West at Hotel Angeleno
170 N Church Lane
17th Floor of Hotel Angeleno
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
West at Hotel Angeleno
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westrestaurantla.com/
- Phone: 3104817878x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 6:30am - 10:30am.
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Monday - Wednesday 4pm - Midnight Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Laura Scollan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Friday Nights!
- Special Events: For private dinners, parties or other special events please contact our Catering & Events department at 310.481.7840!
A word from West at Hotel Angeleno
Warm and inviting, West is a favorite among locals. Celebrate the best of California, from the distinctive growing season to the many boutique local wines. The richly appointed room offers every table stunning 200 degree views of the Los Angeles cityscape, from the downtown skyline to the beaches of Santa Monica. Partake in signature dishes like braised pork, lobster macaroni, stuffed quail, farmers market salad, and locally sourced seasonal produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
West at Hotel Angeleno - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
West at Hotel Angeleno reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)romantic (20)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- anniversary dinnerMrsladybugDined on 8/30/2014The service and view were great, unfortunately the side dishes,specifically blue cheese potatoes were not very good, would have preferred plain roasted potatoes or baked potato, i later became nausea from the blue cheese potatoes. my husband had the ahi tacos, which were good, but not much ahi on the tacos.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL FINDMrljbVIPDined on 8/17/2014LAST SUNDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME MY SPOUSE AND I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DINE ON THE 17TH FLOOR WITH A GREAT VIEW OF LOS ANGELES. WE WERE GREETED BY PAULETT THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS. SHE STARTED OUR DINING EXPERIENCE WITH HER FRIENDY SMILE AND WELCOMING ATTITUDE. THE FOOD AND SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING.Special Features:
- Fine happy hour and dinnermarciaDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our meal, food and service, at West. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- one of my favorite placesWestsideGirlVIPDined on 7/26/2014Love the look of the place--cozy but sophisticated, the food is always terrific, the service is always excellent. Dinner was wonderful--and I could hear myself think. This is the place to go if you hate noisy restaurants. I love the cocktail lounge with its sunken living room feel and sofa and chair seating and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevieDined on 7/26/2014the atmosphere is wonderful, service delightful and food fabulous...... a hidden gem on the top of the hotel..... shocking it wasnt packed..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, great view!CarolDined on 7/21/2014In fairness, I only tried two things on the menu...the tomato bisque (very good, although I'd scratch the Goldfish crackers for garlic sourdough croutons) and a very boring and flavorless Southwest Chicken cobb.Special Features:
- FraudJimmyVIPDined on 7/14/2014I used my Chase Sapphire card to pay my bill. That card has been compromised.Your bill has been paid. Three places where I used my card will be notified that someone from there organization may have used my card illegally. Best Buy and Smart and Final. The card has never bee out of my possession.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of 405BeingVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great view. Bartender ignored us. Kept seving others after he took our orders. Happy Hr. house white wine was warm-needed to be chilled. Sam the waiter was on his game! Lobster tail yummy but sauce over salted. Sauce tasted a bit like ketchup. Halibut too salty and over broiled on top but tender underneath.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemMangiaVIPDined on 7/10/2014Seems like an underutilized and under publicized restaurant. It's a lovely gem. Extra plus that breakfast and lunch do not have the $7 parking fee.Special Features:
- Great find!Annapercy7Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is a bit hidden considering its on the 17th floor of a hotel between freeways, but the view is stunning, and the food is fantastic! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- FireworksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014This could have easily gone the wrong way. We made anniversary reservations that morning & specifically asked for seats next to each other by a window so we could see July 4th fireworks. Upon arriving, we were told those seats were not available & that requests are not guaranteed. In such instances, the restaurant should call & let you know. To compound it, they tried to seat us across from each other right next to a table w/ 2 loud children. We refused & were ready to leave when they found a better table where we could sit side-by-side. From then, everything went well. We were given complimentary anniversary Prosecco, the service was excellent (but could have filled water more often), the food was wonderful, and the view spectacular.Special Features:
- Great ViewSpoonDined on 5/30/2014Jonathan was great with his wine recommendation and the food was cooked properly and tasty. Will come back.Special Features:
- SnuggyDined on 5/24/2014We were seated timely; the waiter appeared immediately and was knowledgable and friendly; our drinks were brought quickly; our main course arrived right after we'd finished our salads; and the food was delicious. We specifically asked for a quiet table as one of our party was hard of hearing. As it turned out, any table would have been fine as the noise level is quite low; we could all speak in a normal tone and be heard perfectly. We decided that evening that West was the place we would meet from now on. Well done, West!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No thanksGradDined on 5/22/2014Too simple of a menu. Need to expand. Tomato soup was too salty. Lobster quesadillas - can't taste lobster as it is over powered by the other ingredients. Nice view but probably will not return.Special Features:
- Breath Taking ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014The food and service were absolutely amazing! The view of the ocean from the top floor was excellent we were here for my birthday. The only down side was that we dined on a slow night. This place should be busy all the time, prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- No returnJHG1VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was terrible - salad of combination of ingredients that didn't work, bland halibut, tasteless caesar salad, indifferent service, but still a great view. Wouldn't ever go back - used to be a great restaurant - really has gone downhill.
- Wonderful Mother's DaysocalnanynanDined on 5/11/2014Brunch was wonderful, view unparalled. Our waitperson was very personable and attentive. I do think $58/person is a bit high, but perhaps some of the cost is the view.Special Features:
- Nice viewSYHighlanderDined on 5/6/201417 floors up gave us a nice view. Food was very good. We had the scallops. Staying at this hotel does not give you any other options for meals unless you want to retrieve your car and fight the freeway traffic. But we were pleasantly surprised how nice our experience truly was.Special Features:
- The following 446 reviews are from the West at Hotel Angeleno reviews archive.
- Amazing!BrittfriendlyDined on 4/25/2014West is an amazing and classy restaurant with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!lb1141Dined on 4/20/2014I was charged with the task of finding an Easter Brunch for our family of 6...4 kids that all had different tastes. And I didn't want one of those special "Easter Brunch" buffets that cost an arm and a leg. I have had business breakfasts and lunches at the West in Hotel Angeleno, but when I saw the brunch menu on Open Table, I was in. It really did not disappoint. My wife loved the Eggs Benedict, the kids had waffles and pancakes, and I had an egg white omlette. The service was excellent, and the food was great. But the view really stole the show. A great experience and free parking to boot!Special Features:
- Great timePaulDined on 4/16/2014What a great time. Awesome to find a quinoa veggie burger that doesn't completely fall apart! And tasty too. Hotel manager Scott Gordon stopping by our table was the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, Greater Ambience.VonAllenDined on 4/11/2014The hotel view is definitely worth the hype. A treat in the Bel-Air neighborhood. I got the pancakes, scrambled eggs and apple sausage. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSantaBeerbarianDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent. Try the filet with bacon. The salmon with forbidden rice was very good as well. Decent wine list with good recommendations from the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great AmbianceLilahDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful and you can't beat the view. The waitstaff can be cold, but the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT Westside optionDrShorterDined on 3/6/2014In the last year, this restaurant has gone from "meh" to excellent. They have changed their dinner menu for the better, bringing quite excellently cooked meals to the area. I hope they revised their whole brunch situation too since it used to be kind of half-assed. But the weekday dinner I had there was really excellent. I was pleased that I brought a large group there. The wine list is very well put-together too. I love the comfortable booths and the tables near the windows. Also, the bartenders always seem to make a great cocktail.Special Features:
- Hope for a Flight DelayGilbertVIPDined on 3/4/2014If you're in a hurry, this is definitely not the place to go. The place was empty for our 11 a.m. reservation, and they took so long to get their act together that we had to have them box it up for take out before they even served it. My $ 11 tip was totally undeserved.Special Features:
- Nice evening, hit or miss foodJenFDined on 3/3/2014We dined here with friends based upon a few good Yelp reviews I had read, and because the location was right. The views were definitely impressive. My husband's salmon was outstanding, our friend's Barramundi was heavenly. The scallops in our appetizer were great, but the risotto under them was under cooked. I made the mistake of ordering the gnocci (I admit to being entranced by the name, Ruby and Amethyst or something like that!) Anyway, I am no gnocci expert but this just tasted like mushy small potatoes in a very heavy cheese sauce. The service was good, the wine was excellent and it was a very enjoyable evening for the most part. But if I were trying to impress someone with an outstanding place, I would not take them here.
- Hidden Gem nestled in the Pass...SteveJagerDined on 2/21/2014The Hotel Angeleno has always been a great location, BUT with all the freeway and road construction in the Sepulveda Pass, it has been way less than convenient to go there over the past year or two, BUT after "Jamzilla" was finally over, I decided that my wife and I would try it again, so we invited another couple and it was BETTER THAN EVER!!! The wine choices include some incredible finds from very local wineries and they also make killer cocktails!!!! there is quite a selection of whiskies, including some very fine single malt scotch -- beyond just Glenlivet, which every Bar has (and should have)... The food was OUTSTANDING!!!! I had the Ribeye Steak, which was sublime perfection!!!! Dessert was awesome carrot cake.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Find!TiaritchVIPDined on 2/19/2014We were meeting with friends from Altadena and Long Beach, and we were staying in Westwood. West was a super find. Easy for all of us to get to with very good food and that sensational view. The place was almost empty for lunch. People, you are missing out!Special Features:
- Slow, but good service and foodtrickstergodDined on 2/14/2014This is in regards to the special Valentine's Day 4 course meal. Food was great, however the service was *very* slow. Normally on a night like Valentines, I'd think that maybe the kitchen would be overwhelmed, but while the restaurant was mostly full, it definitely wasn't *packed* (lots of empty tables that I could see) so it would be curious if that were that case. However the wait staff seemed cognizant of this fact and were generous with bread and complimentary champagne. Overall a good meal and pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewHappy2dineDined on 2/12/2014West is a great place to meet, eat and look down on Los Angeles. It is an amazing view and the food will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty food weird serviceshladekDined on 2/10/2014Our food was gorgeous and delicious. The Crab Louie salad and panacotta, yum! Definitely go for the food. Service was strange. The person was pleasant but not consistent and didn't seem to want to be there. Also, the air conditioning blows on you very strong to counter act the sun coming through the windows. Would be great if they could find the right balance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered a bunch of starters,BuzzyVIPDined on 2/8/2014We ordered a bunch of starters, as none of the main courses jumped out. The ricotta fritter with root vegetables and some sort of maple sauce was outstanding. Fritter is really a misnomer, and did not describe the dish, but it was the best of the four we ordered. The restaurant is on the 17th floor of the old Sunset Holiday Inn (now called Hotel Angelino). Great views, although avoid it during the 405 shut down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!ThankfulDined on 1/31/2014I had an out of town client reserve a room while we managed an event at the Luxe on Sunset. We set up a follow-up meeting the morning after for breakfast at The West. Thank you to the staff for making her feel welcome, excellent service and food. And, when I left my iPhone case they were kind enough to make it a priority to look for the case with credit cards. They did and called me directly back so an assistant could return. Thank you to Hotel Angeleno. We now have other clients booked for events later this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but.....veniceeatsDined on 1/25/2014I went here recently for dinner with a party of four. The food was overall very good and fairly priced for what it was. Two issues I had....one was the service. We had a rather long wait at the table before anyone came to us. Bread did not appear until well into the meal. Out of three courses, the previous plates were never cleared before the new ones came. Secondly the restaurant seems to be having an identity crisis. Overall decor and menu say, high end, classy restaurant. But the hotel seems to be trying to cater also to a bar scene. Young people dressed in either prom attire and business men where all mingling at the bar which had loud house music blaring for an empty dance floor. Luckily we we seated far away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very convenient locationencinocarolDined on 1/19/2014A very convenient location and a great view. Reasonably priced. Great that their brunch menu is a la carte and not a buffet - much more economical and diet-conscious.Special Features:
- very enjoyableBruinFanDined on 1/4/2014Four of us (my husband and our two adult children) went on a Saturday night and it was about half full. We had a drink in the bar before dinner and the drinks were very good. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. We all had a different dish. The sea bass was really good. Filet was done exactly as requested. Our special requests were happily accommodated. The view was nice and the overall feeling of the place was peaceful. It was a peaceful and relaxing evening, like a little mini-vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great place to dineMongooseDined on 12/27/2013This is a great place to dine for lunch or dinner, the food is scrumptious and the servings are quite generous with inviting presentation. They also make a great martini and the views are fantastic.Special Features:
- NIght out with husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/21/2013The lobster mac n' cheese was divine! The scallops were excellent, cooked perfectly. Service was spot on. We will definitely be returning to West soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favRensncemnDined on 12/21/2013This was my first visit to West, and GM Jonathan Mitchell definitely did not disappoint. This restaurant is a hidden gem with fantastic views and a solid menu. The service was fantastic and friendly and pricing is very reasonable. Try the duck three ways, the sausage was amazing. I will definitely make this a regular stop in L.A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.