West Park Bistro
788 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
West Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westparkbistro.com/
- Phone: 6504533313
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Bibiano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enclosed in glass, our private rooms present an elegant display of design and embodies the essence of sophisticated intimacy. Our private dining accommodations consists of two rooms; The grand Wine Room, which can seat up to 20 guest and our larger Fire Place Room, which can accommodate up to 70 guests. Upon request, these rooms can be combined. For larger events, the entire restaurant may be subject for a Buy-Out. A Buy-Out may seat up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Miguel 4153075609
A word from West Park Bistro
West Park Bistro is nestled in the heart of downtown San Carlos & is built on the principle of solely using fresh local produce. The newly-founded establishment boasts an award winning wine collection designed to compliment a contemporary menu, exclusively using the most satisfactory hand cuts of meat & seafood. Chef Steve Bibiano"s vision encompasses a genre of cuisine that endorses the most sophisticated form of dining. The warm atmosphere & quaint design supplies the ideal destination for brunch, lunch or dinner. The grand Wine Cellar is quintessential for corporate or private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- LarmoGLarmoGVIPDined on 9/15/2014We live in San Carlos and are enjoying seeing the renaissance of the downtown area. WPB is a great addition to the neighborhood and I would rate it in the top 3 best restaurants in San Carlos, I had VIP's for dinner last week and we qualified for the "Clean Plate Club" Hall of Fame - good food, nice ambiance! I will be back this coming week with a different knowing they will have a positive experience!Special Features:
- Welcome addition to Laurel St.PAdinerVIPDined on 9/15/2014A new restaurant off to a great start. Both of our lunches were quite good and, for a quality restaurant, reasonably priced. Will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Food is too expensive for what you get, and it's not that outstanding. Service, drinks and location is good. Has potential
- WinnerG456Dined on 9/13/2014Wanted to try something new and someone recommended West Park Bistro for our Wedding Anniversaries enjoyed by 3 couples. Sat quickly, and had drinks in our hands in a very timely manner. It was busy, but we still had just the right amount of attention when we needed or wanted something. Very surprised at the mature level of service for such a new restaurant. Food was delicious, salads were good and the main course was even better. The owner came by and chatted with us, and even sent over a round of almond (champagne I think) drinks. This place will get very popular and rightly so.Special Features:
- Another Great SanCarlos RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, very busy - We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Headed in the right directionkknevadaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Open only 1 month and they seem to be firing on all cylinders . . . definitely worth a try. Hope they keep the spaghetti and meatballs!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!FireWife96Dined on 9/6/2014Great new addition to downtown San Carlos! Great food, great service, extensive wine list and a good bar! Went out to dinner with a group of friends. We ordered fried calamari, kale salads, skirt steak, filet mignon, sea bass, salmon and past and every dish was delicious!!! Everything was PERFECT!!! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood additionmimychoiVIPDined on 9/5/2014It was a great experience!!! Food was good and service was exceptional!!! I am so happy we now have an great additional in our neighborhood that we can go to for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good ExperiencemargoVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant has been open for about a month. Calamari was ok, appetizer meatballs were good, salmon was good, ravioli was tough, chilean sea bass was excellent. Service was good. Will give it another try in a few months so they have time to get the kinks out.Special Features:
- A new competitorAdmiralDined on 9/5/2014A great first impression, Service a bit spotty. Still some growing pains but should improve as they find the groove. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great food and wine listRamblistDined on 9/1/2014Great food and wine list. Service could haven better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the neighborhood!NanaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have already been here twice and it's been great both times. Great food and service. And the bar is awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6sing7alongDined on 8/29/2014A terrible dining experience. We had 10 people for a birthday dinner. Drinks were not told to us that they were doubles....drink tab $200 10 drinks. Next..rib eye steak was undercooked after being told it was to be well-done. The staff wasn't pleasant. I will not ever go back. I am a local in San Carlos and this is the worse dining experience I've ever had.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014THIS WAS OUR SECOND TIME AT WEST PARK, AND THIS EXPERIENCE MUCH BETTER THAN OUR FIRST TIME. THE FOOD WAS GREAT ALL AROUND, AS WAS THE SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE. THEY WERE VERY BUSY AND EVERTHING WAS DONE WELL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Great FindCeshVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is a new restaurant and it is definitely a keeper. The food was excellent (I had salmon and my friend had scallops) and the wine list is very impressive. The food was nicely presented and cooked perfectly. The ambiance is lovely and the service was top notch. This is only their 3rd week in business so the beginning of a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive Menu for New RestaurantTheDesignStylistVIPDined on 8/21/2014My spouse and I enjoyed a great meal for two at this new restaurant (booked on OpenTable without any reviews). We weren't disappointed. Inventive menu was a huge hit and we both loved our appetizer (prawns) and seasonal entrees (my beet and goat cheese ravioli was awesome). Fun drink menu too. Lively dining room (next to bar) isn't great for a quiet evening, but we loved the view of the kitchen and bar. The bread pudding desert we shared was mouthwatering. We will be back.Special Features:
- stepkapVIPDined on 8/19/2014The whole Sea Bream was perfectly prepared and presented. It was delicious. Another of our party had the Salmon and although it was farmed Salmon it was also reported t be excellent. Another member of the party had the spaghetti and meat balls and thought them to be very good but didn't rave about them like the Salmon and Bream feeders. The house made decadence chocolate cake and the Bread Pudding were enjoyed by all at the table. Kind of embarrassing to see everyone fighting over the last bites.Special Features:
- Cassandra's B-daychicasVIPDined on 8/19/2014it was very nice to visit the new neighborhood restaurant that was delicious, the decor was beautiful, the service was nice and polite but a bit slow but maybe because it's a new establishment. We would all go back and recommend itSpecial Features:
- Love this restaurant in San CarlosavdhDined on 8/16/2014I am very picky about the quality of a Filet Mignon when I order this in a restaurant because it's often a disappointment. Not this time. The steak was excellent and the asparagus wrapped in bacon was delicious.Special Features:
- Very inviting and yummyFoodie32Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere was very comfortable and calming, and the tables were far enough apart. The air conditioning was too cold right under the vent, though. The wine list was extensive but very expensive. There were bottles going for 1200 and 800; nobody in San Carlos will pay that much for a bottle of wine. The linguine with lobster was amazing, except the larger lobster chunks were tough. Each dish was beautifully presented, and each used fresh yummy ingredients. The bread pudding rivals Town's bread pudding; it's that good. It was only the tenth night for the chef, said the lady in charge, who was walking around asking about each diners experience. The only downside was the prices. It was a great meal, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014Very much enjoyed our first visit, as did our friends. Only disappointment; should have been seated in window table, our guests arrived first and didn't know what I had requested on Open Table. No one was seated at that table until 8; our reservation was at 7...Special Features:
- Another Laurel GemSanCarlosLocalVIPDined on 8/15/2014A great new addition to Laurel Street! Awesome wine list.Special Features:
- A new joint in San CarlosOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014While I thought the flavor profiles on the food were generally good, some descriptions on the menu need work. Example; Bone in breast of chicken got you a boneless airline breast with the wing tip bone in it. The pistachio crusted goat cheese had no other flavor but honey that wasn't even mentioned. I also thought the price point on most dishes was at the high end for the quantity of food. Three scallops on the entree, salmon portion could not have been much more then 4 ounces. The large bright open space dinning room to the right of the entrance is a place I would never want to be seated.
- Outdoor chairs need a re-checkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014This restaurant just opened in the last couple of weeks and is stumbling to find firm ground. My group waited at the bar for a dining table outside - the bartenders were friendly and the wait was not too long. Service at the table was a bit slow and splotchy, but you could tell the waitress was new and trying. Our food was okay - similar menu to Piacere down the street (think there is a relationship between the two ,as the bar menu and dinner menu look just like Piacere), but I prefer Piacere over this new spot. Overall our experience was okay - will try it again, but will sit inside next time as the chairs for the tables outside were extremely uncomfortable (everyone in my group felt the same).Special Features:
- BRAND NEWOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014THE RESTAURANT LOOKS GREAT AFTER A REMODEL. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD AND THE MANAGEMENT VERY FRIENDLY. AS IT HAS ONLY BEEN OPEN A WEEK IT OBVIOUSLY HAS SOME KINKS TO IRON OUT. SOME OF OUR FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND SOME NEEDED A LITTLE TWEEKING. BUT I AM SURE THEY WILL WORK IT ALL OUT IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO. THE MANAGEMENT IS VERY PRESENT AND SPEAKING TO THE PATRONS. WE WILL BE BACK SOON.Special Features:
- Entertaining 6 out of town guestSageDined on 8/12/2014We had a wonderful evening. The service was beyond great, we felt like VIPs. Exquisite food from a remarkable menu. We had 4 different bottles of wine, each one better than the last. Beautiful decor and ambiance made this revving one of the nicest dinners we have had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and poor serviceCAvisitorDined on 8/12/2014We left hungry because the portion were incredibly small. The menu lacked ingenuity and flavor. The service was slow. The wait staff was friendly but failed to bring over refills or requested items.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/8/2014Loved sitting in the wine cellar. Amazing service. This is the up-and-coming restaurant in San Carlos.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the West Park Bistro reviews archive.