West 50 Pourhouse & Grille
The Sussex Centre
50 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C2Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
West 50 Pourhouse & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hiprestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9059499378
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11am-1am Fri 11am-2am Sat 4pm-2am Sun 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Brendan Prong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for all sizes.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private multi-media equipped private rooms
- Entertainment: Wednesday to Saturday
A word from West 50 Pourhouse & Grille
Canada's Largest Draught House! Imagine 115 taps of the finest draught, poured to icy perfection via a state of the art draught system. Executive chef Brendan Prong & his talented staff has prepared a menu with local ingredients & international flavors. Two Multi-media equipped private rooms Throw in a high-end sound system playing the best in classic 80's, 90's & top 40's. Catch all the action on one of a dozen LCD flat panel televisions & our 10ft projection screen. Welcome to West 50 Pourhouse & Grille!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
West 50 Pourhouse & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Service/FoodDowntownerDined on 6/14/2014Good service. Waiting time for food to come was slightly longer than usual.Special Features:
- Try the rib eye!!MF2014VIPDined on 4/4/2014West 50 is a regular spot for me, especially before checking out a movie. This time I reluctantly tried the rib eye steak. I say reluctantly because I would normally reserve a rib eye for a steak house. But I have to say no regrets! This easily rivals and surpasses some specialty steakhouses. Definitely worth trying again. Great beer selection as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three of us had differentJohnDined on 3/7/2014Three of us had different meals. The Madras chicken and New Orleans penne, had sauces that were a bit too sweet and cloying. The penne could have done with more hot spices to offset the sweetness.Will try again.Special Features:
- Poor ServicejbreenDined on 1/24/2014I've rated the food poor because we did not get to the point of ordering our drinks not to mention our food so I cannot comment...maybe lack of taste in the absence of food? We waited 15 min for the waitress to come, another 10 min for her to return with a drink menu which was not provided and another 20 min before we decided to leave because she did not return .I got up from my table and walked around the restaurant looking for her however I could not find her. We informed the front desk that we were leaving because we were not getting any service and all she said was "Sorry about that". Overall it was a very disappointing night. I've heard very good things about this restaurant and was looking forward to enjoying a night out with my wifeSpecial Features:
- Not What I ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014When you boast 'the most draught taps in Canada' I would hope some would be interesting...but alas, most were not. We went specific for the beer and were sorely disappointed. Beyond that, for being the only table in the place, the service was as one of our group described, 'molasses.' Server was unaware of what was available, both for food and drink. Overall, not a great experience and very unlikely for me to return.
- Pros: Great draught beer selection.MF2014VIPDined on 1/10/2014Pros: Great draught beer selection. Their selection of imported beers does not appear as vast as Bier Markt, but they seem to have more smaller craft and micro-breweries. Live band on Friday nights.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant although quite darkMominMexicoDined on 12/28/2013They had good food, great beer list (wow!) and good service. Our group was put at raised tables which were difficult for my mother-in-law and my children to manage, so they agreed to seat us somewhere else at regular height tables without any issue. The only complaint I would really have is that they lowered the lights so much to bring on a "bar" atmosphere later on that it became extremely difficult to see the menus to order additional drinks or dessert. My father-in-law had to use a flashlight to see...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a reservation for 8XtianRN13Dined on 11/8/2013I made a reservation for 8 people online via Open Table. Our seats were ready for us when we got in, but later had to be relocated because they were turning the area we were in into a dance floor. The only place available was a booth meant for 4 which, naturally, we found to be a bit inconvenient. It was a good thing the other folks couldn't make it, or they wouldn't have had a place to sit. However, the food was good (that cheese dip - oh my!) and the band was great (excellent song selection). The seating arrangement was our only qualm. I guess we should know for next time to request non-dance floor seating. Side note: They have Somersby apple cider! I expect to be back, and not as the designated driver. I'll have me some Somersby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDobbythecatDined on 11/2/2013Overall we enjoyed going here. The food was great, the beer selection seemed a little overwhelming but the waitress was great at helping us pick ones we would like. Near the end of dinner it got very loud when the ban started playing. Unfortunate surprise when the bills came, gratuity was already added on, as well as a tip function on the debit/credit machine, this upset a friend a lot who ended up tipping 40%. I think that this was rude of the restaurant to assume the servers deserve an 18% tip.Special Features:
- Halloween Night with Friendsdjl0027Dined on 10/25/2013So I have decided to go to West 50 with couples of friends from high school years. The place had Live Band & DJ through out the night and the service always keep on coming back for you. The food was great! epically one of my friend order the ribs & I can smell it across the table from me. It's good to go with large group & friends! Also don't miss out large list of beers on tap! over 50 brand and specialty !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off day for West 50BirthdayGirlDined on 9/14/2013I love this restaurant/bar usually but there were a few issues that made our experience slightly less enjoyable. My bf and I went to celebrate my birthday with 7 of my close friends and while the food was amazing the service and drinks were below average. We had sangria, various shots, and mixed drinks and while all of them tasted good its was very obvious that they were watered down.The service being poor as our waitress's co-worker didn't show up for their shift however many other servers stepped in to help and yet it still took half an hour to put in each order of drinks or asking for the bill. Overall we had a good night but i have had much better experiences here, needless to say West 50 was definitely not on their A-game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSomeoneDined on 9/6/2013The service wasnt the greatest, I was with a group of 14 people, there should have been two servers covering us instead of only one. The food took way too long to come out, and my friends beer was repeatedly flat. The food portions were also quite small considering the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server.TrishmDined on 8/23/2013I didn't get his name but he was excellent. Very friendly and available. The place also has a m outstanding selection of beer on tap so if beer is your thing you should try it. Even if beer is not your thing because the selection of beer is so good you can probably find one you like. (That was another thing our server was good at - recommending beers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time out at a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013First time out at a restaurant in the west end and we were extremely pleased! Vibrant atmosphere, good food and very knowledgable staff. I would highly recommend West 50; we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Just a fun place to go andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Just a fun place to go and a chance to try some different brews! We got there before the night life started, but apparently it was booked solid, starting shortly after we left. Food was good, relaxed atmosphere.
- - Excellent beer selection -MF2014VIPDined on 12/29/2012- Excellent beer selection - Service was quick at the beginning, and the meals were brought out relatively quickly - Towards the end of the night the service slowed down considerably, particularly towards the time to collect the billSpecial Features:
- On weekend evenings it isHappyInNiagaraDined on 12/22/2012On weekend evenings it is loud and full of younger people. Always a great choice of beer and the food is decent.
- Large selection of beer henceBelluzVIPDined on 12/20/2012Large selection of beer hence the name pour house. Wait staff very knowledgeable about menu and beverages.Special Features:
- I understand the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012I understand the restaurant is very busy. But what strikes me as odd is how I make a reservation and get the lousiest table there is. Makes no sense to me. Been here many times and the service is horrible. It's like they forget you're even there.Special Features:
- Great and knowledgable staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2012Great and knowledgable staff. They really know their beers here! Cool spot if you want international imports on tap. Food not the greatest though. They really need to improve their food. Was disappointed. But for beer best in the city hands down. Much more selection than Bier MarketSpecial Features:
- It was nice, but pretty quietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012It was nice, but pretty quiet when we went there (Saturday night). Great beer tap selection (of course). The food was so-so. My wife had the fish-and-chips, I had the braised beef. Nothing we would go running back for, but a pleasant place.Special Features:
- If you love beer this is aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012If you love beer this is a great place to go there are many different brands to try 115 on tap. The food is pretty good to and ample portions i would definitely recommend to others. Only complaint is that at time of our reservation which was 7 they had the lights very dim already so very hard to see coloring of beer and read the menu but overall reataurant is well laid out and has intimite little booths for privacy. There is a private room for big groups tooSpecial Features:
- This time the beer samplerandreasVIPDined on 10/13/2012This time the beer sampler was correctly indicated!Special Features:
- you cannot offer a beer samplerandreasVIPDined on 8/22/2012you cannot offer a beer sampler and not respect what the customer selected, without letting him know. Sometimes a customer can be an expert in beers. Served a Pedavena which was not a Pedavena, and many others
- Always a great place to go.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2012Always a great place to go. The beer list is fantastic, but I am always really surprised with how good the food is as well!Special Features:
- I would appreciate of theyandreasVIPDined on 7/20/2012I would appreciate of they take the sampler of beer very seriously. Especially when a person is expert you cannot mark a pedavena as Weiss and an innis and guns as a different beerSpecial Features:
- Based on extensive beer menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2012Based on extensive beer menu and reasonably priced food, picked this as location for re-union get together for 50-something engineers. There was 11 of us, table close to bar. Service was fine, food was fine. Got a little noisy when band came on. Located in an office tower, was a little tricky to find, but generally a decent experience. The waiter broke up the bills individually at no charge and didn't tack 15% onto bill as I was told would happen.Special Features:
- if you are a beer enthusiastandreasVIPDined on 6/5/2012if you are a beer enthusiast this is the place for you.