West on Centre
1732 Centre St.
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
West on Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westoncentreboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 323-4199
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00 pm Lounge open until 2 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cheung
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With capacity for up to 100 guests one of our 3 spaces are sure to be the perfect venue for any occasion worth celebrating.
- Private Party Contact: Eleanor Greene 6173234199x
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch
Taco Tuesdays and Bring Your Own Wine Night
Thursday Night Brews & Bar Bites
Half Price Pizza Wednesdays
A word from West on Centre
West on Centre is an 80 seat restaurant and bar located on Centre Street in Boston's West Roxbury neighborhood. West features a main dining room with open kitchen, classic mahogany bar, and relaxing lounge area. Their goal at West is to create a neighborhood meeting place that combines style, friendliness, great food and drinks that makes it the perfect night out with friends, neighbors, or just the two of you. Featuring a private dining area, chef's table, and open fireplace, West serves up casual American food, creative cocktails, and offers an affordable wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
West on Centre - Best Restaurants in West Roxbury ›
West on Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (22)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday with a great dinner. Service was excellent and food was good. Ambiance was warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimMartinDined on 11/22/2014As usual West on Centre was a great place to celebrate a birthday. The service was great, attentive at the right times. Our meals were prepared well and enjoyed by everyone. The only issue was that two of the specials, which three of us had wanted to order, were sold out and it was only 7:30. A little disappointing, but no worries, there are plenty of other choices. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchandreagriffDined on 11/16/2014We went to West to celebrate a friend's birthday for brunch. There were great selections and no one was disappointed with their meal. The bloody marys were especially yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was good...spghttiyettiDined on 11/13/2014Do not get the fried dough for dessert. Everything was good, nothing was great. I guess I just had high expectations because of the price. My friend seemed to really enjoy the fish n' chips. I would be interested to try their lunch/brunch menu. Great beer choices. I'm not convinced they got my reservation through OpenTable but it didn't really matter because there wasn't a wait at 7pm on a Thursday. Parking is street parking and while their website says it's ample that's only true if you don't mind a little bit of a walk.Special Features:
- Great dinner at West on Centre108226Dined on 11/11/2014Who knew that Tuesday evening was the 'hot' night for dining out in West Roxbury? This is a reliably good restaurant and, yes, reservations are very helpful. We also enjoy the calamari with Thai sauce and peppers. Great selection of beers to choose from. Good specials priced reasonably. Service is friendly and attentive. You can't really go wrong -- and love the open kitchen!Special Features:
- Great dinnerFoodNetworkJunkieDined on 11/7/2014We have love west on center and have had numerous tasty/seasonal dishes there. Anything with beef or fish is particularly delicious! (aka baked haddock, steak tips, and burgers, all YUM!) And while my husband appreciates a good meal, he is not the foodie that I am, and I would happily have a meal at West on Center any time!Special Features:
- Perfect setting for a rainy night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014West on Centre is such a cozy restaurant! The menu had the perfect amount of choices with a little bit of everything. The service was amazing. We kept adding people to our group and never felt like we were a nuisance. Everyone was impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Welcoming PlaceCarolVIPDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I eat here often. The staff are always friendly. It is an enjoyable place to be.Special Features:
- mary P.maryDined on 10/25/2014This is my third time going here and the food is always good. We brought another couple and we once we were seated, we waited 15 min. for a server to take our drink order. After ordering food, 20 min. past and I was told my special was no longer available. (I think she forgot to put the order in) The rest of the table got their food and I had to wait another 10 min. for my steak tips. Bad service!Special Features:
- great nighttndkVIPDined on 10/18/2014first time here, we'll be back. Sarah made us feel welcome, and was attentive through-out. The food was phenomenal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local restaurantnew2rozzieVIPDined on 10/14/2014great local and convenient restaurant. went in to grab a bite at the bar for lunch one day - next thing you know - we're booking our small wedding reception there. good food, decent prices and overall nice venue!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/12/2014Went for trivia and bar was too crowded -ate in dining room. Very pleasant service but food was slow to table. Very good pub ste foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedinrozzieDined on 10/12/2014We waited forever for our food. Broccoli was undercooked, mashed potatoes cold. Bread looked like slice loaf. Dessert was served without utensils. Very disappointed--this used to be an excellent restaurant.
- A gem in West RoxburyLuvgreatserviceDined on 10/3/2014Friendly and helpful staff. They were happy to accomodate our last minute reservation and were very attentative during our meal, even on a busy friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingthegreatfoodieDined on 9/27/2014A group of us went for a birthday party. they handled it with ease. Everyone's food came out at the same time and it was all superb. From apps to desserts everything was fantastic. I can't wait for my next trip to the boston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceJaimeDined on 8/23/2014The resturant wasn't very crowded for a Saturday night. The service was ok, nothing over the top but not terrible. The server knew her beer which was a pleasant suprize. The food was good. Again, nothing over the top delicious but not terrible... Just good. With the way food prizes keep rising, I want something great for the prices I'm paying. The front door staff were amazing, super friendly. Nice place, overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2goodVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always a pleasure to visit WEST. Service is excellent, ambiance is perfect, great for 2 or a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time2goodVIPDined on 8/19/2014Perfectly located in West Roxbury nice central location to meet up with friend and catch up. Had the Grilled Pear and Goat Cheese salad with Shrimp it was the perfect meal. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableCarolVIPDined on 8/19/2014This has become one of our favorite go to restaurants. Food is always good, staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KiwiDined on 8/12/2014Celebrating a birthday andate outside. The waitperson went all out to make it special. Helpful but not intrusive service and no pressure to rush through and turn over the table. Food delicious! Try the Key Lime Pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good; service TOO attentivewazzupDined on 8/10/2014The food and the ambiance were great; we arrived at 10:30 on a Sunday morning in August, and were pleased to find it not too crowded. Even better, it wasn't noisy; we were easily able to talk with each other. The only thing that marred the experience was overly attentive service. We must have been interrupted at least a dozen times during our hour or so there, to ask how things were, if we wanted anything else, etc. The problem may have been made worse when we asked a 2nd person to take our order (the only time our waitress was not around was when we were ready to order), from which point two people were serving the table for a while. But even if that had not happened, too many interruptions from our waitress. That said -- nice place!Special Features:
- The following 385 reviews are from the West on Centre reviews archive.
- Good food. Good service.JaimeDined on 7/29/2014I always have great service at West. The food is always good too. I just feel that places in general are charging an arm and a leg for food these days. Overall, I enjoy eatting here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyTDined on 7/19/2014I love their Bar-b-que steak tips.. they are amazing...Special Features:
- West on CentretopcoatDined on 7/11/2014We have been going to West on Centre for several years. The service and food have been exceptional consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatDaveInBostonDined on 6/30/2014Generous bartenders and great menu selection always make this a perfect place to go for groups who all like something different. The fish is always cooked perfectly. The tacos are a nice surprise. The meats are cooked the way you ask for them. And you can't go wrong with the good ol burger stand-by.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014We had a party of three. Each of us enjoyed our dinner. The portions were generous and the food delicious. We were able to converse easily. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Tried It AgainCarolVIPDined on 6/20/2014We continue to go back to West On Centre after not having been for about 4 or 5 years. The new chef has a created a very good menu. Again, the only complaint is the price of the vodka martinis- way too high for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchSoxFanMom29Dined on 6/15/2014We made a reservation for Father's Day Brunch - party of 7. The food and service was excellent. It can get a little bit loud but that was ok. Everyone enjoyed their food and drink. The only negative is that they don't have an outdoor patio . It was a beautiful day and we would have loved to be outdoors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Great drink/beer selection, nice bar area, great menu, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming2goodVIPDined on 6/14/2014Nice neighborhood gem with excellent service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKarriekarDined on 6/13/2014This place is great for families, but families with older kids who don't rely on grilled cheese and chicken fingers. It's lovely. There's an outdoor area. A great bar. And the food and service are always in top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Happy With FoodCarolVIPDined on 6/13/2014We are still happy with West On Centre after going back this past February, after not having been for quite a few years. The food has improved quite a bit,. The staff are very helpful. Main complaint still, though, the martinis are too expensive for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGoodeatsDined on 6/7/2014We were seated in a corner next to a curtain dividing us from a large wedding celebration in response to a quiet spot. I asked my salmon be cooked medium, not overdone , yet it arrived dry and flavorless, drenched in teriyaki sauce which overpowered the entire dish. My huabsnd's bolognese was prepared with brisket and sausage, odd and un enjoyable ( our sever mistakenly told us it was made of ground beef and pork corrected her mistake as we were being served. A disappointing experience overall. Sadly, we will not be coming back.
- Great mid-week dinnerCarlTDined on 6/4/2014We arrived at 7:30PM on a Wednesday evening. The bar was jumping the fortunately the dining room was quite. Nice for those who want either ambience. Service was quick and very friendly. Guacamole was superb. Salads and main dishes were very good and priced appropriately. This was our second visit and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- trying hardwestroxnomoreVIPDined on 5/18/2014Short and sweet, server was a gem so apologetic.I got my meal, 10 minutes went by and still none for my partner. Was told tape ran out in kitchen, accepted apology and free drink. Food came out 10 minutes later, mine was cold and no offer to refire, and hers was meat even though ordered veggie burger. Another drink compted. Dessert and meat burger compted. Got bill, was happy to see all that was mishandled was off the bill but was double charged for hotdog trio special with beer flight then charged again for beer flight. Didn't want to deal anymore on a slow Sunday so paid, tipped 20% and left. They can try but I wouldn't expect them to ever get it right. We are moving soon so no need to bookmark this place.
- Great Neighborhood GemthegreatfoodieDined on 5/17/2014I have been going to this restaurant for about a year. It's my go to spot when I am in the Boston the area. The food is always fantastic with one of the best service staff in the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week supperOut2lunchDined on 5/7/2014Met here to catch up with an old friend. Good food. Good wine. Gracious server with a good sense of humor, who kept track of us over a long, leisurely dinner!Special Features:
- Nice place for a casual dinner.KarenVIPDined on 4/25/2014West on Center takes reservations and honors them. Service was at a good pace so that we could try to chat with our friends. THe restaurant is very noisy, mostly coming from the bar I think. I felt like i had to yell for others to hear me. My short ribs were very slaty, but everyone else did not have that same issue with their meals. Our waitress made a fresh pot of decaf coffee for us to go with our yummy dessert. All in all, we would return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014This was out fourth trip to West on Centre since moving to West Roxbury a few months ago, and once again, we had a great experience! The restaurant is beautiful with a large modern dining room, outdoor seating and a bar that offers large farmhouse tables perfect for families. The menu offers a creative take on many classics and doesn't disappoint! What I especially love is that West on Centre has created a dining experience that is perfect for all. Where young families dine with seniors, groups of girlfriends next to a multi-generational reunion. This truly is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Really good, consistent foodeggyVIPDined on 4/21/2014We've been there twice and have ordered broadly from the menu. Almost everything was outstanding.. Portions are generous. The fried dough dessert is excellent. The only negative would be that the bananas in the bread pudding were not ripe enough so weren't well integrated into it.Special Features: