1 Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westbridgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6179450221
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday
5:30 - Midnight
Monday - Sunday until 1 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Matthew Gaudet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: West Bridge has an intimate private dining space that seats 12 guests, or 20 for a cocktail reception. A long reclaimed wood table is flanked by floor-to-ceiling windows with a retractable door that can be open so guests are able to experience the energy of the restaurant. West Bridge is available for a full buyout.
- Private Party Contact: Alexis Gelburd-Kimler 6179450221
- Cross Street: Hampshire Street and Portland Street
- Public Transit: West Bridge is near the MBTA Kendall Square Red Line station, as well as the Number 85 and CT2 bus lines.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the One Kendall Square parking garage behind the One Kendall Square complex on Binney Street, right next to the Kendall Square Cinema. West Bridge would be happy to validate your parking.
A word from West Bridge
Located just over Boston's original "West Boston Bridge," West Bridge serves french-inspired food with a New England perspective in a modern and comfortable environment. The rustic loft-inspired room boasts 18-foot ceilings, reclaimed woods and metal beams all in a casual, industrial-style space. With an emphasis on hospitality, the owners of West Bridge look forward to welcoming you into their home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
West Bridge - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
West Bridge reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (42)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (38)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (26)romantic (23)great for lunch (18)late-night find (15)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Outstanding.CKNYDined on 10/11/2014This is the second time I went to WestBridge the food is amazing. Half way through dinner, my friend and decided we wanted to leave-- nothing with the restaurant we just had other things planned for the evening and running late. The owner came over to make sure everything was okay. I thought that was great front house service. We assured her it was user error on our part and the food was awesome. We took the rest of what we ordered to go. I devoured it the next day-- it was amazing as leftovers!!!Special Features:
- One of the bestaworldtravelerDined on 10/4/2014Been here many times and never disappoints. The food here is always great and the absolute worst dish you'll get is "good". Service is excellent. Up there was the best in Boston/Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at a great priceDmitryBVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tasting menus with beverage pairings were perfect, our server was very nice and attentive - and the prices were a pleasant surprise. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was overpriced, lacking in seasoning and very disappointing. 'had the egg in a jar - mashed potato and a slighty overcooked egg, could have been so much more than that - the clams - a watery and overly sweet dish, that was a million miles from even a good vongole - the lamb - touted as merguez and couscous - there was no spice, no seasoning, the coucsous was a cold salad, the whole thing was wronger than wrong and the main event, the lamb was just horrid
- Inventive foodjnbcambridgeDined on 9/26/2014The duck liver "toast" has to be one of the very best food bargains in Cambridge. The lamb belly was delicious as well and our server efficient and very friendly.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Picked West Bridge off a Gluten free Website. I have a Gluten and dairy Allergy. My dining partner has a nut allergy. We both are eating Paleo. Our Waiter went way out his way to continually check with the chef. Awesome food prepared fresh. I can't stress enough. TRY THIS PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent foodVladDined on 9/24/2014All small and large menu items that we tried were excellent, but smaller than we would like them to be.Special Features:
- Dinner with colleaguesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Great choice for a group if colleagues and significant others. Delicious food, attentive and friendly service, and unique wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudKendallGuyDined on 9/22/2014Food is good. Chef modified a couple if plates for us to be vegan friendly which was nice. The restaurant is noticeably loud inspite of the relatively small table numbers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, wonderful servicelawyermomVIPDined on 9/21/2014West Bridge was amazing. The small plates we had - lamb belly, duck egg, brisket and calamri - were all absolutely delicious. We shared the duck entree, which they nicely divided for us. It was all so sublimely good. Our service was also terrific, attentive without being overbearing. We sat outside until it started to rain when someone rushed out to move us inside. It's a great place for a larger group, as there are many small plates for sharing. There was just the two of us, so we couldn't order everything we wanted. It was a Sunday night and a bit slow, so I can't comment on the noise level. Te outside seating doesn't have a great view, but it was a nice courtyard. I highly recomment West Bridge, and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014This was one of the best meals I ever had!! Bar tender was so professional, nice and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. The egg in a jar is amazing. As was the lamb belly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had an incredible experience at West Bridge from beginning to end. I was welcomed warmly by the hostess, the server was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was incredible! Our favorite dish of the night was the lamb belly. However, the homemade chocolate chip cookie with espresso chip ice cream came in a close second. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- What's not to like?Chloe89Dined on 9/18/2014Great service, very interesting, original, and tasty food--I loved the "brisket" and the foie gras toast. but everyone at the table had their favorites, including cauliflower and kale like you've had them. The set-up is that you share, which we usually do anyway, so it's nice to have it recognized. Fun atmosphere too.Special Features:
- East meets West Bridgefishing4abiteDined on 9/18/2014This was my third visit to West Bridge and they continue to impress. I now count the days until I can go back here. Meanwhile, I dream of kale salad with duck confit . cauliflower with apricot and salmon with lime. Dazzle your foodie friends with your new found knowledge of Verjus, Sambal and Harissa. They know how to treat customers, are knowledgeable about food and drink and always make you feel welcome. Don't miss out on the cool space and place , with complex flavors and friendly faces.Special Features:
- Joyful experienceKRT86Dined on 9/17/2014My friend and I met up at WestBridge for dinner, to drink some wine and catch up. First, as I was waiting for my friend to come, the sommelier helped me choose a most delicious wine, a Folle Blanche, and gave me a taste, even though it was by the glass. He suggested a perfect food pairing, a sausage pasta, which was a small plate, but full of flavor, texture, and color. I felt like I was eating gourmet food and drinking delicious wine at a friend's gorgeous home, not at a fancy restaurant.Special Features:
- Had Higher ExpectationsTheOneTNVIPDined on 9/15/2014I was excited to try West Bridge, but felt the flavors and execution lacked for me. The chef's signature dish - Egg in a Jar - was good, had good flavors, but I wasn't blown away by it. Unfortunately, that was the best dish of the night, our other dishes were either undercooked or overly seasoned - to the point we did not finish a couple of dishes.
- Try the chef's tastingCoreyDined on 9/13/2014My recent Saturday night visit was my fourth time to West Bridge. Even though we were late for our reservation due to terrible traffic, my party was graciously welcomed and warmly greeted. The craft cocktail menu continues to be one of the best in Boston/Cambridge--try the Amarillo by Morning. We decided to try the chef's tasting menu and everyone was very glad we did. Course after course was fantastic, building upon layers, textures, and incredible ingredients from the previous one. It really turned out to be a night to remember and I felt we got a very good value for this special experience. As someone that travels a great deal and dines out three plus times a week, I highly recommend West Bridge.Special Features:
- Delectible!SouthOrangeDinerDined on 9/12/2014Small plates that each had so much taste going for them! Even the bread was an outrageously good sourdough that I just couldn't stop eating. Service was speedy and helpful; they worked as a team well. I would highly recommend the beet toasts, so unusual with the mustard seeds and roe. The lamb belly was outstanding, sort of a sweet and sour flavor profile with all of the rich savoriness of Lamb belly! The skate was another winner and the wine (on tap) directly from the barrel was superb. The place is loud but had great energy and my husband and I had no trouble talking together. A must try!Special Features:
- TraceyDined on 9/9/2014We were 4 ldies and enjoyed the fact we could have a conversation we could hear each other. The waiter was wonderful and was very enthusiastic about the food. We were surprise how empty the place was even when we left. We were hesitant to make a reservation as we thought it would be totally booked. I guess better advertising would help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful discoveryMagdalenaDined on 9/7/2014When I made the reservation to celebrate a friend's birthday I had no idea what to expect, but it was convenient to the movie and they said they were French-inspired, so I was game. I'm so glad we went! The concept of small dishes to be shared - we called it French tapas - allowed us to explore numerous dishes. Each dish was art for the eye, but even better was the treat for the palate. Flavors exploded in our mouths with every bite. With the exception of the richly delicious Egg in a Jar, each small dish had the added virtue of being healthy. The Asaparagus, Quinoa, Cauliflower, and Salmon small dishes each had its own taste surprise that lifted it high above the ordinary. Add exceptional service and you have a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Bridge reviewJohnnyDined on 8/22/2014We had nice meal at West Bridge. The skate and the striped bass were extremely good. The service was attentive, but in a way a bit rigid. They kept asking us whether they could take away our plates and that aspect was not very relaxing.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!PhilDined on 8/21/2014I had heard great things about West Bridge since it opened, and it did not disappoint. I recommend the small plates, as they allow you to experience a broader sample of Chef Gaudet's menu. Everything we tried was absolutely fantastic, and you have to try the egg in a jar! The staff was exceptional. From helping design our courses to showing the utmost courtesy and friendliness, they went above and beyond to ensure we had the best dining experience possible. From the second we walked in the door, they really made us feel like we were special. The restaurant is very high energy, so if you are looking for a quiet dinner it is probably not the best option, but it is absolutely a must-try.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant in Kendall SqOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Delicious! Food was very good, and service was excellent. You'll find other reviewers recommending the egg in a jar. It was certainly delicious, but maybe a little overrated and over-recommended. West Bridge is in a building that has high ceilings so the acoustics aren't the best. You'll find yourself speaking louder than normal with your friends to be heard over the general noise and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back in a heart beat.J33DOWDined on 8/20/2014Try the Lamb Belly, the Kale and of course the signature Duck egg! We turned the meal into a tapas event by ordering lots of the smaller dishes.Special Features:
- Minimalist and ImaginativetallredVIPDined on 8/17/2014We love the opportunity to taste a number of dishes, and West Bridge fills the bill! What an interesting set of menu items, and ALL complex and wonderful tastes. Would go back in a heartbeat to try more. Suggest that cloth draped over the beams would dampen the sound but not destroy the minimalist decor. Sunday night is a good time to go, as it was not full and therefore not too noisy, as per prior reviews. Our waiter was disorganized and slow but cheery. We'll definitely return for the food. P.S. The menu says, "ask for bread"--take that advice, as it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very creative food, friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed the food, staff was great. Bad choice on the wine but would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West BridgewestbridgeyumDined on 8/14/2014Great service and beautiful spot. We sat outside and it got a little chilly, but we wanted to enjoy the nice weather while possible. The food was delicious, especially the kale salad and egg in the jar. The pasta dish was too salty and disappointing, but overall West Bridge was a great find and has terrific staff. Thank you Travis! I'll be back to try dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good, service is mehlsullVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our server (who we've had before) is very robot-like. She has a standard script and if you go off the script (by asking questions or having a problem with the food/drink), she doesn't know how to handle it. A think some server training would go a long way in making this a first-class dining experience.Special Features:
- InnovativeHunt4finefoodDined on 8/9/2014Took the tasting menu. 4 out of 5 dishes great with 1 not quite blending as expected. Innovative combination of flavors. Right size portions. Well cooked and presented. Service also strong; attentive but not intrusive. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealgenacmVIPDined on 8/9/2014My daughter just moved to Boston so I got out my list of restaurants I want to try; West Bridge was on the list having been recommended by friends and a couple of foodie sites. Didn't disappoint. We had a variety of small plates plus one large plate to share, a couple of nice bottles of wine, interesting cocktails and satisfying desserts. I was especially partial to the pasta with miso sauce, but everything was tasty and inventive. Maybe a little heavy handed with the fresh fruit which appeared scattered atop almost everything, but complaining about too much fresh fruit isn't really a complaint, is it?Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 7/30/2014We went for dinner.The music was to loud to have a conversation,but we got a table outside,so it was nice.The host was very nice. Cocktails were OK- mine was excellent and my husband's was fair.The food was very good.To me at this price range they need to have better service.It would help if our waiter incorporates "I am sorry" in his vocabulary.He took my plate with some food on it without asking if I am done and when I said with a smile"oh,I am sorry,I am still working on it" he just looked at me and put it back. We had 2 small plates each and wait between the first and the the second was 35 min.Our waiter didn't check on us,and when we finally asked, he was irritated.The food was very good but I am not sure we will be back any time soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014The food and service at West Bridge was fantastic! We enjoyed everything we ate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Fine dining at One Kendall Square, with sophisticated yet approachable cuisine. Interestingly conceived small plates and main dishes come well-executed and well-portioned. The style of service is informative but not intrusive.Special Features:
- disappointed! what happened?ellebeeVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went here on a lunch date and sat outside. It was rated top new patios in Boston on Thrillist and my date was from out of town and wanted somewhere cool with great food. I work nearby and have been here for lunch before and had great food. I am not sure what happened this time! I got the tuna burger which was very strange and had more salmon than tuna. The bun was a standard stale grocery store bun. I would expect a more artisan type of roll or bread from and establishment like this. The side was chips that were likely not made in house. Drinks were seasonal and festive and we both enjoyed them. He ordered a burger and the waiter did not ask how he wanted it cooked. There was no one else dining on the patio and plenty of seats.
- Always excellentjr2204VIPDined on 7/19/2014We've eaten several times at West Bridge. The standard remains high -- food imaginative and finely executed, wines always interesting, service friendly and knowledgeable. We somehow never manage to get beyond the small dishes -- so many don't-miss things there! -- but must say that the larger items (especially those for two) look terrific as well. Needless to say, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great place in Kendall SquareMinaDined on 7/18/2014Would definitely recommend it! The food was delicious. We tried different small plates, but fell in love with egg in a jar. We actually ended up ordering it twice as a dessert. Very nice for casual dinner or catch up with some friends. On top of that, the service was impeccable and our waiter made us laugh throughout the entire dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2014Each dish had too many flavors. There were sauces, pickles, and egg yolks on everything. The kitchen is certainly talented but needs to find restraint. The service was disappointing. Our water was served in warm glasses and despite requesting lemon twice it never came. Also, one server reached so far across our table when that I needed to put the plate down for him less he fall over or spill. We were never given an explanation of the dessert, which would have been helpful as we could not identify the ice cream's flavor. Finally, the server would not tell us what is on the chef's menu at first order The fish and duck were cooked expertly. The beef-mushroom soup was the highlight. But the service was mediocre and food was too complicated.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable CelebrationRebaDined on 6/29/2014Staff at restaurant made us fell special. They were aware that we were celebrating both an anniversary and a birthday and presented us with some bubbly before we ordered. The server was knowledgeable and her recommendations made our dining experience more pleasurable. This was a very enjoyable celebration. NOTE: Do want to be able to submit reviews in the future. Didn't mean to click on "DO NOT SEND.'Special Features:
- West BridgeMDynanDined on 6/28/2014West Bridge is an excellent restaurant. The chef is very creative and inventive. The small plates give diners an opportunity to try many different dishes, all of which have lots of interesting flavors. Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into their creation. I've been there 3 times and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Excitingabnormal456Dined on 6/24/2014I had eaten at West Bridge for lunch several times because I work in the area and the menu was fairly simple. This was my first time going for dinner and I was blown away by the food quality and interest. The menu does not do the dishes justice! For example: "Kale" was the title of one dish with the other ingredients listed below with little description, but out comes one of the best kale salads I have ever had that had quite a bit of duck confit and an addicting dressing. Do not let the appeared simplicity fool you, every dish we had was on point and very well thought out. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 468 reviews are from the West Bridge reviews archive.