West Park Bistro
788 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
West Park Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westparkbistro.com/
- Phone: (650) 453-3313
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Bibiano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Simply put, West Park Bistro is the “right fit” for all of your event requirements. A remarkable environment in which to hold your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 6504533313
A word from West Park Bistro
West Park Bistro is nestled in the heart of downtown San Carlos & is built on the principle of solely using fresh local produce. The newly-founded establishment boasts an award winning wine collection designed to compliment a contemporary menu, exclusively using the most satisfactory hand cuts of meat & seafood. Chef Steve Bibiano"s vision encompasses a genre of cuisine that endorses the most sophisticated form of dining. The warm atmosphere & quaint design supplies the ideal destination for brunch, lunch or dinner. The grand Wine Cellar is quintessential for corporate or private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
West Park Bistro - Best Restaurants in San Carlos ›
West Park Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (43)good for groups (39)special occasion (36)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (23)hot spot (22)romantic (19)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2014The restaurant looks inviting from the outside. The wine list and dinner menu look exciting online. We found that they do have a really nice selection of wines but felt they were over priced. The food did not live up to our expectations. We tried two different appetizers and each did have dinner as well. The food was bland and nothing really exceptional.Special Features:
- A great addition to San CarlosAdamNoSDined on 11/14/2014We've been here a few times already (brunch, lunch & dinner) -- both with a group of kids (under 3yrs old!) and an adults-only dinner. They've always provided excellent service and the food is outstanding. It's now our new favourite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice San Carlose DestinationMunchingMarkVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great selection of appetizers, salads and entrees with excellent service. The wine selection is VERY impressive. It was our first time and we look forward to going back. Glad to see them doing so well with little publicity.Special Features:
- Great Decor, Good FoodLocaliteDined on 11/7/2014The décor is very well done. The enclosed (private?) room with walls lined with wine bottles is a nice option for groups or more private dining. The lighting is very attractive. Other positives are the creative dishes on the menu and the attentive service. Unfortunately one big negative was consistency of some dishes coming out of the kitchen. All four of us ordered the salad with papaya, tomatoes, and caramelized garlic. The first two salads brought out had all the ingredients, but the second two salads were missing the papaya and caramelized garlic. A big disappointment! Otherwise we really enjoyed our first visit here.Special Features:
- Good but priceyLAR007VIPDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed the food and cocktails (nice selection here) but found the food about a 7 and the service about that or a 6. Nice staff and greeter but they need to be a bit more attentive. We poured out own wine and champagne a few times. The food is good but for the price attention needs to be paid on presentation. Our waitress was very nice but her timing and pacing of where we were in the evening was off. I'd try it again b/c it has potential and I liked the energy of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice addition to San CarlosValkDined on 11/4/2014We went to West Park to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday. It's a beautiful restaurant, upscale and open feeling, modern and yet not stuffy. The steak tartare appetizer was really good. I had the lamb chops, beautifully cooked. My husband had a tasty ribeye. My daughter had scallops and loved them. Our youngest had spaghetti and meatballs - a half portion, which they will do for any pasta for children. We all enjoyed what we ordered. The bread pudding served with a birthday candle was amazing. The service was outstanding. The only criticism was that the vegetables were undercooked, but some people like them that way, and we only had to ask for a bit more cooking for them. No problem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServicepcmanpeninsulaDined on 11/2/2014We drop in and wait and wait at the table for the drink order. We finally order and the bartender takes forever to make the drinks. The restaurant needs more employees to work the floor. I think there was only 2 for the whole restaurant. Ordering food was a little better and it came out sooner than expected. If we're dropping $400+ for a table of 6 make it a memorable experience please!!!
- Doesn't stand outOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/31/2014Fashionable and comfortable restaurant with average food. Overpriced for what they offer. Extensive wine list which needs a few more interesting and lower priced wines. I had the scallops wrapped in eggplant. Two thin strips of eggplant visible in the rice mixture and none wrapped around the scallops--all plated on a huge mound of rice. Skirt steak was tough and was overmatched by the towering pile of mashed potatoes made gray with truffles. Won't go again unless we hear they have a new chef or a major menu revision.
- Good new restaurantGooseVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten here a couple times and both were good. Steak was grilled correctly and the mashed potatoes were a good side. Goat cheese appetizer is yummy and the service was good. They have quite the extensive wine list. We liked how the bar is separate from a couple rooms so it's not noisy.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in San Carlos!SanCarlosLocalVIPDined on 10/23/2014A welcome new edition to Laurel Street. Food and service were terrific. Wine list is amazing.Special Features:
- Great findluv2dineDined on 10/22/2014West Park is a pleasant surprise. The food was great and service was friendly and welcoming. From the cocktails to dessert everything was delicious and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but food not that greatMenloGuyDined on 10/18/2014The location, decor, and ambiance are all very good. We had a table of 8 and were placed in a semi-private room which was nice because it kept the noise down. The wine list was extensive, but also very expensive - not just in the selections but also in the markup. Most importantly, the food was average at best. I had the filet, which was overdone (I opted not send it back because I was hungry) and the accompanying sauce was uninspired. The bacon wrapped asparagus was nicely prepped - this was probably the highlight of the meal. I also tried a bite of skirt steak and lamb chop; neither made me think I would want those next time.Special Features:
- Pleasant, but….HelenMDined on 10/17/2014The food was good, but not exceptional. The service was good. The wine list is exceptional. The noise level is very high, too high for us to have a conversation without raised voices. Otherwise, a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menu itemsmjk1VIPDined on 10/14/2014The food was excellent. We had the date/bacon appetizer which was outstanding, the lamb sandwich and beet ravioli which were excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averagedoemarieDined on 10/7/2014Food was average, service not so much. The music was was a bit much for dinnertime.
- Welcome West Park bistroFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014West Park bistro is relatively new to the San Carlo's restaurant scene. Their food is fresh and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the grilled lamb chops. They were outstanding. Their bread pudding was fabulous.Service is exceptional and the owner came by the table to think our group for coming to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful addition to San CarlosFoodloverVIPDined on 9/28/2014My husband, daughter, and I dined at West Park Bistro the other night. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and shown to our table in the lovely dining room. The cocktails were excellent. Our waiter was attentive and was there when we needed anything but was not intrusive. We each chose a different entree and the steak, chicken, and sea bass were all delicious. This is a terrific addition to the San Carlos dining scene. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/28/2014The only negative comment is that the tables are very small and all packed in. No room for a butter dishes at a table for four. Suggest seniors go somewhere else if you want to relax at dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was our 1st visit to West Park. I must say, we were thrilled. From the service to food, everything was outstanding. The menu is quite diverse. Something for everyone. We will be returning for sureSpecial Features:
- Monday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/22/2014I enjoyed their new England clam chowder as an appetizer. Nice flavor. Beautiful color. For my entrée I had the penne pasta with chicken olives and peppers. Wonderful flavors. My dining partner had the really beautiful beet and goat cheese ravioli. A tasty Keylime pie finished our meal off; just the right balance of tart and sweet.
- Great addition to San Carlos!dvnoneVIPDined on 9/20/2014They have an incredible wine list, amazing food and great service! This is truly a wonderful addition to San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantPGW1961VIPDined on 9/19/2014Great atmosphere Good selection on menu - portion sizes are just right. good overall ambience and good start. happySpecial Features:
- LarmoGLarmoGVIPDined on 9/15/2014We live in San Carlos and are enjoying seeing the renaissance of the downtown area. WPB is a great addition to the neighborhood and I would rate it in the top 3 best restaurants in San Carlos, I had VIP's for dinner last week and we qualified for the "Clean Plate Club" Hall of Fame - good food, nice ambiance! I will be back this coming week with a different knowing they will have a positive experience!Special Features:
- Welcome addition to Laurel St.PAdinerVIPDined on 9/15/2014A new restaurant off to a great start. Both of our lunches were quite good and, for a quality restaurant, reasonably priced. Will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Food is too expensive for what you get, and it's not that outstanding. Service, drinks and location is good. Has potential
- WinnerG456Dined on 9/13/2014Wanted to try something new and someone recommended West Park Bistro for our Wedding Anniversaries enjoyed by 3 couples. Sat quickly, and had drinks in our hands in a very timely manner. It was busy, but we still had just the right amount of attention when we needed or wanted something. Very surprised at the mature level of service for such a new restaurant. Food was delicious, salads were good and the main course was even better. The owner came by and chatted with us, and even sent over a round of almond (champagne I think) drinks. This place will get very popular and rightly so.Special Features:
- helskiierDined on 9/13/2014The service was great for our table of 4. We sat outside and we did not feel crowded. When I had a question about the wine selection, the waiter admitted that this was not his area of expertise and sent over the sommelier, which I appreciated. The food was very good, but I also considered it to be kind of pricey. For the four of us, including wine, $300.Special Features:
- Another Great SanCarlos RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, very busy - We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Headed in the right directionkknevadaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Open only 1 month and they seem to be firing on all cylinders . . . definitely worth a try. Hope they keep the spaghetti and meatballs!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!FireWife96Dined on 9/6/2014Great new addition to downtown San Carlos! Great food, great service, extensive wine list and a good bar! Went out to dinner with a group of friends. We ordered fried calamari, kale salads, skirt steak, filet mignon, sea bass, salmon and past and every dish was delicious!!! Everything was PERFECT!!! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our first time and we were impressed with the nice decour and friendly service, Great delicious dishes! very fresh! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood additionmimychoiVIPDined on 9/5/2014It was a great experience!!! Food was good and service was exceptional!!! I am so happy we now have an great additional in our neighborhood that we can go to for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Good ExperiencemargoVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant has been open for about a month. Calamari was ok, appetizer meatballs were good, salmon was good, ravioli was tough, chilean sea bass was excellent. Service was good. Will give it another try in a few months so they have time to get the kinks out.Special Features:
- A new competitorAdmiralDined on 9/5/2014A great first impression, Service a bit spotty. Still some growing pains but should improve as they find the groove. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great food and wine listRamblistDined on 9/1/2014Great food and wine list. Service could haven better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the neighborhood!NanaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have already been here twice and it's been great both times. Great food and service. And the bar is awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6sing7alongVIPDined on 8/29/2014A terrible dining experience. We had 10 people for a birthday dinner. Drinks were not told to us that they were doubles....drink tab $200 10 drinks. Next..rib eye steak was undercooked after being told it was to be well-done. The staff wasn't pleasant. I will not ever go back. I am a local in San Carlos and this is the worse dining experience I've ever had.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014THIS WAS OUR SECOND TIME AT WEST PARK, AND THIS EXPERIENCE MUCH BETTER THAN OUR FIRST TIME. THE FOOD WAS GREAT ALL AROUND, AS WAS THE SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE. THEY WERE VERY BUSY AND EVERTHING WAS DONE WELL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Great FindCeshVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is a new restaurant and it is definitely a keeper. The food was excellent (I had salmon and my friend had scallops) and the wine list is very impressive. The food was nicely presented and cooked perfectly. The ambiance is lovely and the service was top notch. This is only their 3rd week in business so the beginning of a good thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive Menu for New RestaurantTheDesignStylistVIPDined on 8/21/2014My spouse and I enjoyed a great meal for two at this new restaurant (booked on OpenTable without any reviews). We weren't disappointed. Inventive menu was a huge hit and we both loved our appetizer (prawns) and seasonal entrees (my beet and goat cheese ravioli was awesome). Fun drink menu too. Lively dining room (next to bar) isn't great for a quiet evening, but we loved the view of the kitchen and bar. The bread pudding desert we shared was mouthwatering. We will be back.Special Features: