Werner's, The Culinary Experts Prime Steak and Seafood
16111 San Pedro
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Werner's, The Culinary Experts Prime Steak and Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wernersprime.com/
- Phone: 2104902295
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Celebrity Corporate Chef Nedra Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Cocktails, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chef Nedra 2104902295
A word from Werner's, The Culinary Experts Prime Steak and Seafood
We are a team of professionals, committed to exceeding our customer’s expectations, by investing in products and people that can fulfill the needs of those we serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Werner's, The Culinary Experts Prime Steak and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Everything we had was almost perfect, food and service are top notchSpecial Features:
- rivals best steak houses in townbillandsharonDined on 9/5/2014Don't let the store front low key location fool you. I was skeptical at first but from the greeting to the service to the food, I am in love with this place. The aged steak was to die for, the lobster was great, scallops were AMAZING, and the raw oysters were amazing as well. I can't wait to go back and try the osso buco. The chef was very friendly and seemed very happy to have us in her restaurant. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014We went on a Thursday night. We were the only table. Food was just ok. Not memorable. Ambiance is sorely lacking for a supposed high end restaurant. Wait person tried hard but she hasn't been trained properly for this level of dining. I had the brick duck (med. Rare). Cooked to right temp but hard to cut through the skin because it wasn't crispy enough. Bone-In leg portion was difficult to manage. Far too much view of the working areas of the kitchen.
- Worth a tryRyanDined on 8/30/2014Service was excellent-server and chef were both pleasant to talk to. Ambience was nice-was told they will expand as they bought the space next to them. My one recommendation would be to tint the front window/door or put up shades so customers aren't looking into back of Kennedy's pizza or parking lot. Food was very good. Started with the fried lobster stuffed wontons-highly recommend. The steak was good but didn't wow me. Had the filet ribeye-more like a ribeye but less fat. Next time I will go with the regular filet though as for the price I don't think the ribeye filet was worth it. Dessert was excellent and all are made tableside. Only issue was the price of the steaks-price is up there w/all the big steakhouses but should be lessSpecial Features:
- I'm never coming backfrequentdinerDined on 8/28/2014First problem was the prices. For a rating of $31-$50, most entree prices started just below $50 or above. A la carte. The menu presented in open table had no prices. Getting past the sticker shock, I decided to stay, and ordered the duck. I ordered it medium well, clarifying that I wanted it to be fully cooked. The salad I ordered was ok, nothing unusual or spectacular. And then came the duck. Could not cut it with a table knife. The skin was like a piece of rubber - unable to chew. When they brought a steak knife for me to cut the duck, red juices flowed. NOT cooked enough. And tough. And only slightly better when it came back from the kitchen. Picked at the duck, age the veggie, and left hungry. NOT COMING BACK.
- Great concept!renzoupsVIPDined on 8/21/2014The seafood had a very fresh taste to it! My steak was a nice size and prime cut. Highly recommend this restaurant because of the detail that goes into the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The BestFoodieDined on 8/15/2014Chef Nedra has brought another fine dining venue to San Antonio. From the moment you walk in the staff makes you feel welcome. The decor is upscale and warm. The service is impeccable and the food well it would take another article to write about it. Simply said it was the best. My family and I enjoyed the most wonderful steak that melted in my mouth. We will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentMissAngieLaVIPDined on 8/14/2014The inside is much smaller than the typical steakhouses out here and it feels a bit like being inside someone's living room that leads into a kitchen, but I think I like it. It was a little difficult to locate in the shopping center but I'm happy I was able to find it because the food was great and the staff was super friendly. I would say it's not good for large groups due to the size but it would be good for a fancy date night. I hope more people start going, I'd like for them to stay in buisness. Oh, make sure to try the Lobster Wontons!Special Features:
- pleasant surprisecavdocVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a friend in town who needed a restaurant near the airport. We saw this on opentable and gave it a try. The oysters Rockefeller were superb, seafoodsoup an ooutstanding chowder, Tuna steak and lamb chops superb. They are brand new and have a Chef's bar in the works, expansion and an improved winr, beer, and spirits selection coming. You will enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Werner's, The Culinary Experts Prime Steak and Seafood reviews archive.