atmosphere and service - and room - all are great. while this night our food wasnt very hot when served, i dont think that's the norm. i'd go back here often if i were in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- wonderful spot- warm atmosphere,hungryoneVIPDined on 10/23/2012wonderful spot- warm atmosphere, friendly prices, good food.Special Features:
- Drowned outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2012An otherwise pleasant experience was undermined by the soundtrack. The youngest and hippest people on the room were the staff; the rest were middle-aged diners trying to have a Sunday evening dinner conversation over the wall of sound provided by the restaurant's amplification system. I have come here off and on despite the amplified sound because it's otherwise a "neighborhood gem" of at least the semi-precious variety. At this point, however, I'm more inclined to stay away because of the inappropriate and over-amplified music.
- West Side Lounge has alwaysDBudowDined on 10/13/2012West Side Lounge has always been our "go to" restaurant for a great meal. We were very disappointed on our last visit. The music was dreadful and extremely annoying. The food was mediocre. Several items were not hot enough. The mashed potatoes tasted like instant potato buds instead of real, homemade mashed potatoes.
- Everything was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012Everything was great but the noise level. Sat beneath a speaker and made conversation very difficult.
- Pumkin ravioli is delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2012The pumpkin ravioli is delicious, and it is a dish that will certainly bring me back for more.Special Features:
- Inventive food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Inventive food, attentive service, and quiet. We loved it.Special Features:
- We love West Side Lounge.CrabrisottoVIPDined on 9/28/2012We love West Side Lounge. They always have interesting menu items, interesting wines and the wait staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Great place.Special Features:
- Good food, relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2012We went for a Sunday morning brunch with my daughter and my mother. The food was delicious (the French fries are a killer) and we appreciated the relaxing atmosphere. It was nice to be able to talk without having to speak out loud like in so many busy places. The menu was creative compared to your standard brunch menu, my mother enjoyed a really nice omelet filled with avocado and tomatoes.Special Features:
- I've been wanting to try outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012I've been wanting to try out WSL for a while and on a whim we looking online for reservations on a Saturday night. Fortunately they should seat us at 7:45 - I think we got the last available reservation. Excellent seafood - we had the scallops and the fish tacos, both were flavorful and filling. The Bread Pudding for dessert was a nice way to finish the evening.Special Features:
- I love this place. I visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012I love this place. I visit Cambridge every year for several months and eat here frequently. Great entrees and appetizers that can serve as a full meal.Special Features:
- Dining is a human experience too ..fcdinphxVIPDined on 9/14/2012The food was good. The service was poor. Couldn't get our drink, even though we were almost done with our starters. The table next to us were told to get moving because there were people waiting, even though they had yet to have seen the check. Not a pleasant dining experience. Too bad, because the food was a good surprise.
- Thoroughly impressed. We orderedQuijoteDined on 9/8/2012Thoroughly impressed. We ordered only appetizers to share. Truffle fries = subtle and delicious, lobster and avacoda salad = delicous, mussels = tasty 1 other, can't remember but it was good. Great cocktails list, kept us busy. This is a good spot.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. Tuna andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2012Food was fantastic. Tuna and scallops cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- get the fries!lincVIPDined on 8/29/2012We were a group of six and we all liked the dishes we ordered, except the crème brûlée which looked and tasted more like chocolate pudding. Still good but we did not mean to order chocolate pudding... I asked our beleaguered server for a scoop of ice cream to go with the bizarre crème brûlée. He gladly complied. The cocktail menu is very impressive. One more thing: The sangria is very good and the pitcher is of generous size. And finally, the fries are to die for.Special Features:
- What a wonderful evening weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2012What a wonderful evening we had! Food was great- mussels, salmon and grilled clams and linguine in particular. Service was great. If I lived nearby I would be there all the time!!Special Features:
- The food here is amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012The food here is amazing. The atmosphere and servers are too. The only complaint I can come up with is that the fruit salad served on the side of most of their brunch dishes is kind of weak. It is mainly made up of honey dew melon with half a strawberry and 2 over ripe grapes thrown in. That being said, i didn't order my meal for the side, and there is plenty of food in a serving to get by just fine without it.Special Features:
- Solid craft cocktails & foodie foodctanDined on 8/16/2012I live a few blocks from the West Side Lounge and have enjoyed it every time I've gone in. The bartenders know their way around craft cocktails and premium ingredients without getting ridiculously off the wall. Same could be said of the food, which is solidly foodie & trendy without becoming something you're supposed to look at instead of eat. Enjoyable eating, enjoyable drinking, pleasing to the upscale palate while still affordable for the wallet.Special Features:
- Love the tunaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2012Sesame crusted tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes is worth the trip. It is consistently excellent. Mussels are also delicious. WSL does seafood extremely well.
- Enjoyed a lot with party ofCrabrisottoVIPDined on 8/10/2012Enjoyed a lot with party of 9. Wine list a little lacking, but OK.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012A wonderful experience although the tables are close together making private conversation difficult. The food was delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:
- The food is always quite goodhungryoneVIPDined on 7/17/2012The food is always quite good here, and the prices are reasonable. I come often. Usually the service is decent, but on this night it was ridiculous- even though the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. Getting water was an adventure. More than that seemed entirely too much for our waitress. The hostess stepped up and took care of our order. Perhaps it was the server's first night on the job-Special Features: