West End Cafe
187 Glen Cove Road
Carle Place, NY 11514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
West End Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westendli.com/
- Phone: 5162945608x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Holden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At West End Cafe we offer an extensive off premise catering menu that can complement any occasion. Please call the restaurant to inquire about our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: On Saturday and Sunday afternoons, our restaurant can accommodate private events for groups of 50 or more. Please call the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 5162945608x
A word from West End Cafe
West End Cafe located in Carle Place Long Island, offers a New American menu. Chef/Owner Bill Holden prides himself on maintaining a standard of excellence that has put us on the top of fine dining on Long Island. Come wine & dine where you can enjoy a gourmet meal, fine wines, the latest beers & seasonal cocktails. Here at West End Cafe we take pride in supporting our local farms & wineries. Come in and enjoy our menu that changes seasonally, offering the best Long Island has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
West End Cafe - Best Restaurants in Carle Place ›
West End Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (88)great for lunch (53)special occasion (51)good for groups (39)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)romantic (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- YummyJaxterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Delicious ahi tuna!! Service was right on point. The bread basket was our favorite part!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flowergirlDined on 10/14/2014This is a consistently wonderful restaurant. The rack of lamb dish contained 8 chops! Shrimp with white beans, spinach, pasta excellent as was the lobster ravioli. Desserts delicious as were appys. Will continue to visit frequently.Special Features:
- Stu's reviewDinnerWithStuDined on 10/11/2014This was my first time at West End Cafe. The food was very good, the service was very good as well. The only thing I didn't like was they charged tax at the bar while waiting for my table. Two drinks $18.47 Just round it off one way or the other. I will definitely go back thereSpecial Features:
- YummyRBSB1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to this restaurant many times but have not been there in at least 3 years. The food is always terrific. I couldn't remember why we stopped going until we went again. The seating for two is very uncomfortable. Too close to the party next to you. That is my only complaint. Service was so so on this visit. Very pricey. But the food was amazing. It was also extremely noisy. I couldn't hear my Husband who was across the table from me without straining. I would return but maybe on an off hour, when it isn't insane. Worth the trip though.Special Features:
- Nice Place to EatFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Haven't been here in over a year. Boy, didn't know what I was missing. Really good food! I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food and service. Went early so restaurant was fairly quiet, which we appreciated, since tables are close together.Special Features:
- JustWhatILikeDined on 9/27/2014What a Find! Not familiar with the area, but was in the area for an appointment and had googled what was nearby. West End Cafe came up and the pictures and menu online looked like someplace we'd like to go. Our party of 4 women had a fabulous lunch! We were all impressed. It looks like a small place tucked away in a shopping center, but don't let that fool you! Once you get inside you know this is where you want to be. Food was excellent, all of us were extremely happy with our choices. Our server was very friendly and provided us with good information when it came to making choices. And the restaurant is very tastefully done and has a certain flair. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected findFoodiegalVIPDined on 9/26/2014West End has been a favorite spot of mine for years. It is located in a random shopping center, but that doesn't stop a steady stream of clients all week. The food has always been excellent, and my go to fave is the ahi tuna and soba noodles. This time I tried the lamb chops which are out of this world and are truly the best I have ever had. Not to mention a hearty portion, not 3 little bites! Great any night but expect Sat to be very busy! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisydinerDined on 9/25/2014Food, service and ambiance is exceptional. Can't wait to return and try something else. Everyone at our table had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- 8340Dined on 9/24/2014My favorite place in Nassau County. Food was serviced just perfect & delicious. Friendly & attentive staff. Have recommended to my neighbors. Reservation right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUNDMCVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very good, Will definitely return in the future. Keep up the great workSpecial Features:
- Great Place for a foodieClaudineDined on 9/22/2014The Twilight Diner is the best. When my friend and I need a good place to take for hours this is our favorite. The service and food are outstanding.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 9/20/2014Its always a pleasure to dine w you... the food is always delicious. your wait staff is terrifc & accomdating. we look forward to coming back, again & again, always bringing new friends.Special Features:
- coopers dadcoopersdadDined on 9/19/2014The West End Café, is a great place to bring a first date. The staff is attentive to the customers and quick to please. It has a great menu and there is something on it for everyone.Special Features:
- PalmasgirlDined on 9/17/2014This little restaurant was discovered by my husband and myself about 14 years ago and I've been going ever since. Lately, my girlfriends and I have made it our own go to place for fun lunches but business men sometimes outnumber the girls. The staff is wonderful, food always delicious and interesting and the wife-husband hostess-chef combination is very friendly. It's a gem hidden in the corner of a small shopping center which makes it an exciting discover.Special Features:
- calligrapherDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were quite exceptional. I keep coming back for more.Special Features:
- Delicious foodkendigramVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were a group of four on a Sunday night. Everything was delicious, service was perfect. The Prix Fix dinners are an amazing deal. Never had a bad dinner here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014West End is consistently good; not only is the food delicious but their presentation is far above most restaurantsI would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in lively settingsweetieDined on 9/12/2014We have loved this restaurant for years. The food is never disappointing. We had delicious lobster salads as our main courses. It was hard to chose among the many interesting entrees. Some of the outstanding appetizers we have had in the past are the crispy duck tacos, the calamari and the mussels. The early bird special is a bargain at $31.00, three courses with most of the selections on the dinner menu included. The service was amiable and unrushed. Our waitress suggested an excellent white wine which was perfect. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:
- foodluversDined on 9/12/2014Have gone here for the last 10 year for dinner and always love the food and have a good experience. But, this time I went for lunch and was very disappointed. My dish was extremely salty. When I asked for a particular type of roll they told me they were only served at dinner, and my iced tea was bitter. The food was my biggest issue. With a price tag of almost $18 dollars for a lunch dish it should have been perfect. I had the shrimp with the asian soba noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unnecessary noisecantstnadthenoiseVIPDined on 9/9/2014Although their cleintele is hardly young, (mostly middle aged people to seniors) the management deems it necessary to blast background music to the point that it is uncomfortable to try to have a conversation. We had to ask several times that the volume be turned down.
- Great prixe fixe menuBabs5332Dined on 9/8/2014I had heard about this restaurant for several years but never had a chance to go. I was pleasantly surprised by their twilight menu which is offered all day Sunday & all Monday nite as well as up to 6:30 other nights. The menu was very extensive especially for a prixe fixe. The salads were quite large & my pork chop was huge. There were at least 8 dessert choices & the peach tart, although very sweet, was delicious. All in our party enjoyed the food & I would definitely return.Special Features:
- ReviewMurreviewVIPDined on 9/6/2014I love WEC I have been there many many times. I think the personal attantion to the dinor has changed. They seem to put the rush to turn the table, I think they have to return toi the values that made it great.f , thanking the people that love being there instead of who many more they can seat. Enjoy who you are, Don't change it for the buck. You are great. Don't change.Special Features:
- Always a winnerNeptuneDined on 9/2/2014A friend and I had a number of restaurants to choose from and West End Cafe was the winner. Delicious, interesting menu. Excellent service. Lovely surroundings. First class chef in the kitchen.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014When the price fixed menu is availble, this restaurant is excellent choice. When it is not available, the choices are different and the ravioli was tough and poorly cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/30/2014once again our dinner was delicious, fresh and our waiter was terrific.Special Features:
- 1968mustangDined on 8/30/2014Have been to this restaurant many, many times and have never been dis-appointed. The food and service is always A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West end cafe rocks!TomFromLIDined on 8/29/2014We had excellent service combined with great menu selections! Really liked the fusion of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitMakeItTastyDined on 8/28/2014A pleasant surprise. I am not a fan of garlic but a basket of different rolls is brought to the table and one is a garlic roll. Best I have ever had. Our meals were delicious and the short braised ribs I had were excellent. Service was just OK. Being that it was our first visit I am not sure if that is atypical. Our waiter was working a number of tables. The mixed drinks we ordered were very well made. Overall, it left a very positive impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysBribri13Dined on 8/26/2014I had the Lemon/Asparagus Ricotta Ravioli and it was delicious. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was equally good. Yum!!!Special Features:
- go 2 placermplVIPDined on 8/25/2014love,love,love great everything. always consistent
- Not what I rememberedveffVIPDined on 8/24/2014Was here a few years ago and there was a variety of plates being offered. Menu is somewhat limited. There is a prix fixe 3 course offering that makes it easier to take the lack of interesting dishes. Food is good. Place is crowded. It is located in a shopping area, so it's good to go to West End Café to get away from the stores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodcher10VIPDined on 8/19/2014Made a last minute reservation on a tues nite The place was packed we were told just a few minutes. After 5-10 minutes we were offered seats at the bar and drinks on the house while we waited for our table, very nice. My daughter had the rack of lamb and I had the pork chop. The pork was a nice size but a little on the dry side ( I know pork tends to be dry). The lamb was excellent. Never disappointed here
- my go to placermplVIPDined on 8/15/2014Have never been disappointed. Great food,service , everything. Love it
- West end cafeBacchigalDined on 8/14/2014So very happy dining at this establishment. As soon as you walk through the front door it's a pleasant experience. Eric the bartender is extremely knowledgable and friendly. The waiters are excellent as well. We didn't have the best one on Friday but the food was amazing as always. I don't think any food is bad at west end. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Place to Celebrate.ClaudineDined on 8/14/2014Just spend a wonderful evening celebrating my friend's promotion and doctorate degree. As always, the staff is so accommodating . We had so much to catch up on and they never rushed us. Cassie sent over a complimentary champagne to help set the mood. I am never disappointed -thank you.Special Features:
- West End CafeRestaurantReviewerDined on 8/14/2014West End Cafe is a restaurant that would definitely fit in quite comfortably in Manhattan. The menu is diversified and the food is consistently good. Although the chef prefers to keep his dishes as they are listed, he was extremely accommodating to my dietary issues. Not only was the food good but the plate was picture worthy...fresh orchid and all. It was a lovely dining experience. By the way...the garlic knots are irresistible!Special Features:
- I will returnTravellerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Innovative , beautifully presented and deliscious food with good service made for a good eveningSpecial Features:
- Delicious & Inviting RestaurantBlueskyDined on 8/12/2014The food is delicious - fresh & flavorful. Portions are just the right size - generous but not overwhelming. Have been here twice and everything has been exceptional - the bread, the salads, entrees, dessert, and coffee. Their price fixe menu is a great deal. Atmosphere is tasteful and warm. Very comfortable and inviting. West End feels more like a Manhattan restaurant than a Long Island one based on quality of food and ambience. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for a first datecoopersdadDined on 8/11/2014There was plenty of choices to choose from on the menu. The price fix menu was excellent, hard to choose what to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.