West End Bistro
79 West Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
West End Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://westendchagrin.gamekeepers.com/
- Phone: 4402473460x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday:11:30am- 2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00 pm- 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00 to 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Please Note: During our Winter Hours we are CLOSED MONDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Craig Fitzgerald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from West End Bistro
Led by chef Craig Fitzgerald who cooks from the heart using fresh seasonal ingredients from local and regional markets in an American bistro setting. The West End features starters, apps and small plates at pocketbook pleasing prices. All matched up with a selective, inventive wine and cocktail list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
West End Bistro - Best Restaurants in Chagrin Falls ›
West End Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (10)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good food but small servingsBr426Dined on 9/27/2014The food was very good however, the serving size was very small comparable to price. My husband had the "large" greek salad and it was half a plate of tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese. Hardly a large serving. He was still hungry. They offered a "smaller" version, which must have been a couple of tablespoons of food. Doubt if we would come back.Special Features:
- Best Salad I've Ever Had -Piqua41VIPDined on 9/25/2014- and I've had thousands of salads! The side salad (one-third of the lunch special of soup, sandwich, salad) was beyond extraordinary. Beautifully lightly dressed, with mandarin oranges and top quality greens, nothing fussy - it was perfection. My lunchmate, a self-described French Onion Soup expert, ranked the West End Bistro's soup #2 of all time. Pretty high praise! Add those superlatives with a lovely patio setting and you've got the makings of a fabulous destination. The only thing lacking was a pleasant waitstaff, but - you can't have it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KIpperVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service is usually much better. Waitress told us she was "new" no fewer than five times and the performance showed.
- best find in yearsjeffDined on 9/13/2014Just walked into the courtyard one day while exploring Chagrin Falls and just fell in love with the ambiance, food and the staff. Knew we had to come back, so my wife invited some friends to join us for my birthday; they didn't disappoint!! This time we ate inside as it was cold out (hadn't even been inside the first time...) and it was great...couldn't decide whether to eat in the bar or upstairs in the dining room, the bar was so cool. A++ on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and bugsWoodyDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I decided to try West End on a whim. The food was good, but the service was awful. We chose to sit inside because it was a very hot and muggy night. We were sat inside near the bar, and there were gnats/small flies everywhere due to the doors being open on a hot night. When I inquired about being moved the waitress said "You can move anywhere. I don't really care. It's muggy out tonight, and that brings bugs." I was really upset. No apology? No attempt to make the situation better? To make matters worse she was very Unattentive, and rude. Even though the food was great my experience was marred by this horrible service.
- Over priced, limited menuSkyriderDined on 8/9/2014Because it's in the 'hood and is a great outdoor venue, I would like to recommend this restaurant but am reluctant. The menu was small but workable for most of us. Service was slow; server had to check or guess at how some dishes were prepared; plates remained on the table; dessert never offered; one dish came 10 minutes before the others, was sent back to the kitchen for a re-do and presented later after cooking under the hot lamps. Salads are not included and our two "small sized" dinners, 2 plain-jane side salads and a couple of beverages were over $70, add a tip for unremarkable service (I ca't stiff a server no matter what), and the bill for us was overpriced for the experience.Special Features:
- BreakfasthandsomeDined on 8/1/2014This is the type of outdoor restaurant that would be sensational for breakfast...I would refer to the West End Bistro more like an East Side "wanna be" Bistro...falls short of ambience on many levels...more like a backyard picnic arena. Hope this helps...
- Birthday dinnerDinnerDined on 7/26/2014Thanks for a great birthday dinner for the family. It was our first time at the restaurant, but we'll be back.Special Features:
- SRLSRVIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy this restaurant. Even though there is a limited menu, there are always good choices. We love the pizzas.Special Features:
- hungryridersDined on 7/25/2014Went to West End Bistro after a horse-drawn Carriage ride (lady bug ranch- fantastic). The outdoor dining was very nicely laid-out and got a nice table for two right against the garden area. Food was fantastic ( I recommend the pasta). There was a small menu but the offerings were a variety. Wine selection, small but very good. Excellent food, good sevice, great ambiance overall a good evening meal in a nice fairly quiet area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014A very nice setting, and fine for a Summer evening, but very overpriced. Service is slow, and average at best. Salmon was dry, salad was nothing special, wine was overpriced, and for what we paid, can't say we'd rush back anytime soon.
- Busy on a sunny SaturdayCharlieDined on 6/21/2014A very small building with lots and lots of outdoor seating, makes me wonder what they do on a rainy day.. I wound up sitting indoors as all the outdoor spots were taken. Friendly, but very busy waitstaff managed to keep me attended. I had the chopped greek salad and the Papparedelle - competent, but nothing special.Special Features:
- ExcellentBlueberryDined on 6/18/2014Great little place to visit for lunch. The trio offers a sampling of things at a great price. Soup was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Food - On the Expensive SideKaminDined on 6/6/2014Very limited menu. All entrees that we have tried have been perfectly prepared and with VERY fresh produce. Pleasant dining atmosphere both inside and on the patio. On the expensive side.Special Features:
- The following 100 reviews are from the West End Bistro reviews archive.
- DisappointedGeaugajDined on 5/30/2014I took three friends to West End for lunch after previously enjoying dinners here. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server had an "attitude", was brisk with us and our food was slow to arrive, then slow to deliver our checks. We all had planned to order the Trio - soup, salad & half sandwich. They were out of the Butternut squash soup & the other choices were French onion and potato leek. Two onion soups?? My salad was just ok, two guests had the chicken salad sandwiches accompanied by a nice fruit salad, the third guest had the trio and reported that they were good. Based on this experience they would probably not choose this venue again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blossom Time Saturday DinnertwinklestarshineDined on 5/24/2014Chagrin Falls has a gem of a bistro off of Main Street, the West End Bistro. Enjoyed the dirty martini, the Romaine salad with avocado, blue cheese, red onions and mandarin oranges, and the Beef Wellington with a nice Malbec. Sat on the sidewalk patio and watched the Blossom Fest scene go by. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill?KenAVIPDined on 5/10/2014Disappointed; we used to come fairly regularly but had not been there for awhile, and was disappointed on our return. Admittedly it was near 9 pm, but the place was nearly deserted on a saturday night. Service was not particularly warm; the food was ok but not exceptional. Strangely, bread plates on the table but no bread served- I asked and the terse response was "no". Greek salad was small and with nearly flavorless yoghurt dressing; Salmon saltimbocca was overcooked, prosciutto all but non-existent, and served w/o any side starch. So no bread, no side dish, not a great way to plate a meal. My wife had scallops and that was better. I know the outdoor patio is pleasant but the menu and the kitchen has changed for the worse.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014West End Bistro was Closed For A Private Event on the day of my Open Table reservation. I will no longer rely on Open Table!
- Pre-theatre OptionSU2014Dined on 5/3/2014My husband and I were attending the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre music performance and had dinner before the show. Loved sharing both our appetizer and dinner. It gave us a chance to taste two different dishes without overeating. The salmon was cooked perfectly! We thoroughly enjoyed everything from the wine/beer selection to the view from the second story.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Made reservations for a Saturday night, but we decided to sit in the bar instead. The menu is small, but has a good variety. We had the ahi tuna tartare and Brie bowl for starters. Both were excellent. The tuna was served on top of a molded guacamole and served with crisp toast. The Brie was served in a small bread bowl. It was delicious. For dinner we shared the seared scallops, served on top of a roasted corn mixture and a flat bread pizza. This was more than enough for the three of us, as a matter of fact, we barely touched the pizza, although also delicious. Can't wait unti it warms up to sit outside.Special Features:
- West End Bistro-Chagrin Fallswp2015Dined on 4/20/2014This will be a Sunday breakfast destination and it is right in our neighborhood! Perfect place for great food. Had the Eggs Benedict and it was the best - EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our overall dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Our overall dining experience was wonderful. There was a larger party that was a little loud which made it difficult for us to chat without raising our voices but once they departed the noise level was fine. Food was excellent and our server was attentive and responsive. Would definitely recommend West End for brunch. We all enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One place you have to trymrkimpleDined on 3/29/2014As a regular customer of Gamekeepers, I generally do not venture off to the adjoining West End Bistro. Now that i have tried it, it will be a new regular for me. The food was outstanding. A real pleasure to enjoy. I can't say enough about how wonderful everything was so I will have to stop right here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceChainbossVIPDined on 3/28/2014West End Bistro was at one time a home that has now been converted into a restaurant/bar...except it has not lost the eating at home feel. As you enter, the small bar is to the right and the open kitchen to the left. But just like with home, it's the food that brings you back again and again. The scallops are to die for - my wife refuses to order anything else - salmon wrapped in prosciutto is one of my favorites. The food is always fresh on a relatively brief but adequate menu. A very decent wine list accompanies as well. After a great meal, the wait staff and cooks all ask how everything was as you come downstairs, thank you for coming in and invite you back soon...just like home. We'll be back soon -- as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPalfdaddyDined on 3/7/2014My wife & I enjoy coming here. We especially love the "Hanky Pank's" and the Ahi TarTar. It's a nice little place to catch a bite in downtown Chagrin Falls. Their patio out back is great in the summertime to unwind and grab some drinks too.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKathyDined on 2/22/2014Staff was attentive, table was ready for your 7:00 reservation. Prices are high for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!tishjDined on 2/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at West End Bistro this past Saturday. We were seated in the small downstairs area which was cozy and quiet. Our waiter was great, very prompt. The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly. I tasted my husbands tuna and it was delicious. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way way not worth itunhappyDined on 2/7/2014place was freezing, and the policy about small plates is ridiculous
- Not the best this time aroundRydergrlVIPDined on 2/7/2014I've been here 3 times and the first two were great. This time was not- we arrived 10 minutes early for our 7:45 reservation and were not seated until 8:30. The bar area was small and 2 of our guests had to stand and wait. We were sent a small platter for the inconvenience. That was nice. Once we were seated, our waitress was just flat- going along with her job requirements, nothing more, nothing less. I ordered the butternut squash soup (yummy) and the mussles. I usually get the mussels but this time there was FAR too much garlic on it- not balanced at all. I asked for some bread to dip in the juice and hum drum waitress brought me one tiny slice. Odd. Anyway, not the best night there but I will go back for one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to place in the FallsChainbossVIPDined on 2/7/2014Nothing ultra fancy here...just great food, wine & beer in a comfortable setting. Everyone is happy and friendly...including your fellow patrons who are enjoying the service and food. All are happy to be in from the cold in a place that is so welcoming. While the menu has a lot to choose from, my wife always goes back to the scallops as her favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservations not honoredCalifornia1944VIPDined on 1/23/2014despite using open table for my reservation, the restaurant refused to honor the reservation. "Sorry. no such reservation on our books" Odd that they still reported my having kept the reservation...
- Must be enjoyableemperorVIPDined on 1/21/2014Much to cold to enjoy the dining experience. It may be a century house/building but they need to figure out a way to make it comfortable for the patron. Perhaps some curtains to cover the old drafty windows, perhaps a gas or electric place to make the setting cozy.
- Reliably deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014West End is just right. All our meals were excellent and promptly served....salmon saltimbocca, scallops, pappardelle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service nightCharVIPDined on 1/10/2014We enjoyed our first time here a month ago and were looking forward to a similar experience. Unfortunately, service was slow to start and just got worse as the dinner progressed. It certainly seemed as if our waitress would have rather been anywhere but waiting on us that night. We seemed like a big inconvenience to her. We are not in a rush to return because of this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceGAK11101VIPDined on 1/4/2014We love West End Bistro. Dishes are unique and love the small/large plate option. Love the hanky panky s and romaine salad with avacodo and mandarin orange for starters. We also had the Beef Wellingtin which was wonderful. It was cooked to perfection, sauce is wonderful. Our favorite dessert is the chocolate moose. Craig ( chef ) does a wonderful job. A must try restaurant with great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013In the reservations I made on line, I noted that one of our party had a gluten allergy. The waitress obviously did not see that, and had to go and ask others for an answer to every question. In contrast, days earlier at another Cleveland restaurant in the flats, the waitress greeted us with asking who that person was and proceeded to help with everything. Why ask for special issues if the restaurant doesn't take the time to look at that? Otherwise, a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseReggieDined on 12/27/2013We went for drinks and appetizers, appetizers were so good we left wishing we could stay for dinner. Highly recommend the mussels.
- First time was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Both meals we had were great, and it was hard to decide because everything in the menu looked delicious. My shrimp and grits were amazing and my husband had the beef Wellington that I sampled as well! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningpeteDined on 12/19/2013Great food especially for sharing. Mussels were super. Katie was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place for a quite dinnersimpleeaterDined on 12/11/2013We made a reservation in advance, but due to in clement weather the place was empty, so our party of four enjoyed the entire second floor for ourselves with a beautiful window view on the park decorated for Christmas. The food was delicious, the service (Michael) was great. We have been in this place before and always had great time and food. We wood recommend this place to couples with or without kinds and groups up to 6-8 people. Have not been in the bar, but have heard good reviews from our friends.Special Features: