14001 Main Market Road
Burton, OH 44021Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.welshfielddining.com/#home
- Phone: 4408340190
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Barker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Welshfield Inn
"Gracious country dining and spirits"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Welshfield Inn - Best Restaurants in Burton ›
Welshfield Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (91)special occasion (74)great for lunch (59)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (53)scenic view (49)good for groups (48)great for brunch (44)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- helenztVIPDined on 10/26/2014Excellent service late on a Sunday evening. Crab cakes and caprese salad were delicious; seared scallops were perfectly cooked and the risotto was rich and savory. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinefineDined on 10/25/2014We dined early evening and it was very quiet. We were seated in the garden room with beautiful views of the patio and beyond. Low ceilings did add to the noise level as the room filled up. The service was wonderful and the food very good. Selections were numerous and of great variety. Some dishes were excellent. The crab cake appetizer was delicious as well as the cedar plank salmon. Overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMurphyDined on 10/19/2014I've never had anything but a great meal at this restaurant. Love the chopped salad and the Mahi. Consistently delicious food.Special Features:
- sophisticatedinerDined on 10/17/2014Our server, Nikki was great and knowledgeable. Cocktails generous. Nice wine selection. Mackenzie salad very good. Perch cooked a bit too much. I assumed my smoked boneless pork would come in one piece, was disappointed that it was shredded. My fault for not asking. Taste was great. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014My friends enjoyed our dinner very much. The portions were adequate in size, almost too much for us to finish. We will definitely return to enjoy lunch or dinner . Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Reservations a must any day of the week. We were seated within one minute upon arrival with a Very nice table for two. Enjoyed a great dinner with excellent service. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Terrific (Again)Jim913Dined on 10/5/2014Once again we dined at the Welshfield Inn and once again we were treated to outstanding food and service. We will be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Food and service was excellent! The dining area facing the patio offered a beautiful view Sunday. As always the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJAM20Dined on 10/1/2014Had a great birthday dinner. I've driven past here countless times, but never eaten there until the other night. So glad I went there. The food was excellent. I would love to go back and try many other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4getmenotDined on 9/28/2014went for brunch...menu was very good. I could have selected several dishes. Went with pot roast hash with poached eggs. It was very tasty but could have been hotter. My son devoured his surf and turf benedict. There were too many bees on patio so moved indoors where people were complaining it was too cold (not for me) So they covered AC vents up which made it hot. (Probably should have moved those people to different dining area) Overall a pleasant experience and worth the drive to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularWelshfieldInnDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful place to have our second anniversary at. Great ambiance, great food no matter what you order.Special Features:
- Can't cook!goodfoodandservicepleaseDined on 9/25/2014Sent back one of the Thursday specials twice. First one was overlooked, second one raw. They were nice about it (although very slow). However, my party was finished with dinner and I was just sending back the second try.
- Lovely SettingMamajDined on 9/25/2014The Welshfield is a hidden gem in a rural area that has wonderful food, good service and a lovely setting. I eat there regularly even though it is almost an hour from my home. It is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/20/2014This clean and cozy Inn is worth the drive. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We appreciated the tips on what would be a good choice to eat. Several dining rooms and an outdoor area provide seating to suit any taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring ear plugsnice2bbackDined on 9/19/2014We had specifically asked for a quiet table for four to reconnect with old friends but literally had to shout to be heard. The server and bartender had never even heard of Maker's Mark 46. And to top it off, one member of the party was stung several times by a wasp while sitting at the table. Very, very disappointed.
- TastyDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dining at the Welshfield Inn. We live on the west side, but decided to try a new place. It was well worth the drive. My wife and I both had one of the steak specials, and we both thought they where great. My brother had the lobster mac and cheese and his wife had the pasta special. They also thought their meals where great. The service was also outstanding. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2014Even though we live more than 25 miles away, the drive is well worth it... for the fine food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- MoveChuckDined on 9/2/2014This is the forth or fifth time that we have been here. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Grilled FishChessiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Always enjoy the food and atmosphere here! Our server was delightful and friendly! I love the chopped salad and my Grilled Mahi Mahi was excellent. My husband had the Pot Roast and the meat was fork tender!Special Features:
- Nicest patio in Cleveland areaCleveDinerDined on 8/30/2014Always a pleasant visit whether inside or outdoors. Mostly comfort food. At lunch the sandwich, soup and salad trio is always good. Stay away from the bread basket--it's addictive with homemade rolls including their own cinnamon rolls.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysHappyDinerDined on 8/28/2014We love this place! Have to travel quite a ways to get here, but it's great for special occasions. Pricey, but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteUdonDined on 8/27/2014Our remotely located family members have been gathering for impromptu meals at Welshfield Inn for over a decade, and everytime we get together here, we remember why. The Food is good, the Service is attentive, and, more often than not, the combination of the 2 makes the gathering fun and memorable. Be sure to sample the "local" Amish food sources. Servings are just right, if not a little large, and generally, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond In the RoughOtherDenDined on 8/27/2014There is a gold mine near the corner of Routes 700 & 422 which makes up Welshfield, OH. Housed in an old historic home with a few separate dining rooms (eliminates the feel of a dining hall) all with a warm "homey" ambiance, an outdoor patio that overlooks gorgeous outdoor scenery, Welshfield Inn serves up excellent dinners with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/23/2014We had not been there since the new owners re-opened it. It is a half-way point between Youngstown and Westlake. We all enjoyed our meal and our server was amazing. The lobster mac & cheese was delicious, as well as the prime rib. The dessert selection was amazing and everyone enjoyed trying the different selections. The only downfall was that the ceiling in the large room leading to the patio has a low ceiling and when every table was seated, it got rather loud and made conversation more difficult.Special Features:
- "INSIDE OUT"remarkDined on 8/23/2014Due to unpredictable weather, we couldn't decide whether to sit inside in the Garden Room or outside on the Patio. So our hostess seated us at a table right next to the window looking out onto the Patio. We had the "best of both worlds"! A complimentary champagne drink was given to the anniversary couple and a dessert to the birthday friend. We had chicken piccata and prime rib. Everyone said his/her food was prepared as requested and was delicious. As we were saying our goodbyes on the front porch of the planation-like home, someone was heard to say "I feel like we are on vacation. We were only 30 minutes from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Welshfield Inn!Piqua41VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a quality, fun place. Tonight we had the prime rib special - too drawer - and $4.00 Long Island Iced Teas. Great and a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prime rib was the best ever!ClydeCobaltBlueDined on 8/22/2014Best service and meal! Prime Rib dinner was delicios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Welshfield Inn Never Fails ...Piqua41VIPDined on 8/21/2014... on any account! Atmosphere, food, drinks. It has it all! It's a well-run restaurant with panache, Thursday night specials that continue to best anything in several counties, plus a guitarist tonight! Wrap it all up in a historic inn setting and it's a five-star destination. The special I refer to is an appetizer, two entrees and a bottle of wine for $40. Beat that price anywhere! We love the Welshfield Inn (and you can tell!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotunhappyDined on 8/21/2014They have a beautiful patio, but it was not open because of bugs? They should figure out how to correct that, or make sure that you know it is not open. That is why we went there. Also they were out of one of the few items on their Thursday special menu.Special Features:
- There is not one vegetarian entree!greatDined on 8/20/2014My mother-in-law loves to meet at this Inn and it is a lovely spot. But I am a vegetarian who does not eat fish and there is not ONE vegetarian entree choice on the menu. I usually order an appetizer and a side dish and it works, but it is not great. I hope they will think of something tasty that is vegetarian and add it to the menu. Ideally it would not be pasta with vegetables, which seems to be what restaurants that are just trying to check the vegetarian box put on their menu.Special Features:
- great placedaveDined on 8/20/2014good food, staff and patio are excellent. we enjoy this restaurant even though its over 1/2 hour drive for us. keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysSamGeraceDined on 8/19/2014Great food and attentive service that's what keeps us coming back to the Welshfield Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SRLSRVIPDined on 8/19/2014We visit here several times a year and always like the food, service, and friendly atmosphere. Weekly specials are a good bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKGinClevelandDined on 8/10/2014Terrific tilapia, hearty burger, and a flavorful salad. Only thumbs down was for the perch - more breading than fish. Had a perfect evening for enjoying patio. Service very good and server very knowledgeable about the dishes and how they're prepared. Side choices plentiful and never a problem to substitute one side for another with your meal. Noise level was quiet but we were on patio. We always find the noise level inside to be a bit high but that doesn't keep us from coming back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014This was my first time here and I loved it!! The food was amazing (those rolls were fabulous) and the atmosphere was great!! We sat inside but I'd like to come back and sit on the patio! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchkeepingitrealDined on 8/10/2014Love the stuffed French toast; however, if you don't request it to be warm, it will be very cool, I presume from the amount of whipped cream and cold fruit inside. Taste is good, but I'm having them leave the whipped cream to the side next time.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!janetgVIPDined on 8/9/2014We probably go to the Welshfield Inn at least one a month. On the weekends they have excellent prime rib. Monday night is $5 burger night. The burger is huge and delicious. Have been there numerous times for brunch and the eggs benedict are delicious. Great place!Special Features:
- emeryjamesDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoy dining here and it is top notch from beginning to end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penmans from Hubbard, OhioThediningduoDined on 8/4/2014Our meal was excellent! The salad was cold and crisp, as well as not being the run of the mill salad. Our meal came out hot and our desert was sooo good. The waitress was very friendly and made sure she checked back with us. Our dining experience was very pleasant and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME as ALWAYS~Hez44234Dined on 8/3/2014We had a second Sunday brunch in a row! This time we brought some friends with us and it was great to see what multiple entrees looked like. Everything was superb and the service is fantastic!Special Features: