West End Tap & Kitchen
334 D Ingalls St
Santa Cruz, CA 95060Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
West End Tap & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://westendtap.com/
- Phone: 8314718115
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from West End Tap & Kitchen
West End is a neighborhood eatery which showcases the flavors of a traditional pub with a California twist; using local, fresh and seasonal foods. Our food is cooked to pair perfectly with one of many craft beers and wines. Our chef brings French cuisine techniques to a simple and approachable menu for all to enjoy and afford! We are proud to offer healthy and fun kids choices along with mouth-watering house-made desserts and ice creams. Come in and be our guest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West End Tap & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MAC1Dined on 9/24/2014Great for foodies. Special menu and good happy hour from 3 to 6. Will defiantly go back soon. Heard they have a great burger they grind their own meat.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014We were looking for a place for dinner in Santa Cruz. There were 6 of us and 2 infants. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. I had a very unique Salmon dish. The flavors were good and the salmon cooked tender and juicy. The beer and wine selection were great too. I can't wait to visit again when I return to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Lots of good food, really like the new york strip and popcorn.Special Features:
- unusual itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The duck fat popcorn was unusual and delicious. The calamari was in a bowl, after awhile all the squid on the bottom got soggy and was unappealing. The burger and fries were very good, but they don't have pickles unless you ask for them. Order the secret sauce on the side it's too sweet for my taste. There is an energetic crowd at the bar with lots of flat screens. Unfortunately the chairs are metal. Bad for the lower back, so you can't stay long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SosoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Outstanding meatballs, but the braised short ribs were dry and difficult to swallow and the new york strip was overcooked (asked for medium rare and received medium). Also, the presentation of the new york strip was a tad odd. (A bunch of cold tomatoes and croutons drenched in vinagrette dumped on top of the pre-sliced strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaDined on 8/2/2014A fit-for-foodies menu (with excellent food to back it up), great beer, and friendly and attentive service. Our first time here ... definitely won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodPaulDined on 7/23/2014This has been consistently good for us. They try to locally source and use organic and I'd like to see more of that.Special Features:
- Wanted to love it...SCFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had heard great things about West End Tap. The space was unique and packed on a Sat. night. We had to wait 15 min. for our reserved table which was okay but that turned out to be the theme of the night. Our server was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We settled on Calamari appetizer, salmon board, a salad and the burger. The calamari came out almost immediately but then we had to wait 45 minutes for our other selections. We also had to wave down the server to get beer/wine refills. We were seated right beside the open kitchen and by the time our food came it had become uncomfortably hot and the food had lost it's appeal. We would also like to see sandwiches offered at dinner. Overall a "Meh" experience.
- The following 12 reviews are from the West End Tap & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Graduation LuncheonShannonDined on 6/14/2014Took a party of 10 here for our son's college graduation luncheon. Busy day and our server was swamped, but he managed to keep everything flowing. Great beer list, imaginative menu, tasty and fun. We sat in an enclosed booth with chalkboard above - chalk on the table so, of course, we wrote congratulatory notes to the new grad! Really liked the oval table - it made talking and dining together much more interactive. We will definitely go here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2014Husband had fried chicken sandwich and it was half gristle. My salad with chicken was gristly too and salad dressing had horrible aftertaste. Will not be back
- New favoriteMarieverteDined on 4/22/2014The staff is young and friendly, the setting is contemporary and open. The hamburger is the best in town and the salads and flatbread delicious! The chicken dish is so- so...and we were seated at a much too large table for four, so could not hear each other. The bar side is very nice for lunch. I would recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backpml9801Dined on 4/4/2014Along with a wide variety of beer, the food menu offers delicious combinations of flavors. It has a friendly, casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal in a fun atmosphereNCrisDined on 3/30/2014Had a really fun time on a double date with friends who had come before and recommended this place. The beer was OK, but the food was really fun and a really nice portion size (not overwhelming but enough for girls to have leftovers.) I love what they've done inside with the decor, definitely a place I'd like to come back to try the lunch or just for a drink and some flatbread. We had skirt steak, burgers and short rib - all entree's were really liked. Also shared the cheese plate and duck fat popcorn before dinner. Only real complaint was our waitress had to be flagged down to order and also get the bill, so perhaps they need another waitress on the floor for busy nights.Special Features:
- Great beer and truly wonderful foodProseDined on 3/8/2014This microbrewery really hits the spot for people who want to go to a "pub" but without the middle-of-the-road pub food. West End Tap has really tied in the best of fresh California cuisine (gourmet salads, mahi mahi), with good brew pub foods (burgers), and some nice main course dishes as well. The beer selection is amazing (my husband ordered a Belgian honey persimmon ale that even I liked--not a beer drinker here), and the wine selection is great too so your wine-preferring wife or gf will be happy there too (at least I was). The service was really good, but the real ding I would give it is on the noise level. With hard surfaces everywhere, the noise was hard to take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotHendersonVIPDined on 3/4/2014Found this place by chance & was impressed. Great beers, food, & atmosphere. I'll go back when I'm the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestMommaLovesToEatDined on 2/18/2014I am a very picky eater and have ALWAYS been impressed with the menu. There hasn't been a single item that I wouldn't order (and I usually have a hard time finding more than a couple items). Everything is fresh, flavorful, and plated beautifully. It is by far my favorite place for lunch, happy hour and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost greatDisappointedDined on 1/22/2014Greeted at door but the greeter didn't check our reservation. We had to tell them after our meal that It was with Open Table-important if you want the dining points. That was the way service was the entire meal: not quite there. The restaurant was not busy so there was no reason for not being more attentive. However, we loved the menu choices and loved our meals. Will definitely return. The duck fat popcorn was delicious as an appetizer and would be great with any of their beers. Try the flatbreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and craft beerGregADined on 12/31/2013West End Tap is a great place! The food and the ambiance are amazing. Both times we have been we've been blown away by the quality and taste of the entrees. (get the duck fat popcorn for a $3 appetizer and the chicken may be the best we've ever had!) Their beer list is great, mostly their own craft beers with rotating seasonal beers and a wide selection of both light and dark beers. But overall I rate the quality of their beers as just mediocre. West End Tap is in my personal list of top five best restaurants in Santa Cruz and a must for anyone in the Santa Cruz area. Extra tip: They have three special secluded booths for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new place on the West SideOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/3/2013Went there Sunday night, had a very good meal. Fish was cooked to perfection, and the pastrami-sliders appetizer was brilliant. I would definitely recommend it - even though it's a "brew" place, they also had a very nice wine selection.Special Features:
- Chairs the only big problemsnewwithyouVIPDined on 11/3/2013The food and service were definitely worth returning for, but the metal chairs were quite uncomfortable. One constantly fights sliding forward in them!I would recommend this to a friend.