5560 West 29th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.west29th.com/
- Phone: (303) 233-3377
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday : 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cherenzia 3032333377x
- Special Events: We will be closed to the public on Sunday, July 21st 2013. West 29th will be holding a private event to help Feed the Future. For tickets to this event please visit http://www.wheatridgebiz.com/FTF2013.php
A word from West 29th
West 29th is a new restaurant in Wheat Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
West 29th - Best Restaurants in Wheat Ridge ›
West 29th reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (29)great for brunch (23)good for groups (17)romantic (17)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great experienceWheatridge1VIPDined on 11/22/2014Had an amazing dining experience this weekend. Double cut pork chop was the best pork chop I have ever eaten. Outstanding pasta and mussel dish. Really enjoyed beef carpaccio and Caesar salad. Tres Leches dessert was perfect ending course. Nice wine list. Certainly will be returning to this neighborhood gem. Glad I live close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteTS1644Dined on 11/20/2014Love this place, and glad they are in the neighborhood! Great place to go for quality food & drink, yet affordable so it can be more than a "special occasion" date night. Don't overlook the exceptional drink menu, and I particularly love the beer served in old German craft mugs. This is our go-to date restaurant in the edgewater / wheat ridge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRetiredHappyDined on 11/15/2014We started off with a crabby waiter, one word answers about the menu, acted like he'd rather be anywhere other tha serving meals. We waited too long for our meal and the restaurant wasn't busy at all on a snowy evening. Two of us had the grilled chicken sandwhich and they were both barely warm. The caramelized onions were served right out of the fridge....we were thinking they would be hot out of the skillet, and the lettuce(?) was a reddish looking leafy whole branch of the plant with 4-5 leaves still connected to the branch it was cut from. A side salad was served the same way with little to no vinaigrette dressing. The chicken was two reasonably large pieces piled one overlapping the other making it awkward to cut or eat. The fries were drenched in salt. I walked by the open kitchen area twice and the cooking staff was having a grand old time laughing and socializing...sort of explained the mediocre dining experience. We vowed to not visit again.
- Brunch on SaturdaySaturdayBrunchDined on 11/15/2014Four of us had Brunch on Saturday. Arrived early, friendly staff and good surroundings. Nice working fireplace for cold days. Open setting with good view of the kitchen. A good Brunch Menu selection. Two of us had the Corned Beef Hash, one had an Omelette and one had a Signature Eggs Benedict. All was very good and we would order again. We had Bloody Mary's and Specialty Coffees and they were all very good as well. Easy location to get to with off street parking. There is a very nice outdoor patio that would be great in warm weather. We will go back for lunch and dinner. Good website with menus and both interior and exterior pictures. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening With Friends!architectgalsDined on 11/11/2014The service was helpful, friendly and fast. The food was incredible - really! The pumpkin cheesecake is sooo good! The wines were good, approachable and very well priced. We'll be back with friends!Special Features:
- Great find in No Denver/Wheat RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014I have waited over a year to try West 29th, which is new to my neighborhood. The food was excellent. I would strongly recommend the asparagus tart on the "Mains." I had some excellent sausages. A lot of food is grown on site. The meat comes from a butcher shop 1/2 block away that I know from my own experience has excellent "cuts." The room is warm and soft, but a bit noisy. West 29th has a couple of patios, but we went well into late fall at night so that wasn't a possiblity. We had an excellent waiter who kept us informed and was quite witty. The only thing missing when we went was an IPA. The brews we had were excellent and include European lagers and pilsneers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFreshDined on 11/4/2014Frequented this place, the steak is the best in town, and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great neighborhood spot1stTimeFlyerDined on 11/4/2014Found this place on a bike ride and booked a large table for extended family days following. We enjoyed the simple menu and very reasonable prices. The menu seemed to be in season with great options for every type of eater. Some of the food was very rich, especially the celeriac soup and the gorgonzola beef stroganoff. The atmosphere is very comfortable and inviting and the food his delivered with nice preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014We had heard good things about West 29th and were happy to find out that most of them were true. Unfortunately it was too cold to eat outside in the garden patio area but the inside was fairly warm and inviting with the wood floors and trim. The menu has a nice selection of food items and the waiter was helpful in describing how they were prepared. Our food was very tasty and the vegetables were fresh and not overcooked. We just ordered an entrée and that was a good size portion for us but if you were really hungry it might be a good idea to include a salad or appetizer. The dessert was good but I wouldn't go there just for their desserts.Special Features:
- Great spot!forsbrg2155Dined on 10/11/2014The service was great and the server was very helpful with the questions we had about the menu. The food had a very fresh cooked taste to it.Special Features:
- Fab!BearDined on 10/10/2014Friendly, knowledgeable service, great food, good prices! Very happy we stumbled into it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The menu is small but everything on it is good.....really good location with good service. So what's missing to make you say "I just can't wait to come back?" That's the million dollar question.....I don't know. But it's worth trying again.Special Features:
- No competitionGo4greatfoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014The menu offers some very innovative items along with old standbys like trout and lamb chops done in creative ways. Everything we had was delicious: cauliflower and black eyed pea salad, strawberry salad, shrimp and crab scampi and the vegetable tart. The wine list is limited, but with good choices and modestly priced. Service was friendly and prompt, leaving nothing to be desired. What a pleasure and a surprise in Wheat Ridge. Though we live in Conifer, we're looking for occasions to go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulJulieDined on 9/25/2014My friends and I love the West 29th. The food is always wonderful and is top notch in my book. A delightful experience to try all the different entrees and each time loving the result. Every entrée is a culinary treat. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Very disappointed in the food. Love the staff and the decor especially the patio- great to sit outdoors and visit . This was the second time in 2 weeks we dined and there were very few tables - 6 months ago you couldn't get a table without a reservation. We used to rave about the entrees and everyone was polite to refrain from saying anything derogatory. Hope they can figure this out soon.Special Features:
- West 29thNeuronDined on 9/17/2014This is the second time I've ordered steak and at least a third of the steak was un-eatable.this was because the cut of the meet was inferior. So it's unlikely that I will want to come back
- Great outdoor dinning summer endjnjjDined on 9/14/2014Our 5th visit and food was wonderful as always. We sat outside to enjoy the patio and end of summer with wine. Nice early evening dinner and dining experience.Special Features:
- Eyesore turned into a gemluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014The location was an eyesore garage. Now a beautiful neighborhood gem. The food was very good and well worth the wait. Service and the atmosphere and the fact that the location is so close to home made the choice even more worth returning later. I will tell all my friends and family about the 29th ave restaurant. I will also return to have another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Food portions were small with minimal garnish - felt a little shorted. I'm not a big eater, and the portions seemed obviously small to me, tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerIrishflyfisherDined on 9/4/2014This is our second time here. We live on the south end of town but liked this place so much the first decided to make the drive. I'm glad we did!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Ambiance and service were good, if a bit noisy inside. Outside garden area looks lovely. Food took a long time getting to our table. My husband's pork dish was cold, every item on it. The stroganoff was tasty but so rich it was hard to have more than a couple of bites. Caesar salad was too fishy. We had high hopes for West 29th Restaurant but we won't be returning.
- Great Service!LillyDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was extremely attentive. The Restaurant Week menu was terrific. It was hard to decide which items to choose. Everything I had was delicious. I found the tres leches cake one of the best I have ever experienced. I will be back. I will also recommend this restaurant to others. In fact, I already did.Special Features:
- Love West 29thluv2dineDined on 8/28/2014West 29th is a hidden gem! I've been for brunch, happy hour, and most recently dinner. They have a great wine list. Restaurant week dinner was fabulous! I had the trout and it was delicious! Service was outstanding. Atmosphere was enjoyable and not too loud or too quiet...just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014This is the third time I've eaten here in the past year. This time, I had lamb tbones, which were just wonderful! Service is very good, with wait staff that know about the food and wine menus. The outdoor patio with bubbling fountain makes for great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on August 24CColoDined on 8/24/2014The dinner was very good, and I particularly enjoyed dining outside near the fountain. Since I need gluten free, I liked the fact that I had choices. The lamb was excellent and served very attractively. I also enjoyed choosing a wine from the long list, and it was quite good as the waitress had mentioned.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotHauteMamaDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed a wonderful brunch out on the patio. Waitstaff and management very attentive to the diner's needs. The only hitch we had was the scrambled eggs were raw and runny, but a quick return to the kitchen offered better results. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDCTimDined on 8/22/2014The service was only topped by the food. Loved the garden-Chris-our waiter was very good. The GM stopped by our table. We will return next time we are in DenverSpecial Features:
- Charming, warm staff, affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014The staff, especially Erica, was very accommodating and friendly. It was a pity that it was drizzling that afternoon but when we got out late in the evening, the patio was so enticing. The food was excellent; I had the crab & shrimp scampi while my friends had the gorgonzola stroganoff. The tres leches was simply perfect (not too sweet & with a hint of chocolate). Overall, it was a delightful evening to share chocolate and bellini with friends. It would have been better if we went there on a Thursday when it wasn't raining & when West 29th usually have live performances as well. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first vist to West 29th..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014A unique menu. And delicious ! We enjoyed the ambience, live music on the patio, and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The patio is a wonderful place to eat and the service was excellent. the only flaw I found is that there are not nearly enough vegetarian or vegan options on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningAnnieDined on 8/12/2014The outdoor dining and ambiance is the plus of this restaurant. The food was good and the presentation was wonderful. I wish they had a few more vegetarian items, plus ones without 'cream' (that's really the only reason I didn't give it a 4 star) It took a bit long I thought for my dish to come out. That could have been because I got there just as the restaurant was opening for the evening. I haven't tried their brunch yet, but I like what is shown on the menu and plan to come back to have a go at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in an old-style settinggharsDined on 8/9/2014I love this place. Great service, warm setting, clean, high quality innovative food. I just don't always like the chooses, I wish they would have a few lighter fish and poultry dishes. Otherwise, super, good pricing, i always leave feeling like we had a really nice experience.Special Features:
- A very nice findoldguyDined on 8/9/2014Dishes are very interesting and well presented. Service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Comfortable and pleasant environment, though lots of hard surfaces make for a high noise level when there's a crowd. All in all, a must for the list of places to frequent and places to take friends from out of town.Special Features:
- Location, Service, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great location and ambience. Server and waiter were excellent. Hostess argued about seating arrangement in an almost empty floor at 530. Too bad. Food was original, apps were excellent, black-eyed pea cauliflower salad, celeriac warm soup, yum. Main course disappointing. Overcooked and over sautéed spaetzle. Asparagus tart overwhelming sundried toms and undercooked pot, then dry. Gorgonzola stroganoff, tasty but dry. Priced high for what we got. I want to support local, will give benefit of the doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemtransplantsDined on 8/6/2014this was a great find - elegant dining, not too pricey, interesting menu, good beer. Everything well executed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were only in Wheat Ridge for the night and booked with West 29th after visiting TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. My wife has food allergies and was accomodated in every way. Eric went out of the way to check with the chef regarding the preparation of her food. I had the Shrimp & Crab scampi. The pasta was house made and so good. The seafood was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the West 29th reviews archive.
- Try the Dover soleHHHHDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here a number of times. Glad it's in the neighborhood. Two of our party had the sole. One said it was perhaps the best fish he's ever had. We also had the asparagus tart and the sausage and peppers dish. All very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crunchy spaetzle and burnt Sausage.EdL65Dined on 7/25/2014I had heard good things about this place. The scampi was heavy with cream sauce. The spaetzle was overdone and dried to a crunchy, dehydrated texture. When we asked for fresh spaetzle, they took over 30 minutes to being it. It came after we had all finished our dinners, without any apology or explanation. The service was good, but the manager's response to our complaint was dismissive. We won't go back.
- All Around, Great experienceerinVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed a Friday date night at W. 29th St. Service was excellent, food was good, the location and ambiance, really notable.Special Features:
- best of diningwisconsin44Dined on 7/18/2014the menu was original, with local food (?) not sure where they found the Colorado bass unless it was at a fish farm, just saying. The pasta with shrimp and crab really didn't have much crab, but it was very tasty. Overall a great deal to choose from. Very good and creative deserts voodoo bread pudding was on the menu the night we were there. Do give it a try, salads would be great for lunch, add chicken or shrimp.Special Features: