West East Bistro
758 S. Broadway
Hicksville, NY 11801Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
West East Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westeastbistro.com/
- Phone: 5169396618x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:45am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Jay Jadeja
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We host both on-premise and off-premise catering. Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jay Jadeja 516-939-6618x
- Entertainment: Live Music is offered most Saturday nights. Please contact us to confirm the schedule!
- Special Events: West East Bistro is pleased to share with you in celebrating your most special occasions. In addition, we are open on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Please contact us for for more information.
A word from West East Bistro
West East Bistro brings together cuisines from West to East into one sophisticated and comfortable setting. Offering freshly made dishes featuring ingredients and cooking techniques you love, but in new and delicious combinations. Our Autumn menu features Beijing Special Salmon, Pad Thai, Dim Sum, Shrimp 'n Grits, and Venison Chops. All of our meats are pasture raised, hormone/antibiotic free and our produce is strictly organic. We are also pleased to feature a 'Healthy Kids Menu.' We provide a carefully selected wines, cold sakes, beers and top-shelf liquors to enhance your dining experience and pair with our Western/Asian fusion dishes. We welcome BYO (with $15/bottle corkage fee. Appetizers range from $7-12; Entrees: $16-28. Bi-monthly, West East hosts themed wine dinners which are a great way to sample new cuisines, new wines and make new friends! Please visit our website for all promos and event information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerFusion / Eclectic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
West East Bistro - Best Restaurants in Hicksville ›
West East Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (22)notable wine list (19)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great place to beSteveFDined on 9/12/2014A must go to especially after a stressful week. I'm a regular here. 2x/month min...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedKempsterVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food here us excellent. Prepared to order with only the freshest of ingredients. A groupon got us here but we won't wait for another to how back.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find in HicksvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Great food and a great find. Warm friendly service with a smile. Very imaginative menu.Special Features:
- Absolutely a MUST try!LoladineDined on 8/24/2014WestEast is one of those rare finds in our neighborhood. My husband, daughter and myself have dined here since they've opened. We've seen them change and grow. Throughout out it all the food and service has ALWAYS been unique, delish and fabulous! From the exotic flavors to the fresh proteins and greens....it leaves your pallet wanting more! Oh... and we can't forget their desert menu....there's something tasteful for everyone. Thank you WestEast for your service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to finally try this place!JenniSVIPDined on 8/23/2014Finally made our way to Hicksville to try this place that I've heard/read so much about. It was worth the trip and we will def be back! Delicious food, great service and a lovely space! Their dedication to using natural, organic & non-gmo ingredients (and doing it well!) is so important and I hope they inspire others to follow. A great addition to the Long Island dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roedeluv2dineVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was my second time to this restaurant and it was excellent for the second time. only fresh natural ingredients are used. Our server was pleasant and attentive, owner chef visited our table to make sure we were satisfied. We were a foursome and we ordered many dishes and shared them. Scallops were sweet and cooked to perfection. Lobster mac and cheese was creamy and delicious. Spicy shrimp were cooked perfectly, steak was tender. Warm chocolate cake with ice cream, did not disappoint. I recommended this restaurant to 2 other people, and both say they will return, I will also.Special Features:
- Fabulous!NickyDined on 8/22/2014Everything was perfect. Service and food was excellent. The mango martini was made perfectly. I really love the art work that adorns the walls of this very different restaurant. I'm impressed with the fact that local and organic foods are used for every dish made. This is important to me. This is a great concept!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing Menu~FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/21/2014Was so glad to be at a restaurant that is totally organic and doesn't serve soda!! That is radical!! The food was very good, and with different tastes, not the usual seasonings. Our waiter was friendly and competent.Special Features:
- Delicious!LaurenDined on 8/21/2014This place is great! Such a friendly staff and delicious food!Special Features:
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014It doesn't feel like a professional eatery. The owners and their family (kids) were hanging out and easily identifiable, which felt unprofessional. There were two high-school- or college-aged kids serving as the entire busyboy/waitstaff, with the owners occasionally helping, but mostly they just sat around. Food came out within an appropriate amount of time after ordering (and was delicious), but we consistently found ourselves sitting around waiting (to order, to see a dessert menu, to tell them we weren't interested in dessert, to get the check, and to pay with credit card). To their credit, everyone was extremely friendly, nice, polite, and considerate.Special Features:
- preferitDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at WestEast Bistro. ...very few exceptions (it happens) The servers are friendly and professional. The owners and managers are always friendly and caring, and of course, professional. The food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choiceMarcoVIPDined on 8/17/2014Waste of time and money. It took 35 minutes to get our salads. The watermellon cubes served in a martini glass was ok but rediculously priced at $9.00. It took another half hour to get our main course. It took 3 requests to get water refill. The serving size is much too small for the price. The food is decent but not worth the poor service and high prices. The final blow was waiting 15 minutes for a $3.00 cup of coffee. Will not be returning.
- Delic!sapnaDined on 8/15/2014The food was incredible both times we've dined here - the steak was cooked PERFECTLY. The service was impeccable - the waitress and our manager were beyond helpful. i can't say enough good things about west east!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant on LIdanrosDined on 8/9/2014This has become our favorite restaurant, bar none. The food is outstanding, all organic, but not at organic prices. Service is terrific, they really go out of their way to make you feel special, and accommodate most requests. Music is great, if sometimes a little on the loud side due to the relatively small size of the restaurant. we made a reservation for 12, they accommodated us with no problem. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricecdMartyVIPDined on 8/8/2014I did not receive my 1,000 points. I told the girl st the desk my name. If the restaurant did not have a coupon I would not go,overpriced and very small portions.
- HIDDEN GEM THAT YOU SHOULD FINDlovetoeatVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is our second time and it won't be our last.. Food is amazing.. fun...place to go to with friends.. and foodies alike.. Great Menu!.. Great Staff and great Music too!!.. Go find it :)Special Features:
- Don't go there hungryDisappointingDined on 7/26/2014Food was good, small portions, over priced. No specials offered to me unless I asked about it. No substitutions offered to accommodate my diabetes, unless charged extra. Server was friendly but overwhelmed, skipped dessert because the service was so slow got tired of sitting there & just wanted to leave. Used to be one of my favorite restaurants but it has changed, probably will not return.Special Features:
- Delicious again!!!GayleDined on 7/25/2014Once again I am blown away by the fantastic meal we had!! It is noisy and having live music( they were great) certainly adds to the noise level but I can't wait wait to go back! If you are a food lover and eating organic food is important to you this is going to become your favorite restaurant !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shrimpAisienneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Went on a date here. Ordered drinks and apps as meals, like tapas. Really good food, the green beans, the shrimp the sliders, all real good. Only remark on the shrimp was that we ordered them twice, because we likely them so much, but they were a bit less than hot when served. Great craft beer list and good mixed drinks. We'll be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousEdandmieDined on 7/13/2014Throughly enjoyed the food. The "Baang Shrimp" appetizer was excellent. Stir fry entree was great, and my husband loved the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Tasty Food - yet a bit $$ins4meVIPDined on 7/11/2014The location of this restaurant is a bit "hidden" - it is in a mostly industrial area and hidden within a strip mall. First impressions indicated that the restaurant would not be crowded, based on a mostly empty parking lot (balance of the businesses in the strip mall were closed). We were seated promptly and saw there was only one other occupied table. (Our seating was at 6:30p). The food was outstanding - very fresh ingredients. I follow a gluten-free diet and was very pleased that I did not have to ask for a separate menu - gf items are clearly marked. Nice kids menu, too. I would, however, note that the restaurant is expensive and this would probably discourage me from adding this spot to our regular restaurant rotation.Special Features:
- A yuppie placeJustDeeDined on 7/10/2014I feel bad knocking this restaurant, others may love it. It is not the type of place we usually go. The portions were small and pricey and took forever to be served. In their defense the steak my husband had was tender and tasty. I had scallops which were good but they were on top of mashed cauliflower which was in our opinion gross.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentPW1LongIslandDined on 7/8/2014Have dined here numerous times for brunch, lunch and dinner and it never disappoints. Staff is friendly and on-point. Food is fresh, delicious and creative. Selections are diverse. Recently had yummy6 A neighborhood gem that should not be overlooked. The location is its detriment because it is in a strip mall with many empty buildings, but once you find it, you will be back.Special Features:
- double rapnb2014Dined on 7/6/2014great food-lousy service. food was innovative, high quality ingredients, great taste. Service was done by messily dressed kids who just did not care. Slow, slovenly, uncaringSpecial Features:
- Good food with a healthy twistOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant offers an interesting menu and choices which include vegetarian & vegan. We have always found the food very good and were not disappointed on this visit. Just be prepared to spend because the prices are a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uh-ohSteveFDined on 7/3/2014Even though the servers called in missing...lol, the place still managed. The food is excellent, friendly atmosphere, what's not to love - I love the place. The pre-fix dinner was great. Thank you again for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarthaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Exotic Menu. Boutique Brewery Beers. The wait staff was insufficient for the customers present. The delay between courses was extensive.
- Love what they are doingcactusDined on 7/1/2014Organic produce, grass fed meat, no soda, and everything was delicious. There should be more places like this. Will be going back, and often.Special Features:
- Delicious and HealthyhelenlovestoeatDined on 6/29/2014I had been to West East Bistro for a networking event and had the opportunity to try some of the food. Everything was so wonderful that I went back yesterday with my family. We are all making a strong attempt to eat healthier, and still enjoy tasty and varied meals. West East certainly fulfilled those needs! The meals are very unique, spices perfectly executed, and the choices are unlike so many other restaurants in my area. The paintings on the walls are beautiful and eye-catching, and we found ourselves continually looking at them and talking about them. They have recently decided not to sell soda, and I applaud them for it. Take your family - you will be very happy that you did.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014Very interesting menu of natural foods excellently prepared. After one visit, we are hooked and wll become regulars. Also, they have an extensive selection of Gluten Free options...including desserts!!Special Features:
- Our New FavoriteRobby42Dined on 6/28/2014The variety of tasty, creative appetizers makes grazing a treat, and brings us back for more! Main courses are equally interesting and delicious. A gracious host and attentive service complete the picture at this excellent restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSteveFDined on 6/28/2014What can I say that I have not said before. The food is great, the wine list is good, well stocked bar, and now they are serving a juice bar instead of soda, which is great. You must try them all. If you like spicy, try the bang bang shrimp and/or the gumbo. If you are into just appetizers, try them all, I did! The decor is nice and the paintings are fantastic. See if you can name them all. Bet you can't.Special Features:
- Keep up the great work , Jay!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014Continues to provide a unique and excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedjanieVIPDined on 6/27/2014About the only positive about this restaurant for our group was the decor. Prices high for area. Food not impressive.Special Features:
- Overall a Nice PlaceKateDined on 6/24/2014The staff at this restaurant was extremely personable, professional and helpful. It would be a great place to go for a low key outing. Not the type of place to go on a special occasion. I had the marinated bistro steak and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Gets Better and BetterEnigma1100VIPDined on 6/22/2014It seems that everytime we go to West East, the experience gets better and better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious and of high quality. The service was excellent as well. We enjoyed the pot stickers, scallops and steak. The carrot cake was great. We liked that everything was organic and we'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Music was too loud. Restaurant was much too expensive!!!!
- Horrible ServiceHorribleVIPDined on 6/20/2014It was one of my worst experience dinning out! It took 15 minutes before somebody even acknowledge us after we we're seated. The waiter who never introduced himself was so inexperience and didn't look like he was old enough to work there. When we finally got our appetizers the jay's pot sticklers were hard on the outside (almost like the were frozen first) and the filling was just ok. The tuna tartare was all vegetables and onions with very little tuna. My husband ordered the duck which was good but not great and I had the scallops with a cauliflower purée wasn't impressed. The cauliflower purée was flavorless. I was very excited to try this restaurant since it got great reviews but was extremely disappointed! Music was the only good thingSpecial Features:
- Nice DinnerRezzieDined on 6/14/2014We had a nice dinner at West East Bistro. We ordered drinks soon after we were seated, but it took a long time for them to arrive. Also, one of the ordered beers from the menu was not available (last time we were here that happened with the wine we ordered). But the food was exactly as described and very tasty. A little pricey for the portion size, but enjoyable. We will return.Special Features: