West End Cafe
187 Glen Cove Road
Carle Place, NY 11514Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
West End Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westendli.com/
- Phone: 5162945608x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Holden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At West End Cafe we offer an extensive off premise catering menu that can complement any occasion. Please call the restaurant to inquire about our menu.
- Private Party Facilities: On Saturday and Sunday afternoons, our restaurant can accommodate private events for groups of 50 or more. Please call the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 5162945608x
A word from West End Cafe
West End Cafe located in Carle Place Long Island, offers a New American menu. Chef/Owner Bill Holden prides himself on maintaining a standard of excellence that has put us on the top of fine dining on Long Island. Come wine & dine where you can enjoy a gourmet meal, fine wines, the latest beers & seasonal cocktails. Here at West End Cafe we take pride in supporting our local farms & wineries. Come in and enjoy our menu that changes seasonally, offering the best Long Island has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
West End Cafe - Best Restaurants in Carle Place ›
West End Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (55)great for lunch (55)good for groups (38)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ellen28VIPDined on 9/20/2014Its always a pleasure to dine w you... the food is always delicious. your wait staff is terrifc & accomdating. we look forward to coming back, again & again, always bringing new friends.Special Features:
- coopers dadcoopersdadDined on 9/19/2014The West End Café, is a great place to bring a first date. The staff is attentive to the customers and quick to please. It has a great menu and there is something on it for everyone.Special Features:
- PalmasgirlDined on 9/17/2014This little restaurant was discovered by my husband and myself about 14 years ago and I've been going ever since. Lately, my girlfriends and I have made it our own go to place for fun lunches but business men sometimes outnumber the girls. The staff is wonderful, food always delicious and interesting and the wife-husband hostess-chef combination is very friendly. It's a gem hidden in the corner of a small shopping center which makes it an exciting discover.Special Features:
- calligrapherDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were quite exceptional. I keep coming back for more.Special Features:
- Delicious foodkendigramVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were a group of four on a Sunday night. Everything was delicious, service was perfect. The Prix Fix dinners are an amazing deal. Never had a bad dinner here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014West End is consistently good; not only is the food delicious but their presentation is far above most restaurantsI would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in lively settingsweetieDined on 9/12/2014We have loved this restaurant for years. The food is never disappointing. We had delicious lobster salads as our main courses. It was hard to chose among the many interesting entrees. Some of the outstanding appetizers we have had in the past are the crispy duck tacos, the calamari and the mussels. The early bird special is a bargain at $31.00, three courses with most of the selections on the dinner menu included. The service was amiable and unrushed. Our waitress suggested an excellent white wine which was perfect. All in all a great dinner.Special Features:
- foodluversDined on 9/12/2014Have gone here for the last 10 year for dinner and always love the food and have a good experience. But, this time I went for lunch and was very disappointed. My dish was extremely salty. When I asked for a particular type of roll they told me they were only served at dinner, and my iced tea was bitter. The food was my biggest issue. With a price tag of almost $18 dollars for a lunch dish it should have been perfect. I had the shrimp with the asian soba noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unnecessary noisecantstnadthenoiseVIPDined on 9/9/2014Although their cleintele is hardly young, (mostly middle aged people to seniors) the management deems it necessary to blast background music to the point that it is uncomfortable to try to have a conversation. We had to ask several times that the volume be turned down.
- Great prixe fixe menuBabs5332Dined on 9/8/2014I had heard about this restaurant for several years but never had a chance to go. I was pleasantly surprised by their twilight menu which is offered all day Sunday & all Monday nite as well as up to 6:30 other nights. The menu was very extensive especially for a prixe fixe. The salads were quite large & my pork chop was huge. There were at least 8 dessert choices & the peach tart, although very sweet, was delicious. All in our party enjoyed the food & I would definitely return.Special Features:
- ReviewMurreviewDined on 9/6/2014I love WEC I have been there many many times. I think the personal attantion to the dinor has changed. They seem to put the rush to turn the table, I think they have to return toi the values that made it great.f , thanking the people that love being there instead of who many more they can seat. Enjoy who you are, Don't change it for the buck. You are great. Don't change.Special Features:
- Always a winnerNeptuneDined on 9/2/2014A friend and I had a number of restaurants to choose from and West End Cafe was the winner. Delicious, interesting menu. Excellent service. Lovely surroundings. First class chef in the kitchen.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014When the price fixed menu is availble, this restaurant is excellent choice. When it is not available, the choices are different and the ravioli was tough and poorly cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/30/2014once again our dinner was delicious, fresh and our waiter was terrific.Special Features:
- 1968mustangDined on 8/30/2014Have been to this restaurant many, many times and have never been dis-appointed. The food and service is always A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West end cafe rocks!TomFromLIDined on 8/29/2014We had excellent service combined with great menu selections! Really liked the fusion of flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitMakeItTastyDined on 8/28/2014A pleasant surprise. I am not a fan of garlic but a basket of different rolls is brought to the table and one is a garlic roll. Best I have ever had. Our meals were delicious and the short braised ribs I had were excellent. Service was just OK. Being that it was our first visit I am not sure if that is atypical. Our waiter was working a number of tables. The mixed drinks we ordered were very well made. Overall, it left a very positive impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysBribri13Dined on 8/26/2014I had the Lemon/Asparagus Ricotta Ravioli and it was delicious. The chocolate lava cake for dessert was equally good. Yum!!!Special Features:
- go 2 placermplVIPDined on 8/25/2014love,love,love great everything. always consistent
- Not what I rememberedveffVIPDined on 8/24/2014Was here a few years ago and there was a variety of plates being offered. Menu is somewhat limited. There is a prix fixe 3 course offering that makes it easier to take the lack of interesting dishes. Food is good. Place is crowded. It is located in a shopping area, so it's good to go to West End Café to get away from the stores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodcher10VIPDined on 8/19/2014Made a last minute reservation on a tues nite The place was packed we were told just a few minutes. After 5-10 minutes we were offered seats at the bar and drinks on the house while we waited for our table, very nice. My daughter had the rack of lamb and I had the pork chop. The pork was a nice size but a little on the dry side ( I know pork tends to be dry). The lamb was excellent. Never disappointed here
- my go to placermplVIPDined on 8/15/2014Have never been disappointed. Great food,service , everything. Love it
- West end cafeBacchigalDined on 8/14/2014So very happy dining at this establishment. As soon as you walk through the front door it's a pleasant experience. Eric the bartender is extremely knowledgable and friendly. The waiters are excellent as well. We didn't have the best one on Friday but the food was amazing as always. I don't think any food is bad at west end. I recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Place to Celebrate.ClaudineDined on 8/14/2014Just spend a wonderful evening celebrating my friend's promotion and doctorate degree. As always, the staff is so accommodating . We had so much to catch up on and they never rushed us. Cassie sent over a complimentary champagne to help set the mood. I am never disappointed -thank you.Special Features:
- West End CafeRestaurantReviewerDined on 8/14/2014West End Cafe is a restaurant that would definitely fit in quite comfortably in Manhattan. The menu is diversified and the food is consistently good. Although the chef prefers to keep his dishes as they are listed, he was extremely accommodating to my dietary issues. Not only was the food good but the plate was picture worthy...fresh orchid and all. It was a lovely dining experience. By the way...the garlic knots are irresistible!Special Features:
- I will returnTravellerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Innovative , beautifully presented and deliscious food with good service made for a good eveningSpecial Features:
- Delicious & Inviting RestaurantBlueskyDined on 8/12/2014The food is delicious - fresh & flavorful. Portions are just the right size - generous but not overwhelming. Have been here twice and everything has been exceptional - the bread, the salads, entrees, dessert, and coffee. Their price fixe menu is a great deal. Atmosphere is tasteful and warm. Very comfortable and inviting. West End feels more like a Manhattan restaurant than a Long Island one based on quality of food and ambience. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for a first datecoopersdadDined on 8/11/2014There was plenty of choices to choose from on the menu. The price fix menu was excellent, hard to choose what to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelbugDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful food. The prix fixe menu had an amazingly varied selection of appetizers,entrees and desserts. The presentation was lovely ,the service efficient and my dining companions and I could actually converse and hear each other. Although it was busy they absolutely did not rush us out.A great value and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- AverageRoloVIPDined on 8/6/2014We went for dinner with friends during the week. When we arrived the place was packed and it emptied out so that we were the final folks in there at 9:15 or so. Food was ok, service was competent but no suggestions/specials.....Special Features:
- excellentKarinDined on 8/6/2014The food is excellent and innovative, and the service is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/4/2014always a wonderful dining experience. waitstaff worked w/ me since i am gluten free. we all enjoyed our delicious lunch.Special Features:
- EnjoyablejudymichaelVIPDined on 8/2/2014It's always busy here and usually hard to get a reservation, but recently they were pretty open so I booked it to meet friends. Had also been here recently with my husband a few weeks prior. I recalled on the visit with my husband that there was a sheet with specials, but not so on this past Saturday night, which was a disappointment. Even with our reservation they were slow to seat us while several tables were available. Our waiter was slow moving and disinterested. Food -- duck tacos were excellent. I ordered a pasta with shrimp and crabmeat that was decent. Shared a choc pecan pie that was smothered in whipped cream and lacking in pecans. Rest of my party enjoyed their dishes. I probably chose the wrong main dish.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I dine regularly at the West End Cafe. Menu is great and it is totally appropriate for a casul business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBC123Dined on 7/29/2014It's a wonderful place to catch up with old friends. You are not hurried and are given a lovely dining experience in a fine setting. It's a place we always return to!Special Features:
- Good FoodDinerDined on 7/27/2014West End has consistantly good food. The wait staff is very professional. West End Cafe takes reservations and honers them on time. The hostess, Casey, is very welcoming.Special Features:
- Top Notch every time!2DinersDined on 7/27/2014Four of us dined and enjoyed duck tacos, mussels, beet and goat cheese salad for appetizers; asparagus ricotta lemon ravioli, lobster shrimp ravioli and panko chicken w/fettucine for main; creme brulee, peach crisp, pecan pie, and pistachio sundae for dessert. Cocktails were perfect. Hot rolls welcoming. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal hereshels1818Dined on 7/26/2014The West End Cafe is as fine a restaurant as any in Manhattan but it is located in a strip mall in Carle Place on Long Island. I always come for the Twilight fixed price dinner which provides an appetizer, entree and dessert . The duck Taco appetizer is to die for! The Lobster and Shrimp Ravioli is light and fulfilling and the Pecan Pie is delightful. They also serve a bread basket with delicious warm onion rolls. This restaurant is my neighborhood gem but it's worth traveling any distance to enjoy. Reservations in advance is a must for the twilight dinner!!Special Features:
- Unique menu with great atmosphere!GreatVIPDined on 7/23/2014I totally enjoyed catching up with a friend over a wonderful lunch. Besides the amazing garlic knots the Ahi tuna salad is my favorite. Can't go wrong with anything on this unique menu. No rushing , wonderful pleasant service and I suggest reservation. Many people have discovered this wonderful resturant so make an opentable reservation and be prepared to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barb1VIPDined on 7/21/2014I enjoyed my dinner very much. The black bass was delicious.