West on Centre
1732 Centre St.
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
West on Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westoncentreboston.com/
- Phone: 6173234199x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00 pm Lounge open until 2 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cheung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With capacity for up to 100 guests one of our 3 spaces are sure to be the perfect venue for any occasion worth celebrating.
- Private Party Contact: Eleanor Greene 6173234199x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
Taco Tuesdays and Bring Your Own Wine Night
Thursday Night Brews & Bar Bites
Half Price Pizza Wednesdays
A word from West on Centre
West on Centre is an 80 seat restaurant and bar located on Centre Street in Boston's West Roxbury neighborhood. West features a main dining room with open kitchen, classic mahogany bar, and relaxing lounge area. Their goal at West is to create a neighborhood meeting place that combines style, friendliness, great food and drinks that makes it the perfect night out with friends, neighbors, or just the two of you. Featuring a private dining area, chef's table, and open fireplace, West serves up casual American food, creative cocktails, and offers an affordable wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West on Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (21)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)romantic (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Overall a good experienceJaimeDined on 8/23/2014The resturant wasn't very crowded for a Saturday night. The service was ok, nothing over the top but not terrible. The server knew her beer which was a pleasant suprize. The food was good. Again, nothing over the top delicious but not terrible... Just good. With the way food prizes keep rising, I want something great for the prices I'm paying. The front door staff were amazing, super friendly. Nice place, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2goodVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always a pleasure to visit WEST. Service is excellent, ambiance is perfect, great for 2 or a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time2goodVIPDined on 8/19/2014Perfectly located in West Roxbury nice central location to meet up with friend and catch up. Had the Grilled Pear and Goat Cheese salad with Shrimp it was the perfect meal. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableCarolVIPDined on 8/19/2014This has become one of our favorite go to restaurants. Food is always good, staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KiwiDined on 8/12/2014Celebrating a birthday andate outside. The waitperson went all out to make it special. Helpful but not intrusive service and no pressure to rush through and turn over the table. Food delicious! Try the Key Lime Pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good; service TOO attentivewazzupDined on 8/10/2014The food and the ambiance were great; we arrived at 10:30 on a Sunday morning in August, and were pleased to find it not too crowded. Even better, it wasn't noisy; we were easily able to talk with each other. The only thing that marred the experience was overly attentive service. We must have been interrupted at least a dozen times during our hour or so there, to ask how things were, if we wanted anything else, etc. The problem may have been made worse when we asked a 2nd person to take our order (the only time our waitress was not around was when we were ready to order), from which point two people were serving the table for a while. But even if that had not happened, too many interruptions from our waitress. That said -- nice place!Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.JaimeDined on 7/29/2014I always have great service at West. The food is always good too. I just feel that places in general are charging an arm and a leg for food these days. Overall, I enjoy eatting here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyTDined on 7/19/2014I love their Bar-b-que steak tips.. they are amazing...Special Features:
- West on CentretopcoatDined on 7/11/2014We have been going to West on Centre for several years. The service and food have been exceptional consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatDaveInBostonDined on 6/30/2014Generous bartenders and great menu selection always make this a perfect place to go for groups who all like something different. The fish is always cooked perfectly. The tacos are a nice surprise. The meats are cooked the way you ask for them. And you can't go wrong with the good ol burger stand-by.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014We had a party of three. Each of us enjoyed our dinner. The portions were generous and the food delicious. We were able to converse easily. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Tried It AgainCarolVIPDined on 6/20/2014We continue to go back to West On Centre after not having been for about 4 or 5 years. The new chef has a created a very good menu. Again, the only complaint is the price of the vodka martinis- way too high for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchSoxFanMom29Dined on 6/15/2014We made a reservation for Father's Day Brunch - party of 7. The food and service was excellent. It can get a little bit loud but that was ok. Everyone enjoyed their food and drink. The only negative is that they don't have an outdoor patio . It was a beautiful day and we would have loved to be outdoors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Great drink/beer selection, nice bar area, great menu, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming2goodVIPDined on 6/14/2014Nice neighborhood gem with excellent service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKarriekarDined on 6/13/2014This place is great for families, but families with older kids who don't rely on grilled cheese and chicken fingers. It's lovely. There's an outdoor area. A great bar. And the food and service are always in top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Happy With FoodCarolVIPDined on 6/13/2014We are still happy with West On Centre after going back this past February, after not having been for quite a few years. The food has improved quite a bit,. The staff are very helpful. Main complaint still, though, the martinis are too expensive for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGoodeatsDined on 6/7/2014We were seated in a corner next to a curtain dividing us from a large wedding celebration in response to a quiet spot. I asked my salmon be cooked medium, not overdone , yet it arrived dry and flavorless, drenched in teriyaki sauce which overpowered the entire dish. My huabsnd's bolognese was prepared with brisket and sausage, odd and un enjoyable ( our sever mistakenly told us it was made of ground beef and pork corrected her mistake as we were being served. A disappointing experience overall. Sadly, we will not be coming back.
- Great mid-week dinnerCarlTDined on 6/4/2014We arrived at 7:30PM on a Wednesday evening. The bar was jumping the fortunately the dining room was quite. Nice for those who want either ambience. Service was quick and very friendly. Guacamole was superb. Salads and main dishes were very good and priced appropriately. This was our second visit and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- trying hardwestroxnomoreVIPDined on 5/18/2014Short and sweet, server was a gem so apologetic.I got my meal, 10 minutes went by and still none for my partner. Was told tape ran out in kitchen, accepted apology and free drink. Food came out 10 minutes later, mine was cold and no offer to refire, and hers was meat even though ordered veggie burger. Another drink compted. Dessert and meat burger compted. Got bill, was happy to see all that was mishandled was off the bill but was double charged for hotdog trio special with beer flight then charged again for beer flight. Didn't want to deal anymore on a slow Sunday so paid, tipped 20% and left. They can try but I wouldn't expect them to ever get it right. We are moving soon so no need to bookmark this place.
- Great Neighborhood GemthegreatfoodieDined on 5/17/2014I have been going to this restaurant for about a year. It's my go to spot when I am in the Boston the area. The food is always fantastic with one of the best service staff in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week supperOut2lunchDined on 5/7/2014Met here to catch up with an old friend. Good food. Good wine. Gracious server with a good sense of humor, who kept track of us over a long, leisurely dinner!Special Features:
- The following 369 reviews are from the West on Centre reviews archive.
- Nice place for a casual dinner.KarenVIPDined on 4/25/2014West on Center takes reservations and honors them. Service was at a good pace so that we could try to chat with our friends. THe restaurant is very noisy, mostly coming from the bar I think. I felt like i had to yell for others to hear me. My short ribs were very slaty, but everyone else did not have that same issue with their meals. Our waitress made a fresh pot of decaf coffee for us to go with our yummy dessert. All in all, we would return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014This was out fourth trip to West on Centre since moving to West Roxbury a few months ago, and once again, we had a great experience! The restaurant is beautiful with a large modern dining room, outdoor seating and a bar that offers large farmhouse tables perfect for families. The menu offers a creative take on many classics and doesn't disappoint! What I especially love is that West on Centre has created a dining experience that is perfect for all. Where young families dine with seniors, groups of girlfriends next to a multi-generational reunion. This truly is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Really good, consistent foodeggyVIPDined on 4/21/2014We've been there twice and have ordered broadly from the menu. Almost everything was outstanding.. Portions are generous. The fried dough dessert is excellent. The only negative would be that the bananas in the bread pudding were not ripe enough so weren't well integrated into it.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014West on Centre is our "go to" restaurant for great meal without the commute into Boston. Foodies won't be disappointed. The bread is inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnercjadeDined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely Easter Dinner and Birthday celebration. The Staff was friendly and the service was great. The meals and appetizers were delicisiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all that greatBangerDined on 4/18/2014People talked about this place, blech. More boston substandard food.Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/16/2014I've always had a good experience at West! The food is fantastic--tasty, well-presented, etc. We had a gluten-free vegetarian in our party and she had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chapel GrillLp158Dined on 4/12/2014Server didn't know they were provondong bread and oil for the table, after waiting for about 30 minutes. Food was tasteless. For a Sunday brunch? The place had so many vacant tables; I guess the word is out that the foods not as fine as the place looks.
- A nice choiceGoodeatsDined on 4/7/2014Good food, healthy portions, nice atmosphere, friendly staff and moderate prices. Who could ask for more? This was a perfect choice for dinner with a friend who was visiting from out of town. A vegetarian, she had several menu options, we were well taken care of by the staff and enjoyed our meal and catching up with each other! A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rushed serviceelizkgdDined on 4/5/2014for our 6:30pm Saturday reservation, we arrived right on time and were seated immediately. our waiter was great, but we felt rushed the entire time! our appetizer came in minutes, our food came out before we had even finished the app. the waiter tried to clear my plate before i was done eating, and he brought the check before we finished our wine. it was very odd, and we noticed other tables being served very quickly, as well. considering the price of the meal, and the nice tip we left, i would have expected more ambiance and courtesy. we probably will spend our hard-earned money elsewhere when we want to splurge next.
- Great neighborhood restaurant & barCaseyDined on 3/26/2014Food was solid, much better than the last time we were there, though this was several years ago. Relaxed, cozy atmosphere. Generous portions, excellent quality and flavor of ingredients, nice range of offerings on the menu . Service was attentive (and patient, we had a chatty group).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of six whoAnnaBDined on 3/25/2014We had a group of six who arrived at different times. All were accommodated in a timely and friendly fashion and the food was fantastic. Fun lunch for a group. Great shared desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly neighborhood spotDebrisVIPDined on 3/24/2014West-on-Centre has good ,friendly, warm atmosphere. Nice fireplace on wintry days/nights and terrific food. The burgers are the best around . And they make excellent cocktails- try the pear martini: yum! Also- appetizers are varied and good as well as salmon entrees.this winter the home style pot roast was so good we went back 3 times to order it! Their chef is most accommodating and has made vegan entrees for our vegan family member and she loves it: mushroom terrine! This is a special place and the locals know , so make a reservation so you're sure to get a table. Sunday brunch is delicious , too! Remember this spot, it worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a get together2freshDined on 3/23/2014Worked well for a casual neighborhood restaurant to gather with friends and stay in the area. Nice and easy, food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!eggyVIPDined on 3/22/2014I am sorry that we only found this restaurant now. Great food great service and reasonable prices. We had meat, vegetarian and fish dishes and all were terrific. Soda refills without asking. A new favorite local place and better than many in BostonSpecial Features:
- Great food, but very noisyenajDined on 3/15/2014Food, service, presentation were all great. But very difficult to hear our guests over the noise of children squealing and folks yelling across tables.Special Features:
- Glad We Tried It AgainCarolVIPDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I had not been to the restaurant for a few years. We have been back now about 3 times since then. The food is quite good. The atmosphere was always nice. I still will complain, though, that their vodka martinis are way too expensive for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- I ordered the baked haddock,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I ordered the baked haddock, it came with green beans and mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious and the serving was very generous. My husband ordered banana bread pudding for dessert and it fed three well. Excellent service also. Would definetly return and recommend to othersSpecial Features: