14001 Main Market Road
Burton, OH 44021Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.welshfielddining.com/#home
- Phone: 4408340190
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nate Barker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Welshfield Inn
"Gracious country dining and spirits"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Welshfield Inn - Best Restaurants in Burton ›
Welshfield Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (99)special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (61)scenic view (59)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (51)romantic (50)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Delicious Grilled FishChessiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Always enjoy the food and atmosphere here! Our server was delightful and friendly! I love the chopped salad and my Grilled Mahi Mahi was excellent. My husband had the Pot Roast and the meat was fork tender!Special Features:
- Nicest patio in Cleveland areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Always a pleasant visit whether inside or outdoors. Mostly comfort food. At lunch the sandwich, soup and salad trio is always good. Stay away from the bread basket--it's addictive with homemade rolls including their own cinnamon rolls.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysHappyDinerDined on 8/28/2014We love this place! Have to travel quite a ways to get here, but it's great for special occasions. Pricey, but the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Family FavoriteUdonDined on 8/27/2014Our remotely located family members have been gathering for impromptu meals at Welshfield Inn for over a decade, and everytime we get together here, we remember why. The Food is good, the Service is attentive, and, more often than not, the combination of the 2 makes the gathering fun and memorable. Be sure to sample the "local" Amish food sources. Servings are just right, if not a little large, and generally, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond In the RoughOtherDenDined on 8/27/2014There is a gold mine near the corner of Routes 700 & 422 which makes up Welshfield, OH. Housed in an old historic home with a few separate dining rooms (eliminates the feel of a dining hall) all with a warm "homey" ambiance, an outdoor patio that overlooks gorgeous outdoor scenery, Welshfield Inn serves up excellent dinners with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/23/2014We had not been there since the new owners re-opened it. It is a half-way point between Youngstown and Westlake. We all enjoyed our meal and our server was amazing. The lobster mac & cheese was delicious, as well as the prime rib. The dessert selection was amazing and everyone enjoyed trying the different selections. The only downfall was that the ceiling in the large room leading to the patio has a low ceiling and when every table was seated, it got rather loud and made conversation more difficult.Special Features:
- "INSIDE OUT"remarkDined on 8/23/2014Due to unpredictable weather, we couldn't decide whether to sit inside in the Garden Room or outside on the Patio. So our hostess seated us at a table right next to the window looking out onto the Patio. We had the "best of both worlds"! A complimentary champagne drink was given to the anniversary couple and a dessert to the birthday friend. We had chicken piccata and prime rib. Everyone said his/her food was prepared as requested and was delicious. As we were saying our goodbyes on the front porch of the planation-like home, someone was heard to say "I feel like we are on vacation. We were only 30 minutes from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Welshfield Inn!Piqua41VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a quality, fun place. Tonight we had the prime rib special - too drawer - and $4.00 Long Island Iced Teas. Great and a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prime rib was the best ever!ClydeCobaltBlueDined on 8/22/2014Best service and meal! Prime Rib dinner was delicios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Welshfield Inn Never Fails ...Piqua41VIPDined on 8/21/2014... on any account! Atmosphere, food, drinks. It has it all! It's a well-run restaurant with panache, Thursday night specials that continue to best anything in several counties, plus a guitarist tonight! Wrap it all up in a historic inn setting and it's a five-star destination. The special I refer to is an appetizer, two entrees and a bottle of wine for $40. Beat that price anywhere! We love the Welshfield Inn (and you can tell!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotunhappyDined on 8/21/2014They have a beautiful patio, but it was not open because of bugs? They should figure out how to correct that, or make sure that you know it is not open. That is why we went there. Also they were out of one of the few items on their Thursday special menu.Special Features:
- There is not one vegetarian entree!greatDined on 8/20/2014My mother-in-law loves to meet at this Inn and it is a lovely spot. But I am a vegetarian who does not eat fish and there is not ONE vegetarian entree choice on the menu. I usually order an appetizer and a side dish and it works, but it is not great. I hope they will think of something tasty that is vegetarian and add it to the menu. Ideally it would not be pasta with vegetables, which seems to be what restaurants that are just trying to check the vegetarian box put on their menu.Special Features:
- great placedaveDined on 8/20/2014good food, staff and patio are excellent. we enjoy this restaurant even though its over 1/2 hour drive for us. keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysSamGeraceDined on 8/19/2014Great food and attentive service that's what keeps us coming back to the Welshfield Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SRLSRVIPDined on 8/19/2014We visit here several times a year and always like the food, service, and friendly atmosphere. Weekly specials are a good bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceKGinClevelandDined on 8/10/2014Terrific tilapia, hearty burger, and a flavorful salad. Only thumbs down was for the perch - more breading than fish. Had a perfect evening for enjoying patio. Service very good and server very knowledgeable about the dishes and how they're prepared. Side choices plentiful and never a problem to substitute one side for another with your meal. Noise level was quiet but we were on patio. We always find the noise level inside to be a bit high but that doesn't keep us from coming back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!FoodLoverDined on 8/10/2014This was my first time here and I loved it!! The food was amazing (those rolls were fabulous) and the atmosphere was great!! We sat inside but I'd like to come back and sit on the patio! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchkeepingitrealDined on 8/10/2014Love the stuffed French toast; however, if you don't request it to be warm, it will be very cool, I presume from the amount of whipped cream and cold fruit inside. Taste is good, but I'm having them leave the whipped cream to the side next time.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!janetgVIPDined on 8/9/2014We probably go to the Welshfield Inn at least one a month. On the weekends they have excellent prime rib. Monday night is $5 burger night. The burger is huge and delicious. Have been there numerous times for brunch and the eggs benedict are delicious. Great place!Special Features:
- emeryjamesDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoy dining here and it is top notch from beginning to end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penmans from Hubbard, OhioThediningduoDined on 8/4/2014Our meal was excellent! The salad was cold and crisp, as well as not being the run of the mill salad. Our meal came out hot and our desert was sooo good. The waitress was very friendly and made sure she checked back with us. Our dining experience was very pleasant and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME as ALWAYS~Hez44234Dined on 8/3/2014We had a second Sunday brunch in a row! This time we brought some friends with us and it was great to see what multiple entrees looked like. Everything was superb and the service is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJim913Dined on 8/2/2014As usual, both the food and service were outstanding. All of the staff are very accomodating and interested in the patrons having a good experience. This is one of our favorite places to dine. We drive over 40 miles to get to this restaurant and it is always well worth the drive. Have been there quite a few times and plan to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningCousinsnightoutDined on 7/31/2014It was a lovely evening out on the patio. Beautiful weather & setting. The Thursday special menu included a nice variety. The food was great. The service was excellent. The acoustical guitar music was relaxing. It was very convenient making the reservation online. Looking forward to our next evening at the Welshfield Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014We took our 18 year old son here for his birthday. My boys had the filet, my wife had the chicken pot pie and I had the pot roast. Everything was delicious. This is the second time we have eaten here and it was as good as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 for $40towenmiDined on 7/31/2014Once again, we had a terrific experience at Welshfield on a Thursday for the 2 for $40 dinner. We started with tasty bruschetta with our Cabernet wine and our evening was off to a great start. Of course, the warm cinnamon rolls are always mouth-watering and yummy. Our entrees were hot and tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. (Liz was our server and she was attentive and pleasant.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TigerEyesDined on 7/28/2014Had the opportunity to reunite with a dear friend and former roommate from our Chicago days...she now lives in Brooklyn, NYC--so was trying to think of somewhere local that was really great for our far too short celebration! Had heard wonderful things about the Welshfield Inn, and decided to give it a try! She LOVED it! And so did I! Our waitress was warm, sweet, and helpful. And $5 burger Monday?! Who could ask for more! My friend later said to me, "I don't know what they did to those burgers--if they put a stick of butter on them or what!" So yes, the burgers did not disappoint! Neither did the fries or the pickles...or the glasses of Moscato we enjoyed for dessert!Special Features:
- Just keep going backMamajDined on 7/27/2014We have dined at the Welshfield several times and plan to go back many more times. The menu is interesting. The food is delicious. The service is great. The outdoor dining area is beautiful. We are never disappointed and would highly recommend it to couples, families and groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!Hez44234Dined on 7/27/2014My husband and I have eaten at the Welshfield several times for various meals. There is never a bad meal here, but brunch on the porch is our favorite. It is delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for first dateWelshfieldInnDined on 7/25/2014I loved the relaxed feel of this place – fabulous, scenic, very romantic setting from the front door to the patio. Great and friendly service. Fabulous and affordable dishes. Exceptional and unique specials. Serving staff and kitchen paid special attention to preparing dishes as requsted. Service was a bit fast, but well timed. Wines were affordable.Special Features:
- SRLSRVIPDined on 7/24/2014Very good in all respects - will return. We all enjoyed the daily specials on Thursday.Special Features:
- Yum!SlurpDined on 7/24/2014Delightful summer evening dinner with auntie. Had our choice of inside or patio dining. Our waiter was available to us, but not hovering. And the food... oh yeah!! Lobster risotto, sea scallops, and their Thursday 2 for $40 special that included one app, 2 dinners, and a whole bottle of wine! Great food, great atmosphere, attentive service, comfortable and enjoyable. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurantlove2dineDined on 7/19/2014Love the atmosphere, great tasting food, excellent presentation of food, wonderful service. Patio dining is very relaxing. Inside may be a little loud with echoing in some rooms. Overall experience was outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect DinnerbambiDined on 7/13/2014We had dinner in the wonderful patio with a perfect weather, great service and food. Luckily we finished before it got dark and before the mosqitoes would come. But there were candles with citro lights.Special Features:
- FoodFamilyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great food. Great service. Always consistent. The management....outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the countryDavidDined on 7/13/2014Worth the drive for some old-style country dining. The menu has old classics that you might expect in a family diner, but they all are modernized, making the experience a lot more fun.Special Features:
- FoodaddictDined on 7/13/2014We love coming here, and have introduced many friends already. The stuffed french toast and eggs Benedict are excellent !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Love the patio-other than getting very buggy later into our meal(not the restaraunts' fault)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBobbyHDined on 7/9/2014Met friends there for lunch and had a grand meal and a wonderful time together. The Chicken pot pie was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer eve diningGem2DineDined on 7/6/2014Six of us dined together on the outdoor patio. The weather, the food, the wine and the company was perfect. But the best part of the experience was our waitress Liz....she was not only attentive, but fun and personable. She is a gem!Special Features: