14001 Main Market Road
Burton, OH 44021Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.welshfielddining.com/#home
- Phone: (440) 834-0190
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Barker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Welshfield Inn
"Gracious country dining and spirits"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Welshfield Inn - Best Restaurants in Burton ›
Welshfield Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (67)special occasion (66)great for lunch (50)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (41)scenic view (36)great for brunch (35)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sunday evening dinnerBearDined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed a nice quiet, comfortable Sunday evening dinner. There were three of us catching up on what had been going on in our lives and the dining room was quiet so we could actually hear each other. Food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSRLSRVIPDined on 11/16/2014Always very good, consistent food and service. Weekly specials are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I highly recommend WelshfieldLindaDined on 11/15/2014Welshfield is a beautiful restaurant with delicious food including creative seasonal dishes and excellent service. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm on a cold nightKristenVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a very good meal at the Welshfield last Saturday. Excellent risotto and fish, coupled with comfort gems like steak and stroganoff. Watched the fire dance in the stone fireplace, and had a wonderful evening with great conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. & Mrs.NellDined on 11/15/2014Very enjoyable evening. Our waitress, Tiffany, was lovely and very efficient; although, it was surprising that she didn't ask if anyone wanted water served; especially, the coffee drinkers. The Prime Rib had a lot of fatty areas; and the Serrated blade of the knife tore the meat, instead of being able to cut off pieces of the meat, as desired. The Gingerbread dessert was not as expected, to be more cake-like, rather than a heavy-type, dryer consistency. Our guest, who ordered it, could only eat a portion of her dessert, stating that it was not very tasty. The Salmon was EXCELLENT. The Kale mixture served with it was delicious; however, it was hard to eat, due to the long tems left on the leaves. One of our guest chose the Rib-Eye Steak, I believe; and there were no comments made. Thank you. We would come again; and be sure to let the server know if we, or our guests, have any real issues. No need to publish this review. Comments preferred for restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchMaydineagainDined on 11/9/2014Our group enjoyed a varied menu and great service. We had an unhurried lunch and visit. Chelsie M. took care of our group and helped to make it a special day. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusketmanDined on 11/4/2014My brother and I went here for a quite evening meal. We were very satisfited with the food and the service. We both had enough food and enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We had brunch this past Sunday with first cousins, we are in our 70's and we found it very fine for the occasion. We were there for two hours because we rarely see each other and did not feel rushed. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resrvations mean nothing!GerryDined on 11/1/2014Arriving 5 minutes early for our Open Table Reservation, we were told there would be a 45 minute wait for our table. Why make reservations at all if you are only asked to wait when you arrive? This particular evening we were with others and we chose to leave the inn, go home and order pizza. Sure we had to wait for it, but we did not have to deal with additional bar charges. We were very disappointed and hope Open Table has an influence to change this behavior.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Great food and great service at reasonable prices. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Trusted and TrueGregDined on 10/30/2014Welshfield under the current management has maintained both a high level of food quality and consistency. Over the last several years it has been to go place for either an early or late dinner. Service and friendliness is a tradition at Welshfield. When the weather is good, excellent outside dinning.Special Features:
- The Welshfield experience.TR137Dined on 10/30/2014Visited out go-to restaurant again! As always great food and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatMenumavenVIPDined on 10/29/2014Pretty standard stuff and, for us at least, quite a long way to drive. Would prefer their other operations at Gamekeepers in Chagrin or Bass Lake Tavern in Chardon. Service was quite good. Nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- helenztVIPDined on 10/26/2014Excellent service late on a Sunday evening. Crab cakes and caprese salad were delicious; seared scallops were perfectly cooked and the risotto was rich and savory. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinefineDined on 10/25/2014We dined early evening and it was very quiet. We were seated in the garden room with beautiful views of the patio and beyond. Low ceilings did add to the noise level as the room filled up. The service was wonderful and the food very good. Selections were numerous and of great variety. Some dishes were excellent. The crab cake appetizer was delicious as well as the cedar plank salmon. Overall a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMurphyDined on 10/19/2014I've never had anything but a great meal at this restaurant. Love the chopped salad and the Mahi. Consistently delicious food.Special Features:
- sophisticatedinerDined on 10/17/2014Our server, Nikki was great and knowledgeable. Cocktails generous. Nice wine selection. Mackenzie salad very good. Perch cooked a bit too much. I assumed my smoked boneless pork would come in one piece, was disappointed that it was shredded. My fault for not asking. Taste was great. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014My friends enjoyed our dinner very much. The portions were adequate in size, almost too much for us to finish. We will definitely return to enjoy lunch or dinner . Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Reservations a must any day of the week. We were seated within one minute upon arrival with a Very nice table for two. Enjoyed a great dinner with excellent service. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Terrific (Again)Jim913Dined on 10/5/2014Once again we dined at the Welshfield Inn and once again we were treated to outstanding food and service. We will be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Food and service was excellent! The dining area facing the patio offered a beautiful view Sunday. As always the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJAM20Dined on 10/1/2014Had a great birthday dinner. I've driven past here countless times, but never eaten there until the other night. So glad I went there. The food was excellent. I would love to go back and try many other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4getmenotDined on 9/28/2014went for brunch...menu was very good. I could have selected several dishes. Went with pot roast hash with poached eggs. It was very tasty but could have been hotter. My son devoured his surf and turf benedict. There were too many bees on patio so moved indoors where people were complaining it was too cold (not for me) So they covered AC vents up which made it hot. (Probably should have moved those people to different dining area) Overall a pleasant experience and worth the drive to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularWelshfieldInnDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful place to have our second anniversary at. Great ambiance, great food no matter what you order.Special Features:
- Can't cook!goodfoodandservicepleaseDined on 9/25/2014Sent back one of the Thursday specials twice. First one was overlooked, second one raw. They were nice about it (although very slow). However, my party was finished with dinner and I was just sending back the second try.
- Lovely SettingMamajDined on 9/25/2014The Welshfield is a hidden gem in a rural area that has wonderful food, good service and a lovely setting. I eat there regularly even though it is almost an hour from my home. It is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/20/2014This clean and cozy Inn is worth the drive. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We appreciated the tips on what would be a good choice to eat. Several dining rooms and an outdoor area provide seating to suit any taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring ear plugsnice2bbackDined on 9/19/2014We had specifically asked for a quiet table for four to reconnect with old friends but literally had to shout to be heard. The server and bartender had never even heard of Maker's Mark 46. And to top it off, one member of the party was stung several times by a wasp while sitting at the table. Very, very disappointed.
- TastyDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time dining at the Welshfield Inn. We live on the west side, but decided to try a new place. It was well worth the drive. My wife and I both had one of the steak specials, and we both thought they where great. My brother had the lobster mac and cheese and his wife had the pasta special. They also thought their meals where great. The service was also outstanding. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2014Even though we live more than 25 miles away, the drive is well worth it... for the fine food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- MoveChuckDined on 9/2/2014This is the forth or fifth time that we have been here. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Grilled FishChessiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Always enjoy the food and atmosphere here! Our server was delightful and friendly! I love the chopped salad and my Grilled Mahi Mahi was excellent. My husband had the Pot Roast and the meat was fork tender!Special Features:
- Nicest patio in Cleveland areaCleveDinerDined on 8/30/2014Always a pleasant visit whether inside or outdoors. Mostly comfort food. At lunch the sandwich, soup and salad trio is always good. Stay away from the bread basket--it's addictive with homemade rolls including their own cinnamon rolls.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysHappyDinerDined on 8/28/2014We love this place! Have to travel quite a ways to get here, but it's great for special occasions. Pricey, but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteUdonDined on 8/27/2014Our remotely located family members have been gathering for impromptu meals at Welshfield Inn for over a decade, and everytime we get together here, we remember why. The Food is good, the Service is attentive, and, more often than not, the combination of the 2 makes the gathering fun and memorable. Be sure to sample the "local" Amish food sources. Servings are just right, if not a little large, and generally, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond In the RoughOtherDenDined on 8/27/2014There is a gold mine near the corner of Routes 700 & 422 which makes up Welshfield, OH. Housed in an old historic home with a few separate dining rooms (eliminates the feel of a dining hall) all with a warm "homey" ambiance, an outdoor patio that overlooks gorgeous outdoor scenery, Welshfield Inn serves up excellent dinners with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/23/2014We had not been there since the new owners re-opened it. It is a half-way point between Youngstown and Westlake. We all enjoyed our meal and our server was amazing. The lobster mac & cheese was delicious, as well as the prime rib. The dessert selection was amazing and everyone enjoyed trying the different selections. The only downfall was that the ceiling in the large room leading to the patio has a low ceiling and when every table was seated, it got rather loud and made conversation more difficult.Special Features:
- "INSIDE OUT"remarkDined on 8/23/2014Due to unpredictable weather, we couldn't decide whether to sit inside in the Garden Room or outside on the Patio. So our hostess seated us at a table right next to the window looking out onto the Patio. We had the "best of both worlds"! A complimentary champagne drink was given to the anniversary couple and a dessert to the birthday friend. We had chicken piccata and prime rib. Everyone said his/her food was prepared as requested and was delicious. As we were saying our goodbyes on the front porch of the planation-like home, someone was heard to say "I feel like we are on vacation. We were only 30 minutes from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Welshfield Inn!Piqua41VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a quality, fun place. Tonight we had the prime rib special - too drawer - and $4.00 Long Island Iced Teas. Great and a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prime rib was the best ever!ClydeCobaltBlueDined on 8/22/2014Best service and meal! Prime Rib dinner was delicios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.