6714 N. Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westbar.com/
- Phone: 4056074072x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: West offers a private dining room with two flat screen televisions and fireplace. If desired, the patio adjacent to the private room may also be reserved.
- Private Party Contact: Kortney Haynes 4056074072x
A word from West
West is a contemporary American restaurant with a menu sure to please every palate. Our focus is outstanding cuisine and fine wines. We have a full bar, both a smoking and non-smoking patio (with fire pit), as well as a private dining room with fire place. West is the perfect spot for lunch with friends, a post-work cocktail, or dinner with the family. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
West reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (21)good for groups (18)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- I was so excited...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Then they were out of quail eggs so no $20 burger...then my tuna was just icky...then my salad was too salty...then my grilled cheese only had cheese on 60% of it...then my onion rings were cold...then I left.
- Birthday celebrationvegfriendDined on 9/8/2014I love West. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. We can each have a very special meal--together. We celebrated my birthday at West last year and my husband's birthday this week. The food and service were great. We will certainly be back. Don't miss the homemade potato chips with blue cheese and balsamic. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okEasy2pleaseDined on 9/5/2014Food wasn't that great. Didn't like the bread which was like grilled Texas toast. No salad with meal. The desert however was great - the salted caramel brownie. No kids meals so spent $11 for an 8 year old on a just so so cheese pizza.Special Features:
- Good, but priceyStew52Dined on 8/30/2014Great steaks, but do we really need to plop them down on top of the mashed potatoes? If I have to explain why this shouldn't be done, well... Great filet though, and the mushrooms and reduction were superb. The Seghisio Zin was also good, but again, at $60, a bit pricey. I do like West, and will undoubtedly keep coming back, although I frequently find myself asking why...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Labor Day BrunchYumYum1VIPDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I enjoyed a quiet, Labor Day brunch on Saturday 8/30/2014. The restaurant, which did have patrons, was quieter than usual, due to the holiday weekend. We had a wonderful time eating and chatting in my favorite booth. The waitstaff was solicitous, but not intrusive. I ordered the tenderloin salad (my first time for that entree), which was just delicious…the meat was so tender it almost melted in my mouth. My friend ordered a burger. We both ate her french fries, which were well seasoned, not too salty and were actually a big enough portion for two. We talked for at least 2 1/2 hours before leaving. It was a delicious, relaxing, rejuvenating lunch encounter. Thank you, West!Special Features:
- Nice New SitefoodfanDined on 8/27/2014This was my first time at West. I was there with four other individuals. We were just friends getting together. The last time I recommended a restaurant, two of these individuals were not pleased. This time, everyone left very happy. The food was all really good. And the dishes looked good too. The desserts were also great. I recommended to one of my friends that this would be a great place to bring his wife. Nice job West. . . I just had one negative. I guess it would help if I lost a little weight, but in our booth, the seats were a little too soft so I sat a little low compared to the table. I realize that I am being extremely picky with this one but that is how well I liked your restaurant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbartmanDined on 8/17/2014Brunch food was great. A bit on the more expensive end, but very good. My wife wanted a specialty coffee which they did not have (only espresso or regular coffee) and they only had 2 specialty drinks for brunch. She wanted something Red bull with alcohol, which they did not have. But we'll be back. Great atmosphere and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Disappointing visitTheAdmiralDined on 8/16/2014We visit West fairly often( once/month) and were disappointed by the entrees and the noise level. The Personal Meatloaf seemed steamed, had a pâté'-like texture and was tasteless, as was the "gravy" topping it. The Tuna, requested to be more well-done than the kitchen would usually do, was far too undercooked. The appetizers/ salad were satisfactory. The restaurant offered a complimentary dessert in apology for the Tuna. The overhead music speakers - directly over us- were often too loud, depending on the music playing- the same problem on our last visit. We'll re-visit West, but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchYumYum1VIPDined on 8/16/2014On Saturday, August 16th, I met a friend for brunch at WEST. The day outside, was overcast and dreary. Inside the restaurant, the service and the meals were hot and appetizing. The waitstaff was solicitous, as always, but not cloying. My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely brunch with attentive but unobtrusive service and left, two hours later, in a satisfied and happy mood. Saturday brunch at WEST has something on the menu for everyone. The prices are affordable and you can dine in privacy or publicly, because there are both booths and tables available. So far, I have been very happy with the variety of brunch choices on both sunny and rainy Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4Lifefood4lifeDined on 8/13/2014I was part of a group of 4 who dined at "West" on Wednesday Evening, Aug. 13th. I met a friend there @ 5:00 for drinks and appetizers and our husbands joined us later. Our service was Outstanding; Sarah was not hovering and knew exactly when to appear. I ordered the Tenderloin Risotto and found it very tender and flavorful. My husband had the Tenderloin Salad and I wish that I had ordered that menu item. His Tenderloin Salad had twice the Tenderloin and cost half as much as my Tenderloin Risotto. The Risotto was a bit too heavy paired with the Tenderloin. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal. I personally found the Zucchini Chips to be a bit greasy. We had a booth and it was quiet enough that we could visit.Special Features:
- BravoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014food was appealing and tasty. Service was excellent and food delivery timely.Special Features:
- Very FinebaldeagleDined on 8/12/2014The four of us agreed that West was an ideal place to eat and chat. We get together often for meals and found West to be perfect for us.Special Features:
- Too much salt!SaildocVIPDined on 8/10/2014Has been a regular location for brunch. Tried the new crab cakes Benedict. Way too much salt! Could barely eat it. Have noticed that trend with all their food lately.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service, Loud AmbiancelividsquirrelDined on 8/8/2014We went to West on day 23 of a "Whole 30", and the server was extremely accommodating to our special dietary requests. The food was delicious, but it's hard to give an even-handed review of that when you ask them to leave off and modify all the recipes! We sat in the north addition, and it seemed like there were 2 large groups of 10-12 "20-somethings" who had come to West after work to drink and talk loudly. We were on a special date, including babysitting, so that didn't enhance the romantic atmosphere. However, very good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the RestMandyDined on 7/26/2014As a first timer to West, I didn't have any expectations.We arrived early to check out the bar. They have an unbelievable selection! The bar staff was top notch, standing back so you don't feel like they are even there but taking care of you the entire time. I also love the feel of this restaurant. It is very modern, without being cold, with a laid back, cozy ambiance. Now the most important thing: THE FOOD! Our waitress guided us so well, knowing we were first timers. She suggested the warm chips as an appetizer...Out of this world. I would suggest the beef tenderloin risotto, such a rich yet balanced entree. For dessert, we had warm cookies and milk and every table at West ends with cotton candy! Great experience, can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteschampDined on 7/5/2014Third time to visit. Not disappointed. The 1977 steak is the best and has been everytime we've come. We also got the fish tacos - amazing! And enjoyed the risotto. Finshed the meal with cotton candy that we don't eat anywhere but here. We ate early because we had a movie to catch. Sat in the front part of the restaurant - normally it's a little loud but it was perfect. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarlaDined on 6/29/2014We read a review in SLICE magazine and decided to try it. We loved WEST!!! Food was great! Service was great! Recommend trying the salted caramel brownie for desert--YUMMM!!! Plan to go back and try brunch tomorrow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RealtorFoodieRealtoronthetownDined on 6/28/2014One of my go to spots for dinner with friends. Good Food. Nice wine list. Good cocktails. In the neighborhood. Consistent. And the Zukie Chips are my naughty indulgence!Special Features:
- Dining Experience at West 6/20/2013NikkiDined on 6/20/2014We had a very nice experience at West. Our server Sam was very professional, knowledgable and courteous. She took great care of us, and I loved all the gluten free options you had available. My husband had no complaints on the food and with him being a chef that's pretty rare. Chefs are hard to impress :) Cotton candy at the end of the meal was a nice touch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening outeat2liveDined on 6/13/2014I wanted to celebrate my husband with all he had done last week and what better way than to make reservations at west! Yummy zucca chips, 20 dollar burgers and to top it off? The amazing bread pudding and dynamite cotton candy to boot! Needless to say we went home with our tummies full, satisfied and happy! Thank You!Special Features:
- Disappointed our foodie guestsWinston1969Dined on 6/7/2014Our guests from out of town are foodies and were greatly disappointed. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was bland, the sockeye salmon over mashed potatoes with sautéed spinach had almost no flavor. A fun family reunion regardless but food not best in town to show off OKC dining.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the West reviews archive.
- Another great Western Avenue placeJoMKessDined on 5/24/2014First time at West. Not our last, either. We had reservations, probably not needed. Interesting decor. The Papardelle Bolognese was excellent, with the right amount of Italian sausage. The individual meatloaf had an interesting texture, not crumbly like your mom's but almost like a pate' in a loaf. The green beans were fascinating... not sure what they have in them but they'd get even the finickiest kids to eat right up. Excellent portion size. We passed on dessert but were brought a complimentary plate of cotton candy. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Awful ServiceSchallerDined on 5/2/2014The appetizer was delicious and our food was very good. We also really liked the cotton candy. I wish I could rate this restaurant higher but our server was AWFUL. He was so inattentive and it took over 45 minutes for him to even take our order.Special Features:
- First time and not the last!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014It was delicious! Loved the apps and the wine! Cotton Candy was cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety of menu itemsWestIsBestDined on 4/25/2014Enjoy this venue as it provides wonderfully prepared food that I would rarely cook myself. I've eaten here many times when coming to Okc to visit family and it is always superb in every way. Food. Service. Atmosphere. And price. This was my first lunch visit but I will be back for both dinner and lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice atmosphereGaryDined on 4/19/2014First off, under number 2 above, you spelled Brunch wrong, unless you meant it was good for a bunch of folks. Great food and nice place. Always enjoy eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sat BrunchDobberDined on 4/19/2014We had to find a place that served brunch on a Saturday, West was one of the only places I could find that did. I was great food, service, and would recommend for small or large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014I really liked their brunch menu, great choices plus you can order off the lunch menu. Lots of choices and great food. First time will return. Service could be better, it was a little spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014A totally enjoyable dining experience. Everything we ordered was well prepared and tasted great, but the star of the evening had to be the outstanding service. Never once had to ask for anything. Two thumbs up. We'll be to try the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationLanieDined on 3/25/2014We went to West on a OKC Thunder home game and the place was rocking. Be advised there is no separation between the bar and the dining area and our fans are loud. The food was fun, we loved the zucchini chips, entrées were good (the grilled chicken was over cooked, but well seasoned) and the cotton candy was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeluv2eatDined on 3/16/2014We went for Sunday brunch and they serve it until 4pm! It was outstanding. Will return for an encore soon.Special Features:
- Brunch with FriendsYumYum1VIPDined on 3/15/2014I took two friends to brunch/lunch on a recent Saturday and we had a wonderful time. The brunch/lunch specials, as well as the written menu, were appetizing. I had the special frittata and my friends tried other appetizing brunch/lunch plates. The waitstaff was friendly, quick and responsive. The food was delicious. Hot plates were hot. Chilled plates were cold and all were well seasoned. The waiter checked in periodically to insure that we had everything that we needed. When we arrived, the restaurant was almost empty. When we left, the restaurant was full. I strongly recommend WEST for brunch/lunch on the weekend. They always have interesting specials and the variety of menu options insures that everyone can have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great......FunBubbleDined on 3/1/2014I ordered the pot pie and when the food was being delivered to our table, I was the only one (out of a party of five) that didn't receive my meal. I had to wait about five minutes before my dinner was finally delivered. The server was very unexperienced. He was not very familiar with the menu. He kept repeating the fact that he had only been trained two days before. When we first arrived at our table we sat waiting for about 10 minutes for our server to appear, when he finally did show he made a comment that he got caught up visiting with other tables. Every time I have gone to this restaurant, it has taken forever for food and drinks to arrive. I keep giving it a chance, but this was the last straw.
- Impressive attentionStacyDined on 2/28/2014Amazing experience! We had 3 potentially (very) picky ladies dining. Combine that with a brand-new server being shadowed by his MANAGER all night to ensure quality service. There was not a single hiccup, displeased eater, & nor lack of comfort. They were helpful, knowledgable, kind, & (for lack of a better word) AWESOME. Since it was our 1st time, the brought us complementary cookies & milk. We had a child with us, & they brought her cotton candy! The food was great quality & plated up nicely. The atmosphere was perfect for any occasion or diner (the patio looks amazing!!) be it romantic night out, family, work, birthday, etc. Great area, staff, & quality. Never have I had a burger worth $20 before now! We will be back as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2014We try to like this restaurant but are most often disappointed. The atmosphere is great but food is marginal at best. We have usually ordered pasta dishes which always seem thrown on plate and overcooked. Never seem really fresh or flavorful. Feel like Robert Irvine needs to stop in and save this place. Great place for drinks but some food items are very pricey and are better at other places
- Zucchini chips are the highlight...Fattire11Dined on 2/21/2014Took the wife on a Friday night date. Had reservations for 7:30 but didn't appear we needed them. Atmosphere was good, not too loud, not too quiet. Service was good and friendly. Perfect date environment. Was recommended the zucchini chips as an appetizer and was not disappointed. Food came out in a timely fashion. Was somewhat unimpressed with the beef tenderloin and enchiladas entree. The goat cheese and corn enchiladas were fantastic but the tenderloin left much to be desired. It was probably my fault for ordering it medium but it leaned towards the medium well to well side. The enchiladas had to be teamed up with each bite to make it flavorful. Not a bad evening, just not one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch!HavingfunDined on 2/21/2014The food choices are excellent and all was delicious. Hot food hot and cold food cold and very good. I love being able to make reservations for lunch. Service is fast and friendly -- very relaxing atmosphere for lunch.Special Features:
- delicious datemochaDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I spent a lovely evening at West. The 5 oz beef tenderloin with mushrooms I ordered was fantastic and so was the Ahi Tuna my husband ordered. Even though it was Valentine's weekend and quite busy we never felt rushed to leave. We wish we had known there was going to be a band playing at 9 PM so we had made plans to stay. Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!Mit10Dined on 2/15/2014We loved it. We will be going again sometime soon. Our waitress was amazing. She did a very good job and was very kind and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a changeSkeeterDined on 2/15/2014I was impressed by the décor. Very upscale, but not pretentious. It was noisy, and even though I asked the waiter to speak up, I could not understand most of what he said. The food was good, but not great, and I can get good food for a lot less than $45 a person. We did not care for their version of a Brandy Ice they hyped on the menu. Glad that we tried a new restaurant, but probably won't be going back.Special Features: