West End Cafe
187 Glen Cove Road
Carle Place, NY 11514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
West End Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westendli.com/
- Phone: (516) 294-5608
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Holden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At West End Cafe we offer an extensive off premise catering menu that can complement any occasion. Please call the restaurant to inquire about our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: On Saturday and Sunday afternoons, our restaurant can accommodate private events for groups of 50 or more. Please call the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 5162945608x
A word from West End Cafe
West End Cafe located in Carle Place Long Island, offers a New American menu. Chef/Owner Bill Holden prides himself on maintaining a standard of excellence that has put us on the top of fine dining on Long Island. Come wine & dine where you can enjoy a gourmet meal, fine wines, the latest beers & seasonal cocktails. Here at West End Cafe we take pride in supporting our local farms & wineries. Come in and enjoy our menu that changes seasonally, offering the best Long Island has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
West End Cafe - Best Restaurants in Carle Place ›
West End Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (116)fit for foodies (106)special occasion (64)good for groups (58)great for lunch (57)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (17)romantic (16)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- HostessDebbieDined on 11/22/2014The hostess was exceptional. She made us feel welcome and when we had to wait, due to no fault of her own, she bought over some incredible dip with fried plantains that was terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDaisyDined on 11/12/2014Never disappointed when we dine here. Wait staff is cordial and efficient. Food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An "unhidden gem"mcster66Dined on 11/10/2014This is one our favorite restaurants. We have taken many guests here and not one has had any other than a wonderful meal. The West End Cafe has a nice selection of wines, its food always has a flair and the service is friendly and professional. I wish I could say this was a hidden gem but it is no longer hidden.Special Features:
- Good choiceLuvtoeatout10Dined on 11/9/2014Good food, excellent ambiance, and excellent service. The menu is rather limited and I would prefer a more varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryDined on 11/9/2014Restaurant has been there a long time and has always been consistently good. Menu is excellent with varied choices. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- everything great but...Minnie64Dined on 11/9/2014ambiance great-- table we sat in corner over the service area and coat check wouldn't sit there again--pre fixe menu was perfect and all food was delicious but the STEAK was tough--when brought to the attention of the server he just said he was sorry--perhaps another entree w/o sides could have been offered--would come back but not right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but at a higher priceluv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Honored reservation. Was seated right on schedule. Food and service were great. But a bit pricey. Tab for 4 people with 1 drink each was $276 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!NYCmomVIPDined on 11/6/2014Everything about our meal was wonderful. we got there for an eight 0'clock reservation and the place was packed. we were seated promptly. our waiter was on the ball. the bread was simply delicious. we had meatball sliders for apps. yum. We had osso bucco, hanger steak and shrimp with pasta. All delicious. For dessert we had molten chocolate cake and apple crisp. All in all a great meal.Special Features:
- West End Cafe never disappointsPressLadyDined on 11/6/2014Food here is always good to excellent. Innovative, especially for LI, but not over the top. Service is friendly and professional. Would recommend eating at the bar if you are alone, or can't get a reservation.Special Features:
- ConsistentBabsVIPDined on 11/5/2014This restaurants food is always consistently great!Special Features:
- 8340Dined on 11/5/2014West End has now become one of my favorite restaurant. Food & service was excellent as always. So glad they are in my neighborhood. Employes are friendly & very efficient, Pleasure to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Time Favorite !!!Snoopy500Dined on 11/4/2014We have dined at West End Cafe many times for lunch and for dinner since it opened over 20 years ago. There is a very wide selection of items from which to choose and the food and its preparation and presentation are always excellent. The service is extremely efficient and professional. We always look forward for another fine dining experience. We ave brought many people there over the years and they have also enjoyed dining at West End Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tootsVIPDined on 11/2/2014We have always enjoyed this restaurant and this time was no exception. Whenever we have friends with us, they always rave about the restaurant, food, attentive service.Special Features:
- West End CafeCraigsfoodlistDined on 11/2/2014Food, (Even price fixed L.I. restaurant week) was wonderful & reasonable for what you got. Drinks were also " well poured"Special Features:
- Great seasonal food!AllieRDined on 10/30/2014This was our second time eating here for dinner and it was just as amazing as the last time we ate here. The food and service were excellent and the place has a nice homey feel. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great findNJfoodloverDined on 10/26/2014We were happy to find this place. It is the perfect place to have dinner when we visit our son at Hofstra. Creative menu, nice ambiance, great food and excellent service. The Twilight menu is so reasonable and the pork chop and sweet potatoes were amazing! No wonder every table in the restaurant was full on a Sunday evening. They also put a candle in my son's dessert for his birthday. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like going herePlefVIPDined on 10/25/2014We like going to this restaurant because the staff is always friendly upon arrival, the service staff really takes care of you and the food is always really good. I had duck taco's for the very first time and they were wonderful. Husband has his usual..."The Wedge" which he always loves. Mains were great and we both had apple crisp for dessert that we a large portion and really, really yummy.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 10/24/2014Another delicious dinner enjoyed by all. Food is always fresh. I am a Gluten Free diner & can Depend on the chef to work his magic. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- celticprofDined on 10/24/2014West End offers an extensive range of choices and especially seasonal items on their fixed menu. Unlike other restaurants which offer a skimpy choice, West End offers many items that are on the regular menu. Favorites Included the meatball and duck tacos appetizers, wedge and Caesar salads, the venison and the Grand Marnier creme brulee. I was especially happy to see a hard cider included among the libations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningWouldbgourmetDined on 10/23/2014Since it was a weekday night, the restaurant wasn't overly crowded , so it was pleasantly quiet. The atmosphere is colorful and inviting. The food was delicious, I had the diver scallops which were perfectly cooked, while my husband enjoyed a scrumptious tender steak. Service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. All in all, it was a relaxing, enjoyable evening with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality DiningFoodluverVIPDined on 10/20/2014It was a nice dining experience... The food was delicious! The best part is that they read I was celebrating my boyfriend's birthday on the opentable reservation... when dessert time came they put a candle on it. I didn't need to remind them or say anything. It was really nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyJaxterVIPDined on 10/15/2014Delicious ahi tuna!! Service was right on point. The bread basket was our favorite part!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flowergirlDined on 10/14/2014This is a consistently wonderful restaurant. The rack of lamb dish contained 8 chops! Shrimp with white beans, spinach, pasta excellent as was the lobster ravioli. Desserts delicious as were appys. Will continue to visit frequently.Special Features:
- Stu's reviewDinnerWithStuDined on 10/11/2014This was my first time at West End Cafe. The food was very good, the service was very good as well. The only thing I didn't like was they charged tax at the bar while waiting for my table. Two drinks $18.47 Just round it off one way or the other. I will definitely go back thereSpecial Features:
- YummyRBSB1VIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been to this restaurant many times but have not been there in at least 3 years. The food is always terrific. I couldn't remember why we stopped going until we went again. The seating for two is very uncomfortable. Too close to the party next to you. That is my only complaint. Service was so so on this visit. Very pricey. But the food was amazing. It was also extremely noisy. I couldn't hear my Husband who was across the table from me without straining. I would return but maybe on an off hour, when it isn't insane. Worth the trip though.Special Features:
- Nice Place to EatFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Haven't been here in over a year. Boy, didn't know what I was missing. Really good food! I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food and service. Went early so restaurant was fairly quiet, which we appreciated, since tables are close together.Special Features:
- JustWhatILikeDined on 9/27/2014What a Find! Not familiar with the area, but was in the area for an appointment and had googled what was nearby. West End Cafe came up and the pictures and menu online looked like someplace we'd like to go. Our party of 4 women had a fabulous lunch! We were all impressed. It looks like a small place tucked away in a shopping center, but don't let that fool you! Once you get inside you know this is where you want to be. Food was excellent, all of us were extremely happy with our choices. Our server was very friendly and provided us with good information when it came to making choices. And the restaurant is very tastefully done and has a certain flair. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected findFoodiegalVIPDined on 9/26/2014West End has been a favorite spot of mine for years. It is located in a random shopping center, but that doesn't stop a steady stream of clients all week. The food has always been excellent, and my go to fave is the ahi tuna and soba noodles. This time I tried the lamb chops which are out of this world and are truly the best I have ever had. Not to mention a hearty portion, not 3 little bites! Great any night but expect Sat to be very busy! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisydinerDined on 9/25/2014Food, service and ambiance is exceptional. Can't wait to return and try something else. Everyone at our table had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- 8340Dined on 9/24/2014My favorite place in Nassau County. Food was serviced just perfect & delicious. Friendly & attentive staff. Have recommended to my neighbors. Reservation right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUNDMCVIPDined on 9/22/2014Very good, Will definitely return in the future. Keep up the great workSpecial Features:
- Great Place for a foodieClaudineDined on 9/22/2014The Twilight Diner is the best. When my friend and I need a good place to take for hours this is our favorite. The service and food are outstanding.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 9/20/2014Its always a pleasure to dine w you... the food is always delicious. your wait staff is terrifc & accomdating. we look forward to coming back, again & again, always bringing new friends.Special Features:
- coopers dadcoopersdadDined on 9/19/2014The West End Café, is a great place to bring a first date. The staff is attentive to the customers and quick to please. It has a great menu and there is something on it for everyone.Special Features:
- PalmasgirlDined on 9/17/2014This little restaurant was discovered by my husband and myself about 14 years ago and I've been going ever since. Lately, my girlfriends and I have made it our own go to place for fun lunches but business men sometimes outnumber the girls. The staff is wonderful, food always delicious and interesting and the wife-husband hostess-chef combination is very friendly. It's a gem hidden in the corner of a small shopping center which makes it an exciting discover.Special Features:
- calligrapherDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were quite exceptional. I keep coming back for more.Special Features:
- Delicious foodkendigramVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were a group of four on a Sunday night. Everything was delicious, service was perfect. The Prix Fix dinners are an amazing deal. Never had a bad dinner here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014West End is consistently good; not only is the food delicious but their presentation is far above most restaurantsI would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in lively settingsweetieDined on 9/12/2014We have loved this restaurant for years. The food is never disappointing. We had delicious lobster salads as our main courses. It was hard to chose among the many interesting entrees. Some of the outstanding appetizers we have had in the past are the crispy duck tacos, the calamari and the mussels. The early bird special is a bargain at $31.00, three courses with most of the selections on the dinner menu included. The service was amiable and unrushed. Our waitress suggested an excellent white wine which was perfect. All in all a great dinner.Special Features: