West and Mill Bistro Bar
1000 Marietta St. NW, Suite 202
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
West and Mill Bistro Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westandmill.com/
- Phone: 6789748953x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Satruday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eastern European, French, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from West and Mill Bistro Bar
West & Mill bistro bar is a modern European bistro located in Atlanta's Westside. Serving lunch and dinner daily and brunch on the weekends, West & Mill offers an eclectic menu in a chic and inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West and Mill Bistro Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2014My husband and I took my sister to West and Mill Bistro Bar for Sunday brunch. The food was mediocre and the service was extremely slow. It was also very loud and we had to shout to be heard. I'm not sure if it was an off day, but we won't be going back.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2014I tried the pierogies and I didn't even finish eating them. They were simply not good. They had a very weird aftertaste and the dough seemed old. Their onion soup is very heavy too. It was too rich and greasy. But the place looked very nice and staff is very nice. Maybe I wasn't lucky with what I chose to eat.Special Features:
- Nice eatsSavvyDinerDined on 3/8/2014Visited here for brunch and was greeted with a warm welcome from staff. My waitress was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to have. The food was good and the mimosas mixed just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two out of the three thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2014Two out of the three things we ordered were great. My husband's entree was still frozen in the middle. The kitchen was extremely slow though our waiter was great.Special Features:
- DisappointingletseatDined on 3/1/2014Only guests @ 7:15 on Sat night, now understand why. Service slower than slow despite a handful of diners @ the peak while we were there. One of the small plates ordered tasted like poorly microwaved frozen food. Limited and very average wine offering. Won't be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2014The food was amazing. We had lunch there and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The effort was thereBreezDined on 2/15/2014Alex was great and very detailed. They ran out of 1/2 of the menu and even put in "hard crunchy" green beans in our food w/o telling us the spinach was out. Like I said, the effort was there.
- It was fine, food was fine,anonymousDined on 2/15/2014It was fine, food was fine, atmosphere has potential to be pretty cool, but not special enough for me to feel like I need to go back. Would definitely try other places first.
- Worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014First visit was on Valentines day with a prix fixe menu. Although the meal was very good I felt it was a little over priced for the portions. They did contact me to confirm my reservation and to inform me about the prix fixe menu but neglected to tell me the price. I should have asked as well. I more than likely will visit again to taste from their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quaint place!LaneVIPDined on 2/7/2014Small and intimate, casual, great food. Sit by the fire and enjoy a laid back dinner with friends. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little placeNandTDined on 2/7/2014Had the Crispy Chicken, very good. Elegant dining, great service. Bacon perogi for starters are great with one of the wines. Menu changes, but appears to be good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/7/2014Great food, friendly service - and easy to find. This is a gem!Special Features:
- Nice Sunday brunchWestsiderDined on 2/2/2014Had brunch there recently and really enjoyed the food, service and the venue. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. I had several questions about the menu and the server was knowledgeable and happily answered. The menu had varied and interesting selections including an Eggs Benedict with a twist using a type of pastry in place of the English muffin. We dined mid-morning on a Sunday so were not able to sample the wine list or cocktails. There are several brunch friendly cocktails on the menu. The restaurant is open and modern. There is floor to ceiling glass and concrete floors but it manages to feels cozy with a fireplace and several tables close to the fire with cushioned bench seats. I will go again!Special Features:
- Happy to have found this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014Found this little gem through my boss who treated our team to a delicious dinner here a few weeks ago. I followed up with friends for brunch on a Sunday. Both experiences were very pleasant. The food was delicious, the service was attentive without being annoying, and the atmosphere utterly charming. I hope this place does well. I had a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at West & Milllec82Dined on 1/18/2014We decided to try West & Mill for dinner before an event, and overall, we enjoyed everything. The mushroom pierogies were very good, as was the french onion soup. The Steak Frites had nice flavor (fries were great), but the steak was definitely well done, despite being ordered medium. We saw that was the case in a review posted by another diner, so that's something I'd reinforce to your server. We would like to return to try the brunch here, and though we didn't have drinks this time, they sounded pretty good!Special Features:
- Great unknown place.kjerwinDined on 1/11/2014Food was great. Not a lot of action going on at the dinner time hour. Depends on what you are looking for.Special Features:
- Great Find!RayaVIPDined on 12/28/2013We went for brunch. The menu was varied and creative. The food was excellent as was the service. The drinks were well made and delicious. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchSbrownDined on 12/14/2013The service, ambiance, and food were great!!! No wait for a delicious brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service!DSmythVIPDined on 11/30/2013I've been here several times now and am always impressed. This place is a great find and I would definitely recommend folks trying it out. The menu is quite nice with the right balance of choice and quality. The food is excellent and the chef was very thoughtful in how he sent the food out - he ended up splitting the included entree salad into a salad course for us with a lovely handmade dressing. Then included a complimentary side (Au Gratin potatoes) with our entrees (Steak Frites) that was absolutely a perfect compliment - it was delicious! To top the evening off, the staff were all excellent - knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. They had a lovely fire in the fireplace next to our table and kept it stoked just for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just do itChampagnecorkDined on 11/16/2013The manager is a awesome guy! The server tried his best to take our order on a smartphone.. Both the hostesses are the most ___________ hostesses in Atlanta.. Don't tell Shaq! Haha! I would suggest asking questions when you dine here for brunch. Upside.. The servers LISTEN to you. Downside .. The menu needs tweaking. In a positive way. Chicken sausage looked fresh. Spinach was over the top good for something easy to make, like spinach. Best deal on price, and quality for west midtown.. Don't waste your money at miller union.. Eat here. You will leave here happy, and have gas money to spare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, steak was aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013Food was good, steak was a bit tough, but cooked to my liking and very tasty. Cocktails were really good. Nice atmosphere. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOSU1VIPDined on 11/3/2013Great food + Great service + West and Mill = Excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to catch onfinikyVIPDined on 11/1/2013I want to write good things about this restaurant because people really need to try it out. It is surrounded both top and bottom by a 5 Seasons so I think most don't know it is a different spot. The food is very good however they do have a small menu. We loved the Charcuterie plate. Unfortunately they were out of a few drink items so they either need to get them back or update their menu. Give them a try on the way to a Georgia Tech basketball gameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedAdrianVIPDined on 11/1/2013Aside from the restaurant's location, I would say that my dinning experience was not great. The place inside looked small but comfortable, but I decided to eat in the patio due to great the weather. First dish: French Onion Soup which was a pleasant way to start of the meal. Unfortunate it went downhill from there. Entree: New York Strip with fries. The steak was overcooked and dry, I'd have to say my favorite part of the dish were the fries. For dessert I ordered their crepes. It almost felt as if they were pre-made and bought at a Publix, very unimpressed.
- Cute, quiet brunch spotJessicaDined on 10/26/2013Wanted to give my sister an Atlanta brunch experience while she was visiting from out of town, but really wanted to skip the long lines and noisy, crowded places. This was perfect! Absolutely loved the crab cake eggs benedict and mimosa. It was too cold to sit outside, but there were only a few people there so no problem. The inside is very, very cute, lots of sunshine from the big windows so it almost felt like we were outside. They also had a pretty long list of really fancy alcoholic brunch beverages that all sounded delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNita77VIPDined on 10/5/2013The service and ambiance at West & Mill was pretty good I liked the patio, but unfortunately the Latte and Omelette were not good at all. The Latte tasted very bitter and watery and as if it didn't have any real milk in it. We complained about the taste and received a replacement, but still it was one of the worst latte's I have tried. I used to work at a coffee shop so I know how a good latte should look and taste. The chicken sausage omelette sounded promising on the menu, but didn't have a good flavor. All sides even toast are an extra charge. At other brunch spots you get toast and another side e.g. potatoes for the same price as just the omelette here. My two friends didn't like the food either.
- Slow nightEssenistgutDined on 9/28/2013Saturday night, very light crowd, which meant we had the pick of tables. Tapas and main course were good. Salmon was ok. Chicken was great .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGigiDined on 9/15/2013I have dined here 4x over the summer and have yet to be disappointed. Actually the manager and a few servers know me by name. It is easy to get to and plenty of parking in the parking deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the way aroundRyanMulderigDined on 9/12/2013My wife and I went to West and Mill before seeing a show at Actor's Express. Everything we ordered was excellent. The pierogies were delicious. My risotto was was good. The hangar steak my wife had was well prepared. The service to was prompt, but unobtrusive. The wine list is not overly extensive, but the choices are good and the prices comparable to other locations in Atlanta. The peach tart I had for dessert was outstanding.Special Features:
- This is a great brunch alternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2013This is a great brunch alternative to other places in the area. There will be a line forming soon once all the people waiting for an hour up Howell decide to break out of their ruts and try something new! They quickly sat a table of 8. Then, they brought some excellent dishes! Will definitely come back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Bold Flavor.......Awesome TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2013My experience at West & Mill was a fantastic one. My daughters and I were looking for a different place to dine and we got just what we were looking for. This is the first time I can remember a manager being so passionate about his restaurant. The staff was attentive, knowledgeable, friendly, and honest. I am usually leary when I ask a waiter or waitress what's good on the menu and they say "everything," but these people were spot on. Everything we tried that they recommended was wonderful. I would and already have recommended West & Mill to a few people. I would certainly go again. I would highly suggest the Crisp Half Chicken. Nice cozy romantic atmosphere if you are looking for a place to have a private party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGigiDined on 8/25/2013As usual I enjoyed my visit. I had the short ribs hash. I wish I could make it at home. Since I am not a fan of poached eggs, I was able to get fried instead. It was still an excellent dish. Pair that with $5 mimosas, makes for a pleasurable Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westside Disappointment ....FanaticFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2013The place is easy to find and quite nice inside. We started with three app's- Salmon, Frites, Fried Green Tomatoes which were all good. ...so we all felt like we may have hit upon a good new spot. But, then onto Salads. 1 good, 1 fair. We tried 4 different Entrees. No one really liked any of these...especially poor was the Shrimp with Ham Gravy...which wasn't properly (accurately) described on the menu. We skipped dessert. Love the vibe, but they to work out the kinks before we go back.Special Features:
- Low Key and ComfortableDSmythVIPDined on 7/17/2013We went for a late dinner meal and really enjoyed it. Casual atmosphere and easy to relax after a long day. The food was really good - we did just a selection of the euro tapas plates and they were all very tasty. All in all a great place and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch today!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2013Service was awesome + great food in a cool space. Open face shrimp po boy was refreshing and the panini was also delicious. Stand out of the day was likely the gazpacho - a hint of spice and really deep flavor from what appeared to be heirloom tomatoes. Thanks for a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but $$OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013Great time and wonderful patio (not too crowded) - but the wine was way more expensive than what would be expected! I will go back again as meat & cheese sampler was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, but portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2013Food was very good, but portions were small. Service was only fair. Restaurant was almost empty on a Saturday night. Makes me wonder what's wrong that's causing it to be so empty.
- Based on the reviews I hadJF12Dined on 4/12/2013Based on the reviews I had read I was nervous that the service would be awful. I was pleasantly surprised when our server was fairly attentive. I will say that it took a little while for our food to come out. Also, the ambience is lacking something...I think that the lighting it maybe a little too harsh. The food was good though. Since it is a newer restaurant I think they are still working some things out.
- We loved the ambiance andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013We loved the ambiance and the food was good, but it was obvious that they haven't been open long and are still working out a few "kinks". It took one hour from the time we sat down to receive our food, and the restaurant wasn't even half full. There were also a few fairly basic things that they didn't have, like straws and salsa. Great decor, friendly staff and good menu - give them a few weeks to get settled in and I'm sure it will be a great place to spend a Sunday morning brunch!Special Features:
- I really like this space andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/17/2013I really like this space and want the restaurant to do well. We had dinner on Sunday evening early. There were only 2 other tables in the restaurant the entire time we were there, yet the service was very slow. The food was not bad, but nothing special. We may try again for a brunch or lunch, but otherwise won't be returning.