West Park Tavern
2734 NC HWY 55
Cary, NC 27519Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
West Park Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westparktavern.com/
- Phone: 9193039300
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Pete Susca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday nights!
A word from West Park Tavern
Here at West Park Tavern we have set out to provide our guests with an inviting atmosphere, great service, flavorful food and a place to unwind. Our décor features a warm color palette accented with rich wood and natural stone to give you that old tavern feel, that is, if your not watching your favorite team on one of our twenty-six flat screen televisions. Our Executive Chef, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, has prepared an out of the ordinary, top notch menu that will excite your taste buds. Our menu incorporates a variety of unique appetizers, fresh salads and generously portioned sandwiches and entrees. If its good spirits and relaxation you are after, we've got you covered with over 80 types of whiskey, an assortment of colorful cocktails, and 14 cold beers on tap ranging from domestic to craft. West Park Tavern...come see what all the buzz is about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
West Park Tavern - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
West Park Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Burger-ville!mememeVIPDined on 10/13/2014Our second time here in two weeks. And we hardly ever repeat that quickly. The first time, we had the chicken wings. Very tasty, maybe a little spicy for my wife but as I am from Buffalo I enjoyed them. This time, we decided to try the burgers we saw on other tables the first time. Both my wife and I thought they were delicious. Cooked just right, the right level of juiciness and a good flavor throughout. And they are pretty big as well. This has the potential of being our new favorite burger place.Special Features:
- Mediocre At BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Nothing about this place stood out to me....it was the typical food you would find in this style restaurant. I wanted to like this new tavern; it is close to where I live. I'd pass on a second adventure to this tavern.
- Great burgers & nachosnevertanDined on 7/11/2014Actually only booked for two & showed up w a guest. No problem for them, we didn't even wait despite offering. Super nice and everything hand made. We had burgers and the nachos w pulled pork added. Seemed like fewer chips than last time but had right amount for the qty of toppings -always piled high and no soggy chips at the bottom either. Had beers and had a vendor let us try some new beers too. Friendly atmosphere and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the West Park Tavern reviews archive.
- Great FoodEmsuzannDined on 6/15/2014I went for dinner with my husband and four kids. The fried pork rolls were awesome! My husband had ribs and they were very good. Great beer selection. Prices were reasonable. We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable family dinnersistersevenDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed burgers and the Southwest salad here on Father's Day. We at inside, but I believe they did have outdoor tables as well. There was no wait, and the food was very good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeMikeRDined on 6/7/2014Great to have a nice local place in Cary that has both great food and great service plus a nice list of draft brew beers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu and comfortableJohnNCDined on 6/4/2014Met some friends there after work and had personable bartenders take good care of us. The menu had a lot of BBQ type items but they were very interesting and unique treatments or combinations that I want to try when I come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timefriends5Dined on 5/23/2014I enjoyed my meal. The burger was great. My chips were nicely crisp but could have had more salt. The tavern was much smaller than I thought it would be when making my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for vegetariansEasotDined on 5/21/2014They have a great bean burger and the Mac and cheese is fantastic. It can be loud and annoying on trivia nights unless you are in the mood to play.Special Features:
- Burger heavenReservedGluttonDined on 5/18/2014I'm big for burgers and all I can say is that I will keep on coming back until I have tried all their burgers (I have tried 3 different burgers so far, and all of them are 5/5 so far)Special Features:
- Great food ... service not so greatStewartDined on 4/26/2014Tried the place out with some friends and our families overall we loved the menu and the food was very tasty. The service was not great it that the server didn't really understand the menu. We had some challenges getting what we asked for as well and it made for a rather chaotic dining experience. We will probably try it again sometime and hopefully the service will be better.Special Features:
- Just Darn GoodTAC49VIPDined on 4/18/2014West Park Tavern continues to provide very good food at very good prices with good service. Black & Blue burger with onion straws was very good. The GBLT sandwich and flatbread are consistent winners. Selection of draft beer is really quite good. Just nothing to compare to this local pub with great food.Special Features:
- Finding the neighborhood pubVirtualDinerDined on 4/4/2014New to town and looking for a good neighborhood beer and food place. Bacon bruschetta was very well done, and in general I got the impression that if WPT isn't chef run, they at least have a chef somehow involved. Very pleased about the food quality and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Bar!LoveYouLongTimeDined on 4/2/2014West Park Tavern in Cary is one of my favorites for food, drinks, and meeting friends! The staff are friendly and we love that the owners are there helping out. They have daily specials and a great e-mailed newsletter. TRIVIA night with Mario on Wednesdays is our favorite day to go! Go check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon jourRectacDined on 3/21/2014The food, service, were great. However, we were there on a Friday night and there were a lot of noisey kids not controlled by parents. We enjoued ourselves. I especially liked the ability to reserve a table. We will be back.Special Features:
- Top notch foodBremmyDined on 3/16/2014Go for the great selection of local draft beers and stay for the excellent food. Portions are BIG, prices are affordable, and the taste is excellent. Staff is friendly and attentive, also very knowledgeable about the menu and local beers. This is a must go to place if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bar food spotErousDined on 3/13/2014We came here for a school function and we really loved the food and beer selection. Plus with options for the kids you can't go wrong. But when we went it was so hot in the back of the dining room we almost left. The server tried her best to work with us and bring the heatdown a bit but sadly it persisted. This is a great spot that we may try again but sit closer to the front of the dining room and avoid the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had coupon so gave it a tryfiftyyearoldersDined on 3/7/2014Had coupon so gave it a try on a Friday night. Very good beer prices, actually best in the area, $2 PBR and another brand, $3.25 domestic bottles. My wife and I shared the onion rings and we each had a wedge salad. The food was good. Portion sizes are large. My wife and I could have almost stopped at the onion rings and beer, and we could easily have split a wedge salad no problem. There was a range of customer ages - lots of middle aged and several families with young children. Seating at the bar was filled, so this is always a good sign in my opinion. They had live entertainment scheduled for 9pm, but we didn't stay around long enough. All in all a good dinner out. Would go there again, but maybe we would skip the appetizer next time.Special Features:
- Wonderful wahoo tacosSnowSunDined on 2/23/2014Four of us dined at West Park on a Sunday evening - first visit for all of us. We found the portions quite substantial and the food delicious, but not fancy - just what we wanted. While everyone enjoyed his or her food, the wahoo tacos got the most raves. It's a casual sports bar/neighborhood tavern atmosphere.Special Features:
- This place was surprisinglyAnthonyDined on 2/14/2014This place was surprisingly good and the food a lot better than I expected it to be. The staff was awesome and stayed on top of everything. They are about 30 minutes away from where I live, but its definitely a place that will visit again. The prices were reasonable and it was a great place for a Valentine's Day date.Special Features:
- Great value.canesjohnDined on 2/1/2014Out visit was a casual family birthday with a party of 10, including a 4 and 2 year old. Everyone had fun. Food was tasty and good value. Great selection of draft beers. Our server was awesome. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great local place!MikeRDined on 1/25/2014West Park Tavern is a great local place for families, guys gatherings, or just dinner for two. The food is FAR beyond typical bar food quality, and is very affordable. They also have a great selection of draft beers, and TVs all around that you can see, but aren't blaring in your ears! We're definitely going back more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great server,DeaconDined on 1/25/2014Excellent food, great server, we will add this to our list of favorites!Special Features:
- Menu recently updated - YumLoriDined on 1/17/2014The menu has been updated since the restaurant has opened, and it's a huge improvement. I've now visited several times and have loved what I've ordered. Good Work, keep it up. It's nice to have a good restaurant close to home.Special Features:
- Seems like every time I visitBobbyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Seems like every time I visit the menu has changed and not for the better. I thought this was a neighborhood pub, not sure what it is trying to be
- Exceeded my expectationsTraegerDined on 12/23/2013First time dinning here. After a long tiring day during the holidays just needed some simple comfort and came away with my mood lifted. I was not in my usual neighborhood and found this establishment using "ness" app on my phone. It is good to see people who are exceptional at what they do for a living. Excellent food and service made me wish I was a local. Cheers and Merry Christmas indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchnicoleDined on 12/13/2013Our lunch club loved this place! The food is amazing, the service was so fast, it was great!Special Features:
- Nice spotlivemusic4meDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I went to watch some live music, but ended up having a great dinner. The menu is quite eclectic, I'm not a foodie, but menu seems to be created by one. I enjoyed a roast beef sandwich and my wife had a burger which were excellent. Bar food that's a step above. The service was extremely attentive. We asked a server if it's always this way and he said they have some new staff and so there was a lot of back-up, however, they do train having each others back and any table is your table which we think is a great approach.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerLynnieDined on 11/22/2013The food was real good and plenty of it. However, we were right in front of where the band played and it was super loud. Couldn't talk or hear friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayJenniDined on 11/7/2013We had a reservation for 20 and ended up with more people, the restaurant was very accommodating with our large group. Our server even cut and delivered the cake we brought in! We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Halloween NightTexasDined on 10/31/2013Surprised not crowded on Halloween night since there was entertainment, a DJ. Had reservations but did not need them. Waitstaff very pleasant and hovered a little since not busy with other customers. DJ's music was very loud, especially considering small crowd. Restaurant is clean, decor fitting and in a great location. Food is consistently good here and a better than average selection and quality of "bar" food. Will go again and want to try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Average Sports Bar at BestBrandywineDined on 9/7/2013Had heard many good things about this place and went to try it. I had the shrimp quesidillas that were recommended and they were good, though more fried than usual, therefore heavy. My husband had the wings which he said were the Worst he's ever had!! He thought they'd been cooked the day before and reheated. Meat was totally dry and not even served wet or with a sauce. When he asked for a sauce he was brought something that tasted like pure Tabasco and was inedible. Typical sports bar atmosphere, patio overlooks parking. We will not return.Special Features:
- Check your Check - TwiceOpenTableDined on 8/14/2013Went for dinner on wine night. Twice needed to get receipt fixed for incorrect charging. Once maybe a mistake, twice and you wonder if your being duped.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2013Good food, good service. Brought our 2-year old with no problems.Special Features:
- poor 1st impression - but food goodOpenTableDined on 8/1/2013Reservation made but when entered host confirmed then brought us to worst table. Training the host is often missed yet it's the 1st impression and it could have set a more positive tone....or, they don't like Open Table reservations. Service was spotty as they were training a new person. Food good. Good beer selections. I will try again to see if we caught them on a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food service could be betternoRulesJustStandardsDined on 7/27/2013Food and portions were phenomenal. The service could've been better. The waitress was more concerned about distributing the bills rather than refilling the drinks. If you're seeking a good bang for your buck, go for it. If you're huge on customer experience, and exceptional customer service as I am. You may want to go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013What a great find!!!! Stellar beer list, and a wide rage of food to choose from!! We couldn't have asked for better service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on the menu,BrentVIPDined on 7/6/2013Great variety on the menu, high-quality food and excellent service. Some excellent, unique dishes, including the mac & cheese (a meal and a half), meat loaf sliders, onion rings, etc., plus a fantastic selection of beers. Not just "bar food", but a tavern with really good food. And attentive service, whether you're just a couple or a group of ten people.Special Features:
- Outdoor pleasuresFridinerDined on 6/14/2013Good menu, timely service, friendly staff. Ate outdoors, prompt food delivery. Will return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than bar food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013Food was quite good, with an interesting variation on bar food. Almost all food is prepared completely in house and tastes fresh and flavorful. We'll definitely be going back again.Special Features: