West Flanders Brewing
1125 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
West Flanders Brewing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wfbrews.com/
- Phone: 3034472739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Anthony Hessel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fermentopia is a private dining space in the upper level of West Flanders, overlooking beautiful Pearl Street. Fermentopia is the perfect place to host parties, events, rehearsal dinners, and business gatherings. Let us make your event a hit with some of Boulder’s best craft beer, and personalized menu options designed by Chef Anthony Hessel. Fermentopia accommodates 50 guests for sit-down dinners, and over 60 guests for cocktails and mingling. Unlike anywhere else on Pearl Street, our southern windows extend above the walking mall to provide a unique treetop view. Fermentopia is wired with an independent sound system to allow use of a microphone during presentations. Additionally, there is a 42" flat screen TV that is laptop compatible to allow for a visual component to presentations as well. Business or social, your guests will be impressed!
- Private Party Contact: Tom Arthur 3034472739
- Entertainment: Band every Friday Night Open Bluegrass Pick every Monday at 7:00 Cribbage on Tuesday nights at 7:00
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: RTD stops northbound at the Walnut stop 1/2 block South of Pearl St. Southbound the stop is 1/2 block to the North of Pearl St at the Spruce stop. We are located a few doors West of Broadway on Pearl St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available immediately behind West Flanders in the public parking structure. The structure is located to the West off Broadway on Spruce street. This is a one way street and the entrance is on your left.
A word from West Flanders Brewing
West Flanders is Boulder’s Gastro-Brewery. We specialize in small batch fare and Belgian inspired beers. Locally owned since 2012, we have a casual atmosphere with serious offerings. Chef Anthony Hessel is a longtime Boulder staple. With 18 years at the helm of The Med and Braserrie Ten Ten behind him he is now in a small kitchen creating his intimate flavors that go so well with Brian's beer. Brian Lutz has been involved with the Boulder craft beer industry for over two decades. His talents have influenced some of the best beer around, from Lefthand to Oscar Blues. Great for a date, a gathering, or a large party. We look forward to serving you. "Passion Well Served"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West Flanders Brewing reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- West FlandersRhino34VIPDined on 9/22/2014I selected West Flanders for a change of pace in Boulder, CO. The outside sidewalk dining area was fun for people watching. The food and beer were great - service was spot on with plenty of personalized attention even though we were eating outside. The array of brews was impressive - one will find something to savor. The menu choices will necessitate a follow-up visit. Thank you West Flanders and staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awaiting the right tableemacthreeDined on 8/23/2014we had a great visit to WF Brewing, when we arrived the table was ready, but it was not a good location. So I ask the host if we could wait for a table that was in the front near the outdoor dining, he said no probably. We went to the bar with our friends from FLA and ordered some outstanding craft beers. My favorite was the triple lutz. After 20 minutes or so and some great conversation at the bar, we were sat at the perfect table. OUr waiter was awesome explaining all the different types of beers, so we could fine the perfect brew. We took his suggestions and they were spot on. Food was good we enjoyed the devil on horseback (dates wrapped in bacon), they were small dates but they were very tasty. The Chicken sandwich was awesome.Special Features:
- staff was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014we had 2 people who had hearing problems. The staff was most helpful in giving us a quiet table and attending their needs. Beer was what we were there for and it was excellent. Food was very good and paired well with the beer.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the West Flanders Brewing reviews archive.
- not a great visitmleegeeDined on 6/13/2014We've been here several times and like it: interesting food options, unique beer, even a game collection to have some fun with a group. This time however wasn't great. We waited for no less than 20 minutes for anyone to come to our table. Both flanking tables were getting service so I don't know what the problem was. Once our waiter finally arrived he made no apology or explanation- but the food did come out very quickly once he took our orders. Apart from the wait it would have also been nice to have a few more food options. We'll be back but if we have a repeat experience we'll be going elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seating, good foodMtnMommaDined on 5/3/2014We had a perfect spot right where the door opened onto the outdoor seating giving us a view of the Pearl Street Mall happenings. The food was very good. We both had flatbread pizzas that were both tasty and filling. Lots of good choices and not your normal brewhouse offerings. Beer was also very good and they offer samples if you're not sure of what you're getting. Would definitely recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Brunch was OKjjbchansenDined on 3/23/2014Went there because of an article in the local paper about how they had this great beer-themed brunch. Got there and the waitress didn't know anything about it. The featured beer for their brunch was out. Food was OK, but having a salad on top of chicken and waffles was kind of strange despite it actually tasting not that bad. Wife's flatbread was really salty and the crust was not all that exciting. The strong flavor of blue cheese took over almost everything.Special Features:
- Great Date!ValentinesDateDined on 2/14/2014Went with my boyfriend for Valentines Day, last minute reservation never been to the place. Great food, I had some chicken & he had steak w/ his 3 course meal. All the food was delicious! my boyfriend had lots of beer & wine, enjoyed them all! It's a cool surrounding, bar area, little concert set up, 2 stories & can see all the brewery stuff! Service was awesome! Our server was very helpful w/ the menu, even talked to the chef for us. Anyways, good night good food. Would definitely recommended to a friend & probably will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People PromenadecodpodDined on 2/14/2014The view from our table at the window reminded me of The Cours Mirabeau in Aix-en-Provence, France. The food was outstanding, and I recommend the bacon-wrapped dates appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer nirvanaBrewDawg1Dined on 2/12/2014I love this place. Great atmosphere, fun crew and every beer on tap is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great food!BoulderFoodieVIPDined on 2/11/2014Had lunch here this week and was impressed by the menu - a lot of variety and not just typical pub fare. Loved the atmosphere, fun and relaxed with all the brewing equipment right behind the bar. They have a private room upstairs too which looks like a good option for larger groups. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.