1216 W. State of Franklin
Johnson City, TN 37604Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wellingtonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4239796401x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Heather Ricker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Wellington's Restaurant
Wellington's Restaurant is "the dining experience" in Johnson City Tennessee, and will quickly become a favorite to those who desire an exquisite culinary experience in a relaxing setting. With focus on exceptional service and style, Wellington's menu features a Southern American Cuisine, created by their Executive Chef, Heather Ricker. Filled with antique structures, encompassed by warm mahogany and cherry woods, the grand dining room combines a warm, intimate atmosphere with an unforgettable array of tantalizing treats. One antique structure you won't want to miss is the antique bar salvaged from an old bar in Chicago, but Wellington's antique bar is serving up more than just history. Featuring Johnson City's most comprehensive selection of top quality bourbons and whiskeys, as well as an assortment of wines, and spirits for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Wellington's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Johnson City ›
Wellington's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- not worth the moneyfoodieDined on 10/20/2014I decided on Wellington after reading reviews. I was traveling from out of town and was prepared for a decent meal...boy was I disappointed! I got three appetizers instead of an entree and all the were bland and not tasty. Chicken livers that were overcooked, fried green tomatoes had NO FLAVOR, and grit fritters were just bland and plain...I'd skip it all together.
- Our second visit to the hotelTannecDined on 9/1/2014Robin, Stacy and Michael made our restaurant visits fun and they took great care of us. Nothing like East Tennessee hospitality. A dear older lady whom we met on our April trip came to dinner with us and enjoyed it immensely. Robin and Stacy are a great team and want to provide great service. Any time we're in East Tennessee, we'll be at the Carnegie and the Wellington!Special Features:
- Perfect for that Special DinnertndinerDined on 8/2/2014We chose Wellington's to celebrate our 48th anniversary on Aug. 2 and it was wonderful. The staff was attentive but not oppressive; our table was secluded and quiet, and the meal was delicious. Wellington's has become our anniversary dinner choice and we haven't been decided. When I made the reservation and mentioned that it was our anniversary, we arrived to find rose petals scattered all over our table, a beautiful touch by the restaurant. Wellington's is truly a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doingbizinjcDined on 7/29/2014Great place for business meeting luncheons. Good atmosphere, convenient location,terrific service. A great upscale experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz group nice surpriseMMlmVIPDined on 7/10/2014The menu for dinner has limited entree choices, unless you want sandwiches or lighter fare. Had the pork whi h was very good but would have been too small a portion for my husband. The best was the jazz ensemble playing in the bar. Very talented group, not too loud for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wellington's: great restaurantmountaingirlDined on 7/9/2014What a wonderful experience! Fabulous servers, delicious food, elegant and relaxing atmosphere. Quite a surprise for Johnson City. The steaks melted in our mouths and the cherries jubilee prepared at our table was an experience in itself. Sorry we missed "Jazz Nite" but a definite good reason for returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Wellington's Restaurant reviews archive.
- 2nd Wedding AnniversaryFoodluvaDined on 6/7/2014Thanks for making our 2nd anniversary memorable! The table was very beautiful!Special Features:
- pp6163Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent veggies and good steaks--the butternut squash smashed potatoes were especially tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise for out of towners...44056foodieDined on 5/17/2014We were happy to find the hotel via AAA and happier to find a fine restaurant after a day of travel. Atmosphere fit the hotel historic decor. The room wasn't crowded but could accommodate one. Great drinks and southern entries. Full bourbon menu including many exclusive brands. We enjoyed our cherries jubilee although it wasn't made table side as a wonderful way to end the evening. Hotel was nice too. Lobby was large and grandSpecial Features:
- Best in Johnson CityLocalsDined on 5/9/2014Our group had a delightful meal. The food is traditional fare prepared well. Quiet enough for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste you moneyLasttimeDined on 5/8/2014Food took an hour to be served and when it came to the table it was luke warm. Very expensive, poor menu choices, and poor service.
- Excellent Vegetarian!!HeyLadyDined on 4/29/2014I was thrilled to bring my vegetarian friend for dinner. She had never been to Wellington's and was surprised there were things on the menu suitable for her. She enjoyed panko-encrusted, deep-fried Portobello mushrooms with a Dijon dipping sauce. It was a special, but is worthy of a permanent place on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our first experience at Wellingtons and it was great! The food was amazing and the service was perfect! I cannot complain or even make a suggestion, wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We met with a group of 9,ShirlDined on 4/10/2014We met with a group of 9, staff was very accommodating, food was very good.Special Features:
- Our Waiter, Michael, was exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Our Waiter, Michael, was exceptional. The food very good for the price, but I would not say exceptional. I would recommend the Salamon and the Bananas Foster.Special Features:
- Very romantic decor, whichKnoxvillianDined on 12/20/2013Very romantic decor, which was very reminiscent of the 1800's period when this hotel/restaurant was in it's original prominence. Booths were private, service was attentive, and the food was very well prepared. We would like to make this an annual "Getaway" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wellington's, Carnegie HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2013Wellington's is always a pleasant get-away. The food is good and the atmosphere relaxing and romantic.Special Features:
- Worth another shotKingsportDined on 11/2/2013Very nice atmosphere with a good assortment of bourbons and whiskey for before dinner drink. Soup,salad and sides were all excellent. Filet wasnt a good cut of meat and was undercooked 2 times. 2 large dinner parties occupied most of the short staffed evening. Worth trying again, i think they were just short staffed. On an up note, my daughter had the best cheeseburger of her 17 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Louder, and Even LouderDisappointedDined on 11/2/2013I visited my son at school and we went to dinner at Wellington's. The bar scene was so loud we could not hear each other talk. We actually had to yell to speak to each other. Food was good, service was at best average. Robotic inattentive waiter. Should have ordered room service.Special Features:
- Split on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013The filet was excellent, but the beef stroganoff was quite short on meat.Special Features:
- Great for vouplesRotorheadDined on 9/14/2013The seating was cozy and the staff accommodated other diners' wishes to relocate to see the live jazz performance. Our server was polite and knowledgeable. He kept a close check on our drinks without being intrusive. The food arrived after a normal wait, which gave appropriate time for drinks and conversation. Our meals were appealing to the eye and delicious to the palette. We will be visiting again and encourage you to try it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality does not match priceRomanticDinerDined on 9/13/2013I had the beef stroganoff ($21) which was tasty, however the portion size was more of a lunch portion, barely. My best guess is there was approximately 1 ounce of meat used in my entrée. I wanted a light dinner, but not that light. My boyfriend had the 'new to the menu' beef tips with bleu cheese sandwich with chips ($15) which was very tasty. The food is considerably overpriced for the quality/quantity of the food, especially for our area. We had the Franciscan Chardonnay which was very good and exceedingly smooth... yet almost too buttery for our taste. We will not return, except for drinks. Staff was super pleasant....not enough servers on duty, however, we were in no hurry. Romantic vibe was best part.Special Features:
- Always a good time.ddmoodyDined on 8/24/2013Every time we eat there the chef has added new things to the menu,that's a feature I really like. The food is always delicious and reasonably priced. We always go to hear The Jazz Doctors.Special Features:
- Nice Change of PaceLoveGreatFoodDined on 6/20/2013We have business in Johnson City about once a month and generally just go to a franchise restaurant. Since we had a gift certificate for Wellington's, we tried it and really enjoyed the experience. The food was very good and we were not rushed to "turn the table" as so often happens. Our server was friendly and attentive but not overbearing. While we can't afford to go there every month, we will likely go back occasionally for something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I visitedR2D2Dined on 6/20/2013My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant. I had the Chicken and my girlfriend had a hamburger. We were pleased with the experience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceDaveDined on 6/18/2013Visited the restaurant for a special occasion and went away very disappointed. While our server was pleasant and efficient, I had to send my filet back twice in order to attain medium well. My companion, on the other hand, was happy with her steak which she ordered medium rare. Apparently, chef has difficulty discerning between rare and medium well. Our dessert was the Coca Cola cake and it was quite good. Ambience was nice.
- Love the deviled eggs appetizer.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013Love the deviled eggs appetizer. The Tennessee Monte Cristo was not what I expected. The wild mushroom beef stroganoff was surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miserable food. Takes a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2013Miserable food. Takes a lot for me to send food back & request it be removed from check but beef stroganoff was inedible & swimming in broth. Cava not cold at all. Two choices for kids menu which is unheard of for a hotel restaurant. Never ever ever again!
- Excellent serviceDandyDined on 5/30/2013I made the reservation online, requesting a booth in an area of the restaurant that would be romantic and have nice ambience. Not only was the table perfect for us but they had sprinkled red rose petals on the table ahead of time. It was really a nice touch and much appreciated. They read my request and acted on it. Very nice dinner and the service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NIght OutLucyDined on 5/25/2013Appetizers and Entree's were wonderfully delicious and presentation was GREAT!!!!!!! Great waiter and first time visiting Wellington's @ Carnegie in Johnson City, Tn. We will be back. Will recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my mother there for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Took my mother there for breakfast on mother's day- they seemed understaffed, and more interested in preparing a buffet lunch than taking care of breakfast customers. After a delay, our hostess ended up serving us, since the young man called away for a room service order did not return in a timely fashion. My glass and coffee cup had encrusted goo on the lip, though I requested and received a replacement glass. I just scraped the goo off the cup. From there, we had a good time and my mother enjoyed the breakfast, which is the most important thing. When the bill was presented, our waitress forgot to return for the credit card- again, they were preparing for the buffet. Not much competition in Johnson City, but a bit less than expected.
- Nice celebrationNewDocDined on 5/10/2013The staff of the hotel and Wellington's could not have been easier to work with. My guests were quite pleased with quality of the food and service. Our waiter brought the bill to me as I had instructed, and made the process very smooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a fabulous meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Enjoyed a fabulous meal with family and friends !!Special Features:
- We ate dinner and then wentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We ate dinner and then went to the bar to listen to Lenora Raphael and The Jazz Doctors ,it was my husbands birthday. He loved it, so glad you provided such amazing entertainment. We will definately be back.Special Features:
- So-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Food was great, but our waiter didn't clean the pollen off the table, the hostess came by and saw it. Our waiter also forgot the bread and drink refills.Special Features:
- Our group got exactly whatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Our group got exactly what we had hoped for. Very good service with wonderful food. The restaurant was not very busy and neither was the bar which allowed us to have a very relaxing evening. The quality of the food and service matched the prices.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lovely. The price wasn't too bad either, considering the quality of the food. We got drinks, an appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert, and the bill was $55. Fresh ingredients, skillfully prepared into creative dishes. One of the better restaurants in the Tri Cities.Special Features:
- Pretty place. Our booth wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Pretty place. Our booth was private. Food ok. I have had better for money.Special Features:
- Not food snobs but it justOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Not food snobs but it just wasn't very good at all. Best part was dessert, that was very good. We were seated right next to the door and bothered by all the people walking in and out. Service was slow. Very disappointed on our first and most likely only trip to this restaurant.
- Good amdience but food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2013Good amdience but food was so-so. Not bad for hotel though.Special Features: