5560 West 29th Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.west29th.com/
- Phone: 3032333377x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday : 5:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cherenzia 3032333377x
- Special Events: We will be closed to the public on Sunday, July 21st 2013. West 29th will be holding a private event to help Feed the Future. For tickets to this event please visit http://www.wheatridgebiz.com/FTF2013.php
A word from West 29th
West 29th is a new restaurant in Wheat Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
West 29th - Best Restaurants in Wheat Ridge ›
West 29th reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)great for outdoor dining (69)fit for foodies (42)special occasion (35)great for brunch (29)good for groups (20)romantic (16)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The patio is a wonderful place to eat and the service was excellent. the only flaw I found is that there are not nearly enough vegetarian or vegan options on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor DiningAnnieDined on 8/12/2014The outdoor dining and ambiance is the plus of this restaurant. The food was good and the presentation was wonderful. I wish they had a few more vegetarian items, plus ones without 'cream' (that's really the only reason I didn't give it a 4 star) It took a bit long I thought for my dish to come out. That could have been because I got there just as the restaurant was opening for the evening. I haven't tried their brunch yet, but I like what is shown on the menu and plan to come back to have a go at it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in an old-style settinggharsDined on 8/9/2014I love this place. Great service, warm setting, clean, high quality innovative food. I just don't always like the chooses, I wish they would have a few lighter fish and poultry dishes. Otherwise, super, good pricing, i always leave feeling like we had a really nice experience.Special Features:
- A very nice findoldguyDined on 8/9/2014Dishes are very interesting and well presented. Service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Comfortable and pleasant environment, though lots of hard surfaces make for a high noise level when there's a crowd. All in all, a must for the list of places to frequent and places to take friends from out of town.Special Features:
- Location, Service, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great location and ambience. Server and waiter were excellent. Hostess argued about seating arrangement in an almost empty floor at 530. Too bad. Food was original, apps were excellent, black-eyed pea cauliflower salad, celeriac warm soup, yum. Main course disappointing. Overcooked and over sautéed spaetzle. Asparagus tart overwhelming sundried toms and undercooked pot, then dry. Gorgonzola stroganoff, tasty but dry. Priced high for what we got. I want to support local, will give benefit of the doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemtransplantsDined on 8/6/2014this was a great find - elegant dining, not too pricey, interesting menu, good beer. Everything well executed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were only in Wheat Ridge for the night and booked with West 29th after visiting TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. My wife has food allergies and was accomodated in every way. Eric went out of the way to check with the chef regarding the preparation of her food. I had the Shrimp & Crab scampi. The pasta was house made and so good. The seafood was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Dover soleHHHHDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here a number of times. Glad it's in the neighborhood. Two of our party had the sole. One said it was perhaps the best fish he's ever had. We also had the asparagus tart and the sausage and peppers dish. All very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crunchy spaetzle and burnt Sausage.EdL65Dined on 7/25/2014I had heard good things about this place. The scampi was heavy with cream sauce. The spaetzle was overdone and dried to a crunchy, dehydrated texture. When we asked for fresh spaetzle, they took over 30 minutes to being it. It came after we had all finished our dinners, without any apology or explanation. The service was good, but the manager's response to our complaint was dismissive. We won't go back.
- All Around, Great experienceerinVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really enjoyed a Friday date night at W. 29th St. Service was excellent, food was good, the location and ambiance, really notable.Special Features:
- best of diningwisconsin44Dined on 7/18/2014the menu was original, with local food (?) not sure where they found the Colorado bass unless it was at a fish farm, just saying. The pasta with shrimp and crab really didn't have much crab, but it was very tasty. Overall a great deal to choose from. Very good and creative deserts voodoo bread pudding was on the menu the night we were there. Do give it a try, salads would be great for lunch, add chicken or shrimp.Special Features:
- First time hereLingerDined on 7/16/2014Very fresh and delicious food. My husband is a hamburger snob and their burgers are worry $15. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was lovely food and the service was great. I will go there again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!!!JPnDenverDined on 7/11/2014What a wonderful addition to this quiet neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the thing.PickypickyDined on 7/11/2014West 29th has become a favorite of ours since our first dining experience there. The food is always excellent to outstanding, the ambience comfortable, the service usually fine, although our last visit our server was a bit crabby, which may have been due to our keeping our patio table in the rain, he seemed put out [it did stop raining & we had an excellent time]. I love having a good go to place on the west side of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backSusieDined on 7/11/2014All of us were impressed by the friendly welcome, the presentation and delicious flavor of our food and the cozy ambiance. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Very good food, and not to much. Prices are reasonable. Outside dining very nice with back section quiet as it is not next to 29th street.Special Features:
- Fabulous Neighborhood FindKatiePieDined on 7/5/2014I ate there 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Each time the food, wine, service and ambiance was delightful. Ate inside twice and on the shaded back patio once. You are not rushed which is delightf for a night out. I had the Rocky Mt Trout , asparagras tarte and crab and shrimp scampi. Everything was an updated version of what you would expect and more tasty than imagined. The wine choice is wonderful. My companions were equally pleased withe their choices which included labb steaks, gorgonzola stroganoff, and the airlind and confit chicken. I wish I could describe adequately all the additions to these lovely entrees but alas words fail me so I hope you decide to find out for yourselves.Special Features:
- Overall okayFoodieintrainingDined on 6/29/2014The food was fine although the menu selections were limited and kind heavy for this time of year. It was very hot in the restaurant itself which made it hard to enjoy. Our waiter was fine with us but very rude to the bus girl and being in the business for years that is something you do not want to do especially in front of the guests. I'll come back because the food was good but it won't be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGreensleevesDined on 6/29/2014Along with an attractive outside patio, the interior of 29th St.provides a spacious yet warm, cozy ambience. On each of my three recent visits, I've been impressed with the attentive service provided by pleasant waitresses. Weekend brunch menu is varied and moderately priced. The cinnamon rolls and scones are very good and there are many flavorful entrees offered, from from omlettes to fish & chips ! Food and wine each visit has been delicious. The dinner menu provides good choices without being overly long. My teen age grandson tried the lamb and declared it the best he'd ever eaten. i had the trout. It also was very good. 29th St is a great addition to the neighborhood. I only wish they were open for lunch during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014West 29th Street Restaurant was a delightful experience. I have been there once before for brunch and ordered different things this time. Both experiences were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time's a CharmFreshAirFoodieDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten here three times now, and the food has been uniformly excellent. They have changed the menu for seasonal variety, which made us stretch our choices. I had stroganoff with beef tips (with homemade pasta), my wife had a very good vegetarian dish (that even I liked, a first). Both were excellent, and dining outside on the patio made it perfect. Wish the wine list was a little more expansive, but you can find something appropriate unless you are a sommelier. Had friends with us this time, and they were favorably impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I was honestly expecting more from this restaurant based on the reviews. Our server was nice, but had few answers to my questions abut the menu. The food itself was good, but showed the inexperience of the kitchen staff, which docks credibility considering they tout at least one of them with working for Daniel Boulud on their website; I'd expect a LOT more from such pedigree. That doesn't make the place entirely bad, but not deserving of 4 or 5 stars IMO. I wanted to see some culinary expertise coming out of the kitchen, and knowledgeable servers. What I experienced was an average (at best) restaurant run by an average culinary team, and under trained service staff.
- Local gemgharsDined on 6/21/2014West 29th has a great patio and really friendly staff that make you feel at home. They have good wine by the glass and this time we had burgers that were good quality but could have had more flavor. Overall I really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulCherDined on 6/17/2014We went with our adult children and spouses (6 adults). We sat on the patio, which we enjoyed. The food and service was excellent. That was my 2nd time to eat at the restaurant and I am planning on returning in the near future.Special Features:
- birthday treatjnjjDined on 6/17/2014Great food and celabration of wifes 60 th. They treated her to dessert. A gem of a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic Father's Day DinnerIrishflyfisherDined on 6/15/2014Went of Father's Day evening with friends. Sat outside on the main patio - beautiful flowers, water fountain, and surrounding garden. Fantastic, bread sticks, outstanding entrees, hot plates, hot food perfectly cooked. Good wine list by the glass. Attentive, friendly service. Spotless restrooms! We will be back. A great place to take out of town guests!Special Features:
- Outdoor magicDianeVIPDined on 6/15/2014On a summer Sunday evening my husband and I enjoyed the patio at West 29th. Dinner was good aside from a missed item which was ordered. The mistake was corrected as soon as it was pointed out. A plus for the menu is that items that are Vegetarian or Gluten Free are noted with a V or G, and there are plenty of options for both. Several families and couples arrived on foot or bicycle, indicating that the neighborhood is enjoying this restaurant. Dishes were nicely prepared; I enjoyed a celeriac bisque which was novel and satisfying. This was our second visit to the restaurant and won't be our last. All in all a pleasant experience in a flower filled setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for brunchlrizzDined on 6/14/2014great patio and beautiful indoor restaurant and bar. Brunch menu is very limited, could be more flexible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfortably warm in dining roomDebbieDined on 6/13/2014We've been here only in fall/winter before, went this time on a hot day and we had to move to the bar to eat dinner, the dining room with the open kitchen was really too warm to be comfortable, especially since we were entertaining out of town guests. We want to support the restaurant and the food is great, but something more needs to be done with A/C. We'll keep checking backSpecial Features:
- JudyDined on 6/11/2014The food was outstanding. I highly recommend making reservations thru Open Table, or you might face a long wait. My girlfriends were also impressed with food. It was very crowded, so service wasn't outstanding, but very good. I would recommend this restaurant, especially to those living in the Wheat Ridge area. I work in Wheat Ridge, & most people I mentioned the restaurant to prior to dining there, didn't even know it was there.Special Features:
- Sunday StarSusieDined on 6/8/20144 of us left the rain behind at a beautiful fireside table. Friendly, knowledgeable service was capped by a delicious new menu. Good wine list variety. Try the shrimp scampi or fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Tasty FindluvtodineDined on 6/8/2014It was quite fun to finally visit and dine at West 29th. Knowing the owners made the experience extra special! I had the Benedict,and was not disappointed. The staff was friendly,efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. I will be back soon to enjoy the lovely patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely locally owned spot!clancy528Dined on 6/7/2014I booked W. 29th Ave strictly off the reviews on Trip Advisor & Yelp for a night out treat for my employees & myself, this was a risk but we were truly rewarded. I knew just from the outside this was probably a good choice, beautiful landscape, appealing patio (it was stormy when we arrived so we did not take advantage) but it looked very nice. The staff from the moment you arrived were very attentive and enthusiastic about making sure the guests had a great experience. We had the new summer menu which was delicious, from the Spinach Pasta, Stroganoff, and my Crab & Shrimp Scampi, everyone tasted each others meal, always a good sign! I would highly recommend this neighborhood gem to anyone looking for something other than a chain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Dinner was excellent and the service very good. Very friendly and a restaurant we would certainly go back to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findGibvaterDined on 5/29/2014Nice restaurant with a cozy unpretentious atmosphere. Food was great.Special Features:
- Tasty Tasty!MikeeMikeDined on 5/25/2014We live in Wheat Ridge and love to frequent all of the restaurants here. West 29th was our choice this time as we were looking for something a little more classy. It was almost warm enough to sit on the awesome patio but not quite so be opted to sit inside. The food was great from start to finish. Calamari , Lamb Shank, Filet, and Gorgonzola Pasta was our groups' order. Even our 5 year old that ordered the buttered noodles was impressed. It wasn't busy (Holiday Weekend) and our food came out right away. We'll be back....Special Features:
- Unexpected Delight!janswaDined on 5/16/2014Based on the positive reviews, we thought we would give West 29th a try --- and we were not disappointed! Everything was exceptional -- very, very good. We immediately came home, told our friends and have already booked another evening there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the area.BonnieDined on 5/15/2014I grew up in this neighborhood and it is wonderful to have a restaurant move in. Both the lunch and dinner menus offer enough chioices to be interesting but so many as to be overwhelming. The food is definitely yummy. My only criticism is that the music was a bit too loud in the dining room.Special Features:
- UnsuregenoaflashVIPDined on 5/14/2014I had been here with a group 2 weeks ago and we were all impressed. So I went there with my friend and the soup, appetizer and dessert were wonderful. He had the fish and the polenta underneath had 0 flavor and this beautiful piece of fish was smothered in a sauce that covered up all the taste. I had Beef Bourguignon and it tasted so vinegary that it was not pleasant. I'll give it one more chance to see if it was just an off night.Special Features: