480 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1L7Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://weslodge.com/
- Phone: (647) 660-0999
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the main dining room, our private dining area seats up to 14 people. Please note, parties of 8 or more are required to choose one of our prix fixe menu options listed on our website.
- Private Party Contact: Keegan Chambers 4163670505x
A word from Weslodge Saloon
Weslodge is a modern saloon which serves modern American cuisine with an emphasis on technique. It has a great energy and vibe making it a great location for a business lunch, or a night out on the town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Weslodge Saloon - Best Restaurants in King West ›
Weslodge Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (29)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)hot spot (23)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- YummsterVIPDined on 11/18/2014Our waiter showed no hesitation to interrupt the table conversation when he felt the need to peddle more drinks or hustle us along. Once or twice would be tolerable, but six or seven times was exasperatingly rude.
- Fantastic! Highly recommend!craigarVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food here is some of the most unique, inventive, and delicious in the city. Apps, mains, deserts, the cocktails... i want to try then all, because everything i've had so far over 3 visits is amazing. Add to that a very cool atmosphere and excellent, fast, helpful, friendly service .... one of my favourite places to eat and hang out! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More show than substance404nicknamenotfoundDined on 10/12/2014Good food, but expensive for what it is to my mind. Great service, no doubt there and it is a cool place. My biggest issue is that the cocktails simply weren't that good. Most of those we tried seemed to be an odd mix of somewhat overbearing flavors, not that wonderfully tasty drink you're expecting. FWIW, that is not something that I say lightly, I enjoy a good cocktail and have done so at some very nice places, this particular take on the classics was just not something I enjoyed.
- Impressed OverallInTheIndustryDined on 9/30/2014Overall had a very good experience. I was impressed with our Server. She was great outlining the menu and making recommendations. The burger was good but wouldn't call it one of the best in Toronto. Cocktails are great, food came out warm, I would have liked it a little hotter. Some parts of service were unrefined and inefficient. Our primary Server was great, but I was disappointed with the host and support staff. Everything was sufficient, but service should match the price point of the restaurant. Someone teach them how to properly full clear a table! Thanks for the good night.Special Features:
- WhalesharkDined on 9/11/2014Great vibe and energy to the place, and the decor is very cool in my view. Food was exceptional and the fish was especially good. Great for sharing. Our service was excellent...on the ball, knowledgable about the menu and made great recommendations. Will definitely make it a regular spot. Never once did I have to wait for another drink or condiments etc...very efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in town!!SooJayyDined on 9/11/2014great atmosphere..and music, if you like your saloons to get the led out (zeppelin) Great sharing menu, i have to reccommend the fried chicken and biscuits, i think it is called hen and biscuits. Everyone agreed at my table, the burger was top drawer. The only thing i would say about the service, was it was a little overkill. I was getting the impression they were rushing us out of there. We were asked by several servers if we were finished, when our plates still had food on it. They were taking them away while you were still eating. This happened throughout the meal, and we weren't by any means lingering. I found out from a door man when we were leaving that they were closing later for a private party - 2 hrs from the time we left.Special Features:
- DisappointingNevilleNosherVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were completely disappointed in Weslodge. The food was, at best, slightly better than average. The server told us, as the menu stated, that the dishes were designed for sharing. This may be true for a a party of anorexics, but the portion sizes were quite small, and the 'small shares' were no more than meager 1st courses. The 'large shares' were small mains and sides were additional. Split amongst 3 people, we barely had enough to provide a small taste. Nothing stood out in any way. It was quite noisy, although it was not a full house, but this is the norm these days.Special Features:
- Save your moneySotnosRCVIPDined on 9/10/2014I was quite disappointed with the food at this establishment. After reading initial reviews I expected more from the place but the food was mediocre at best and certainly overpriced. I had eaten at another local establishment the previous day and they served similar side dishes (i.e. brussel sprouts and cauliflower) and I much rather enjoyed the other establishments in comparison to Weslodge. Also, their group sharing portion sizes do not reflect group consumption. I shared 4 gnocchi. This place is more notable for its bar and decor. I ordered a $16 cocktail! I definitely do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are other better restaurants. I can safely say this as I am a frequent diner on Open Table and in the city in general.Special Features:
- Style and qualityNomaVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service was amazing and helpful, the food was fantastic, and the drinks were great! The slo summer tastes like a spa and the sweet ice tea is delicious. The scotch egg is amazing...everything was amazing; order the whole menu. Well worth it! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/1/2014I ordered, I told my waiter specifically to have the pulled pork on a side dish as I cannot have pork. Everything else on the platter seemed fine, including the duck sausage and the mac n cheese. The waiter said this was no problem. As soon as the food was placed on our table, the waiter tells me that I cannot have the duck sausage as it is encased in a pork skin, and I cannot have the mac n cheese as it has a bacon creme on top that 'we cannot make it without'. Well buddy, if you had told me this when I was placing my order, me and my partner would have ordered something else instead of paying $29 for a platter full of things I could not eat! What was crazy was he said that and just left without asking me if I was fine with this.
- Great experience!drummerchickDined on 9/1/2014The hostess was super friendly and walked us to the booth. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. We ordered the Cutting Board and it was delicious! Definitely recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Place on King WestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Great saloon. Food is meant to be pared with Saloon style drinks. We had the two award winning cocktails, Bluth and Orange Spiced Old Fashion. The Scotch Egg was small, tasty and crisp on the outside. sausage plate was interesting. Different types of sausage with home made compliments loved it. The burger was not huge and fry portion small, but every bite was an experience so much Flavour. The Austrailian Wagyu was outstanding. Tender, flavorful. This is a restaurant that is concerned about how each and every part of the dish is put together. No detail too small. Even the ketchup is made in house. The environment is young, loud and full of energy. Out waiter Noah was attentive, humorous and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyinmytummyDined on 8/11/2014The menu was over priced for the portion size and quality of food. Claimed they were sharing plates but at $20 a plate thats just insane to order multiple- ordered the dumplings came with lots of sauce and 3 pieces. Even the drinks were unreasonably priced... Would not recomend to friends.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Weslodge Saloon reviews archive.
- Really tasty, good value, trendySpackleDined on 7/27/2014Trendy but satisfying. Not absurdly noisy or expensive and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood GemBornToDineOutVIPDined on 7/18/2014Went for summerlicious to try Westlodge for the first time. The service was amazing - 2 managers came to check on our table during our meal. We were a table of 4 - several waiters brought us our dishes to ensure we were all served at the same time. Food was delicious. Despite a couple of little things, we thought this place was fantastic and are happy to have this in our neighbourhood.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014I had heard great things about Weslodge. So I organized a group of us to head down for dinner. The room was bueatiful and the service was great. I loved being by the kitchen as well - lots of entertainment. I started off with a fantastic old fashion all be it over priced but to be expected in a place like Weslodge. All that being said we went there for the food and I left disappointed and hungery. The Salmon Tartare was bland at best. Everyone that had the Tartare agreed. The general concenus was that the Scotch egg was good. The beef checks were just OK but my portion was so small I had two forks and that was it. Dessert was delicious but it is sad when you spend $140 on food and drinks and then have to go for dinner somewhere else.Special Features:
- Overhyped & overpricedNppfVIPDined on 7/11/2014Small portions of mediocre food paired with overpriced wine. Yes it was summerlicious but I thought that's supposed to make you want to return. Not in this case. $13 for a glass of wine whose bottle is only $15. Would have been okay if food was good - but it wasn't. We had another meal after and we're both small girls.....
- Great food and ambienceAndrewfDined on 7/8/2014Went there for summerlicious. Had beef cheeks. Overall very good but some may find them to be small portions. Ambience is upscale casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yellow Doors were the best thing...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/8/2014Girls Night. Walking in, the host & sitting down, the service was wonderful. As I sat down with my other two friends (already seated) our server was 'rushed.' In a nutshell we had rushed through our entire meal. There were no tables after us and there were empty tables around us. While we were eatting desert--our server decided it was time for the bill--We had not even finished our course; we paid. We waited for a friend who was coming to eat late. We waited 20minutes, never saw the server again or asked if we wanted to get a drink while we waited. In the end the food (as delicious as it was) did not triumph over the mediocre service we received. We went somewhere else for drinks and second dinner. Too bad since I loved Patria.Special Features:
- Clean platingfoodi3lov3Dined on 7/7/2014Food was great; didn't wait too long for the plates to come out. I'd recommend their house sausages - they're juicy and tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Good foodMarkDined on 7/6/2014Weslodge is a great place. I went there many times and the food is always great. You should have lucky to reserve a table via open table. Don't try to call them. Usually is an answering machine. My advise is reserve in advance.Special Features:
- Excellent for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Good food. Great ambience. Unique decor. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didnt live up to expectationsBrit5438Dined on 7/5/2014Ive been here before and had the Lamb and it was wonderful. I recently went for Summerlicious and was hoping for the same satisfaction, but unfortunately not. The quality of the food is top notch, but the portions, even for Summerlicious, are extremely small. Starter I had the scotch egg, which I new would be small as Ive had it before but the main course was the smallest bit of Braised Beef Cheek you could imagine. We each had one drink each and the $35 menu and our final bill came out to $135 all in. For this Id expect to at least be full. Recommend this Summerlicious menu for someone that is looking to excite the taste buds, but don't expect to leave with a full bellySpecial Features:
- Great for biz lunchFoodie1VIPDined on 6/25/2014Yummy salmon tartare! Would go back again for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Good experienceThebarnacle111Dined on 6/20/2014Food was delicious. Highlights for me were the crispy hen with biscuits and the duck bacon and egg Small share. Our server was great but the other people bringing out food and drinks seemed a bit mixed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OK...StevieONDined on 6/15/2014Little pricey but the food was good for the most part, we had the mostly meat platter for two, dessert, one drink each, over $100...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDanielJayDined on 6/1/2014A beautiful interior, friendly service, and tasty brunch foods. I'll be back for sure. I must say tht I was drawn in by the big yellow doors. Brilliant decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food waa fantasticBoulosDined on 5/30/2014Though it's on the pricy side, my wife and I were completely satisfied with the amazing food and service. Looking forward to head there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, funBirdseedDined on 5/30/2014Different foods for those who want to try something different other than steak and potatoes. Meant for sharing so great for a group. The menu is small but the quality is very good. I would definitely recommend and return for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service added to atmosphereEmilyDined on 5/27/2014Enthusiastic staff made great recommendations and took good care of our group. Food was all good, but some were definitely better than others. Those that impressed really blew us out of the water. Evening slightly marred by the market price of the lamp chop special (5 chops) being $62; I wish out waiter had disclosed to us earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great cocktailsPenguinDined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed the offerings here. The short ribs in particular were excellent. However, for the price the portions were small. The cocktails were fantastic -- thoughtful, well mixed, delicious. Again, though, the prices were too high.Special Features:
- Trendy saloon pulls it off in stylexmtlerVIPDined on 5/21/2014I was slightly hesitant to try WS for dinner but had been there twice for drinks and found the menu enticing. I was not disappointed. Their cocktails were delicious; as were their great wine offerings. The food was equally good: namely, the ceviche was well prepared and their (whole organic) glazed chicken (for two) was delicious. All of the staff (not just our great server) were friendly and attentive; even accommodating a seating request made via my on-line booking. Clearly this hip "saloon" is capitalizing on the young, King West scene but they pull it off in a rare moment of "not trying too hard" - i.e., their trendy vibe compliments but does not eclipse the fact that they are putting out great food. I would not hesitate returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeKnightonthetownDined on 5/17/2014The ambiance is a testament to manhood. The food is excellent. But above all else the service is superb. You have to try one of their excellent cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambiencefoodsoulDined on 5/15/2014The beef tartar, scotch egg and crispy hen is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Will definitely go back. Great cocktails knowledgeable server and interesting menu with lots of variety and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- took a fussy foodie friendsharingDined on 5/9/2014it was a success and that does not always happen and others have told me that the food is consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Food and service were excellent. Cutting board special was epic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!sweetshannyDined on 4/7/2014We were in town from Montreal visiting a friend. Knowing that Monday nights are quiet everywhere, we took the recommendation and went here. Best. Decision. Ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weslodge Monday is CarnivorevilleChowhoundgtaDined on 3/24/2014Went on a Monday and the new addition to the menu that one can only get on a Sunday or Monday was awesome. A rockstone platter of aged beef slices, fried chicken, pulled pork, buttermilk biscuits, ribs, with various mustards and spreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!noallylikemeDined on 3/3/2014This was my first visit to Weslodge and it was on a Monday. To be perfectly honest, I was expecting it to be a bit boring and the staff to be distracted/bored as well. I was in for a pleasant surprise as the staff were great - very friendly and attentive! The food was fantastic - my friend and I ordered a couple of small shares and one large share (under the advice of our server). The food was delicious, presented very well and delivered quite quickly. The atmosphere of the restaurant is really inviting & makes it easy to chat. I was also beyond surprised to find the place very lively for a Monday. By the time my friend & I left, the place was almost fully packed. A very cool place - I will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.