Wellington's Steakhouse at Rising Star Casino Resort
777 Rising Star Drive
Rising Sun, IN 47040Neighborhood:
Rising Sun, IN
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Wellington's Steakhouse at Rising Star Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.risingstarcasino.com/
- Phone: 8124381234x5150
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Monday - Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Basil
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Private Party Facilities: If you have a party of 15 to 20 people please contact the Steakhouse Manager for availability.
- Private Party Contact: Wayne House 8124381234x5102
- Entertainment: There is live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night in Big Vic's Pub & Grub adjacent to Wellington's.
- Special Events: Come in and try some exciting new dishes we have added to our existing exquisite menu! We are now offering a decadent Creme Brulee carmelized and served table side. Taking things up a notch!!!
A word from Wellington's Steakhouse at Rising Star Casino Resort
Wellington's Steakhouse is the "best kept secret" in Southeastern Indiana. From the impeccable service to our diverse menu we will offer you a fantastic dining experience. We serve everything from a 24oz. Porterhouse Steak to Berkshire Kurobuta Pork Chop. After dinner live gaming action is right around the corner whether you enjoy slots, tables or live poker. This will be more than just a dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wellington's Steakhouse at Rising Star Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- usually very goodRobinDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Wellington's many time but have not seen in some and was not very impressed as we have been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkschoenmanDined on 8/22/2014We love having dinner at Wellington's, food is always perfect. The only complaint we have for this visit was the music. It was so loud, distracting from our conversation. We felt like we had to eat fast. Just not the type of music you would expect in a setting like Wellington's. We were talking about it and remembering when they would play more our "type" of music--- Frank Sinatra. Slower and better suited to the restaurant.
- GreattimeDined on 8/8/2014The night was a great dining experience. With great food a d service highly recommend this to anyone looking for great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for our 25th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We drove 350 miles to have our anniversary dinner at Wellington's. This was about our 7th visit. We went because it is consistently wonderful. We knew we could stay at the hotel, have a drink and some wine, marvelous food, fantastic service and walk back to our room, with the left bottle of leftover wine and have a fridge to put it in. The wait staff was marvelous - been there since the restaurant opened over 14 years ago. With our creme brule for desert (which was flamed at the table)- we got an extra dish with fruit, whipping cream and a little candle. Oh - we had prime rib and lobster and they brought the caesar salad on two plates because we said we were sharing - didn't even need to ask. Perfect - 25th celebration.Special Features:
- Again, What a Great DinnerCHILLYWILLYDined on 7/12/2014Another Awesome Dinner on my 9th Anniversary. The Service was Fantastic. I will be back, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tables by kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Been there 3 or 4 times with reservations and always seem to get the same table by kitchen entrance. Gets annoying after awhile with servers announcing "coming in"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheSchibDined on 5/31/2014The food was excellant and the waitress (Brittany) was great, could not ask for better service.Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Wellington's Steakhouse at Rising Star Casino Resort reviews archive.
- PoorMeatDined on 4/25/2014Our server Nikki was excellent. The food left a lot to be desired. The ribeye tasted like it went from the freezer to the grill. The fat was still hard and didn't melt into the meat leaving the steak in a rubbery steak. I could have don't better with a grocery cut and a pan on my stove. The pasta (Alfredo) was just buttered noodles with no cream. Better experience with a bag of Lipton in a dorm room microwave. This place used to be good, and despite the name there as no Wellingtons on the menu anymore, which used to be a great dish there.
- What a findPAULVIPDined on 4/24/2014The filet was excellent and the lobster tail was the best I had ever eaten. That is all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the steakboomonsterDined on 4/12/2014The food was wonderful . I had the filet and my husband had the scallops. No complaints at all about the food. Service was slow but they were crowded and I believe there was only 2 servers. The restaurant is small and somewhat cramped depending where you are sat. We were at a 2 seat table with tables on either side so you could basically hear everyones conversation. I feel it was lit very brightly . I prefer it a little more intimate . The plus was my husband didn't have to use his phone to read the menu. I would definatley come back for the food though. That was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODCHILLYWILLYDined on 3/20/2014I WILL BE BACK....Always awesome food and service. My goto fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs HELPnotagainDined on 3/15/2014Very disappointed in the food. The pork chops for 48.00 are overpriced,overcooked, no flavor and dry. They took them off the bill. The baby asparagus was just steamed, no seasoning or flavor and was the largest I have seen in a long time. It was far from baby. My wife got the mushroom side dish which also had no seasoning. They were just plain cooked mushrooms.My bone in ribeye was just OK. They served me a Jim Beam and coke in a parfait glass because they ran out of normal glasses. The restaurant was mostly empty and now I know why. Won't go back!
- You Will Go BackCHILLYWILLYDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant is a hiding gem within the casino. I myself have taken family members to this place when they come into town, and always asking to go back there when they come back into town. The food is amazing, and the service is wonderful. you will not be disappointed. It's a must...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little steakhouseWordmanDined on 1/19/2014We had dinner for 4 on a Sunday evening. The food was outstanding -- I had prime rib (cooked just the way I liked it), my wife had fettuccine, our friends had sea bass and scallops. We all raved about the food. Out waitress was outstanding. Always there when we needed something, but not too much. The restaurant is on the pricey side, but not as much as competitive steakhouses in Cincinnati. All in all, it was a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013The prime rib had a lot of fat in it, not much meat. Chicken and spinach with feta cheese did not have a lot of flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2013The food was great and the service was also great. We have eaten there on other occassions and it is always a nice dinner and nice place to celebrate my birthday this week. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySkschoenmanDined on 10/4/2013We made reservations for dinner, upon arriving we told them it was our anniversary, they took our picture, put in a frame and brought to our table, the service was wonderful, they gave us a free dessert for our special day! It was a wonderful meal and the staff was so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought my steak could ofIufanDined on 9/20/2013I thought my steak could of been better for the price. Seemed like it was a little over done and kinda burnt.Special Features:
- Great menu diversity.........allNicosMamaDined on 8/30/2013Great menu diversity.........all steaks are wonderful and the seafood is excellent. The crab legs come out wrapped in leaves that resemble an ear of corn--great presentation. There's quite of variety of special mixed drinks that will appeal to everyone. Have dined there many times and will continue to do so. The manager was new and came over to introduce himself.......and later checked up on us to make sure everything was to our liking. Don't miss eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013My husband and I love eating at Wellington's inside Rising Star Casino. The atmosphere is quiet and romantic. The steaks are wonderful and the service is excellent. When our room has a refrigerator we take dessert back for later. My husband is not a cheesecake fan but he really likes theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013Kind of a last minute decision on the weekend of 7-19-13. Made reservations through Open Table which was also a good experience. Staff at Wellington's is always friendly and provide good service. Food was excellent as usual. Over 20 or so meals at Wellington's over the years, I can only recall a couple of mediocre dishes and they were both sides--ordering caprese salad when tomatoes are not locally in season and asparagus that was a little undercooked and woody. Steaks, other entrees, French onion soup, and crabcakes have always been excellent. Nice quiet environment for a romantic or relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2013waiter was young and didn't know menu or wine list. Think they should be more informed. Mushrooms were also burnt. Beef Wellington best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2013We truly enjoyed our dining experience and the food preperation exceeds are expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was amazingluvgoodfoodDined on 5/12/2013I had the filet, and it was melt in your mouth good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was truly a special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013It was truly a special evening for us. The food was out of this world as was the hospitality. We were made to feel very comfortable on our first visit.Special Features:
- Our meal was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Our meal was delicious. The steaks were done just right. I would recommend eating at your restaurant. Our waiter was great. He fixed our desserts to go back to our room for later. He was very helpful. We hope to come back and eat there again.Special Features:
- Always a superb experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013As always the food was more than we could eat and was superb. I always enjoy my dining experience at Wellington's. I enjoyed the complimentary meal and always enjoy a trip to Rising Star and Welliington's.Special Features:
- Do Not Order the Surf & Turf!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013We chose to celebrate my husband's birthday @ Wellington's. A total of 6 of us had dinner. We all left really disappointed with Wellington's.1 of our friends ordered the Surf & Turf. To add the king crab was $55.00. When the Surf & Turf was delivered, we were all shocked. The serving was tiny. The waitress wanted nothing to do with us once we complained, even literally "huffing" off when we asked for the mgr.The mgr came out to say this is what we price it @. No apologies. Simply this is market price. We asked if she could say something to the chef and then she never came back again.Market price for king crab is $35.00 a lb. We had less than a 1/4 lb for $55.00,We will never be back again. I'd rate this restaurant
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The food was very good and the service was outstanding !Special Features:
- Food was okay. Seemed a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Food was okay. Seemed a little overpriced. Service good but young servers with little experience.Special Features:
- Great food diminshed by serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Food was excellent. Waitress was not as attentive as she should have been. At these prices, I expect all of my needs met. My water glass should never be empty, If my drink is low I should be asked if I would like another (I was drinking wine by the glass and I was not asked if I wanted a second glass through the entire meal.) The waitress did not check to see if our food was acceptable until we were well past the halfway point of the meal. I generously marked good above only because she was polite when she did come to the table. I would say more than anything she lacked enthusiasm. If you are getting tips from customers spending this much money for a meal, I am assuming tips are pretty good. (She received approximately 20% from us)Special Features:
- Very Good Steak and SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013Overall, a very good experience. We dined early, so it was quiet with several other tables occupied, but all spaced apart from each other. I had noted that my wife gets chilled easily and she was happily very warm as we were seated in front of the fireplace. Our meal, main dishes and sides were served HOT, which added to the experience. My wife loved her filet and I found my salmon perfectly cooked. There were two kinds of rolls served, which was perfect for us, as I preferred one and my wife the other. My wife enjoyed a martini, and I a draft beer. Service was rated "good" because our waiter was inexperienced, but all our needs were met without issue.Special Features:
- The service was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013The service was great but I had salmon and it was very fishy, my siter order a filet that arrived over cooked, she sent it back and the next one was under cooked. veggies were great along with the bread. 6 people in our party all said the food was OK.
- This was an exceptional meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012This was an exceptional meal! The only reason I rated the food Very Good instead of Excellant is my potato was not hot. I had the filet and my husband the strip. They were the best tasting steaks ever!! We are meat eaters, we have eaten at some of the best steak houses around. Living in the Dayton area we are close to the Pine Club where the President Bush wanted to go and these steaks were as good. I should have sent back my potato, my bad. Keep up the good work! D. HeltonSpecial Features:
- THIS IS A MUST!!!!!CHILLYWILLYDined on 12/8/2012We have visited Wellington's Steakhouse a long time ago, and from what i remembered it was Great, but this time was Amazing, their staff was Awesome. I was watching the other waiters, not just mine, they all seemed to be pleased with their jobs. This was another great experience. Great place for a date night. Food was prepared PERFECT, wine list did not lack. You won't be disappointed. Wellington's Steakhouse IS A MUST!!!!!!Special Features:
- Our Filet's were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Our Filet's were excellent. server, great. Our 50th Anniversary dinner was excellent, we will be back.Special Features:
- Everyone was so nice and accommodatSCopraDined on 9/8/2012Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Perfect place for a special occassion!Special Features:
- The best part about our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2012The best part about our visit to Wellington's was the manager was kind enough to take one of the burned steaks off our bill. We had to send it back twice. The waiter was very nice, but had NO knowledge of the bar or menu. Save your money and drive to Jeff Ruby's or Final Cut if you want a steakhouse at a casino.
- Prime rib had to be sent backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Prime rib had to be sent back to be put on the grill. Good, needs addtl flavor rub. Salad & veggies were very good. Breads are very good. Server assistant needs addtl training so that he knows NOT to reach across the table to pour water, etc. Jeff Ruby pricing .... but not up to JR standards.Special Features:
- We loved our dinner at Wellington'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We loved our dinner at Wellington's and our server Cara was the best!Special Features: