5560 West 29th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.west29th.com/
- Phone: 3032333377x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday : 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cherenzia 3032333377x
- Special Events: We will be closed to the public on Sunday, July 21st 2013. West 29th will be holding a private event to help Feed the Future. For tickets to this event please visit http://www.wheatridgebiz.com/FTF2013.php
A word from West 29th
West 29th is a new restaurant in Wheat Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
West 29th - Best Restaurants in Wheat Ridge ›
West 29th reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)great for outdoor dining (69)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (34)great for brunch (27)good for groups (19)romantic (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great spot!forsbrg2155Dined on 10/11/2014The service was great and the server was very helpful with the questions we had about the menu. The food had a very fresh cooked taste to it.Special Features:
- Fab!BearDined on 10/10/2014Friendly, knowledgeable service, great food, good prices! Very happy we stumbled into it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 9/27/2014The menu is small but everything on it is good.....really good location with good service. So what's missing to make you say "I just can't wait to come back?" That's the million dollar question.....I don't know. But it's worth trying again.Special Features:
- No competitionGo4greatfoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014The menu offers some very innovative items along with old standbys like trout and lamb chops done in creative ways. Everything we had was delicious: cauliflower and black eyed pea salad, strawberry salad, shrimp and crab scampi and the vegetable tart. The wine list is limited, but with good choices and modestly priced. Service was friendly and prompt, leaving nothing to be desired. What a pleasure and a surprise in Wheat Ridge. Though we live in Conifer, we're looking for occasions to go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulJulieDined on 9/25/2014My friends and I love the West 29th. The food is always wonderful and is top notch in my book. A delightful experience to try all the different entrees and each time loving the result. Every entrée is a culinary treat. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Very disappointed in the food. Love the staff and the decor especially the patio- great to sit outdoors and visit . This was the second time in 2 weeks we dined and there were very few tables - 6 months ago you couldn't get a table without a reservation. We used to rave about the entrees and everyone was polite to refrain from saying anything derogatory. Hope they can figure this out soon.Special Features:
- West 29thNeuronDined on 9/17/2014This is the second time I've ordered steak and at least a third of the steak was un-eatable.this was because the cut of the meet was inferior. So it's unlikely that I will want to come back
- Great outdoor dinning summer endjnjjDined on 9/14/2014Our 5th visit and food was wonderful as always. We sat outside to enjoy the patio and end of summer with wine. Nice early evening dinner and dining experience.Special Features:
- Eyesore turned into a gemluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014The location was an eyesore garage. Now a beautiful neighborhood gem. The food was very good and well worth the wait. Service and the atmosphere and the fact that the location is so close to home made the choice even more worth returning later. I will tell all my friends and family about the 29th ave restaurant. I will also return to have another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Food portions were small with minimal garnish - felt a little shorted. I'm not a big eater, and the portions seemed obviously small to me, tasty though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerIrishflyfisherDined on 9/4/2014This is our second time here. We live on the south end of town but liked this place so much the first decided to make the drive. I'm glad we did!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Ambiance and service were good, if a bit noisy inside. Outside garden area looks lovely. Food took a long time getting to our table. My husband's pork dish was cold, every item on it. The stroganoff was tasty but so rich it was hard to have more than a couple of bites. Caesar salad was too fishy. We had high hopes for West 29th Restaurant but we won't be returning.
- Great Service!LillyDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was extremely attentive. The Restaurant Week menu was terrific. It was hard to decide which items to choose. Everything I had was delicious. I found the tres leches cake one of the best I have ever experienced. I will be back. I will also recommend this restaurant to others. In fact, I already did.Special Features:
- Love West 29thluv2dineDined on 8/28/2014West 29th is a hidden gem! I've been for brunch, happy hour, and most recently dinner. They have a great wine list. Restaurant week dinner was fabulous! I had the trout and it was delicious! Service was outstanding. Atmosphere was enjoyable and not too loud or too quiet...just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014This is the third time I've eaten here in the past year. This time, I had lamb tbones, which were just wonderful! Service is very good, with wait staff that know about the food and wine menus. The outdoor patio with bubbling fountain makes for great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on August 24CColoDined on 8/24/2014The dinner was very good, and I particularly enjoyed dining outside near the fountain. Since I need gluten free, I liked the fact that I had choices. The lamb was excellent and served very attractively. I also enjoyed choosing a wine from the long list, and it was quite good as the waitress had mentioned.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotHauteMamaDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed a wonderful brunch out on the patio. Waitstaff and management very attentive to the diner's needs. The only hitch we had was the scrambled eggs were raw and runny, but a quick return to the kitchen offered better results. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDCTimDined on 8/22/2014The service was only topped by the food. Loved the garden-Chris-our waiter was very good. The GM stopped by our table. We will return next time we are in DenverSpecial Features:
- Charming, warm staff, affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014The staff, especially Erica, was very accommodating and friendly. It was a pity that it was drizzling that afternoon but when we got out late in the evening, the patio was so enticing. The food was excellent; I had the crab & shrimp scampi while my friends had the gorgonzola stroganoff. The tres leches was simply perfect (not too sweet & with a hint of chocolate). Overall, it was a delightful evening to share chocolate and bellini with friends. It would have been better if we went there on a Thursday when it wasn't raining & when West 29th usually have live performances as well. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first vist to West 29th..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014A unique menu. And delicious ! We enjoyed the ambience, live music on the patio, and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The patio is a wonderful place to eat and the service was excellent. the only flaw I found is that there are not nearly enough vegetarian or vegan options on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningAnnieDined on 8/12/2014The outdoor dining and ambiance is the plus of this restaurant. The food was good and the presentation was wonderful. I wish they had a few more vegetarian items, plus ones without 'cream' (that's really the only reason I didn't give it a 4 star) It took a bit long I thought for my dish to come out. That could have been because I got there just as the restaurant was opening for the evening. I haven't tried their brunch yet, but I like what is shown on the menu and plan to come back to have a go at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in an old-style settinggharsDined on 8/9/2014I love this place. Great service, warm setting, clean, high quality innovative food. I just don't always like the chooses, I wish they would have a few lighter fish and poultry dishes. Otherwise, super, good pricing, i always leave feeling like we had a really nice experience.Special Features:
- A very nice findoldguyDined on 8/9/2014Dishes are very interesting and well presented. Service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Comfortable and pleasant environment, though lots of hard surfaces make for a high noise level when there's a crowd. All in all, a must for the list of places to frequent and places to take friends from out of town.Special Features:
- Location, Service, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great location and ambience. Server and waiter were excellent. Hostess argued about seating arrangement in an almost empty floor at 530. Too bad. Food was original, apps were excellent, black-eyed pea cauliflower salad, celeriac warm soup, yum. Main course disappointing. Overcooked and over sautéed spaetzle. Asparagus tart overwhelming sundried toms and undercooked pot, then dry. Gorgonzola stroganoff, tasty but dry. Priced high for what we got. I want to support local, will give benefit of the doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemtransplantsDined on 8/6/2014this was a great find - elegant dining, not too pricey, interesting menu, good beer. Everything well executed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were only in Wheat Ridge for the night and booked with West 29th after visiting TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. My wife has food allergies and was accomodated in every way. Eric went out of the way to check with the chef regarding the preparation of her food. I had the Shrimp & Crab scampi. The pasta was house made and so good. The seafood was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Dover soleHHHHDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here a number of times. Glad it's in the neighborhood. Two of our party had the sole. One said it was perhaps the best fish he's ever had. We also had the asparagus tart and the sausage and peppers dish. All very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crunchy spaetzle and burnt Sausage.EdL65Dined on 7/25/2014I had heard good things about this place. The scampi was heavy with cream sauce. The spaetzle was overdone and dried to a crunchy, dehydrated texture. When we asked for fresh spaetzle, they took over 30 minutes to being it. It came after we had all finished our dinners, without any apology or explanation. The service was good, but the manager's response to our complaint was dismissive. We won't go back.
- All Around, Great experienceerinVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed a Friday date night at W. 29th St. Service was excellent, food was good, the location and ambiance, really notable.Special Features:
- best of diningwisconsin44Dined on 7/18/2014the menu was original, with local food (?) not sure where they found the Colorado bass unless it was at a fish farm, just saying. The pasta with shrimp and crab really didn't have much crab, but it was very tasty. Overall a great deal to choose from. Very good and creative deserts voodoo bread pudding was on the menu the night we were there. Do give it a try, salads would be great for lunch, add chicken or shrimp.Special Features:
- First time hereLingerDined on 7/16/2014Very fresh and delicious food. My husband is a hamburger snob and their burgers are worry $15. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was lovely food and the service was great. I will go there again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!!!JPnDenverDined on 7/11/2014What a wonderful addition to this quiet neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the thing.PickypickyDined on 7/11/2014West 29th has become a favorite of ours since our first dining experience there. The food is always excellent to outstanding, the ambience comfortable, the service usually fine, although our last visit our server was a bit crabby, which may have been due to our keeping our patio table in the rain, he seemed put out [it did stop raining & we had an excellent time]. I love having a good go to place on the west side of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backSusieDined on 7/11/2014All of us were impressed by the friendly welcome, the presentation and delicious flavor of our food and the cozy ambiance. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Very good food, and not to much. Prices are reasonable. Outside dining very nice with back section quiet as it is not next to 29th street.Special Features:
- Fabulous Neighborhood FindKatiePieDined on 7/5/2014I ate there 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Each time the food, wine, service and ambiance was delightful. Ate inside twice and on the shaded back patio once. You are not rushed which is delightf for a night out. I had the Rocky Mt Trout , asparagras tarte and crab and shrimp scampi. Everything was an updated version of what you would expect and more tasty than imagined. The wine choice is wonderful. My companions were equally pleased withe their choices which included labb steaks, gorgonzola stroganoff, and the airlind and confit chicken. I wish I could describe adequately all the additions to these lovely entrees but alas words fail me so I hope you decide to find out for yourselves.Special Features:
- Overall okayFoodieintrainingDined on 6/29/2014The food was fine although the menu selections were limited and kind heavy for this time of year. It was very hot in the restaurant itself which made it hard to enjoy. Our waiter was fine with us but very rude to the bus girl and being in the business for years that is something you do not want to do especially in front of the guests. I'll come back because the food was good but it won't be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGreensleevesDined on 6/29/2014Along with an attractive outside patio, the interior of 29th St.provides a spacious yet warm, cozy ambience. On each of my three recent visits, I've been impressed with the attentive service provided by pleasant waitresses. Weekend brunch menu is varied and moderately priced. The cinnamon rolls and scones are very good and there are many flavorful entrees offered, from from omlettes to fish & chips ! Food and wine each visit has been delicious. The dinner menu provides good choices without being overly long. My teen age grandson tried the lamb and declared it the best he'd ever eaten. i had the trout. It also was very good. 29th St is a great addition to the neighborhood. I only wish they were open for lunch during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.