5633 Victoria Ave
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3L5Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://weinkeller.ca/
- Phone: 2892968000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (Tapas menu from 9:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Tapas menu from 10:00pm - 12:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Canadian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Stuart Mena & Robert Forster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Weinkeller
Hello and thank you for your interest in Weinkeller. We are Canada's first craft winery inside of a restaurant. Where we have been able to craft something for your enjoyment... we have. Fresh food created using only the freshest, seasonal products from all over the province of Ontario is our primary focus. Our style is casually upscale in every detail and it shows throughout our restaurant. We consider our team to be true "hospitalitarians" and cater to our guests in everything that we do. We look forward to greeting... seating... and treating you to an amazing experience while your with us here in Niagara Falls. Thank you for your interest. My name is Chris, I'm the owner and most likely I will be there to thank you personally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Weinkeller - Best Restaurants in Niagara Falls ›
Weinkeller reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (166)romantic (139)special occasion (135)neighborhood gem (128)notable wine list (79)good for groups (78)hot spot (69)late-night find (33)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good, not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We arrived at 6pm, not really hungry, and waiter tried very hard to sell us the fixed price 3 or 5 course meal. Eventually, he said they had a a la carte menu and handed it to us. After we ordered, only saw him once again as his assistant brought our salad and main course. The steak was OK for him and the chicken and potatoes were really good. We drank a bottle of wine which helped to make dinner enjoyable. It was a nice dinner but we won't go back because we think it was overpriced. All the staff was very friendly but I felt a little abandoned by the waiter.
- Pleasant surpriseFoodieDined on 10/19/2014We loved the Weinkeller for our anniversary dinner. The setup of the menu was easy to follow, I liked that we could substitute the courses to our liking. The service staff was friendly and knowledgeable. And the atmosphere was intimate. We will definitely come back when we are in the area again. It was a memorable meal for a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGM1Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent food and service, reasonably priced for quality of food and wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemAnonDined on 10/19/2014Can't say much more than all the other 5 star reviews. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalMeatsweatsDined on 10/18/2014The owners came to say hello, the head chief followed up with dinner and our experience. We had a blast and enjoyed every piece!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.. server put a slight damperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had an amazing meal this past Saturday night. As with other reviews it was very nice to meet and talk with the two Chris's who are the owners. Extremely friendly and accomodating. We had the special Fillet Mignon with an inhouse sauce - it was to die for! So tender and delicious. We started with the Tuna and the mini chicken pot parcels which were also amazing. A couple negatives that had us leave with a little negative taste in our mouth: Our server wasn't the most attentive. We asked for more water about 1/2 way through our meal - he took the bottle away but I had to ask again at the end of the meal to get more. Same for my g/f's wine - we ordered more and 15 mins later had to ask again. Also got a 10.00 per fillet surprise on our bill - I guess the special is $10/more per person which was no explained to us.Special Features:
- Get the 5 courseWeekendWinerDined on 10/18/2014The fixed price menu has 2 options - 3 course and 5 course. The 5 course includes 2 glasses of house wine and choice of soup,salad,appetizer entree or dessert for $55 - a good price for the quality of the food. We mixed and matched and enjoyed the different selections of house reds and whites which are made to order for the restaurant by local wineries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resto excellentvaleriebgDined on 10/18/2014La nourriture à ce restaurant est de très bonne qualité. Elle est très fraîche, originale, délicate et savoureuse. Le service est personnalisé et le serveur qui nous a servi (en français !) était particulièrement sympathique. Le prix est tout à fait raisonnable compte tenu de la qualité de la nourriture servie. L'atmosphère est agréable, festive et le décor est très joli et chaleureux. Je vous le recommande fortement. Bravo à toute l'équipe pour ce superbe souper !Special Features:
- Great restaurant in Niagra Falls!foodieinthefallsDined on 10/18/2014Highly recommend this restaurant...the owners were very much involved and made you feel so comfortable. The food was amazing!! The service was excellent!! The décor was fabulous...we would return to this gem when we are back in the area.Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great time. Food was delicious. We got a free dessert for booking on line. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and unique restaurantNiagarafoodieDined on 10/17/2014Excellent house wine served on tap which is quite unique. They offer great flexibility to their Prix fixe menu. Excellent food and wine for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 10/17/2014The place had a wonderful buzzing atmosphere, what you would expect for a Friday night. We had the 3-course dinner and were very impressed; we will definitely be going again. The food was exceptional, the service was super friendly and attentive which always makes for a better evening. I am looking forward to our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalprchickDined on 10/17/2014Weinkeller lives up to the hype. the service is personable and familiar, the menu design is clever and flexible, and the food, well, it's one of the best steaks I've ever eaten - outstanding! not to mention the wine made on premises - divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantarandomreviewerDined on 10/17/2014We had a very nice meal at this restaurant last weekend. Hosts were fantastic - lots of attention to detail. A warm and inviting place for couples. Food is good but not exceptional although some of their specialties are very very good (squash soup and goat cheese appetizer are great!)Special Features:
- Great pre show dinnerItawadDined on 10/17/2014I booked this restaurant for a group of 14 people and was attracted me was the great reviews. Me and the whole group were not disappointed. Great service from the waiters and Chris the manager, they were very welcoming and accommodating to all our needs. Fast service and great wine and above all the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. Chris sat us at the wine cellar private room. Will definately go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new Go To PlacesuperfoodieDined on 10/17/2014We first went to Weinkeller on our Anniversary in August, we were so impressed by the service and food!! We have since dropped in for dessert, walked in a couple of times and this was second formal dinner reservation. The owner and staff are fabulous and attentive. If you plan on checking them out, go in the early week and get extra attention from the staff. They get busy later in the week and reservations are definitely suggested. Once you get through the wonderful menu of appetizers and entrees. I have one suggestion for dessert, Semifreddo!!Special Features:
- a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I ate the most wonderful food that we have ever eaten! The service was incredible! And we were placed in the most romantic spot! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Niagara must!MartyDined on 10/15/2014Tourist or local this is a must dine! The ambiance, friendly knowledgable staff and great food with a foodie twist! There is something on thier menu that will have everyone raving about the food! The house wines on tap are indeed a special surprise...be sure to give them a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014With one night only in the area I went online to look for local restaurants, and what a find!!! Service was incredible, staff were friendly and the food...out of this world! You can tell the passion the chef has for his food and the presentation and most importantly, taste, was amazing. with options for each main dish on how you can have it cooked I went for the Cedar Planked Salmon. Cooked to perfection and wonderfully fresh. one member of our group needs 'Gluten free' options and great care was taken with her food. Made a nice change for her to have something other than a salad!! Every member of our group was seriously impressed. IF we had another night we would most certainly have gone again!!!Special Features:
- Awesome anniversary dinner.ReimermomDined on 10/14/2014We loved it. Starting with the appetizers to the mussels to the main course of salmon. Our waiter, mark, was attentive and helpful. Would definitely return if we head back to the Falls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aliciaDined on 10/14/2014We came for the steak which was very good but the salmon was no less delicious, and desert was exceptional. Very friendly staff and inviting. We enjoyed our evening there very much and we certainly recommend the place.Special Features:
- Great find from TripAdvisor!IlovegoodfoodDined on 10/12/2014I found this place online via TripAdvisor, LLC and decided from the previous reviews that this would be a great place to take my husband for his birthday. To our delight, the reviews were spot-on! We both opted for the choose 3; I went with the tuna appetizer, steak and lemon tart dessert and my husband chose the cauliflower soup (a chef-inspired creation), beef carpaccio and the filet mignon. We topped it all off with a bottle of Megalomaniac and an after dinner coffee. Ever bite of food was WONDERFUL! The filet was worth every extra penny as it was the best I have ever eaten (no exaggeration, it was that good!). I would recommend this place to anyone to who enjoys food! Great job Weinkeller!Special Features:
- Gourmet food with flexible menuLovetoeatVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went with my two daughters we all order different menu and all were outstanding, Very reasonable price, for CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. As a newly married couple we enjoyed the romantic setting and fresh, delicious food. We highly recommend Weinkellers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversaryOuttoeatDined on 10/11/2014Five star food in a three star room. The owners are very welcoming and conversational. Food and staff were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightTrollprincessDined on 10/11/2014We had 5 course meals each. Salmon bisque soup, grilled peach salad and steaks stood out. Very attentive service, great food and wine. Reservations a must. Reasonable for touristy Niagara Falls and much better than other options in the area. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- good late night spotleenVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was good and the ordering concept interesting: 3 or 5 course dinner menu you MUST select from as there are no other options. Some homemade wine to try and to our surprise, quite drinkable. Ordered salmon with hollandaise and it had a dash of maple syrup in it - a bit weird at first, but then you're in Canada so syrup is almost a food group here. The pork chop was outstanding and cooked to order. Beer options could use some expanding.Special Features:
- OutstandingStuartVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our fifth or sixth visit to the restaurant in the year since it has opened, and what we really remarked on this visit was that the passion is still there. Not one aspect of the dining experience was in any way lacking, the staff is working as hard as they were opening night to impress their clients!Special Features:
- Loved it!Dmacd24Dined on 10/11/2014Perfect anniversary meal. Amazing, attentive service by entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be better.PandJReviewDined on 10/11/2014We booked at Weinkeller because it was rated #1 in the falls. I thought...right. The fixed price menu and options were intriguing. My wife picked the 3-pack and I the 5-pack to try out the made-in-house wine. I figured the courses would be wimpy and small. Got that wrong too. The squash soup was outstanding even for someone who doesn't particularly like squash. we both had steak - both good size and the coffee sauce on the filet was fabulous. They also put something delicious on the potatoes. Still trying to figure out what it was - going to have to go back and reassess. Nothing at all left on my plate when I was finished. Now the deep fried chocolate thingees for desert - OMG AWESOME. I'm coming back - SOON.Special Features:
- Outstanding place!ChrisDined on 10/11/2014I don't normally review restaurants (or anything for that matter) but Weinkeller is so deserving of adulation. My girlfriend and I stopped by for dinner on our first trip to Niagara and my first trip to Canada, and every bit of the experience was superb. The food, the wine, the decor/atmosphere, and especially the staff were all top notch. Kudos and thanks to Chris the owner for being so welcoming, for creating such a perfect dining spot, and for giving us something to rave about beyond just the Falls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yetLafreniere84Dined on 10/10/2014Everything about this restaurant is great. The owner is there to greet you and the staff makes sure you are well taken care of. Not to mention the food and wine are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencejjloopsDined on 10/10/2014Went there while vacationing in Niagara Falls. Owner/Manager was super friendly and made my wife and I feel very comfortable. Wait staff was also friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Food was excellent and plentiful. Got the $55 five course meal and substituted two glasses of wine for two food courses at no extra charge. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this placeNiagaraFansDined on 10/10/2014The entire staff, from the owners, to wait staff, to bus boys, we're all enthusiastic about the food and the experience. The food and atmosphere were perfect. Don't miss this place. Make a reservation. They were turning people away all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weiinkeller reviewBrendaDined on 10/10/2014Didn't know what to expect. We were greeted by one of the owners and the were treated like royalty. He made suggestions and they were great. The price was extremely reasonable. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full effect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had such a nice,comfortable time here. Will be retiring for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014We so enjoyed our experience at Weinkeller! The staff was incredibly friendly and the ambiance is incredible. The food was delicious! I wanted to try one of everything. Would recommend for sure!Special Features:
- Perfect foodGK721Dined on 10/7/2014Perfect food and perfekt service. The owner come and speak and that was very nice. We celebration my wifes birthday and that was the right place.Special Features:
- 30 birthday celebrationsTashaDined on 10/5/2014I love the cellar feeling of the restaurant and the food was to die for. Staff were friendly and knowledgable. It is a true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbrittkDined on 10/4/2014I arranged a surprise birthday evening with my boyfriend for his birthday in Niagara (the 4th) (we are from the Kitchener/Waterloo). Scanning opentable (last minute) we found Weinkeller. The greeter was amazing, the bartender (who surprisingly went to school in our area) was learned and the wine on tap was AWESOME. Our server Jordan was acceptional, food was great (espresso steak - OMG) and we were even visited by the chef which was great! Chris (i think..) the guy who brought us our waters (sparkling and flat) was hilarious! I work in the restaurant industry as well where we make everything in house as well - and this place is fantastic. Thank you for adding the cherry on top of such an overall fantastic evening!! We will be back! BrittSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.